Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Archive: Prediction League:
Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target / Moderator

Aug 9, 2008, 5:55 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #1 of 82 (76399 views)
Shortcut
Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores Can't Post or Reply Privately

Please find attached the current scores. Don't expect them so quickly every week, but we played last night this weekend!

Please let me know of any transcription errors from the entry posts to the 'Original Entries' tab.

It's avery early days, but starting off best are vienna1964 and spgrey (14), with SimonG third (12).

Still stuck on the blocks (well in fact some way behind them at the moment) are modelhobbies, northstandexile and Hawkwind (all -8)

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (956) Wellington 0-2 Exmouth Town
With FC United: 134
On the agenda:
15/10 FC United v Basford United
16/10 Ashland Rovers v Underwood Villa
19/10 Atherton Collieries v FC United

oftenscore6

Aug 17, 2008, 11:28 AM

Post #2 of 82 (76219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still very early, with a few clubs not having played yet, but I have updated with Saturday's new tables.

Bomaya gained 39 points, Gavin 38 and Hawkwind 37 this week, whilst previously equal first spgrey lost 7 points, tjathome 4points and SimonG 1.

Overall, that leaves Tomschman out in front on 47, Felix with 45 and Pat B 39. Bringing up the rear are tjathome (-4), Jon M (2), TP (4).

On the agenda:

oftenscore6

Aug 24, 2008, 9:15 AM

Post #3 of 82 (75975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Every team has now played at least 2 games, with tables changing very quickly - Cambridge City and Sittingbourne moving from relegation places into the points winning positions for instance.

This week's big improvers were Doody with 34 pts, myself with 31 and tjathome with 30. Bomaya's stellar week last week did not last, losing 19 points, with Gavin losing 13 and Tomschman 10.

Overall, that leaves myself Blush tied out in front with Doody with 59, with Zebedee and Felix on 51. Down at the bottom Jon M has now gone last with 14, RRYFS has 15 and East Fork Utd 16. It's not a fix, honest!!!

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Aug 24, 2008, 9:15 AM)

vienna1964
Deleted

Aug 24, 2008, 2:44 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 82 (75961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or

Just out of interest, I have been emulating this game with a single change to the scoring system... expressing the final scores as a percentage of won points versus possible points for all teams selected.

This will also work for Cup results, so will continue when Cups are going.

One thing however - is that Sarumio does not appear to have an FA Cup entry registered... so if you could do that Saru~ ???

Doody 0.669 oftenscore6 0.657 Felix 0.644 Football Man 0.644 Tweety 0.632 Zebedee 0.613 Pat B 0.606 Hawkwind 0.604 howaythebay 0.593 spgrey 0.590 davy c 0.586 mnewz 0.586 SparkyRebel 0.574 Vienna1964 0.567 TP 0.565 MadMick 0.563 fishy 0.553 Bendrix 0.551 Tomschman 0.551 Darren Lovell 0.549 Jamesie 0.544 Sandhurstbee 0.544 Bomaya 0.542 Gavin 0.532 modelhobbies 0.521 Chrisby 0.521 SimonG 0.521 Gray 0.519 Sarumio 0.512 StokePriorAndy 0.491 tjathome 0.488 HarryC 0.470 Jon M 0.458 Northstandexile 0.456 RRYFS 0.421 East Fork Utd 0.419

I'll update from time to time, so you may see how well your teams are doing !

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

(This post was edited by vienna1964 on Aug 24, 2008, 2:49 PM)

oftenscore6

Sep 2, 2008, 11:59 PM

Post #5 of 82 (75325 views)
Shortcut

With the bank holiday games, last weekend and midweek matches, there have been quite a few changes. Some of those tipped for success have slipped into the relegation zone - Cammell Laird, Oxford City, Uxbridge and Crowborough Athletic; other highly fancied sides are not scoring anything yet - AFC Telford United, Torquay United, Boston United, Curzon Ashton and Fleet Town.

This week's big improvers are Darren Lovell and Tweety with +8, with Pat B and Sandhurst Bee gaining 6. Doody's large gain last week did not last, with him and Jamesie both losing 14 and Bendrix 13.

