Andalucia trip

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Sep 25, 2019, 10:33 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #1 of 2 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Andalucia trip Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Thursday 19th September early am, just before the Dartford Crossing, the 4 lanes were down to 1 lane with traffic at a standstill. Then having crossed the bridge traffic was diverted off the M25. I later parked up close to Gatwick airport.
I was on the 05:45 easyjet flight to Malaga which arrived 20mins earlier than the scheduled 09:40. A beautiful hot & sunny day which was also the case on Monday & Tuesday.

On Saturday I visited the Museo de Malaga which is free to EU citizens although its only 1.50 Euros anyway I believe. Half is art which I had a good look round before breezing round the archaeological section.

Later I caught the C2 Cercanias train from Malaga Mariana Zambrano at 15:43 which took approx. 40mins (7.70 Euros return) to the end of the line at Alora. The station is out of town, the sign said 3km to the centre, there was a bus waiting. I walked it which was at times twisty & turny with no pavement with just a barrier or low wall. The last 15mins or so on the way back were a bit scary so I switched on my mobile phone so traffic could see me in the almost pitch black. It did work. I had a wander around the village before the game. I did pop in the betting shop where it had 28 FA Cup games with live score & corner updates.

3 Andaluza Senior Division (Malaga) - (level 8)
Club Deportivo Alora 1 (31, red 91+)
La Cala Club Deportivo 2 (39 & 70 pen)
KO: 19:15 Att: 78 h/c Cost: 3 Euros Saw no progs

Venue: Campo Municipal Nuestra Senora de Flores, Calle Las Flores, Alora
Artificial pitch with 4 corner floodlight poles. Mountain views around the 3 sides of the ground where spectators arenít allowed. Behind one goal are 4 concrete buildings inc. the changing rooms with sloping hills behind before the mountains in the distance. Other goal has a row of white terraced houses behind a high concrete wall. One side has a high concrete wall with a house in the centre with vegetation either side & some angry dogs.
The main side is a bit special & is certainly different. All seats are red & are behind rails. Itís grass banking with in half of one half at the top is a row of seats. Behind is a h/s path. The remainder has 4 separate stands. 3 of them have 7 rows of seats with the middle one having a barrel shaped roof which wouldnít keep all rows dry. In the corner is the 4th stand also with the barrel shaped roof but this one has 10 rows of seats again wouldnít keep all rows dry. The stands are perched at the front above the grass. Thereís a low wall pitchside. In areas behind stands are grass & gravel areas & set back in corner is a snack bar. At back are railings with a 4 lane running track but bizarrely in the middle are 2 tennis courts & another sports court & trees with floodlight pylons. Behind is a high steep rock.

Match: Round 3. (0.0.1) v (2.0.0) in a 15 team division
Just like Friday it had been a cloudy day with glimpses of sun & barely any blue sky but it was very warm. Still managed to watch game in t-shirt.
This game brought back 2 teams who re-joined the league this season. LaCa were certainly 2nd best in the 1st half. An undeserved equaliser when gk was just beaten to the ball so a shot into the empty net. ALO had started well on top & a cracking shot on 10mins was just off target. A chance was wasted wide on 25mins. They finally scored after a cross/shot was parried by the gk with the rebound smashed past the two defenders on the line. On 38mins they shot just wide. Shots 11-3.

The tv in the snack bar wasnít showing any pictures & h/t lasted under 15mins.
Slow start to 2nd half. LaCa were about to shoot when player was pushed & the resulting penalty was converted. LaCa were the better side this half & the gk tipped over a free kick on 78mins. On 90+mins ALO had a chance for an equaliser but the shot was fluffed & went over. There was still time for ALO player to say too much & get a 2nd yellow card for a red card. The fans were vocal at times with a LaCa woman reacting to comments from the home crowd which added to the fun. Shots 5-6.

My train back was the last one at 22:45 which gave me more than enough time to see Shinji Naganawa & his Ďart exposicion de pinturaí which remained open until 22:00. I didnít spend much time there before the dodgy walk back.

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Sep 25, 2019, 11:36 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #2 of 2 (1050 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Andalucia trip [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

On Sunday I caught the 11:45 Alsa bus to Lucena which departed 10mins late due to the driver faffing about. The journey takes approx. 75mins. It cost 9.18 Euros. I purchased tickets the previous day using a ticket machine. I didnít understand what the outgoing trip comment meant despite being translated in english. I thought it meant there were no seats available but it meant that you couldnít prebook the seats. Not sure what happened on the way back as half the bus was supposedly full to Malaga but everyone got off at Lucena & just a dozen of us got on. There was sometimes someone helping you at the machines in Malaga & the ticket window wasnít always open. Unsurprisingly I paid by cash.

