Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: Other Cup Competitions:
West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Jul 31, 2008, 12:53 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #1 of 49 (7471 views)
Shortcut
West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw Can't Post or Reply Privately

First Round

To be Played Sat 4 Oct

1 Pool v Hebden Royd Red Star
2 Featherstone Colliery v Bramham
3 Kelbrook v Ossett Common Rovers
4 Heckmondwike Town v Altofts
5 Otley Town v FC Headingley
6 Halifax Irish Club v Siddal Athletic
7 Golcar United v Lepton Highlanders
8 Heywood Irish Centre v Ealandians
9 Eastmoor v Burley Trojans
10 Oakworth v Campion
11 East End Park v Fields S & S
12 Cononley Sports Club v Howden Clough
13 Knaresborough Town v Bramley Juniors Old Boys
14 Kirkby Malzeard v Wibsey
15 Barnoldswick Town v Brighouse Town
16 Whitkirk Wanderers v Spa Athletic
17 Harrogate Town (Reserves) v Northowram
18 Halifax Irish Centre v Ossett Town (Reserves)
19 Tadcaster Albion (Reserves) v Leeds University Old Boys
20 Knaresborough Celtic v Old Headingley
21 Pontefract Collieries (Reserves) v Ovenden West Riding
22 Beeston St Anthony v Sherburn White Rose
23 Martins Nest v Ardsley Celtic
24 Wetherby Athletic v Liversedge (Reserves)
25 Bay Athletic v Hatfield Main
26 Aberford Albion v Sandal Athletic
27 Kellingley Welfare v Thackley (Reserves)
28 Leeds City v Luddendenfoot
29 Silsden AFC 2004 v Lower Hopton
30 Kirk Deighton Rgs v Storthes Hall
31 Shelf United v Stanningley Old Boys
32 Ryburn Utd v Thorne Colliery
33 Salts v Boroughbridge
34 Bardsey v Otley Rovers
35 Crag Road Utd v Stump Cross
36 Overthorpe SC v Keighley Shamrocks
37 Denholme Utd v Springhead
38 St Bedes OB v Ossett Albion (Reserves)
39 Meltham Athletic v Churwell Lions
40 Oxenhope Recreation v Yorkshire Bank

THE FOLLOWING HAVE A BYE TO ROUND 2

Albion Sports

Alwoodley

Amaranth Old Boys

Bowling Green 2005

Brittania Sports

Bronte Wanderers

Carlton Athletic

Dudley Hill Rangers

Farsley Celtic (Res)

Gildersome Spurs OB

Grassington United

Ilkley Town

Littletown

Long Lee

Old Rovers

Pannal Sports

Ripon City

Robin Hood Athleti

Skipton L M S

Skipton Town

Stainland United

Steeton

Tyersal

Wakefield (Reserves)

I'm sure the decision to include step 6 and above reserve sides will prove to be unpopular with some hoppers.

Providing I can get time off for good behaviour, I'll be off to watch game number 10 - Oakworth v Campion.

Oakworth play at Bronte School, Bogthorn (delightful name) Oakworth and are members of Division 1 of the Craven League.

(This post was edited by Yorks Amateur on Jul 31, 2008, 12:59 PM)

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jul 31, 2008, 1:55 PM

Post #2 of 49 (7453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bronte school is just over the road from where I used to live. The ground is at the other side of 'Goose Cote Lane' and has a wonderful elevated banking running along one side from which you can watch the game. It is possible to enter Goose Cote playing Fields and not realise there is a match going on down at the bottom end because the pitch is right at the bottom of the banking.

Silsden's reserves (Silsden 2004) played in the County Trophy last season - they were the only pyramid side to do this.

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Jul 31, 2008, 6:05 PM

Post #3 of 49 (7430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Bronte school is just over the road from where I used to live. The ground is at the other side of 'Goose Cote Lane' and has a wonderful elevated banking running along one side from which you can watch the game. It is possible to enter Goose Cote playing Fields and not realise there is a match going on down at the bottom end because the pitch is right at the bottom of the banking.

Silsden's reserves (Silsden 2004) played in the County Trophy last season - they were the only pyramid side to do this.

Indeed they were, Mr Grillo - I saw them lose 5-4 to Churwell Lions in the 2nd round, after collecting my Dad from Liversedge FC, where he had watched a youth game in the morning.