Pat B has moved up to first with 50, 2 pts ahead of myself with Tweety 2 further back. East Fork Utd remains 3rd from bottom with 14, with Bendrix (13) replacing RRYFS in 2nd last and Jon M dropping further behind (4).

On the agenda:

Jon M
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 3, 2008, 6:06 PM

Post #6 of 82 (75291 views)
Shortcut

Look, you clearly have not understood how the scoring system works - all organisers and previous organisers are automatically exempt from appearing in the relegation spots with other entrants being penalised sufficiently in a somewhat random fashion in order for this to be the case (just think Altrincham & you'll get the idea)...

Tongue

oftenscore6

Sep 6, 2008, 7:10 PM

Post #7 of 82 (74962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jon M] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry Jon, I didn't appreciate that nuance.CrazyBlush

Consequently Oxford City have been awarded a 16 point 'previous organiser compensation' - you being the only participant having selected Oxford City Wink. It may be subject to appeal however.....

The biggest improvers this week are Sparky Rebel with a 15 point gain - East Thurrock going top the main helper; Darren Lovell following up last week's improvement with 11pts and Bomaya rebounding with 10 pts. Losers this week are modelhobbies (-6), Tomschman (-2) and mnewz (-1).

Overall there isn't much change at either end - the top 2 are the same (58/53), with Felix moving back into the 3rd spot (52) just ahead of Tweety (49). At the bottom, courtesy of Oxford City getting the 16 pt bonus, Jon is just into 4th last (22), with RRYFS (21), Bendrix (17) and East Fork Utd (14).

Both the teams competing in the opening Vase round came through - New Mills (me); and East Fork Utd's Bodmin Town Smile

On the agenda:

East Fork Utd
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 7, 2008, 2:22 PM

Post #8 of 82 (74845 views)
Shortcut

It's still early, but just in case, I'm browsing different types of stains for my wooden spoon Cool! Right now, pine and oak have the inside track.

oftenscore6

Sep 16, 2008, 11:45 PM

Post #9 of 82 (74380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [East Fork Utd] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This week's club movers were Fisher Athletic and Ossett Albion gaining 5 and 6 points, whilst Newcastle Blue Star and Rushall Olympic slipped off top spots and Margate slid into the relegation spots.

That has been most productive for Sandhurstbee (+12), Bomaya (+11) and MadMick (+10). FootballMan was the biggest loser (-7), followed by Zebedee (-5) and Doody (-3).

At the foot, the bottom 3 are the same; Pat B has extended his lead to 7 and Vienna1964 is back into 3rd, level on points with SparkyRebel.

Jon M's Oxford City compensation has grown to +19 points.Tongue

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Sep 16, 2008, 11:46 PM)
Attachments: NL CL scores.xls (142 KB)

oftenscore6

Sep 21, 2008, 10:59 PM

Post #10 of 82 (74218 views)
Shortcut

This weekend's biggest points changes were Bamber Bridge going top of NP1N and moves out of the relegation spots for Merthyr Tydfil, Uxbridge, Dartford and Margate. Slipping down were Newport County, Stocksbridge PS and East Thurrock United.

Those benefitting this week were RRYFS (+10), Jamesie (+9) and mnewz (+8). The biggest loser this week was me Blush (-15) suffering due to East Thurrock United, AFC Wimbledon and Bradford Park Avenue slippages. I was followed by spgrey (-13), Bomaya (-10) and tomschman (-10).

PatB (56) still has 1st place, though the gap is now only 2 points to DarrenLovell and Tweety (54). At the foot, modelhobbies has slipped into 3rd last (23), Bendrix (21)and East Fork Utd (9). Jon M's Oxford City comp is down to +18.