The journey had started with some sun but got duller the further north we went. Other than a few minutes where I had to put on something over my arms (the only time all holiday) when it got a bit cooler & a there was a few mins of steady rain. There had been rain forecast in Malaga on Fri & Sat but I didnít see any. I had a wander around the town which had some street signs in Hebrew. I also visited the Del Moral Castle Archaeological & Ethnographic Museum which is free on Sundays. It turned into a good work out with some steep steps & in places just a rope rail.

It got hot & sunnier later in the day. The ground is out of town & going I had to walk across a thankfully quieter version of the Copdock roundabout. Itís not on any of the tourist maps. The walk back was better as I followed some of the crowd using a backroute.

Tercera Division Grupo 10 (level 4)
Club Deportivo Ciudad de Lucena 1 (24 pen)
San Roque de Lepe Club Deportivo 0
KO: 18:00 Att: approx 456 h/c Cost: 10 Euros Saw no progs

Venue: Estadio Ciudad de Lucena, (Ctra de Cabra, Poligono Industrial Los Polvillares, salida McDonalds y Carrefour), Lucena
Going to the ground from the bus station is 1.7km. Another interesting ground on this trip. Artificial pitch with 4 corner floodlight poles. Mostly railed with infill. A new looking covered main stand with in most places 15 rows of blue seats with the town name in white seats. At the back except the central area is where you can stand & watch from. In one corner facing the seats perched up high is a snack bar. Behind is a gravel car park & to the side is McDonalds. Wasteland beyond. Other 3 sides were closed today. I was allowed before the game to go behind the goal to take some photos of the main stand. Behind this goal are the equivalent of 12 narrow steps but instead thereís some shrubbery growing over mesh. The other side also has the same. Above this behind the goal are 5 temporary stands with between 2 & 5 rows of blue & white seats. Behind are roads & hills with plenty of greenery & some houses. The other side has 7 temporary stands with similar amount of rows. Above is banking to the main road which on the bus gives a good view inside the ground. Beyond are mountains. Other goal has reaching close to each 18yd box a temporary stand with 8 rows of blue & white seats. Outside ground is banking to the main road & view of houses on the edge of town & hills.

Match: Round 5. (4.0.0 & g/diff. 7-0) v (1.1.2)
LUC were awarded a penalty when ball was hit from close range which caused a few protests. This was converted. Not long after SRL shot just wide. LUC were the better side but SRL had blocked a number of shots. Shots 4-2.

H/t lasted over 16mins.
SRL had a good spell in the game & shot just wide on 49 & 64mins. There was then a 10min spell when 6 yellow cards were shown inc. SRL #17 who came on as a sub & certainly put himself about & was fortunate to stay on the pitch. At the end he was first off the pitch with the crowd giving him abuse. LUC had weathered the fightback & on 80mins a shot was saved. A minute later a 1on1 was shot wide & another chance in injury time was saved by combination of gk & defender. The SRL gk was getting exasperated by the ballboys who kept kicking replacement ball on the pitch for goal kicks when heíd already got a ball. Shots 8-3.

LUC now gone 5 games without conceding a goal & 15pts.

I caught the last bus back at 21:00 which cost 7.41 Euros & arrived earlier than the 22:30 scheduled time. While at Lucena bus station I noticed the 20:45 Inter Bus to Malaga drop someone off but it departed again almost immediately at 20:39. Not sure if it wouldíve waited if youíd booked a ticket on that service.

Flight back was at 21:35 on Tuesday & despite departing late it arrived 5mins later than the scheduled 23:25 time at a wet & fairly mild Gatwick. The M23 was closed as was the M25 between J30 & J29. I was diverted towards Central London but I turned off earlier & went through Dagenham.

The Malaga Cercanias train has just implemented a new ticket system which has been criticized by the english speaking newspaper due to big increase in prices. Thereís a new 10 trip ticket but you can only use it for one destination only which isnít much good to most people according to the report. A few days later I found out I should keep my single ticket & save 50 cents by reloading a journey but poor instructions on the machines & no staff didnít help. My final journey back to the airport a member of staff helped me. Hopefully when I visit again in May there will be clearer instructions which Iíll also check online.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3