Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 26th October 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

SKY BLUE TAT
Youth Team Regular

Oct 27, 2019, 8:52 PM

Team(s): coventry city ,leicester tigers, coventry bees, leicestershire ccc

Post #51 of 62 (3928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Trophy. 1st Qualifying.
Lowestoft Town v Coalville Town. 2(0)-(3)4.
Admission. £ 11
Programme. £ 2.
Badge . £ 1.50.
Attendance. 264

Whilst staying in lowestoft for a few days. I had a choice of this game or kirkley and pakefield. I haven't visited either. I went for this game as the visitors were from from my county Leicestershire. Both sides are from the same division Southern premier- Central with Coalville sitting in 3rd and lowestoft 3rd from bottom. Mogority of the covering is down one side which was needed due to the light rain throughout most of the game.
Coalville took the lead on 18 minutes thanks to Duggan heading home from a corner. McGurk missed a sitter minutes later from only a few yards out. He made up for the miss by slotting home 2 penalties to give Coalville a 3 nil lead at half time.
Lowestoft turned up in the 2nd half and got a goal back through Linton. Lowestoft were awarded a penalty. Weeks blasted his spot kick high and wide. An awful penalty. He was substituted straight away for his miss. Lowestoft were becoming the better side and poured forward at every opportunity. Forcing a great save out of deeney and them getting a 2nd goal on 79 minutes. As lowestoft looked for the equaliser they were caught on the counter attack and Coalville made it 4 in added time. A game of 2 halves. But a decent cup tie.

Nobody's Heroes
Youth Team Regular

Oct 27, 2019, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, CPD Porthmadog, Ross County

Post #52 of 62 (3766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SKY BLUE TAT] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Premiership

Hibernian 2 Ross County 2

Easter Road, Edinburgh

Admission (away seating) - £23 Programme - £3
Attendance - 15,452

A pre-booked train ticket for an Edinburgh daytrip from Crewe, having travelled to Crewe from north Wales ensured that I braved the weather which on the journey towards Crewe was testing to say the least. Upon arrival at Crewe, a number of southbound trains had already been cancelled due to flooding, but with better weather promised further north, I was made up that my journey was unaffected.

I was greeted with bright sunshine, albeit a very cold day upon arrival at Edinburgh Waverly which was ideal for the one and a half hours or so I had spare before the 20 minute walk towards Easter Road.

There was a nervous tension amongst the home contingent before kick off with Hibs having only won one league all season with a new term of 'Hibs-ing it' being banded about for the times they have lost the lead in a number of games.

I was to witness another bout of 'Hibs-ing it' as the home side, who had looked comfortable with a 2-0 lead, imploded and somehow managed to conceed twice in the last quarter of an hour to draw the game 2-2. It is true to say that the locals were far from happy at the final whistle!

A good point for the Staggies who remain in the top half of the table.

My train back to Crewe was meant to terminate at Birmingham New Street but at Carlisle it was announced that the train was to travel no further then Crewe due to adverse weather conditions and also there would be no buses or taxis laid on for the missing part of the journey although passengers who decided to stay in hotel accomodation in Crewe would be refunded the full cost. This led to panic for many, not sure how it panned out as thankfully I made a sharp exit from Crewe station to the long stay car park and the 2 and a half drive back to north Wales, the roads were better by this time although there were many areas of surface water which had nowhere to drain. Eventually home shortly before 1a.m. after what had been a long and eventful day.

Armchair Libero
Youth Team Sub

Oct 27, 2019, 10:42 PM

Team(s): Wigan Athletic, Atherton Collieries

Post #53 of 62 (3642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nobody's Heroes] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

OBERLIGA RHINELAND-PFALZ/SAAR
Eintracht Trier 3 - 1 Röchling Völklingen
@ Moselstadion, Trier.
att. 1100ish

On tour with my band in France but popped over to Trier in free time to catch a game to get out of everyone's face. Sizeable ground with six-lane running track hosting a pleasant but unanimated fanbase. Trier dominated from the whistle and could have had eight or nine.