On the agenda:
Attachments: NL CL scores.xls (142 KB)

oftenscore6

Sep 28, 2008, 2:38 PM

Post #11 of 82 (73775 views)
Shortcut

With the FA Cup continuing, some leagues only had partial fixtures this weekend, though several had midweek fixtures also. Truro's FA Cup progress has allowed Beaconsfield SYCOB and Cinderford Town to overtake them, for example. Other teams slipping down were Cambridge United, Newcastle Blue Star, Skelmersdale United and Tonbridge Angels. Big movers up into point scoring positions were Burton Albion (to 4th), AFC Sudbury (to 3rd) and Lancaster City moved from 8th to 3rd. Crowborough Athletic's midweek win lifted them out of the relegation spots, benefitting davy c by 5 points.

Tomschman (+14) and Bomaya (+12) have both more than recovered the points lost last week, followed by a welcome +10 for East Fork Utd, thanks to Burton, Sittingbourne and Curzon Ashton all improving. Suffering this week were howaythebay (-15), Jamesie and FootballMan (-9). 7 of howaythebay's team's tips slipped back this week, most by only a place or 2, but it all adds up. Jamesie's score includes a correction of -1 as I had missed Blush his FA Cup tip of Leamington, who went out in the 1st qualifying round. Also out of the FA Cup is modelhobbies tip of Fisher Athletic, but all Vase tips are still in.

In the overall positions, Tweety (54) is now in 1st place, level on points with PatB, with Vienna1964 in 3rd (50). East Fork's good score has moved him up off the bottom, with Bendrix replacing him and Harry C replacing modelhobbies in the releagtion spots. Jon M's Oxford City comp is now only +12!

On the agenda:

vienna1964
Deleted

Oct 1, 2008, 11:42 AM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 82 (73647 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or

Often~ could you possibly consider slightly altering the scoring system so that League positions are calculated on a ppg basis rather than on the current (and usual) 'sheer number of points' basis ?

I believe that doing so would 'validate' your scoring system for the game in a much more realistic manner than the early season vagaries of differing numbers of games played presently allows.

It would not be a really large amount of extra work, all things considered as once an Excel document be set up so that it can calculate ppg's, each League table may then simply be copy/pasted into it so that the calcs work, then be re-ordered... and Bob's yer Uncle !
If in that Excel document, you allow nine rows (for team name, games played, won, drawn, lost, goals for, goals against, goal differencxe, points), the tenth row may be pre-set with the ppg calculation and at outset this may be copied all the way down the page.
Once you'd exhausted the information required to toy up points for the game from each division, you'd simply delete the top 25 or sow rows and start afresh on the next division. Alternatively, you could just as easily simply overwrite one division with the next, once the info. has been used.

Some folks might feel slightly (dis) advantaged by the change-over, however I think this could really be easily justified - as we'd be moving onto a presentation which would much more closely reflect the variant team achievement-strengths at each moment than the basic model we are already using does.

I APOLOGISE UNRESERVEDLY TO EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS FORUM WHO HAS FELT LET-DOWN BY MY INIMICABLE AND DEPLORABLE BEHAVIOUR OF OCTOBER 28th. 2009. ESPECIALLY TO BRIAN, WHO IS A MARVELLOUS GENTLEMAN AND IS THE LAST PERSON HERE WHO SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SUCH UNDESERVED PERSONAL CHARACTER-ASSASSINATION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT A PRIVATE PERSONAL APOLOGY WAS SENT, BUT WAS SEEN INSUFFICIENT. FAIR ENOUGH.

hawkwind
First Team Star

Oct 1, 2008, 12:17 PM

Post #13 of 82 (73644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienna1964] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I give one vote to leaving it exactly as it is. JonM's original great idea and oftenscore6 has added a presentation touch. I thank them both. Keep it simple.

oftenscore6

Oct 9, 2008, 5:59 PM

Post #14 of 82 (73314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vienna1964] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is an interesting suggestion, but I think we should leave it as is until the end of season and then everyone can comment on it, and any other suggestions for improvment.

The attached update is up to the weekend only, I just haven't had net access to upload until today.

On the club side, Woking and Newport County moved out of the relegation spots, but Margate and Crowborough slipped back in. At the top end, Newcastle Blue Star moved up from 8th to 3rd and Cambridge Utd, Redbridge and East Thurrock Utd improved a few points too.

