Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Sunday 27th October 2019

codofthenorth
First Team Regular

Oct 27, 2019, 1:57 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3826 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 27th October 2019 Can't Post or

Portsmouth Ladies P-P Yeovil Ladies @ PMC Ground (Baffins Milton)

Arrived in good time and had a check of twitter and all was good.Had a short walk on the fore shore and returned to find a couple of old blokes asking if the game was on,as no one had turned up.Checking Twitter again it was a NO,shame on such a lovely day on the South Coast.At least I didnt travel from Weymouth unlike one of the old blokes. May do this ground midweek when the men are due to play.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 27, 2019, 9:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 10 (3126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [codofthenorth] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tromso 4-2 Ranheim 18-00
Norway top div
Adm 15 was the cheapest, but once inside you could sit almost anywhere, no sign of paperwork.
Att, 3002, 10 away fans.
Temperature at start -4, -6 at the end.
This slots into No3 as the coldest temperature where Ive watched a game, Im sure the Hampshire boys still have vivid memories of the -9 at Valenciennes a couple of years ago. But with thermals and numerous layers on top, I could enjoy the game without worrying about the cold. And a very good game it was too. Home side were always the livelier and should have scored more, but Ranheim kept them honest.
Well done to the ref, all the players had long sleeves and gloves, he had no gloves and short sleeves.
Decent enough ground, 8,500 capacity, both sides have decent stands, one end had nothing, the other end has an open stand which I doubt is hardly ever used.
Most sensible people do the Norwegian league in the summer, but me and the missus came here for those pretty things in the sky, and thankfully we got lucky, nothing on the first night, but last night and tonight theres been plenty of action up there.

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Oct 27, 2019, 9:23 PM

Post #3 of 10 (3052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [codofthenorth] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

.....The commencement of Greenwich Mean Time over British Summer Time is temporarily welcomed in these parts as it does give an extra hour to undertake those onerous Sunday domestics but still have time to travel the few miles across Thurrock to view....

Grays Athletic 2 v 2 Dereham Town - Isthmian League Division 1 North
Door Wedge 76 pages 2.00 - Admission 10.00 - Att 201

....And also enjoy the excellent company afforded by Messrs Druryszki, Thompson & Shambles that made a regulation Isthmian afternoon travel that little bit quicker.

Reasonable contest, where anything other than a draw would have not been a fair reflection and although the draw takes the hosts up to second place in the division, the realism is there that it would require a dramatic drop in form from the likes of Maldon & Tiptree and Bury Town for the Play Offs to be avoided.

Dereham were resolute and well organised opposition who employed a mean offside trap that clearly frustrated the likes of George Purcell, Manny Ogunrinde and a group of home stalwarts who were observing thorough Blue coloured lenses. Although a little bias is noticeable when I view the club representing the town where I have resided for the vast majority of the last thirty years, the rationality that has been acquired as seeing the vast majority of matches as a complete neutral, it was easy to see that the linesmen giving the offside decisions were completely correct on each occasion.

Dereham took the lead through a goal that was largely gifted to them with a poor ball out of defence straight to Ryan Logan whose quick pass located Toby Hilliard, who was then afforded a gap in the home defence to exploit. His first shot was parried by Danny Sambridge in the Grays goal but the rebound fell perfectly back at Hilliard's feet and he dispatched the rebound with ease.

Going behind was the prod needed by the hosts to ensure that they were not over reliant on long balls forward that could lead to them being caught offside. Better moves involving Purcell and MacAuley Joynes promised much but the former's effort was weak and straight at Elliot Pride in the home goal and the latter saw his cross almost end up as a freakish oggie as Jake Imrie almost directed his clearance inside his own post. The leveller did duly arrive with a good use of initiative from Purcell who travelled a long way along the eighteen yard line but then located enough space to plant a rare right footed shot wide of Pride. Carlos then broke through a slow reacting defence but Pride was quickly out to block.

Little to distinguish the second half from the first with the two teams evenly matched. After Carlos had sent over a good low cross which required a toe which never arrive from any of the Grays forwards, Dereham had their best period with Logan taking advantage of the only IMH0 dubious offside decision on the left but as with Carlos earlier, he sent over a low cross which simply required a tap in but there was no one on proximity to connect. It was only a matter of minutes before Dereham took the lead when a shot from the edge of the area by Ryan Crisp was deflected into the path of Logan and he angled past Sambridge with a home defence being in particular statuesque mode. Crisp could have sealed the win but struck the side netting, however Grays persistently went forward and with a matter of minutes, Carlos added to his impressive season goal tally having space just inside the eighteen yard box and struck an impressive rising angled drive into the far corner. Correct outcome given the balance between the two teams

Unusually was only out of the abode for barely five hours during the afternoon even taking into account that due to never ending Sunday engineering work. there were no trains off of Grays and were reliant of replacement buses. Outward journey was not the easiest due to the volume of traffic in and around Lakeside. Return journey saw me completely unsure of the times of the 372 service, therefore was delighted to see one due in one minute and a some speedy pacing through the Lakeside shoppers saw the 16.35 replacement bus being boarded along with many others with lots of shopping bags. Indoors at the unlikely time of 1650 to complete those onerous domestic tasks.....

