Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? OTHER SPORTS!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next page Last page  View All

mxhornet
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 8:18 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #751 of 753 (945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 15-09-19 1230
Norfolk United - 45 Eclipse - 47
Mizuno Premier League Division Three
UEA Sportspark

A real nip and tuck game, with rarely anything much in it, Eclipse leading right from the start and NU never quite managing to ever get ahead. Eclipse 12-10 up after first quarter, then 24-20 at half time and starting to look like they might get on top, early in third quarter this had become a six goal lead before NU got it back to a two goal deficit. Last quarter was pretty much goal for goal as Eclipse held on for their first ever Premier League win for the Kent side, also their first game after promotion via the play offs.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

americanrich
Junior Team Regular

Sep 26, 2019, 1:35 PM

Post #752 of 753 (709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [americanrich] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My initial attempt at following this up was eaten by the posting system, and I c/b/a to try again until now. Probably a slightly truncated version to follow ...

27 July 2019
Philadelphia Phillies 7-15 Atlanta Braves
28 July 2019
Phillies 9-4 Braves
National League (MLB)
Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia

Citizens Bank Park was opened in 2004, replacing the very outdated Veterans Stadium, whose most notorious moment was fans of the NFL Eagles booing Santa Claus. Fans here have a deserved reputation, but I got little more than the odd sarcastic jibe despite wearing my Braves t-shirt (I think the NJ Devils NHL hat got more remarks, in fact.)

CBP is a nice place to watch a game, built right in the heyday of retro ballparks. Paid $79 on the Saturday, which got me a seat at the top of the lower level (in a section that tapers to a point, including two single seats at the top, one of which I nabbed). For the Sunday, I paid $43 to sit in the outfield seats, not somewhere I typically go and bloody hot on a sunny Sunday afternoon!

Home runs were the order of business both games -- the HR rate is dramatically up this year, many say because the ball has been "juiced", and that was in full evidence, as the teams combined for six in each game. Saturday night was all Braves, as they raced to a 14-1 lead and cantered home despite some late runs. This was a "Saturday Night Special" retro night, with the Phillies in garish all-maroon uniforms that they wore once and once only in 1979. The scoreboard was also "retro," with a monochrome look.

Sunday was rather the opposite, as the Phillies did the bulk of the hitting, including a backbreaking grand slam in the 6th to make it 6-0.

Concessions were, as is common in MLB now, varied, plentiful and expensive. Being a non-meat eater, I was keen to sample a vegan cheesesteak offering, which was pretty outstanding (as it should have been for $14...). Sunday's main food sampling was of the "crab fries" from Philly institution Chickie's and Pete's .... again, $14 or so, but that gets you a large bucket of fries and also dipping sauces -- completely functional as a main meal of the day, if painfully unhealthy!

Beer offerings, too, are far more varied than they used to be - still get the standard American domestic flavored water, but a variety of craft offerings as well. These all carried double-digit price tags, but that at least got you a decent-sized can.

Getting to the stadium is easy enough -- it's on the south side of Philly, and while many drove, it's easily reached on the Broad Street line of the SEPTA system -- just ride it until the end, come out of the station and follow the crowds. The other major league stadiums are all down here as well.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2019, 6:55 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #753 of 753 (514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wednesday 9 th October 2019 3-15 pm
University of East Anglia - 77 De Montfort University - 36
BUCS Midlands 3B
UEA Sportspark

A very comfortable win for UEA and a rather high scoring game at BUCS level. Quarter scores 19-8, 40-19, 56-26 and 77-36.

I was acting as scorer for the game.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

First page Previous page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3