Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: Other Cup Competitions:
Essex Thames-side Trophy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

tiptree
Ballboy/girl

Feb 19, 2009, 5:05 PM

Post #51 of 60 (3841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Recorderman] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is to confirm that Tiptree did in fact pull out of the competition. It was like banging your head against a brick wall to get anything out of the organiser. When we were finally sent through all the information it was too late to organise a free week before the cut-off date with Basildon (our intended opponents), and never got an acknowledgement from the organiser regarding us pulling out.

southend statto
First Team Star

Feb 20, 2009, 12:42 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #52 of 60 (3829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tiptree] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

must agree with you - this must be one of the most badly run competitions I've ever dealt with - and it's been going on for years!
quite why Tiptree would want to enter such a meaningless competition (if you're suspended, you can play in the ETT cos it doesn't count towards your suspension!) I don't know.
maybe all the clubs should pull out and let it die like so many others over the last few decades.
('locally', I can think of the Essex Elizabethan, Essex Floodlight, Eastern Floodlight, Mithras and Premier Mid Week Floodlight to name a few)

Ribbit
Youth Team Regular

Feb 20, 2009, 7:00 PM

Post #53 of 60 (3813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
must agree with you - this must be one of the most badly run competitions I've ever dealt with - and it's been going on for years!
quite why Tiptree would want to enter such a meaningless competition (if you're suspended, you can play in the ETT cos it doesn't count towards your suspension!) I don't know.
maybe all the clubs should pull out and let it die like so many others over the last few decades.
('locally', I can think of the Essex Elizabethan, Essex Floodlight, Eastern Floodlight, Mithras and Premier Mid Week Floodlight to name a few)

(This post was edited by Ribbit on Feb 20, 2009, 7:01 PM)

Ribbit
Youth Team Regular

Feb 20, 2009, 7:03 PM

Post #54 of 60 (3811 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bloody quote function won't work for some reason.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was: As long as the beautiful trophy isn't lost (the competition can cease for all I care).

Recorderman
Junior Team Regular

Feb 25, 2009, 7:51 AM

Team(s): Lancing, Montreal Expos

Post #55 of 60 (3752 views)
Shortcut

Still nothing from Romford on the Great Wakering match but, as they're getting the Brasted Trophy out of the way tonight (weather permitting), that March 10 date could be on (though they still have three league matches to arrange). Will try to find out tonight. Coup, I notice, is making enquiries about it on the Romford forum.

Recorderman
Junior Team Regular

Feb 26, 2009, 8:26 AM

Post #56 of 60 (3726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Recorderman] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Right, today's definitive word on Romford v Great Wakering. The clubs have agreed to March 10 BUT, despite several attempts to inform the competition 'organisers', who have to arrange the match officials, they have had no response as yet. Tiptree may not be surprised by this. So watch this space.

Recorderman
Junior Team Regular

Mar 1, 2009, 3:54 PM

Post #57 of 60 (3692 views)
Shortcut

Yay! March 10 is at last confirmed. Bet it snows.

coupwotcoup
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2009, 2:29 AM

Post #58 of 60 (3633 views)
Shortcut

Woopy do...this Tuesday it is.. any interest in said competition has long been defenestrated..

Pre-1970 football programmes wanted. Good prices paid for good condition collections. Have thousands for sale, League and Non League. PM with wants lists or for quotes. Especially required pre-1978 Romford home and aways, plus FA Trophy programmes from any rounds from seasons 69-70 and 70-1.

coupwotcoup
First Team Star

Mar 11, 2009, 5:39 AM

Post #59 of 60 (3589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coupwotcoup] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I love a change of heart.. Two down with five to go, a scratch side and suddenly, three goals out of nowhere and we are in the quarter-final... if it ever gets played. Missed all our goals, as I spent the second half in the bar and was a worthy winner of the night's 'Ye of little faith' award Unsure

Pre-1970 football programmes wanted. Good prices paid for good condition collections. Have thousands for sale, League and Non League. PM with wants lists or for quotes. Especially required pre-1978 Romford home and aways, plus FA Trophy programmes from any rounds from seasons 69-70 and 70-1.

coupwotcoup
First Team Star

Mar 11, 2009, 3:59 PM

Post #60 of 60 (3571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coupwotcoup] Essex Thames-side Trophy [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Latest updates I have...amendments and additions are welcome.

Essex Thamesside Trophy
Second Round
Tiptree United v Basildon United (w/o for Baz)
Billericay v Brentwood
Southend Manor v Maldon Town
Barkingside 0-3 Tilbury
Redbridge v Bowers
Romford 3-2 Great Wakering
Barking v Brimsdown (they tried but first game abandoned)
Ilford v Aveley

Rumours abound that we have Basildon next, but not even the freedom of information act can unlock the secret that is the ETT quarter-final draw.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3