Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
FA Vase tie switched

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Nov 11, 2019, 4:40 PM

Post #1 of 8 (3719 views)
Shortcut
FA Vase tie switched Can't Post or

Having twice been postponed, Saltash United's FA Vase tie with Bridgwater Town has now been switched and will be played at Bridgwater this Wednesday ko 7.45pm.
Plenty of cover when it rains again, superb proramme excellent cafe and friendly bar available. If anyone needs a lift to the station after, come and find me at the ground.
Kerry

philglossop
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 11, 2019, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Saltash United

Post #2 of 8 (3477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] FA Vase tie switched [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's a shame. But I'd rather be in the promotion places next April to go into the
Western Premier compared to an FA Vase run, however now watch us win and go on a run on the Vase instead!

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Nov 11, 2019, 9:03 PM

Post #3 of 8 (3257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philglossop] FA Vase tie switched [In reply to] Can't Post or

Why not win both? Plenty have including Taunton and Tiverton down here as you know. I'm not connected to Bridgy but they are my local club so come and say hello.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 11, 2019, 10:26 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #4 of 8 (3111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] FA Vase tie switched [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If only there was an "FA Competitions" board Laugh

mccains
Junior Team Star

Nov 12, 2019, 3:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 8 (2349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [philglossop] FA Vase tie switched [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It's a shame. But I'd rather be in the promotion places next April to go into the
Western Premier compared to an FA Vase run, however now watch us win and go on a run on the Vase instead!

In Reply To
I don't know what the rules are regarding switching ties, but our Vase tie Selby Town v Bridlington Town has been called off for the third time due to a waterlogged pitch.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 12, 2019, 3:20 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 8 (2315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mccains] FA Vase tie switched [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
I don't know what the rules are regarding switching ties, but our Vase tie Selby Town v Bridlington Town has been called off for the third time due to a waterlogged pitch.

Not sure myself but a few years ago I saw Walsall Wood play Wigan Robin Park at Sutton Coldfield because it had been called off three times at Wood.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 13, 2019, 9:37 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #7 of 8 (1798 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home advantage lost as this game will now be played at Bridlington.

Yorkstar
Youth Team Sub

Nov 19, 2019, 1:11 PM

Post #8 of 8 (599 views)
Shortcut

It use to be that if you had 2 attempts to host the fixture before the Away team was allowed to try and become the home team. I don't know if that is still the rule.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3