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Oct 27, 2019, 11:50 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #54 of 62 (3544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at this one along with lordcleeoftilehill and must congratulate Villan on a very accurate description of both ground and facilities. All I would add is that this is a ground which is unlikely to have games called off because of waterlogging on what is a completely new development - houses, school and football pitch. I just need The 61 FC to complete all three divisions now.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

LeedsPhil
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 28, 2019, 7:49 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #55 of 62 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Junior Cup R2 (4th attempt)
Thorniewood United 2-6 Banks o' Dee
at Carluke (3G)
h/c 31
£6 in. Cuppa tea £1. No paper.

Feeling rough. Have had a barking chest-infection cough for two weeks. Had just been on an 'obligatory' 3-day office team-building trip to the Isle Of Skye, involving hauling my substantial torso up and down hills in the wind and rain on half a lung. Bldy ridiculous. At least we were staying in the Sligachan hotel - the home of the Cuillin Brewery. Only getting back late Friday night after 7 hours on a coach on winding roads, I really ought to have had a day off today. But the lure of a bracketed tick (my fifth different one at Carluke) on a Scotrail Club 50 £17 deal day, meant I was inspired to get oot ma bed at 0530 and on to the first train of the day. From up my way, Carluke can be accessed by train either via Glasgow or via Edinburgh. The lure of the real ale circuit of Edinburgh is too much to resist, hence why up for the very first train of the day, which is an Edinburgh-bound one, depositing me at Waverley at 09:35. Various 'spoons are already open and serving at that hour, and were busy with folks watching the egg-chasing. Amazing how many Kiwis there must be living in Scotland, since everybody bar one or two brave souls from south of the border wearing England shirts cheered the All Blacks' try. Hmmm... From there to be first in the 'queue' (of 1) awaiting the 11am opening of the Guildford Arms' revolving door - I was on the hunt for any leftovers from last week's Autumn Beer Festival list (which indeed there were) needing to be there at the very first opportunity since with very little time on my hands - the Edinburgh to Carluke direct train goes at 11:52.

On a mixed blue sky and heavy rain showers day, sod's law dictated that during the long uphill slog from Carluke station it was chucking it down. No sooner had I got there (where there is cover) than the sun came out again. Typical! No paper to be had, and the kitchen was not really operating - the shutters were down, but a Thorniewood committee man would rustle up a cuppa for a poond if you went into the committee lounge. But there were no pies etc.

Of my headcount of 31, there were a substantial number of committeemen/women of both sides. Very few actual punters. But of those few, two were the guys from Cambuslang who I had got chatting to last Friday night in the Guildford Arms after my night at Edinburgh City (vs today's visitors) and their night at Bonnyrigg v Buckie Thistle. One the Scout for Buckie, the other his mate originally from Bedfordshire. It had chucked it down last Friday, and the Buckie official had had to turn out in his club blazer ...to discover that there is no cover for visiting officials at Bonnyrigg, so he had had a soaking in with the away fans, and so today was sporting an even heavier flu than me! Such that he could only face a local game like this one today, rather than trekking up to Stonehaven to watch his nephew playing for Ellon United (who won). Good to spend today's match chuntering away with these guys.

On paper this should have been an easy away win for the North Junior champions against a bottom division (of 4) West Junior side. And looking at just the final score, you would imagine that so it was. But it wasn't! Straight from the kick-off Thorniewood had a chance that only just went past the post - a wake-up call for the Aberdonians. 10 minutes in, and the visitors scored. Surely the first of many. But Thorniewood equalized on 17. A BoD pen on the half hour was saved, and so at the break they went in level. We predicted a roasting would be happening in the away dressing room. And indeed BoD were more up and at it in the second half. From 1-1 to 1-6 on 55, 60, 67 (by a sub with his first touch), 78 and 80. They were annoyed with themselves for conceding a consolation in the 86th. They will find the next round, away at Glenafton, to be a tougher test.

