Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
Euro 2020 Qualifying

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

leohoenig
Administrator

Mar 14, 2019, 12:06 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #26 of 65 (4119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Meanwhile, as a good example of getting the excuses in early, Southgate has blamed any failings in the Nations League finals on club successes in the Champions League

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

007Dale
First Team Star

Mar 21, 2019, 5:32 PM

Post #27 of 65 (3868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oh dear Scotland. Thrashed by Kazakhstan.

Looks like they are already relying on that playoff spot...

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 21, 2019, 7:24 PM

Post #28 of 65 (3824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Scotland were awful but San Marino's performance against Cyprus must be one of the the worst by a European nation. San Marino play Scotland on Sunday.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

leohoenig
Administrator

Mar 21, 2019, 11:33 PM

Post #29 of 65 (3769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Liked this tweet

https://twitter.com/.../1108777433736503298

Fat AND Pompous.

007Dale
First Team Star

Mar 22, 2019, 9:21 PM

Post #30 of 65 (3649 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Really surprised at how poor Czech Republic are tonight. England look solid enough but opponents are awful.

I even think the Czech’s might struggle against Kazakhstan.

One positive for the Scots though, they are guaranteed representation at Euro 2020 - Hampden Park is being used in the finals.

hawkwind
First Team Star

Mar 31, 2019, 2:20 PM

Post #31 of 65 (3348 views)
Shortcut

Largely meaningless after MD2 nevertheless this is how qualification for the finals currently stands.

Group A: #%England and Bulgaria
Group B: %Ukraine and Luxembourg
Group C: Northern Ireland and #Germany
Group D: #Ireland and %Switzerland
Group E: Slovakia and Wales
Group F: #Spain and %Sweden
Group G: Poland and Israel
Group H: France and Turkey
Group I: Belgium and #Russia
Group J: #Italy and Greece
'League D' Play-Off: %Georgia v %Belarus, %North Macedonia v %Kosovo
'League C' Play-Off: #%Scotland v %Finland, %Norway v %Serbia
'League B' Play-Off: %Bosnia & Herzegovina v Czech Republic, #%Denmark v Austria
'League A' Play-Off: %Portugal v Iceland, #%Netherlands v Croatia

NQ include #Azerbaijan, #Hungary, #Romania
# = host nation % = guaranteed at least play-off

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

May 1, 2019, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #32 of 65 (3060 views)
Shortcut

I have just received an email from the England Supporter's Club stating 'The Three Lions will be on the road again for their home qualifier against Kosovo'. Having struggled with this concept for a few moments I twigged that they meant it isn't going to be played at Wembley. It really is astonishing how London-centric some organisations are.

In Reply To
Surely it's more Wembley-centric, as every home qualifier since it re-opened has been played at Wembley Stadium.

I assume they'll play in the north, and maybe go for Anfield or SJP.

By north could you mean North London since Tottenham's ground should (I'm sticking my neck out here) be open by the time England play Kosovo

I think it's also fair to say that Tottenham will owe the FA a favour!

Does Goodison have the required grading for UEFA games played at international level?

Seems to be a rumour going round about Goodison Park hosting it. No idea if it's true.

@ Southampton.

(This post was edited by Whiskey Coates on May 1, 2019, 6:32 PM)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 15, 2019, 2:32 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #33 of 65 (2522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Belgians can start looking at Russian visas. The top 6 group winners look like being Italy, belgium, Ukraine, England, Netherlands (or possibly Germany) and Spain. Four of those are hosts and Ukraine are barred from playing in Russia, so it would have to be Belgium, unless England blow up big time now. If Netherlands draw a game, Germany would displace them - whoever is 2nd in that group will have Ukraine as visitors.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

007Dale
First Team Star

Oct 15, 2019, 8:31 AM

Post #34 of 65 (2480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having trouble figuring out the Nations League implications on the qualifying, but if tables finish as they stand at the minute:

Group A Playoff:
Switzerland
Iceland
Northern Ireland (from Group B)
Israel (from Group C)

Group B playoff:
Sweden
Wales
Bosnia
Slovakia

Group C Playoff:
Scotland
Norway
Serbia
Bulgaria

Group D playoff;
Kosovo
North Macedonia
Belarus
Georgia

Is this even close to being the correct interpretation?