(This post was edited by timmy tabby on Oct 27, 2019, 10:43 PM)

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Oct 27, 2019, 11:47 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #4 of 10 (2837 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cymru Premier League Penybont 2 Cefn Druids 3 Admission 5 (concession) Programme 2 Attendance 147

High above Bridgend on the edge of a former council estate seems a strange place to find a CPL team but this is the home of Penybont, formed in 2013 by the amalgamation of Bridgend Town and Bryntirion Athletic. The club have clearly worked very hard to get the ground up to CPL standard and the result is a quirky and to my eyes very attractive stadium (I think it deserves that sobriquet).There is a modern brick built "ticket office" by which you enter the ground. You pass a very impressive clubhouse on your right as you make your way into the ground but to get to it you have to pass through a portable barrier which is moved for you by a steward. The clubhouse was very busy both before during and after the game and is clearly a hub of the local community. The ground has hard standing on all four sides with a TV gantry straddling the halfway line on the town side of the pitch. The dugouts are either side of this with two identical stands also in place, one on each side of the gantry. These stands provide five rows of seating. Behind the goal and outside the ground is a steep grass bank - a few stingy locals chose to watch from there. The other side of the ground has hard standing around the perimeter with seven steps taking you up to a bigger stand which has four rows and three blocks of seating - like the other stands the seats are all blue. There are four floodlight pylons either side of the 3G pitch which has a distinct slope from side to side.
The game was of far better quality than myself and travelling companion Warwickian expected with Penybont good value for a 2-0 half time lead. However, Cefn were completely transformed in the second half and soon pulled a goal back. When the homesters had a man sent off soon afterwards for two yellows you could almost see the confidence drain away from Penybont who were very susceptible to set pieces throughout the half. An equaliser soon followed with the inevitable winner coming in the 92nd minute. Tremendous entertainment in what turned out to be a surprisingly fractious contest.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 28, 2019, 8:12 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #5 of 10 (2544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Cup Round Two (3.30)
BSC Glasgow v Lochee United, 2-1, H.T. 1-0, Att c.180, Admission 7, Programme 1.50, Stovies 1.50
At Recreation Park, Alloa

The Second Round of the Scottish Cup concluded with a clash between Lowland League BSC and East Junior Champions Lochee United. The match was more one-sided than the final scoreline suggests with BSC dominating pretty much from start to finish. Mackay put them ahead around the half hour mark and Hamilton added a second shortly after half time. A Davie penalty five minutes from the end was all Lochee could muster in reply and it was probably more than they deserved.

Lochee struggled on the huge Recreation Park pitch. Former Scotland defender Garry Kenneth, who makes me look like an athlete, tried to control their defence but he was hopelessly slow and immobile. BSC had more strength and experience in most positions and squandered a few good chances to win more convincingly. They move forward to an away tie with East Fife which could be closer than some people expect.

The East Juniors is a shadow of its former self and Lochee are not even as good as they were last season. The East Junior sides (and many from the West) must be looking at the progress made by some of the clubs who have gone Senior with a few regrets about not having made the move themselves.

For the moment BSC have an advantage in attracting players from the West their squad is made up of players who previously would have bene in the West Juniors Premiership. Speaking with some of them, the route for progression and the more professional organisation is what attracts them to the Seniors in preference to the Juniors. If and when the West Juniors join the Senior ranks they will lose that advantage and I would expect BSC to sink rapidly.

They have stopped issuing programmes this season but produced a one-off for this game. It was an unusual 16 page A6 issue, reminiscent of the things you get free at Bundesliga games. Over-priced at 1.50.

Any visit to Recreation Park brings with it the bonus of the Wasp Pie Stall. It would be possible to have a full four-course meal from this wonderful establishment. I limited myself to a portion of their very excellent stovies.

A crowd of around 150-200 turned out including a fair number from Dundee. The attendance from the East of Scotland enthusiasts was impressive with much gossip and news to be exchanged.

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 28, 2019, 6:39 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 10 (1862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, you may know how it goes. Saturday in my part of France was bright and sunny. Friends coming across from England tell us the weather improved markedly when they were about half way across the channel, on the Newhaven - Dieppe route.

But with people coming over, I could not get to a game on the Saturday, and had to instead go for just one in the week, on the Sunday. For my troubles, I got a cold and miserable day, raining most of the time. I had therefore chosen the closest of the Coupe de France sixth round games at Rouillon, to the North West of Le Mans, and about a 50 minute drive from my abode.

