Dave Williams (hopper)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 17, 2019, 10:56 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #1 of 6 (4817 views)
Shortcut
Dave Williams (hopper) Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sad to report that non-poster Dave passed away this afternoon after a short illness. A lifelong Birmingham City fan, he was affectionately known as Dopey Dave (after the Mark Williams caricature Brummie) or ZuluDave and we'd been mates for over thirty years though our paths hadn't crossed so much lately as Dave cut down on his travelling; I had been hoping to meet him at the upcoming Aussie Pink Floyd gig.
A gentle soul with a daft sense of humour; can't believe I won't see him again in the Cotteridge Wines tap which had become like a second home to him.
Hard to take in; good to have known you, you silly old sod. R.I.P.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 17, 2019, 11:25 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 6 (4800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Dave Williams (hopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

'Keep right on' Zulu. RIP.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 100 / 85 / 15 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 08 / 11 / 2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

KnowYourMarket

Oct 18, 2019, 7:45 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #3 of 6 (4701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Dave Williams (hopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very sad news indeed when Paddy told me. Dave always made us laugh, sometimes intentionally sometimes not. He seemed to be in a good mood whatever was going on in his life and brightened up your day when we had the pleasure of his company.

RIP Dave.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Oct 18, 2019, 8:45 AM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #4 of 6 (4642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Dave Williams (hopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was told on Wednesday that Dave was in hospital but was really surprised that he had died yesterday.Saw him about 3 weeks ago coming out of the chemists and he had lost a lot of weight.Always cheerful and chatty used to see him walking his little dog around the area and we always had a chat usually about football.

Tim

Oct 21, 2019, 11:46 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #5 of 6 (3997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotchkiss] Dave Williams (hopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very sad news. Hadn't seen him for a while. Dave was a lovely chap, who would narrate many a tale of woe and disaster but always with a smile on his face and a rueful laugh at the end. Always good company, he will be missed.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 5, 2019, 9:04 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #6 of 6 (2524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Dave Williams (hopper) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There will be a non-religious celebration of Dave's life at the Woodbrooke Centre on Bristol Road, Selly Oak at 12.15 next Tuesday, November 12th followed by a gathering at The Wildcat Craft Bar on Pershore Road, Stirchley at 15.00
All those who knew Dave are most welcome.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3