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 15, 2019, 9:28 AM

Post #35 of 65 (2447 views)
Shortcut

Wiki actually does it quite well, and with more matches tonight, it would be better to revisit this tomorrow

The rule is to count backwards
So Division D play-offs
Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus

Division C
Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Bulgaria. The Bulgarians replacing group winner Finland if they qualify directly

Division B
Bosnia, Wales, Slovakia, Northern Ireland - these being all four division B teams not in a position to qualify directly

Division A
Switzerland, Iceland, Israel and Romania - the first two being division A teams without direct qualification, and latter two being the next two in line in Division C

I based this on the rules stated before the competition started. It now appears UEFA wish to make a draw between the non-group winners to see who goes into which path - which would mean a draw between Israel,
Romania and Bulgaria with two entering the Division A path.

Georgia and Scotland, having top rank in the own divisions will be at home in the semi-finals. The home team for the final match will be drawn, (i.e. winner of SF1 or SF2)

Oftenscore may have been right if when posting, Romania were ahead of Sweden in their group

Fat AND Pompous.

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Oct 15, 2019, 9:30 AM)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 15, 2019, 2:23 PM

Post #36 of 65 (2322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think your lineup is correct, Leo. I have a feeling Romania will be mandated into playoff pot A should they not qualify directly. The reason for that is that both Scotland and Romania are hosts, so the playoff pot C winners must be placed in the group where the hosting is. As Scotland are Nations group winners, they cannot be forced up a group, so I'm expecting Romania (as a 2nd placed Nations League side) will be required to move up to where spare places are ie. pot A. That will mean playoff pot A is pre-drawn into the Nethgerlands/Romania finals group.

There is a chance of re-draw after the playoffs, but I think that's only where England v Scotland or Netherlands v Romania (and the fixture between the 2 others in the group) would be played, if Scotland / Romania qualify. It doesn't look like there's potential to move groups at that stage.

So it looks like only 11 teams of the 24 will be drawing their places on Nov 30. The third pot will currently contain France and Portugal, which could make a tough group for someone - not Belgium/Russia/Denmark though, they will only add a playoff or low runner up.

Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
On the agenda:

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 16, 2019, 12:14 AM

Post #37 of 65 (2181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ireland's defeat now means they will very likely have to beat Denmark to qualify. Faiing to do that will put them in the playoffs. I expect that means one of the pot B playoff teams other than Bosnia will move to pot A. Ireland being a host location would I think mean they would stay in pot B.

I missed one scenario where Belgium don't play in Russia in Euro 2020 - they could actually lose the group if they lose to Russia by 3 goals next up, so Russia top that group. Ukraine would still play in Germany or Netherlands.

On the agenda:

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 16, 2019, 2:28 PM

Post #38 of 65 (2071 views)
Shortcut

Working it out from here needs some prediction of what could happen

Group A: Kosovo have still to play both Czech (away) and England (home) and need to get something from the first of these to qualify directly. I do not think they'll make it and expect the 1-2 to be England/Czech. Kosovo have excelled in the Nations League and this, and must be a good bet for the play-off place

Group B: Ukraine are group winners and although Serbia have two home games to play, I do not see a Portuguese slip up on the cards, so Ukraine/Portugal

Group C: Like Kosovo, Northern Ireland have to play both the teams above them, and as in Group A, I do not see them in making up the gap. There could be a switchover in the positions based on the Netherlands not taking all the points in Belfast, so I would suggets Germany/Netherlands

Group D: Before the Republic of Ireland play their final game, they can expect both Denmark (Gibraltar - H) and Switzerland (Georgia - H) to go above them. I would also expect Switzerland to win in Gibraltar, meaning the Ireland v Denmark game is for a place in the finals, so this group appears to have three likely outcomes, Denmark/Switzerland, Switerland/Denmark or Switzerland/Ireland. It means that one host, (Denmark or Ireland) is going to appear in the Division 2 play-off

Group E: Welsh hopes are still alive, should Croatia beat Slovakia while the Welsh win in Azerbaijan, then the Wales v Hungary game is for a place in the finals, with the probability that a draw does neither any good (as it allows Slovakia to come through the gap). A draw in the Croatia game does not change the scenario much. This feels to me like Croatia to win, but perm any one from three for second place. Wales and Slovakia both come from League B, while Hungary is League C and a host.