Those moves have helped East Fork Utd move up the most points this week with +9, with StokePriorAndy up 8 and myself, Bendrix and harryc up 7. The week's biggest slip was a no contest with davyc down 11 points, hit by Crowborough's slip into the bottom 2 and Halesowen being overtaken. 2nd worst was Bomaya (-5) and then Gavin (-4). Bomaya has hardly spent a week without a mention, either as an improver or faller!

Overall, Darren Lovell (54) is the new leader, equal on points with Pat B, with Tweety in 3rd, 1 pt back. Felix and Vienna1964 are also within 5 of the lead. East Fork is out of the bottom 3, with tjathome sliding into last (22), chasing Bendrix (25) and FootballMan (26).

No-one had any teams in action in the FA Trophy Prelim; but 2 tippers lost their Vase entrants - myself (New Mills) and East Fork Utd's (Bodmin Town).

On the agenda:

oftenscore6

Oct 11, 2008, 7:41 PM

Post #15 of 82 (73229 views)
Shortcut

Cup action again this weekend, but no tips were involved. Conference Nth & Sth had so few games as a result that there was no change to points in either.

The big club movers this week were Margate (Zebedee) and Oxford City (Jon M) moving out of the relegation spots and Rushall Olympic's 2 wins putting them top of NP1S (good for FootballMan). Also moving up 3 or 4 pts were Cambridge Utd, Hednesford Town, Marine, Newcastle Blue Star and Met Police. Moving down 3/4 pts were Burton Albion, Bamber Bridge and Hemel Hempstead.

For tippers, what the Lord giveth one week, he took back this week. East Fork lost all the points gained last week, plus one more (-10), followed by SandhurstBee (-8) and Chrisby (-4). After losing -15 2 weeks ago, howaythebay top scored with +11 - some consolation for Whitley Bay's Cup exit. FootballMan followed him with +10 and Jamesie recovered +6 of points lost 3 weeks ago. Bomaya had an unsually quiet week this week (-3)!

Overall, it has been a good week for Darren Lovell - a Maidstone win coupled with moving 2 points clear (55) of vienna1964 (53) and Pat B (53). At the foot, East Fork Utd slips back to last (18), then tjathome (25) and Bendrix improving to 27. Jon M's comp is currently +16 Tongue

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Oct 11, 2008, 7:41 PM)

vienna1964
Deleted

Oct 12, 2008, 9:34 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 82 (73177 views)
Shortcut

Why does Oxford City accrue 16 points in SLP ?

oftenscore6

Oct 14, 2008, 12:03 AM

Post #17 of 82 (73113 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Please see post number 6 above!

On the agenda:

vienna1964
Deleted

Oct 14, 2008, 10:16 AM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 82 (73096 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Please see post number 6 above!

Ah ! Hohoho !

oftenscore6

Oct 19, 2008, 10:30 PM

Post #19 of 82 (72957 views)
Shortcut

Most leagues had a game this week, even if most step 3 and 4 teams were playing in the FA Trophy this weekend. Only I FA Trophy tip was playing though and I am pleased to say Bendrix is still in with a shot, as he tipped FCUM Cool. We made him sweat though, only scoring the winner with virtually the last kick of the game!

On the club front, the most significant moves were Cammell Laird moving out of the relegation spots, with Buxton replacing them. MadMick gained the most points this week, with +8 (thanks to Torquay and Ossett Albion's improvements), with PatB and spgrey picking up +6 each. It was a bad week for Gray and RRYFS with both dropping 7pts and mnewz 5. Just when I thought Bomaya had a quiet week, I introduced previous positions and guess who has moved up from 28th to 18th! Spgrey moved up the most, 11 places from 26th to 15th, RRYFS moving the most places in the other direction, down 11 from 16th to 27th.

Overall, PatB's good week took him back to the top with 59, followed by Darren Lovell (56) and Tweety (53). At the bottom, East Fork Utd has Buxton, so has slipped back to 16, chasing tjathome (25) and Gray (26) who slipped 10 places to become 3rd last.