We had had more strong showers off and on throughout the match, including one of hail, and associated rainbows, but thankfully the trundle back downhill to the station was in the dry, nicely timed for a train back to Edinburgh again to carry on where I left off. I would normally have headed to the Bow Bar next, but I had had enough of steep uphills the past three days, so stayed on the level at the Haymarket end of town for a couple of hours, only having time for the Haymarket, the Hanging Bat, Cloisters, and the Blue Blazer before common sense kicked in and I got the 19:39 train that allows a connection back to Inverurie. Thoughts of continuing on to others on the circuit and getting the very last train north 2 hours later were outweighed by the fact that that would then involve a Night Bus, which I really wasn't in the mood for.

Another great day out. Sunday though, was very much a stay-in-bed day...

(This post was edited by LeedsPhil on Oct 28, 2019, 7:55 PM)

bluearmybob
First Team Sub

Oct 28, 2019, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town FC since April 11th 1966.Groundhopping since January 28th 1989

Post #56 of 62 (2445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A drive down to Wormley Sports Club. KO 3.00pm.

Eastern Counties League Division 1 South.

WORMLEY ROVERS 4 (3) v (1) HOLLAND FC 2.

Scorers.

Home. D Thomas (21) B Matoko (34 & 90+3) C Ridley (44)

Away. T Harms (45+1) B Barnard (65pen)

Admission £5. Programme online. Attendance H/C 26.

GROUNDS VISITED.(382) NEW GROUNDS THIS SEASON 2019/20. (13)
GAMES THIS SEASON 2019/20. (23)
GAMES SINCE LAST 0-0. Ipswich Town v Wycombe Wanderers. 26/11/19. (2) BEST RUN OF NOT SEEING A 0-0. (61)
LEAGUES COMPLETED. Championship. League 1. Isthmian League North. ECL Premier Division. ECL Division 1 North. SCEFL Premier Division.
FOOTBALL SEEN IN:Bulgaria,Czech Republic,England,France,Greece,Guensey,Holland,Scotland,Switzerland,Turkey & Wales.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 28, 2019, 11:57 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #57 of 62 (2227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluearmybob] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

League One
Shrewsbury Town 1-0 Sunderland
Attendance 8,117 (1,810 away fans)
Ticket £20 - Programme £3

Stayed at Severn View Travelodge after eggchasing at Avonmouth the night before with the intention of catching the train from Cwmbran to Shrewsbury but after rain flooded the tracks and travel news warned of cancellations on the line between Cardiff and Wrexham decided to drive all the way having to negotiate a couple of completely submerged sections of the A442 between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth before being charged £5 to leave my car in Meole Brace Park & Ride. Pitch was in surprisingly good condition, presumably they covered it to keep the rain off, and by kick off the rain had reduced to drizzle. The only goal came midway through the first half when a good move by the hosts culminated in one time Cherries loanee Scott Golbourne's cross from the left met with a first time finish from Jason Cummings. Sunderland hit the post twice and had another effort tipped onto the bar by keeper Max O'Leary but couldn't break down the resolute Shrews defence. Too many draws cost Sunderland last season but these draws are now being converted into defeats away from home, the third on the spin this month following on from Lincoln and Wycombe.

Since my last visit with, a 1-0 defeat for Cherries in February 2010, the ground has been through a few different sponsors names, IIRC it was the Pro Star Stadium back then, now Montgomery Waters Meadow. Only other change since then is the introduction of Safe Standing taking up the back 6 rows of the home end. Despite having this option the Shrewsbury 'Ultras' still prefer to congregate on the end of the railway side where they can taunt the away fans!