Group F: Spain to win, either Sweden or Romania to be second place. Sweden visit Romania in their first fixture, but then face Faroes (H) while Romania go to Spain. I therefore feel Sweden are likely to finish second, even if they lose the first game. Romania are League C and a host

Group G: Poland/Austria - don't see this changing

Group H: Turkey/France - Iceland need to win in Turkey which I don't expect.

Group I: Belgium/Russia - both qualified. Russia can go top with a 2-0 win over Belgium

Group J: Italy/Finland - the Italians have qualified in top place, Finland only need a home win over Liechtenstein to join them

---------------------
I think from my prediction, all League A sides except Iceland end up qualifying directly, so Iceland will face three others.

Swiss Qualification adds another League B team to the play-offs, and this team will be a host, (either Denmark or Ireland)

If Wales or Slovakia takes the place that Hungary currently holds, then it reduced the League B teams in the play-offs by one, but adds one host team into the equations.

Of course, if Romania were to finish ahead of Sweden, it adds a League B team and removes a League C host (and while I have forecast against that, I have a poor record in forecasts).

So my prediction is that the play-off paths will end up as

League A: Iceland + 3 others
League B: Bosnia, Wales or Slovakia, Denmark or Ireland, Northern Ireland
League C: Scotland, Norway, Serbia + 1 other
League D: Georgia, N. Macedonia, Kosovo and Belarus.

The four others would then be Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary and Romania.
In this case, one of the play-off sections woul have two host nations in it, either League A (both Hungary and Romania) or League C (Scotland and either Hungary or Romania).

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 15, 2019, 11:21 AM

Post #39 of 65 (644 views)
Shortcut

After the first of six days of Euro shenanigans

Group A: The 1-2-3 is confirmed with England (group winners) and Czech Republic in the finals. Kosovo will finish third and take the already guaranteed play-off place. Bulgaria are below Montenegro thanks to the away goal in the two draws between the pair. This will swop around if Bulgaria take a point (or more) against the Czechs on Sunday. The Bulgarians are plausible candidates to pick up a play-off place.

Group B: No change, Group winners Ukraine did not play while Portugal and Serbia both won their games. Hence Portugal need to win again (Luxembourg, away) to guarantee second place, unless the Serbs fail to beat Ukraine. Lithuania will finish last while Luxembourg are looking to other unlikely results to sneak them into the play-offs.

Group H: A win for France, following a scoreless draw between Turkey and Iceland is enough to ensure that France and Turkey are in the finals. Either team could finish top, but France lead by two points. Turkey have the head to head advantage. Third placed Iceland can expect a place in the play-offs while the other trio cannot qualify. Albania are fourth (with potential to finish third), Moldova are bottom, a point behind Andorra, but this can change on the last day.

Today in Group D, the Republic of Ireland have a day off and expect to drop from first to third place with Denmark and Switzerland both at home, Ireland v Denmark then becomes the critical game. IN Group F, Spain should confirm their position as group winners (they have already qualified), with the big game being Romania v Sweden. Finally in Group J, Finland are expected to beat Liechtenstein and hence confirm second place behind Italy

Fat AND Pompous.

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Nov 15, 2019, 11:21 AM)

hawkwind
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 5:53 PM

Post #40 of 65 (571 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ireland's defeat now means they will very likely have to beat Denmark to qualify. Faiing to do that will put them in the playoffs. I expect that means one of the pot B playoff teams other than Bosnia will move to pot A. Ireland being a host location would I think mean they would stay in pot B.

I missed one scenario where Belgium don't play in Russia in Euro 2020 - they could actually lose the group if they lose to Russia by 3 goals next up, so Russia top that group. Ukraine would still play in Germany or Netherlands.