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 1, 2008, 2:27 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #4 of 49 (7391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So Hatfield Main and Brighouse Town will be 1st teams?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

robgrillo
First Team Star

Aug 1, 2008, 3:11 PM

Post #5 of 49 (7383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ate, ditto Silsden 2004, Farsley & Thackley

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Aug 1, 2008, 6:28 PM

Post #6 of 49 (7362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [modelhobbies] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So Hatfield Main and Brighouse Town will be 1st teams?

Hatfield Main's first team will be in the Challenge Cup, as they are below step 6.

As Brighouse have just moved up to step 6, their first team has moved up to the 'main' West Riding County Cup. If you refer to an earlier thread, you will see that they have been drawn away to Eccleshill United.

In order to retain use of the grounds, the West Riding County Amateur league have allowed both Hemsworth & Brighouse to keep a side in the league. This has proved to be a controversial move, as both sides will play in the Premier Division.

As Mr Grillo will testify, the WRCAL have certainly changed their tune. When Silsden joined the NWCFL a few seasons ago, the County Am refused their request to keep a reserve team in the league, as they did not want the reserve teams of higher placed clubs in their league.

Fast forward to 2008/09 season and both Hemswrith, Brighouse and Liversedge will field 'reserve' teams in the league !!!

robgrillo
First Team Star

Aug 3, 2008, 8:28 AM

Post #7 of 49 (7312 views)
Shortcut

Just discovered that Oakworth will not be using Goose Cote playing fields for this season. They are unable to use the changing facilities at Bronte School, which is about to be bulldozed. so for this season at least they will be at Marley playing fields in Keighley. They MIGHT do a programme for the Campion game so will keep you informed !

Newly formed Ingrow & Worth Village FC are to play just down the road from Oakworth at Oakbank school this season.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Aug 4, 2008, 12:33 PM

Post #8 of 49 (7274 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Indeed they were, Mr Grillo - I saw them lose 5-4 to Churwell Lions in the 2nd round, after collecting my Dad from Liversedge FC, where he had watched a youth game in the morning.

I've just re-read this post and spotted that it says 'County Trophy' - it wasn't, it was in the County Challenge Cup but I know what Rob meant !!

noprogs
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2008, 8:40 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 49 (7004 views)
Shortcut

I can count at least eleven different leagues that are represented in this cup.
West Yorkshire, Halifax, Harrogate, Yorkshire Old Boys, West Lancashire, Central Midlands, West Riding County Amateur, East Lancashire, Huddersfield, Craven, Manchester, (Leeds Red Triangle?).
This all defaults back to the pre-1974 boundaries of the late lamented West Riding of Yorkshire.
Can any other county cup competition match that range of leagues?

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Sep 22, 2008, 10:16 PM

Post #10 of 49 (6993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to the East Lancs site on soccerweekend.com, Kelbrook have folded, so it looks like you can chalk off any East Lancs representation for this season. That makes me glad I went there early last season, when Langho put 10 past them Wink

Whats surprising is the total lack of sides from the Wakefield league. Maybe they enter the Challenge Trophy instead.

I've also seen Ingleton from the North Lancs league in the challenge cup and several Spen Valley sides over the years (although none recently). I'm sure I've also seen Bradford red triangle sides in it as well, but they are definitely confined to the Challenge Trophy now.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Sep 23, 2008, 1:01 PM

Post #11 of 49 (6971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I can count at least eleven different leagues that are represented in this cup.
West Yorkshire, Halifax, Harrogate, Yorkshire Old Boys, West Lancashire, Central Midlands, West Riding County Amateur, East Lancashire, Huddersfield, Craven, Manchester, (Leeds Red Triangle?).
This all defaults back to the pre-1974 boundaries of the late lamented West Riding of Yorkshire.
Can any other county cup competition match that range of leagues?

Lets not forget all of the step 6 (and above) reserve sides that have been allowed in this season as well.

As I don't normally watch reserve sides, I'm not sure what leagues they play in, although I believe the Lancashire League accounts for quite a few.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Sep 24, 2008, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #12 of 49 (6940 views)
Shortcut

Indeed most of the NCEL/UniBond Reserve sides do play in the Lancashire Football League. I'm not too sure about Tadcaster but think they may be in the Selby or York League.

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

zebedee
First Team Star

Sep 24, 2008, 3:29 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #13 of 49 (6927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Of the sides marked as reserves the following are members of the Lancashire League -
Farsley, Wakefield, Harrogate T, Ossett T, Ossett A, Pontefract, Thackley

The remaining two are Liversedge, who play in Division Two of the West Riding League, and Tadcaster, who play in the First Division of the York League.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Sep 24, 2008, 6:12 PM

Post #14 of 49 (6907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Liversedge are actually 'Liversedge U-19s'.

