Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 7, 2019, 3:11 PM

Team(s): SG Dynamo Dresden, FC Stahl Brandenburg

Post #1 of 24 (7974 views)
Shortcut
Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi

Is there anybody out there ... who may bei able to buy a single ticket for that match?

Tottenham member or Newcastle Season Ticket holder.

Thanks.

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Aug 8, 2019, 8:52 AM

Post #2 of 24 (7758 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brb] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi Brb I am a member however the game looks to be sold out there is still tickets for Aston Villa this Saturday and Palace, the corrupt THFC ticket exchange is currently selling for £223. Iíve heard of spares going at most games so far.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 8, 2019, 12:46 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #3 of 24 (7658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How come ? Says on website it has to be face value plus £4.50 admin.

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Aug 8, 2019, 2:54 PM

Post #4 of 24 (7592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi, Iíve just read the FAQs and T&Cís again and canít see where it says you will sell at face value.... it says you will receive your face value cost back but doesnít mention the club can then sell on for whatever value they like... it also mentions THFC will buy your ticket from you and if you are a concession/ young adult this ticket will automatically be sold at an adult rate too. You are correct about the £4.50 admin fee which is charged to the buyer for the painstaking work of changing the ticket from seller to buyer via THFC. I guess this is why so many have been lurking around the stadium on matchday as spurs fans are sick of the club making an extra buck.

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 3:43 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 24 (7565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They have (or at least did have last season) a scheme that allowed ticket holders to transfer their ticket to a "friend" at no cost - the friend had to become a member of some scheme (also free). So you then pay your friend directly. This is how I went to a game last season

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 8, 2019, 9:33 PM

Post #6 of 24 (7421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So the question is, are there any available tickets at the exchange now?

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 8, 2019, 11:14 PM

Post #7 of 24 (7380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brb] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

The front page says there are, but you have to be a One Hotspur member ("from £43 a year") to sign in and see whether there really are.

So the question is "Is anyone here a One Hotspur member ?"

EDIT: The front page does say tickets are sold at face value plus the admin fee.

(This post was edited by mick on Aug 8, 2019, 11:16 PM)

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Regular

Aug 9, 2019, 2:09 AM

Post #8 of 24 (7293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Ticket Exchange scheme that Tottenham have introduced at their new ground allows season ticket holders who cannot attend a match to either transfer their ticket to somebody else who is known to them or allow the club to re-sell the ticket. It replaces a widely criticised scheme that applied at the old ground and which was administered by the club's ďpartnersĒ Stubhub. This allowed season ticket holders to re-list their seat on Stubhub at whatever price they thought they could get away with and then receive the sale price back via Paypal minus a very substantial Stubhub administration fee.

Transfers of tickets are now done at no cost to either the existing season ticket holder or the person receiving the ticket. That person does not have to be a One Hotspur member but, if not, does have to be registered on the Spurs ticketing system (for free) so that the customer reference number can be used in the electronic transfer of the ticket. One Hotspur members will have the transferred ticket loaded onto their membership smartcard, non-members will receive a print at home ticket by email. Season ticket holders can register up to 20 people as friends or family able to receive transferred tickets.

As the Spurs website clearly states, season ticket seats offered for resale will be sold at the same face value that adult non season ticket seats were sold for the same section of the ground - plus an admin charge of £4.50. The season ticket holder's account will be credited with the full face value of the ticket which can be used to contribute to the purchase of next year's season ticket or a cash refund at certain dates during the season. If the season ticket holder is paying at a concessionary rate they will still be credited with the full adult rate if their seat is re-sold.

The re-sale of season ticket seats via the Ticket Exchange system only comes into operation once non season ticket seats have sold out. Not surprisingly there is still a very heavy demand for tickets at the new ground and all tickets for the first three league games sold out in no time with many One Hotspur members disappointed. Therefore Exchange tickets for the first match versus Aston Villa are only available to members and at present the same applies for the next two against Newcastle and Crystal Palace. I think it very unlikely that any tickets will become available for non members and, to avoid any queries, I will be using my season ticket to attend all three.

It strikes me that this is system is reasonable both for season ticket holders and those wishing to buy unused tickets and to suggest that the system is corrupt is grossly unfair.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 9, 2019, 4:06 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #9 of 24 (7059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I bet that as with West Ham at the Olympic Stadium, there will have been some people buying season tickets for the new Spurs stadium without having ever attended a game at the old ground!

I have not yet attempted to tick either the Olympic Stadium or the new WHL, but I am already on the database of both clubs and I am sure I will eventually succeed in watching a league match at both grounds (in the case of West Ham, there have been hardly any Sunday games at the Olympic Stadium - there was one v. Chelsea last season, but I decided against trying to attend that one because of the risk of crowd trouble)

To give you reassurance that it is possible to buy tickets for Premier League games without joining a membership scheme, I attended Tottenham v Swansea for a Sunday game in December 2012 and perhaps more impressively, Arsenal v Southampton on Sunday 8th April 2018. (In the latter case it may admittedly have helped that Arsene Wenger's unpopularity was at its height and many Arsenal fans were boycotting home games.) In both cases I got tickets simply by logging on to the clubs' ticket portal and entering my database number.

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Aug 9, 2019, 9:00 PM

Post #10 of 24 (6946 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Yes if you read my post they are available at £223, if a 150% mark up on the ticket which goes straight to THFC isnít a form of corruption Iím not sure what is! Disgusting

Sussexhopper
First Team Star

Aug 10, 2019, 6:45 AM

Team(s): Worthing Brighton Burnley

Post #11 of 24 (6807 views)
Shortcut

Lots of tickets for face value on the Spurs website now available to members for this game. The amount of tickets available for todayís game against Villa is crazy just a shame the club wonít release these tickets on general sale.