One other scenario is Ukraine not finishing amongst the six best group winners which is still a possibility if France win their last group game and Ukraine lose theirs.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2019, 8:14 PM

Post #41 of 65 (542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] Euro 2020 Qualifying [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Congratulations to Finland on reaching their first ever major finals

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 16, 2019, 8:54 AM

Post #42 of 65 (492 views)
Shortcut

Indeed, well done to Finland, and good luck to them for the finals.

The Friday group games were a case of "nothing to see here", with every result being predictable (in direction, if not in scale).

Group D will be down to the final games. Switzerland are not officially through because of the possibility they lose in Gibraltar and Ireland win leaving three teams on 15 points, all taking 5 points from the triangle of matches

Georgia in fourth place, and whoever finishes third go to the play offs

Group F results confirm Sweden join their neighbours in the finals. Norway, currently fourth are guaranteed a play off place while Romania, in third hope for one. Norway are liable to take third place in the final games, but this does not affect the play-off tables

In Group F, Finland as mentioned qualify following a win over Liechtenstein, their sixth win in nine games. Italy had already confirmed winning the group. Bosnia drop to fifth but have their play off place confirmed. Greece can still get a place, but this must be unlikely. It is better to look at the combined tables after today's games

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 17, 2019, 10:16 AM

Post #43 of 65 (427 views)
Shortcut

Four more teams confirmed for the finals. Germany and the Netherlands from Group C, Croatia from Group E and Austria from Group G

Germany were always expected to beat Georgia in Moechengladbach, so it the groups question was whether or not Northern Ireland could take the points at Windsor Park. With no goals there, the Irishmen are left in third place and along wth Belarus face the play-offs. To be sure of winning the group, Germany need to beat Northern Ireland in Frankfurt

Group E will retain interest to the last day. Croatia came from behind in Rijeka to take the group title. They have now completed their 8 game schedule. Behind them, we have Hungary (12 points), Wales (11) and Slovakia (10), all assured of a play-off as consulation if they miss the cut. It is well and truly in Welsh hands, as they meet Hungary at the Cardiff City Stadium. Either side can take second place by winning the match. Slovakia, however have beaten Hungary home and away and have the relatively easy clash at home to Azerbaijan. Hence a draw in Cardiff is literally, no good to either team!

In Group G, Austria beat North Macedonia to take second place, with the rest left in their wake. Slovenia beat Latvia, but this will not help them as it is North Macedonia (currently fourth) and Israel (5th) who go into the play-offs. Zahavi did not add to his 11 goals as Israel went down to group winners Poland in Jerusalem, and is currently tied with Harry Kane as leading goalscorer.

Finally in group I, a stunning result for Belgium in St. Petersburg. The score at half time was Thorgan 1-2 Eden. I hope that the Belgium king has the right to award the title "Duke", as surely there could be no better title for the pair should Belgium go on to win the finals. (And I thought I would get this in before hearing it from multiple TV commentators). Scotland scored a good win in Cyprus but still need a point (home to Kazakhstan) to confirm third place.

And so the play-off table.

Iceland are the only one of the League A dozen who have failed to qualify, Portugal and Switzerland both need to confirm on the last day, (which I expect them to do). Should either fail, they will be in the play-offs with a higher seed than Iceland.

Whatever happens, Bosnia are the seeded team in the League B play-off. Assuming Switzerland qualify directly, then Bosnia must be joined by either the Republic of Ireland or Denmark. If Hungary get second place in the group, then Wales and Slovakia make up the League B play-off quartet. Otherwise it will be one of these only. Northern Ireland will be in the play-offs, but if the League B quartet has been filled, they will play against in the League A path (which would then be Iceland, themselves and two extras from League C). It was my original understanding that it has to be Northern Ireland, but later UEFA ramblings suggest that any League B team except Bosnia, and if they drop to the play-offs, Denmark could be in the draw.

Scotland and Norway are the top two seeds in the League C play-off - this is important as the matches are single leg, so they get home status in the semi-final. The home team for the final is by draw.

The others, waiting for confirmation are Serbia (if they do not qualify direct), Hungary (same applies), with Bulgaria, Israel and Romania, play-off certainties. As I understand it, should Serbia end in the play-offs, they will be away to Norway. Scotland must play against one of the other League C teams.