There's also Silsden 2004, who are actually Silsden reserves, who play in div 1 (2nd tier) of the Harrogate League.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Sep 25, 2008, 8:09 AM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #15 of 49 (6888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A little bit of extra info too, Ponte's match has been moved to Tuesday 30th September, 7.45 kick off I think though may be earlier - not too sure Crazy

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Sep 25, 2008, 2:46 PM

Post #16 of 49 (6864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] West Riding County Challenge Cup Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A little bit of extra info too, Ponte's match has been moved to Tuesday 30th September, 7.45 kick off I think though may be earlier - not too sure Crazy

Thanks for that. I was wondering if any of the reserve sides who had been drawn at home would move the game to midweek.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 7, 2008, 11:57 AM

Post #17 of 49 (6702 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I see Ovendon thumped Ponte Reserves by 5 goals to nil !! Ovendon are going well in the County Am, so perhaps the result is not so surprising.

My original choice - Oakworth v Campion - ended up in a 10-0 win for Campion, so I'm glad I didn't bother with that.

The draw for the next round should be available on Wednesday evening.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Oct 8, 2008, 9:58 PM

Post #18 of 49 (6642 views)
Shortcut

2nd Round draw - ties to be played on Saturday 1st November

(Withdrawn) Bowling Green 2005 v Beeston St Anthony - Looks like Beeston have a bye to the 3rd round.

Carlton Athletic v Farsley Celtic (Res)
East End Park WMC v Ardsley Celtic
Featherstone Colliery v Halifax Irish Club
Albion Sports v Amaranth OB
Britannia Sports v Ovenden West Riding
Ilkley Town v Tyersal
Long Lee v Keighley Shamrocks
Howden Clough v Grassington United
Lower Hopton v Pool AFC
Stanningley OB v Brighouse Town
Skipton Town v Campion
Stump Cross v Meltham Athletic
Ossett Albion (Res) v Ripon City
Ealandians v Leeds City
Wibsey v Ryburn United
Littletown v Salts
Dudley Hill Rangers v Old Headingley
Springhead v Gildersome Spurs OB
Aberford Albion v Stainland United
Kellingley Welfare v Harrogate Town (Res)
Pannal Sports v FC Headingley
Robin Hood Athletic v Bardsey
Golcar United v Heckmondwike Town
Alwoodley v Skipton LMS
Whitkirk Wanderers v Steeton
Oxenhope Recreation v Wetherby Athletic
Bay Athletic v Burley Trojans
Storthes Hall v Wakefield (Res)
Bronte Wanderers v Old Rovers
Ossett Common Rovers v Knaresborough Town
Halifax Irish Centre v Leeds University OB

(This post was edited by Yorks Amateur on Oct 8, 2008, 10:05 PM)

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Nov 4, 2008, 1:28 PM

Post #19 of 49 (6434 views)
Shortcut

Here are the 2nd round results from Saturday:

(Withdrawn) Bowling Green 2005 Beeston St Anthony

Carlton Athletic 3 Farsley Celtic (Res) 4

East End Park WMC 2 Ardsley Celtic 0

Featherstone Colliery 2 Halifax Irish Club 1

Albion Sports 3 Amaranth OB 1

Britannia Sports 0 Ovenden West Riding 4

Ilkley Town 2 Tyersal 2 Tyersal won 2-3 on penalties

Long Lee 2 Keighley Shamrocks 3

Howden Clough 4 Grassington United 5

Lower Hopton 0 Pool AFC 1

Stanningley OB 1 Brighouse Town 4

Skipton Town 0 Campion 6

Stump Cross 0 Meltham Athletic 14

Ossett Albion 0 Ripon City 4

Ealandians 4 Leeds City 5

Wibsey 3 Ryburn United 1

Littletown 2 Salts 1

Dudley Hill Rangers 0 Old Headingley 1

Springhead 3 Gildersome Spurs OB 0

Aberford Albion 6 Stainland United 2

Kellingley Welfare 4 Harrogate Town (Res) 0

Pannal Sports 0 FC Headingley 4

Robin Hood Athletic 5 Bardsey 2

Golcar United 5 Heckmondwike Town 0

Alwoodley 3 Skipton LMS 1

Whitkirk Wanderers 0 Steeton 1

Oxenhope Recreation 2 Wetherby Athletic 2 Wetherby won 11-10 on penalties

Bay Athletic 8 Burley Trojans 1

Storthes Hall 6 Wakefield (Res) 1

Bronte Wanderers 3 Old Rovers 4

Ossett Common Rovers 0 Knaresborough Town 2

Halifax Irish Centre 1 Leeds University OB 7

Two rounds in and I've got a choice of 7 new clubs from the 32 remaining, most of which are members of the Yorkshire Old Boys League !!!

