Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Berlin Weekend

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 10, 2019, 9:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Berlin Weekend Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oct 4 Hertha v Fortuna Dusseldorf

Ticket bought online in advance. Probably the first time travelling and never got to the game. My flight from Glasgow was delayed due to a package breakage in the hold of the flight from Amsterdam to Glasgow. In the end the package contained poiio vaccine and not anything serious. We were actually on the flight when this was discovered and had to go back to the airport. Made the Scottish news. Not me the incident.

Oct 5 Babelsberg 1 RW Erfurt 1 Nordost Regional League Att2210 Entry Pensioner 9 Euro Block O (behind goal)

Not the game I had planned to see. Viktoria Berlin was postponed when I checked the Kicker app when I woke up. Weather when I arrived in Berlin was horrendous.. Enjoyable game and my third visit.Large away support. Like my last 2 European games a penalty was saved this time by the RWE keeper who was excellent throughout. Easy trip on the S7 from Viktoriaplatz to Babelsberg station. Turn right when leaving and continue walking. Unfortunately there were no programmes. Printer problems. Some for earlier games were given out.
First game seen behind a net. Did not spoil my enjoyment.

Oct 6 Berliner AK 07 1 Optik Rathenow 1 Nordost Regional League Att 147 Entry Pensioner 8 Euro Main Stand

A bit different from yesterday due to the crowd.Again my third visit and an easy ground to get to. Bus 123 from behind the hbf (Europaplatz) with stop Stadion reached within 5 minutes. Draw probably a fair result. Club no longer do programmes although there is a 4 page fan edition for a donation which gives you everything you want. The match report in English is done by a lad from York who now lives in Berlin.

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on Oct 10, 2019, 10:08 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3