Finally, the League D play-off semi-finals are
Georgia v Belarus
North Macedonia v Kosovo.

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 18, 2019, 8:47 AM

Post #44 of 65 (339 views)
Shortcut

We are now reaching the end-game with three groups finishing their games yesterday. 18 matches in the next two days completes the picture for a still murky draw on Friday. A further compex draw decides the finals groups a week later. [They can be done together, but they need to be milked for maximum publicity]

No one should be surprised that two goals in Luxembourg (one for Ronaldo), pushed Portugal over the line and into the finals. Serbia rew with Ukraine in the other game.

England, already qualified, put four past Kosovo, easily taking the game in the later stages. Bulgaria beat the Czech Republic and then later there were away wins for Iceland, Turkey and France to leave their group relatively unchanged.

We now know the names of 17 of the 20 direct qualifiers and 13 of the 16 teams in the play-offs. We also know which six teams will fill those last six slots. So attention will be drawn to a single group on each of the next two days

Today's big games are Republic or Ireland v Denmark and Gibraltar v Switzerland. Two out of Switzerland, Ireland and Denmark will make it to the finals, while one will be in the play-off

On Tuesday, the big games are Wales v Hungary, Slovakia v Azerbaijan. Wales, Hungary and Slovakia are fighting for one place in the finals, with two play-off places as consolation

I suspect those working through the options are hoping that Hungary becomes a direct qualifyer, with one or both of Ireland and Denmark. This would allow them to draw all the hosts with play-off matches into different streams and hence to fix their positions in the finals draw.

If this does not happen, I think they will say that two potential hosts will be in the "League C" stream. This would be Scotland and either Romania or Hungary. The winner of this stream would play two games in a fixed city (probably Glasgow) unless the other host makes it through. In that case, it would be the winner of the "League D" stream that goes to Glasgow with that team otherwise heading to the other host.

Azerbaijan are the only host nation where the home team has been elminated. England, Netherlands and Italy know they will play three home games in group matches.

Fat AND Pompous.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 19, 2019, 1:11 AM

Post #45 of 65 (240 views)
Shortcut

So a draw in Dublin means Switzerland top, Denmark 2nd and Ireland into playoffs.

Pot 1 of the finals draw will contain Italy, England, Spain, Ukraine, Belgium and one of Germany, Netherlands or France. A Germany win will guarantee them that slot, but a draw would allow Netherlands in - they will need a 3 goal win to be ahead of France in that case. Technically Poland could win by 9 goals and be ahead of France, but that looks too much of a stretch. With Italy, England, Spain and both Germany and Netherlands being hosts and Ukraine not being allowed to be drawn in Russia, the pot 1 draw could be extremely short.

Pot 2 will contain Croatia, Switzerland, almost certainly Poland, Russia and probably 2 of the 3 above. If Netherlands fail to win v Estonia though, Portugal would instead be the 2nd best runner up.

Pot 3 will be Portugal/Netherlands, Austria, Turkey, Sweden, Denmark (host) and currently Czech. Their defeat Sunday night has left them vulnerable to a Hungarian win, but it would have to be a 4 goal victory so looks unlikely.

Wales or Slovakian qualification or a less than 4 goal win for Hungary would see them in pot 4, where they will be joined by Finland and the 4 playoff places.

Hungary slipping up will present UEFA with a problem - 3 unqualified hosts from pot C (and 1 from pot B, Ireland). None of them could be placed in pot D, so 2 of them will have to be in the same playoff group. But since the draw is before the playoffs actually happen, that could mean Hungary, for example being in a playoff group where the winners will not play tournament games in Hungary.... Whilst UEFA have allowed that they may switch the which games are in which city depending on the playoff winners, moving teams between groups will be too late, I believe.

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Nov 19, 2019, 1:13 AM)

hawkwind
First Team Star

Nov 19, 2019, 1:25 AM

Post #46 of 65 (235 views)
Shortcut

The calendar for EURO 2020 states that although the final tournament draw will take place on 1st December there will be an additional final tournament draw if required on 1st April (seriously) after the play-offs.