EDIT: Jon M's Oxford City comp is now +14....

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Oct 19, 2008, 10:31 PM)

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 23, 2008, 9:20 PM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #20 of 82 (72811 views)
Shortcut

i would like to join the p league but what do i do and i dont have excel...

regards

brett

oftenscore6

Oct 24, 2008, 2:44 PM

Post #21 of 82 (72790 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
i would like to join the p league but what do i do and i dont have excel...

regards

brett

Unfortunately entries have closed for this season - they do so just before the 1st match as this game is only about end-of-season positions. If I allowed another entry now, you would have quite an advantage over the other competitors. There are other prediction competitions which operate on a per match basis, so are probably still open to new competitors, some of which are in other threads of this forum. You are most welcome to enter this competition next season - look out for it over the summer, entries will open well before the new season.

For anyone who does not have Excel, attached is a web page format of the current standings. This is the first time I've tried it, so I hope it works OK!

On the agenda:

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 24, 2008, 2:48 PM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #22 of 82 (72788 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the reply,i'll be in next year. Just for your info the link does not work, for me anyway

oftenscore6

Oct 24, 2008, 3:02 PM

Post #23 of 82 (72785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hmm..looks like I need to do some more work on that. I'll try to get a working one out next week.

On the agenda:

T P
Youth Team Star

Oct 25, 2008, 9:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 82 (72722 views)
Shortcut

One thing that I have noticed which was in last years game, but not this one, is that there is no favourites selection. Would this be something that you'd consider adding to this seasons game?

oftenscore6

Oct 26, 2008, 11:04 PM

Post #25 of 82 (72679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P] Non League Champions League 2008/9 scores [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

T P - I have included the number of people who tipped each team on the club scores page. Is that what you mean? In any case, I will do a brief summary of how each of the most-tipped teams are doing:-

Torquay Utd - 5th - after a poor start, doing well recently; AFC Telford Utd - 5th, been thereabouts most of the season; Bath City & Havant & Waterlooville - neither troubling the scorers much so far; Boston United - similarly mid-table (0 pts) to date; Curzon Ashton - just dropped out of the top 8 due to continuing Cup run; Sheffield - not been in the top 8 since the first few weeks, but have many games in hand; Cambridge City - poor start, but running much better now; Leamington - perfect 10 and look to be breezing it; Truro City - 2nd but with games in hand, looking comfortable; Staines Town - 2nd behind an also well-tipped Dover; Ware - been in the points all season, currently 4th; Fleet Town - poor start, but now not far off the play-offs; not much to say on either the Vase or Trophy where both favourites have not started yet; FA Cup Wrexham only drew at home to 2-steps lower Eastwood Town.

Big club movers this week were Buxton and Crowborough moving out of the bottom 3 - but Fisher Athletic & Ramsgate have dropped back into it. Halesowen and Halifax both made big moves into the top 8, as did Merthyr Tydfil after a poor start to the season; Farborough and Rushall Olympic both dropped off top spots.

The effect on tippers was davy c gained the most (+13), followed by Tweety (+12). Jamesie also gained +7, whilst in the other direction, you guessed it, Bomaya lost the most (-7), along with East Fork - not what you want when you are bottom already... Gray and RRYFS both lost -6. Position changes followed these with davyc and Bomaya leading the way - davyc gaining 14 places.

Overall, Tweety's great week sees a realignment of the top 3, with him moving into 1st (65), with Pat B (62) and Darren Lovell (54) following. Felix and Vienna have been just behind those for a while but it's now MadMick and SparkyRebel instead. Down at the wrong end, a change of management would not help East Fork Utd (9) whilst Gray (20) and RRYFS (23)have had a very bad fortnight. For the 1st time since the 2nd week, Jon M would not have been bottom without the compensation, which is now down to only +5.

In the FA Cup, there are a number of replays, but RRYFS, SimonG, PatB, JonM and StokePriorAndy have no further concerns in this area.

On the agenda:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3