Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FA Competitons Bulletin & Cutting Costs

Gonch
Ballboy/girl

May 22, 2008, 9:59 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4617 views)
Shortcut
FA Competitons Bulletin & Cutting Costs Can't Post or Reply Privately

Today we received the final FA Competitions Bulletin of the season which explains that after 20 years of production is now being scrapped.

I've always found this to be of great help and a vital source of information but next season will have to spend ages trying to find where it is on the FA.com??

The Competitions hand book is also being scrapped as are the 'packs of forms' which include team sheets, match arrangement forms, statement of accounts forms, match report forms etc...

All of this and more is going to be avaialble to download on the FA website.

All well and good in this world of technology and downloads but isn't this going to put even greater strain on to the clubs with printing all of this paperwork off?? As far as I know there hasn't been a reduction in the entry fees and in previous years we have been supplied this so how can the FA justify putting extra responsibility and expense onto the clubs? Where will the money saved be utilised?

Maybe things will be made easier but had better budget more for printer paper and cartridges next season!!!

SuperKev!
First Team Star

May 23, 2008, 8:43 AM

Post #2 of 5 (4550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gonch] FA Competitons Bulletin & Cutting Costs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Today we received the final FA Competitions Bulletin of the season which explains that after 20 years of production is now being scrapped.

I've always found this to be of great help and a vital source of information but next season will have to spend ages trying to find where it is on the FA.com??

The Competitions hand book is also being scrapped as are the 'packs of forms' which include team sheets, match arrangement forms, statement of accounts forms, match report forms etc...

All of this and more is going to be avaialble to download on the FA website.

All well and good in this world of technology and downloads but isn't this going to put even greater strain on to the clubs with printing all of this paperwork off?? As far as I know there hasn't been a reduction in the entry fees and in previous years we have been supplied this so how can the FA justify putting extra responsibility and expense onto the clubs? Where will the money saved be utilised?

Maybe things will be made easier but had better budget more for printer paper and cartridges next season!!!

The Competitions Bulletin is quite easy to find on the FA website. Go to the "FA Cup" page and click on the "Competitions Bulletin Download Here" tab.

The online version is just as good (and more accurate as it is upfdated daily during the season) as the paper one for results, forthcoming matches, attendances, etc. but it doesn't cover the other bits of information (international calendar, cup final referee appointments, etc.) but if you can live without that sort of thing it's fine. Only drawback is that it isn't updated some days (presumably when Steve Clark is on holiday?).

As for downloading forms, the FA gave me a password to do this several seasons ago (apparently, club Secretaries/Chairmen only got one if they asked for it and i only found out about the service by chance - not sure what all the secrecy was about) and I found it a great help. You could download the necessary form, complete it on your computer and only needed to print it off if it needed a signature before being sent back, otherwise you could just e-mail it through to them. I'm sure they will accept an e-signature on several of their documents anyway, but probably best to check with the FA first.

Darren Lovell
First Team Star

May 23, 2008, 10:15 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #3 of 5 (4532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] FA Competitons Bulletin & Cutting Costs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm sure they will accept an e-signature on several of their documents anyway, but probably best to check with the FA first.

E-signatures are definitely accepted at the FA.

All competition rules etc and forms for next season can be accessed vis download. Printing costs for match forms will surely only become an issue if a team goes on a pretty decent cup run!

Grounds Visited 315
Last New Ground:Millwall Training Ground
Last Game:Crystal Palace U23 1-5 Middlesbrough U23
Premier League Cup 02.12.19
Games In Season 2019-20: 39
New Grounds This Season: 3
Goals This Season: 122
Ave goals per game: 3.13

Gonch
Ballboy/girl

May 23, 2008, 11:17 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Darren Lovell] FA Competitons Bulletin & Cutting Costs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nice one. Thanks for the info.

I just had visions of printing reems and reems of paperwork off but I suppose things should be made easier wherever possible and if that is to download everything then so be it.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 14, 2008, 7:46 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 5 (3515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gonch] FA Competitons Bulletin & Cutting Costs [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having received paper bulletins from the FA until a few years ago, and now having to rely on the on-line ones - I find this no problem at all.
And naturally, it seems straight forward that I do not have the password to download forms that I have no business with. Imagine if a group of Premier fans got hold of this for an disputed result and the FA got inundated with spurious forms.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3