"Worst team in Britain" gets a point

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2008, 9:15 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #1 of 7 (3004 views)
Shortcut
"Worst team in Britain" gets a point Can't Post or Reply Privately

A few weeks ago Northend Thistle gained their first point in 14 years when they drew with Southend in the Arran League

http://www.arranbanner.co.uk/...h_for_Northend_.html

In June ESPN Asia had a film crew covering their league match against Brodick, which they lost 2-1

http://www.arranbanner.co.uk/...t_of_TV_cameras.html
and today Sky Sports cameras were present to film their match with Southend United

http://www.arranbanner.co.uk/...%92s_worst_team.html

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2008, 10:42 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] "Worst team in Britain" gets a point [In reply to] Can't Post or

According to a guy who phoned 606 tonight (and they actually let him on when he wasn't talking about the premiershi* !!) Northend WON today 5-4

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Aug 25, 2008, 10:27 AM

Team(s): Every Derbyshire team

Post #3 of 7 (2857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] "Worst team in Britain" gets a point [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a Derby fan this news gladens my heart - there IS hope

robgrillo
First Team Star

Aug 28, 2008, 11:03 AM

Post #4 of 7 (2622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] "Worst team in Britain" gets a point [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Northend's ground is in the village of Lochranza - just yards away from the local distillery & what is officially the Uk's 'darkest' house (north facing, underneath a mountain !). The local deer population use the ground when the footballers don't need it.

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Aug 28, 2008, 11:15 AM

Post #5 of 7 (2618 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] "Worst team in Britain" gets a point [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We went to Lochcranza on a geography field trip when I was about 14/15 - should have took my boots - strangely a trip to the distillery was nt on the list (though maybe the teachers (no pun intended) went)
I'd love to go back to Arran and visit some of the other isles. There must be some grounds set in stunning scenery.
The memory fades but Lochranza looked too small to field a remotely able bodied eleven.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Aug 28, 2008, 11:37 AM

Post #6 of 7 (2614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MattRamLives] "Worst team in Britain" gets a point [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The distillery has only been there for about a decade. When you consider Lochranza is about 90% second homes, it's amazing that they can raise even one player ! I think they 'export' from the rest of the island.

The main pitch on the island is in Brodick at the main sports ground, but there is another in Whiting Bay, and one on the west of the island at Blackwaterfoot. All have huge cantilever stands, floodlights and hard standing on all 4 sides - not !!!

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

MattRamLives
First Team Sub

Aug 28, 2008, 12:14 PM

Post #7 of 7 (2605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] "Worst team in Britain" gets a point [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The distillery has only been there for about a decade. When you consider Lochranza is about 90% second homes, it's amazing that they can raise even one player ! I think they 'export' from the rest of the island.

The main pitch on the island is in Brodick at the main sports ground, but there is another in Whiting Bay, and one on the west of the island at Blackwaterfoot. All have huge cantilever stands, floodlights and hard standing on all 4 sides - not !!!

and chips and programmes?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3