Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
General Election 2019

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next page Last page  View All

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2019, 7:10 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #576 of 596 (412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

For Labour Party supporters, it will probably end up being another night when they rue the decision to appoint such an abject, appalling leader. Anyone half-decent could have had a serious chance of winning this election.

Corbyn at least has the courage and integrity to face Andrew Neil scrutiny.

When I saw a picture of Johnson sat next to the Queen at a line up of NATO leaders it brought home just how much we've sunk into the gutter.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 7:12 AM

Team(s):

Post #577 of 596 (408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Well said, it is not compulsory to be interviewed on the TV. Most have already made up their minds, possibly from manifestos.

Just how pitiful is your excuse for the Prime Minister running scared of Andrew Neil?

Johnson is a coward, His minders are terrified of him being put under pressure.

It is an insult to the voters that Johnson will not submit himself to scrutiny, but then the Tories have treated the voters with contempt throughout this campaign.

Not being interviewed by Neill is less of on insult to the electorate than Corbyn's position on Brexit or not enacting theresult of the 2016 referendum.

I'm pretty sure the BBC/Labour Party hissy fitting will benefit Boris.

The interview might yet happen but seeing how Corbyn, Swinson and Sturgeon were excoriated I'm guessing having a pointless discussion about how many kids you've got/ affairs you've had and dragging up ancient journalistic scribblings isn't top of his list.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 7:22 AM

Team(s):

Post #578 of 596 (400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

For Labour Party supporters, it will probably end up being another night when they rue the decision to appoint such an abject, appalling leader. Anyone half-decent could have had a serious chance of winning this election.

When I saw a picture of Johnson sat next to the Queen at a line up of NATO leaders it brought home just how much we've sunk into the gutter.

Courage and integrity my arse..........Integrity would be taking a position on Brexit that matches your core beliefs and chasing out the racists in his party.

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 6, 2019, 7:38 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #579 of 596 (394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Courage and integrity my arse..........Integrity would be taking a position on Brexit that matches your core beliefs and chasing out the racists in his party.

I am guessing that is addressed to someone who only made up his mind on Brexit (based on "best for my career path") at the start of the referendum campaign and who has regular shown himself to be a racist.

Clue - I am not referring to Corbyn

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2019, 7:39 AM

Post #580 of 596 (392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

If Johnson chased the racists out of his party he'd be chasing himself.

Let's see if Johnson screws up enough courage to face half an hour of Andrew Neil questioning, or he carries on hiding from him.

As for core beliefs, Johnson's only belief is in Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 8:13 AM

Post #581 of 596 (381 views)
Shortcut

As the name-calling and mud-slinging intensifies from the left, we can be assured they know the game is up....

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2019, 9:00 AM

Post #582 of 596 (360 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
As the name-calling and mud-slinging intensifies from the left, we can be assured they know the game is up....

Back in post 523 I asked if "someone who thinks Johnson is a suitable person to lead the UK Government could list the qualities he has that they feel does make it appropriate to be PM" or is it solely his determination to see through our departure from the EU that makes him a suitable PM?

It was a genuine question. I can see plenty of character flaws that I'd have thought would rule him out from being PM, but precious few why he should. Am I missing something?

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 11:13 AM

Post #583 of 596 (330 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

It was a genuine question. I can see plenty of character flaws that I'd have thought would rule him out from being PM, but precious few why he should. Am I missing something?

Ok then, for what itís worth hereís my two pennies worth;

- Boris is a populist, which means (to me) he identifies things that he thinks people wants and offers it to them. Does he need to believe it himself? No.
- Fundamentally heís ambitious to be PM and a good one. To this end, I believe he will be keen to make things better. I wouldnít want to be his best friend or wife or Dad, because he will stab them in the back to deliver the greater good. Does that matter to me? No, not if we get what the country wants.

An example, everyone said he couldnít get a new deal with the EU. He did. He stabbed the DUP in the back. So what? He delivers what most people wanted.

Is he perfect? certainly not.
Would I trust him as a person? No.
Do I think he will deliver the things I (as a voter) want? Yes.
Do I think he really believes in everything he says? No and I donít care (see question above).

So, when the left throw insults at him, it doesnít cut through, because they believe heíll deliver what they want. Nothing else really matters.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2019, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #584 of 596 (310 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Boris is a populist, which means (to me) he identifies things that he thinks people wants and offers it to them.