The 3rd round draw should be available tomorrow evening.

noprogs
First Team Star

Nov 4, 2008, 6:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #20 of 49 (6415 views)
Shortcut

Interesting to note the demise of most of the reserve sides, yet the one who won, Farsley, beat Carlton who are traditionally one of the stronger sides.
No offence, but I hope Farsley don't progress.(OK I know Brighouse are to all intents a reserve side as well).
I think I'm down to five, like you most of which are from the old boys leagur

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Nov 4, 2008, 7:36 PM

Post #21 of 49 (6409 views)
Shortcut

I was also surprised by the Farsley result, although it does spare us an end of season Carlton 'boreathon' at Woodlesford!!! I can see it now, all the local hopping fraternity enduring another 0-0 AET and bloody freezing to death in the process!!

I'm hoping that Albion Sports or Leeds City will be at home, thus avoiding the need to tick off a YOBL side. Having said that, Gildersome Spurs did give Tyersal a game a couple of seasons back.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2008, 8:44 PM

Post #22 of 49 (6357 views)
Shortcut

THIRD ROUND - DEC 6TH - THE 2 reserve teams will meet each other !

1 Old Rovers v East End Park WMC
2 Keighley Shamrocks v Robin Hood Athletic
3 Leeds University OB v Ripon City
4 Albion Sports v Meltham Athletic
5 Alwoodley v Wetherby Athletic
6 Golcar United v Storthes Hall
7 Steeton v Springhead
8 Bay Athletic v Littletown
9 Beeston St Anthony v Aberford Albion
10 Ovenden West Riding v Knaresborough Town
11 Campion v Featherstone Colliery
12 Old Headingley v FC Headingley
13 Kellingley Welfare v Wibsey
14 Brighouse Town v Farsley Celtic (Res)
15 Grassington United v Leeds City
16 Tyersal v Pool AFC

(This post was edited by robgrillo on Nov 5, 2008, 8:46 PM)

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Nov 5, 2008, 10:14 PM

Post #23 of 49 (6346 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
THIRD ROUND - DEC 6TH - THE 2 reserve teams will meet each other !

1 Old Rovers v East End Park WMC
2 Keighley Shamrocks v Robin Hood Athletic
3 Leeds University OB v Ripon City
4 Albion Sports v Meltham Athletic
5 Alwoodley v Wetherby Athletic
6 Golcar United v Storthes Hall
7 Steeton v Springhead
8 Bay Athletic v Littletown
9 Beeston St Anthony v Aberford Albion
10 Ovenden West Riding v Knaresborough Town
11 Campion v Featherstone Colliery
12 Old Headingley v FC Headingley
13 Kellingley Welfare v Wibsey
14 Brighouse Town v Farsley Celtic (Res)
15 Grassington United v Leeds City
16 Tyersal v Pool AFC

Tie 4 is probably the stand out game for me. As its over 20 years since I've seen a game at Myra Shay, I'm long overdue a revisit. Should be a decent match up, as Albion have a 100% record in Division One and are making noises about playing in the Northern Premier League!!!! Rumours persist locally that they are paying players as well.

Alwoodley v Wetherby and the all Headingley clash of tie 12 would be interesting as well.

robgrillo
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2008, 10:38 PM

Post #24 of 49 (6339 views)
Shortcut

Steeton v Springhead is the one for me.
Steeton had an excellent away win at West Yorkshire league leaders Whitkirk Wanderers in the last round. They face high flying Manchester League outfit Springhead at their gorgeous Doris Wells Memorial Field.
And Steeton do a fantastic programme too !

The Yorkshire Old Boys league is certainly doing well this year !

(This post was edited by robgrillo on Nov 5, 2008, 10:39 PM)

noprogs
First Team Star

Nov 5, 2008, 10:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 49 (6332 views)
Shortcut

Surprisingly for the last 32, I have a choice of four of the five I need, matches 1 3 4 & 5.
Agree Albion is a good tie, with Meltham scoring 14 in the last round, but they are a team I'm likely to see more often, so some thought is necessary.
I was expecting a choice of two at best by now.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3