Shortest Match you have ever seen on your Ground Visi

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 9, 2019, 10:20 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #26 of 29 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Keith] Shortest Match you have ever seen on your Ground Visi [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If those are all games you attended I think we had better avoid watching games with you. In 40 or so years of watching mostly non-league football my only abandoned game was at Filbert Street in the early 80's when I think Southampton were visiting Leicester. Lasted around 15 minutes before a cloudburst. Made famous at the time by Steve Lynex doing the front crawl when he had slipped over in the rain.

They had handed out vouchers for a England U23 game earlier that season at Filbert Street beforehand because of fog. The game wasn't abandoned but many including myself used said voucher to get in for the rearranged Southampton game.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 11, 2019, 4:15 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #27 of 29 (1087 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Keith] Shortest Match you have ever seen on your Ground Visi [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If those are all games you attended I think we had better avoid watching games with you.

They were Keith , 25 abandoned games in 60 years of watching ain't too bad is it ?

7 of those the result stood, Austria 'B', Rayners Lane, Dalry , Mochdre , O/Survey , Penyfford & Port Authority so that leaves 18 games with no ground visit meaning a revisit . Don't worry Klagenfurt has been ticked properly.

So 18 not counted for a ground visit or 1 game abandoned for every 500 visited , no idea whether that's good / bad / normal. Anybody else got silly figures to hand , over to you Leo.

To add to that also had to revisit Plymouth Command in season 97/98 as the sec of the league annulled the game I was at because of a ringer.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 109 / 92 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 18 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Oct 11, 2019, 4:16 AM)

Old Glove
Youth Team Regular

Oct 12, 2019, 12:48 PM

Team(s): Hengrove Athletic

Post #28 of 29 (896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Shortest Match you have ever seen on your Ground Visi [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Been watching football for 40+ years and can genuinely only remember two abandonments in all that time, both in the last few seasons...

Chard Town v Oldland Abbotonians at Zembard Lane was called off after nine minutes after Sam Abrahams, a young Oldland player, broke his leg in two places. Ambulance turned up at 4pm & he ended up going to Musgrove Park Hospital with me in the car behind (I was secretary and no one else wanted the job!).

Bristol Telephones v Oldland Abbotonians was abandoned on six minutes when the floodlights failed, not enough diesel in the generator.

(This post was edited by Old Glove on Oct 12, 2019, 12:49 PM)

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Oct 12, 2019, 1:08 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #29 of 29 (882 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Shortest Match you have ever seen on your Ground Visi [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

To add to that also had to revisit Plymouth Command in season 97/98 as the sec of the league annulled the game I was at because of a ringer.

Have you not forgiven me yet Hoddy - it was over 20 years ago !!!!!

AngelicTongueCoolCrazy

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

(This post was edited by SWP-Phil on Oct 12, 2019, 1:09 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3