Not exactly the quality of leader is it; more of a quality found in someone who wants power for the sake of power. The problem with populist leaders (by your definition) is that they have no long term strategy. They just lurch from one policy / crisis to the next.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 6, 2019, 1:20 PM

Post #585 of 596 (301 views)
Shortcut

Interesting. Thanks for that.

I'm sure he does want to be in charge and a good PM. It reminds me of David Cameron saying he'd wanted to be PM because he thought he"d be rather good at it. I suspect most people now consider that Cameron's confidence in himself was misplaced.

As for how good Johnson will be as PM , who knows. He'll certainly be ruthless enough and not burdened by dogma. However, those who worked with him in his only other top level Government role, at the Foreign Office, didn't seem at all impressed by his performance there.

The deal he's obtained with the EU is one that was always available to Theresa May, if she was prepared to throw the DUP under the bus. The odd thing is that I think Rees-Mogg, the ERG and the Spartans were willing to go along with Johnson's betrayal of the DUP because he was a "Leaver"in 2016, I don't think May as a turncoat "Remainer" would have been given their support if she'd tried the same thing.

It seems Brexit, in the sense of ceasing to be an EU member state as soon as possible, is everything.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 1:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #586 of 596 (291 views)
Shortcut

Boris is prepared to do that which was asked of him by a public vote.

Corbyn, Swinson and Sturgeon are not prepared to do that, saying they know better.....thus are not fit for office.

That's why I will almost certainly vote for BorIs!

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 3:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #587 of 596 (253 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

If Johnson chased the racists out of his party he'd be chasing himself.

Let's see if Johnson screws up enough courage to face half an hour of Andrew Neil questioning, or he carries on hiding from him.

As for core beliefs, Johnson's only belief is in Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

Interesting report on the Sky news channel showing a massive move away from Labour to the Conservatives amongst the UK Asian communities.
Focusing on Policy not personalities it seems Conservative ideals are cutting through mainly thanks to wanting to 'Get Brexit Done'.

It seems the 'letterbox' comments and Labour anti-Semitism does not feature much in their decision making. That's stuff that mostly white folk seem to get excited about.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 9:40 PM

Team(s):

Post #588 of 596 (179 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Boris is a populist, which means (to me) he identifies things that he thinks people wants and offers it to them.

Not exactly the quality of leader is it; more of a quality found in someone who wants power for the sake of power. The problem with populist leaders (by your definition) is that they have no long term strategy. They just lurch from one policy / crisis to the next.

Boris won the Leaders' debate hands down tonight.

Corbyn came across his usual passive aggressive self.
Very angry , humourless man.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 6, 2019, 10:04 PM

Post #589 of 596 (168 views)
Shortcut

Former Tory leader and PM John Major is telling people not to vote Tory

Former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson is telling people to vote Tory

Just let that sink in!

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 6, 2019, 10:34 PM

Team(s):

Post #590 of 596 (153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Former Tory leader and PM John Major is telling people not to vote Tory

Former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson is telling people to vote Tory

Just let that sink in!

Sorry,..........irrelevant !

https://twitter.com/.../1200977717384138753

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 6, 2019, 10:39 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #591 of 596 (150 views)
Shortcut

Have either of them mentioned anything about managing or controlling the national debt which in spite of the years of austerity appears to be out of control........before the money orchards are raided?

Bottom line for me is that we don't pay enough tax in this country to have the services we desire.

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2019, 2:20 AM

Post #592 of 596 (115 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

YouGov snap poll: Boris won 52-48.

northstandexile
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2019, 7:41 AM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #593 of 596 (97 views)
Shortcut

I think you need to look who set up the you gov poll and perhaps understand why there is always a bias to the conservatives in their polls.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 7, 2019, 9:59 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #594 of 596 (76 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

YouGov snap poll: Boris won 52-48[/replt]
Margin of error +/-3%

Johnson somewhere between 49 and 55
Corbyn somewhere between 45 and 51

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2019, 11:58 AM

Team(s):

Post #595 of 596 (52 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

YouGov snap poll: Boris won 52-48.

The perfect result!

Yatesman
First Team Star

Dec 7, 2019, 12:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #596 of 596 (50 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Have either of them mentioned anything about managing or controlling the national debt which in spite of the years of austerity appears to be out of control........before the money orchards are raided?

Bottom line for me is that we don't pay enough tax in this country to have the services we desire.

Govenments always borrow against the future to fund today.

My problem with higher taxes is that I don't trust politicians to spend the money wisely or efficiently.

They aren't morally equipped to look after my money.

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3