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 10, 2019, 9:38 AM

Post #12 of 24 (6769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sussexhopper] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If one member could buy one ticket now? Cheapest category avaiable. Thanks. Will be in / around London August 24th - 26th.

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 11, 2019, 12:56 PM

Post #13 of 24 (6558 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the posts, I have a ticket now. The topic can be closed.

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 12, 2019, 7:14 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #14 of 24 (6388 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks for the posts, I have a ticket now. The topic can be closed.

I am sure other readers would like to know how it was sourced, plus the final comparison between ticket cost and face value

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 12, 2019, 7:55 AM

Post #15 of 24 (6348 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi

Is there anybody out there ... who may bei able to buy a single ticket for that match?

Tottenham member or Newcastle Season Ticket holder.

Thanks.

Yesterday it was bought by a fellow groundhopper in Newcastle, who had made new friends, and one of these people is a season ticket holder at Newcastle, and was therefore eligible to purchase a ticket for the game at Tottenham.

Hornchurchspur
Youth Team Regular

Aug 21, 2019, 3:19 PM

Post #16 of 24 (5866 views)
Shortcut

Apologies for re-opening this thread but Tottenham's Ticket Exchange for this Sunday's match v Newcastle has now been opened up for sales to the general public.

I mention this because inspection of Spurs ticketing system shows that ALL tickets are being offered at face value plus the £4.50 admin fee mentioned above. It is true that, as Callum stated for the previous Aston Villa match, some tickets are advertised at £223.50 (and indeed some for even more than that). However these are premium season ticket holder seats that include use of one of the many lounges both pre and post match, complimentary drinks and food, and other benefits. They are nevertheless available at face value + £4.50. Whether this is value for money is for others to decide but it is clear that Callum's allegation that these were/are being sold corruptly at a 150% mark up is incorrect.

For information the cheapest adult tickets available are on offer at £56.50. You need to register on the Spurs ticketing system to buy one.

Chris1963

Aug 21, 2019, 9:10 PM

Post #17 of 24 (5743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Apologies for re-opening this thread but Tottenham's Ticket Exchange for this Sunday's match v Newcastle has now been opened up for sales to the general public.

For information the cheapest adult tickets available are on offer at £56.50

Many thanks - I've just purchased a seat for £59.50 and I didn't even have to pay the £4.50 fee, unless it was included in the price rather than being shown separately. The seat was the best value for money I could find - it's in the lower tier of the West Stand and parallel with the goal area, so arguably much better value than the £56.50 seats which are all behind the goal. There is a similar seat currently available on the east side for the same price. All the other seats along the sides start at £73.50 (or at least, these were the ones I looked at.)

pete
Junior Team Sub

Aug 22, 2019, 2:43 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa

Post #18 of 24 (5493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For those wanting a less expensive attendance at the new stadium, the Spurs U23's are scheduled to play 2 league matches there later in the season - Sat 4th April (v Everton) & Fri 1st May (v Blackburn).
Details on the Spurs website.

pokal02
First Team Star

Aug 22, 2019, 8:07 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #19 of 24 (5416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting that some tickets are on General Sale for only the 2nd home match after they said 'it is very unlikely that any tickets will reach General Sale this season'.

I'm sure they're not doing it to benefit groundhoppers, so it must be that they can't sell them all to members. I can't go Sunday but will now be surprised if I can't get a ticket for, say, Bournemouth or Sheff Utd, if I check the site daily in the week before KO, particularly if they aren't 3PM Saturday games.

ricardo
Junior Team Sub

Aug 23, 2019, 8:29 PM

Post #20 of 24 (5228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pete] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is also a womenís game at the new ground v Arsenal on Sunday 17th Nov if you canít wait that long

pokal02
First Team Star

Sep 28, 2019, 1:42 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #21 of 24 (4692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ricardo] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spurs v Southampton tickets are also on general sale today.

IAN S
First Team Star

Oct 11, 2019, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #22 of 24 (4147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What's my chances of getting a ticket for the Spurs v Sheffield United game without paying massively over the odds?
I've no chance of getting one from BL as I've not enough loyalty points, likely to sell out in a couple of days.
Is it straightforward to register on the Spurs site bearing in mind I've got a Sheffield postcode?
Any help getting one or maybe even two would be greatly appreciated.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

Chris1963

Oct 11, 2019, 1:35 PM

Post #23 of 24 (4136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What's my chances of getting a ticket for the Spurs v Sheffield United game without paying massively over the odds?
I've no chance of getting one from BL as I've not enough loyalty points, likely to sell out in a couple of days.
Is it straightforward to register on the Spurs site bearing in mind I've got a Sheffield postcode?
Any help getting one or maybe even two would be greatly appreciated.

Try registering on the Spurs site and see what happens. I doubt whether the software has been configured to block postcodes from outside North London, as Spurs will have supporters from all over the UK.

Simple Pieman
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 20, 2019, 12:29 PM

Team(s): Tottenham Hotspur and (When I can) Harlow Town

Post #24 of 24 (3150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Tottenham vs Newcastle, Sunday 25.08., Ticket help [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ian - I would follow the advice of Chris here and register on the site. You should be ok and crowds are not at capacity for most matches. Just be aware that there are some people who delight in having away fans ejected, so be discreet if your boys score - Hope you enjoy your day, although I will stop short in respect of the result! If interested in real ale, the Antwerp Arms (5 mins from ground) welcomes away fans and has ales from the Redemption Brewery (brewed half a mile from the ground).

http://pieandmushypeas.blogspot.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3