Etoile de la Germiniere Rouillon 0-2 US la Baule le Pouliguen.Admission 5, Attendance ~300

It would not suprise me if the home team do not normally make a charge, but it looks as if the council has helped them out a little with small gazebos having been erected to protect those taking admission and frying up the barbeque (standard French fair, Saucisse, Margreuz and/or Frites). The club also has a small club house, while a larger building sits along most of the line behind one goal, containing dressing rooms, a couple of other rooms used by the club and a sports hall. There is also a second railed off pitch, but it is the primary that has the small stand. The stand can take no more than 200 people and sits centrally along one side. There is some elevation and so it gives good views, even though the team benches are on the same side. By the time I could take a seat, the stand was close to full with the crowds shying away from the end when rain had been blowing in, making the wooden bench seats damp. I watched the first half from here, but then went to get my saucisse and stayed in the open. The rain had not stopped, but at least had relented a bit by then.

The rest of the pitch surrounds were simply grass beyond the fairly standard old concrete rail. No running track, so reasonable views were to be had. Unusually, despite both teams wearing the sponsor provided kits, the home team were not in a single colour but wore white shirts and green shorts. As each team playing two rounds (from the fourth round on) gets two sets of kit, my guess is that Rouillon have one green and one while kit, but needed to wear white shirts so as the two teams played with different sponsor names on their shirts. As a team which normally plays in green, they then went for the green shorts

The match saw a Regional 3 (8th tier) side take on one from a single level higher. Both teams elected to play in 4-2-3-1 and neither were particularly good at it, hence the ball would be pushed up to the forward with little of no support coming to his aid. Most of the time he would be crowded off the ball without being able to find his own player. Still, it was clear that the visitors were slightly better, and they also had the better of the referee - this was especially the case for their wide player Warren Nkoue who appeared to spend most of his time sprawled on the ground after imaginary fouls. The referee awarding a free kick every time allowing the ball to be sent into a busy box, where the defenders always seemed to get the first header.

Rouillon came more into the game as the break approached and fashioned a couple of chances, the best a couple of minutes before half time appeared to depend on two errors by the officials. The player receiving the ball appeared to be offside, (I had moved out of the stand and had chosen a position close to the barbeque which set me in line). However as the flag did not go up, he was also pushed off the ball before the referee ruled it a fair challenge.

La Baule Le Pouliguen were more ambitious in the second half, Loic Beviere switched from being a defensive midfielder to playing further upfield and gave the team a more attacking bent. While Nkoue switch wings and was less effective, Jean Baptiste Perrais was a much better player playing further forward on the left wing than as a full back.

Beviere managed to get the ball in the net, but was ruled offside, and a few supporters started chanting "Allez Rouillon", but eventually the deadlock was broken with 12 minutes to play, the ball coming in from the left to be headed in by Eric da Silva. Within three minutes it was 2-0, and all over. Nkoue had dropped deep and sent Babini Bouyi through clear, only for Alain Akono to mistime his challenge and give away a penalty. To make matters worse for the home side, Akono recieved his second yellow.

Rouillon made their three subsitutions after going 2-0 down, making it appear like a time wasting exercise. Whatever it was, it made little difference.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

pokal02
First Team Star

Oct 30, 2019, 9:14 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #7 of 10 (1315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ordino 1-3 Saint Julia
Andorran top division
No adm/prog Att est 100

25-min walk (or short bus ride) from the centre to this 3G pitch, with a small (200 seat?) covered stand on one side & hardstanding behind one goal. Decent view of the mountains from the stand.

Poor error-strewn game with St Julia scoring from either side's first decent attack on 42 mins. A flurry of goals at the end with a simple header from a corner making it 0-2 on 79. Ordino pulling one back on 84 but conceding again on 88.

All Andorran top division games are usually played back-to-back on a Sunday at this venue. No announcements, notices etc - I had just enough French/Spanish to ascertain who was playing and which team was which. They were running late here - it kicked off about 16:15 - there must have been a hold up in an earlier game - and I saw the late equaliser in the 14:00 game.

Was constrained by a late engagement on Fri otherwise I'd have gone a day earlier and caught FC Andorra's Segunda B game on Sat (in Encamp) which was being played as my bus from Toulouse airport drove past.

dottirofhod

Oct 30, 2019, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #8 of 10 (1292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All Andorran top division games are usually played back-to-back on a Sunday at this venue.

(Ground = FAF 1 = 4 top div games on this occasion you were there , 12-00, 14-00, 16-00 & 18-00 , with a Div 2 at FAF 2 @ 20-00 , adjacent to FAF 1).

Was constrained by a late engagement on Fri otherwise I'd have gone a day earlier and caught FC Andorra's Segunda B game on Sat (in Encamp) which was being played as my bus from Toulouse airport drove past.

(Could have gone as a break in the 5 gamer at 17-00 for a Div 2 game).

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

pokal02
First Team Star

Oct 30, 2019, 9:55 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #9 of 10 (1278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, did think of taking in the 17:00 game @ Encamp but seemed a bit unfair on my other half to be gone from effectively 13:00 to 20:00 as we were only there 2 days.

dottirofhod

Oct 30, 2019, 10:01 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #10 of 10 (1269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Sunday 27th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's where I went wrong !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3