Perhaps they'll leave the entire drawing of pot 4 until April.

(This post was edited by hawkwind on Nov 19, 2019, 1:26 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 19, 2019, 8:21 AM

Post #47 of 65 (212 views)
Shortcut

I believe the current plan, should more one host be in a single play-off section is
1) To choose one of the pair, and use their venue for the winners of the group unless it is the other host
2) To select the winner of another (which means League D) play-off section to play at the other host's home
3) To switch them around after the play-offs, if and only if the second host wins their play-off

This means that all 20 of the qualified teams (after tomorrow) will know where they are playing (for group games) after next week's draw, as will those in three play-off streams, leaving an either/or situation for the final stream.

Fat AND Pompous.

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 19, 2019, 8:35 AM

Post #48 of 65 (205 views)
Shortcut

UEFA have made it about as complicated as they possibly can.

My interpretation of what we know about the tournament next year (assuming Wales beat Hungary):

Group A (Rome & Baku)
1. Italy

Group B (Copenhagen & St Petersburg)
1. Denmark
2. Russia

Group C (Amsterdam & Bucharest)
1. Holland
2. (Romania if they win group A playoff).

Group D (London & Glasgow)
1. England
2. PO C: Scotland, Norway, Serbia or 1 of Israel / Bulgaria

Group E (Bilbao & Dublin)
1. Spain
2. PO B: Rep of Ireland, Slovakia, N Ireland or Bosnia

Group F (Munich or Budapest)
1. Germany
2. PO A (Iceland, Hungary, or 1 of Israel / Bulgaria) but assumed swapped with Group C of Romania if they win the Group A play off.

I can’t be sure, but does it state they will keep Romania / Hungary out of the Group C playoff draw? The above assumes so.

(This post was edited by 007Dale on Nov 19, 2019, 8:37 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 19, 2019, 9:22 AM

Post #49 of 65 (196 views)
Shortcut

I am not certain they have excluded either Romania or Hungary from Play off C, but that they will not allow all three hosts to be in one draw (and if Hungary gets direct qualification, then Romania will certainly be in Play Off A).

They will also draw whether Russia or Denmark stages the game between the pair. Ukraine cannot be drawn into that group. Saint Petersburg all stages a quarter-final. I am not sure if they need to work a fiddle to make sure Ukraine do not play in that. They can only play Russia in St. Petersburg if they finish runners-up in Group D or E and Russia is third placed in their group

Look at this for further complexity - how do the fans work it out?

Group A (Rome & Baku). Winners: London then Munchen. Runners Up: Amsterdam then Baku
Group B (Copenhagen & St. Petersburg). Winners: Bilbao & Munchen. Runners-Up: Amsterdam & Baku
Group C (Amsterdam & Bucharest). Winners: Budapest & Baku. Runners-Up: London & Munchen
Group D: (London & Glasgow). Winners: Dublin & Rome. Runners-Up: Copenhagen & St. Petersburg
Group E: (Bilbao & Dublin). Winners: Glasgow & Rome. Runners-Up: Copenhagen & St. Petersburg
Group F: (Budapest & Munchen). Winners: Bucharest & St. Petersburg, Runners-Up: Dublin & Rome.

Third Places teams:
ABC - Bucharest & St. Petersburg
ADEF: Bilbao & Munchen
ABCD: Glasgow & Rome
DEF: Budapest & Baku.

This tournament will be sponsored by Greta Thunberg

Fat AND Pompous.

dcuk
Junior Team Star

Nov 19, 2019, 10:06 AM

Team(s): Tonbridge Angels, Norwich City

Post #50 of 65 (181 views)
Shortcut

Looks to me as though, unless there are some surprise results in Germany's qualifying group, Belgium will definitely be in Group B, as Ukraine cannot be in the same group as Russia. Denmark are also confirmed for Group B so it's likely that we will know 75% of that group by this time tomorrow.

As Kosovo also can't be in Group B with Russia, and with hosts taking part in all the other three play-off paths, it would then mean a straight draw between Finland and the final automatic qualifier (possibly Wales) to go in that group?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3