What should have been a 10 minute walk back to the Park & Ride after the game took half an hour as the path under the railway bridge was flooded and there was a long queue of people on the narrow pathway leading to it from the ground, it was like queuing to get into a tube station after a game in London! Despite this made it home by 9:30pm.

pilgrim46
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 29, 2019, 10:39 AM

Team(s): Plymouth Argyle, any non league team in Devon & Cornwall

Post #58 of 62 (2019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Plymouth & West Devon League Premier Division

The Windmill (Devon) FC 9-1 Pennycross Sporting Club (4-0 H/T)
f & n - Att 7 hc

After watching England's brilliant victory over the All Blacks I checked FA full time & it was saying that this game was still due to be played at Pennycross. As the rain poured down outside I had my doubts & sure enough another check 1 hour later confirmed that it had been switched to Millbay Park. As my back up was the Plymouth Marjon cage it was an easy decision so I made the 5 minute walk from Plymouth City Centre to Millbay Park. I really like the ground you enter through a gate at the top & it offers great views over both Plymouth & Mount Edgecumbe Park. They normally serve hot food & drinks but there was none on offer today probably due to the quick change of venue. Another positive was that the rain stopped before kick off & it was a pleasant afternoon for watching football. The game itself was one way traffic once Windmill took the lead after 10 minutes & they ran out comfortable winners. A fantastic day & hopefully more of the same next Saturday.

andybsaints
Ballboy/girl

Oct 31, 2019, 1:04 PM

Post #59 of 62 (1499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilgrim46] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stevenage 1 - 0 Morecombe

£43 for 1 adult and 3 x children
20p teamsheet

A tick on the 92 list and intrigued by the football programme situation with Stevenage issuing on-line only.

Teamsheets (20p) available from the club shop and once in the ground.

Have also ordered a hard copy programme (£3.50p + postage) from M60 football programmes (doubtless other programme providers are available also).

Free parking in the car park across the road.

The game was less eventful with Stevenage scoring relatively late. Not the best game and I can see why Jim Bentley has decided since to drop down to the National League.

Kids competition to find 20 pumpkins outside the ground provided more interest than the game.

Nice of the club to issue my 3 children with a certificate signed by the Manager to make their first game at the ground.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Oct 31, 2019, 9:22 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #60 of 62 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at Sporting Khalsa 3 v 1 South Normanton Athletic Admission £5 Prog £1.50 Coffee £1.50 Att 102
Made and changed a number of plans in the run up to Saturday, before settling on the 3G option and at the same time actually see a game here. Back in the days pre mobile phone/internet myself and Henfield Bee made the journey up on a new years day evening to see Willenhall after watching Brentford play at home in the afternoon, probably either 1990 or 1991, needless to say it was Off when we arrived.
Not a lot to add to Dr Love's report, i sat in the near side stand chatting to a friendly local, if South Normanton had taken their chance to go 2-0 up then i think they would have gone on to win, we would have seen a few more goals if both sides shooting had been a lot more accurate. Decent journey back, key in the door just after 8pm.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Nov 1, 2019, 12:29 AM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #61 of 62 (1092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Plans A, B & C (Cheltenham Saracens, Longlevens & Thornbury) were all gone by mid morning. I briefly considered Hamworthy Rec but I'm glad I decided to stay local as that was also PPd. Ended up at...

Western League Division 1

Weymouth Street, Warminster

Warminster Town 0(0) Wincanton Town 1(1)

Red & Black Striped Shirts / Black Shorts Navy Blue Shirts & Shorts

Attendance 128

Admission £5 Programme £1

Pint of cask Maltings Gold £3.20 Cheese & Onion Roll £1

Despite heavy rain for almost 24 hours before the kick off this one never was in doubt after it was verti drained in the week. Warminster's form this season has been very erratic. Going into this game at home they had lost all four league games but had won both FA Vase ties. Away from home they had won four of their six league games by big margins but lost the other two. They are yet to draw a game. True to form they lost this one too. The only goal of the game was scored by the visitor's Toby Cole in the 22nd minute. The hosts dominated the game after the break but could not find the back of the net.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 6, 2019, 1:40 AM

Post #62 of 62 (651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Saturday 26th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ST PAUL'S STADIUM
FISHER 2 Greenwich Boro 1

A late departure from work, or rather an on time one Wink meant I was only able to make it as far as Rotherhithe for my third Fisher game in a week!

Good performance from the home side and a deserved win.

Ales from the local Brew by Numbers on sale at the Fisherman's Rest, with some of the proceeds going to the injured Billy Brown.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3