Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2019, 11:03 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #1 of 16 (3617 views)
Shortcut
Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 Can't Post or Reply Privately

On the assumption from what I've read on here that you can get in to a Salford City game this season for a tenner (plus booking fee, okay, which is still a 'good knock' for the club), when was the last time anyone here paid just an orange note for a Football Leage game, and where?

Atavistic
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 22, 2019, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Norwich City, Yaxley

Post #2 of 16 (3589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Charlton have a "Football for a Fiver" game every season, so that's an easy chance to get into a Football League match for less than £10 (as I did last season, when they played out a boring 0-0 draw with Blackpool). I believe Leyton Orient do something similar, but couldn't say for certain if that's the case.

2019/20 stats (including Pre-Season):

New Grounds: 11 (Most Recent: Aldershot Town)
Games: 20
Goals: 65
Goals Per Game (to 2 dp): 3.25
0-0s: 1

My Blog: https://thetortoisetravels.blogspot.co.uk/

JohnD
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 23, 2019, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Frickley

Post #3 of 16 (3289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Huddersfield last season and this. No booking fee. Was £10 adult £3 under 16's if you live locally and can get your hand on one of the thousands of school vouchers they hand out.

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 23, 2019, 11:02 AM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #4 of 16 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JohnD] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probbably on the Kop in 1991 Liverpool v Chelsea when you could just turn up and get in.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 11:22 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #5 of 16 (3248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Probbably on the Kop in 1991 Liverpool v Chelsea when you could just turn up and get in.

Those were the days....

I have made use of Charlton’s ‘Football for a fiver’ promotion a couple of times. Orient did a similar promotion last year in the conference, whether they repeat it this year I am unsure.

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 1:47 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #6 of 16 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Atavistic] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Charlton have a "Football for a Fiver" game every season, so that's an easy chance to get into a Football League match for less than £10 (as I did last season, when they played out a boring 0-0 draw with Blackpool). I believe Leyton Orient do something similar, but couldn't say for certain if that's the case.

Similarly Bolton tend to have a 'community day' that is a fiver each season.

I recall paying a tenner (or something similar) to a Burnley v Bolton game on the opening day of the season in 2013/14, though I think that was a limited number of tickets to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Football League.

harrierjames
Junior Team Regular

Sep 23, 2019, 8:17 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers, Hallam FC, Sheffield FC, Sheffield United

Post #7 of 16 (2848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Notts County had £2 tickets for everyone against Crewe Alex to celebrate Hardy's first year as owner the other year.

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 23, 2019, 8:45 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #8 of 16 (2821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [harrierjames] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

18th January 2011

Bristol Rovers 0-0 Hartlepool United

Football League Division 1, admission £10, att: 5285 (58 from Hartlepool)

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Sep 23, 2019, 8:58 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #9 of 16 (2805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1960s West Brom v Manchester United with Best, Charlton etc, half a crown through one of the tight turnstiles!Laugh

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 24, 2019, 12:34 AM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #10 of 16 (2682 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Back in 2008 when I was somehow able to pass as an under 18 at Forest.
But I still get ID'd nowadays, so maybe not such a surprise in hindsight

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

Steelback
First Team Star

Sep 24, 2019, 4:48 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #11 of 16 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I have made use of Charlton’s ‘Football for a fiver’ promotion a couple of times. Orient did a similar promotion last year in the conference, whether they repeat it this year I am unsure.
£5 Leyton Orient v Walsall October 12

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

(This post was edited by Steelback on Sep 24, 2019, 4:50 PM)

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 24, 2019, 7:09 PM

Post #12 of 16 (2347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cant remember the year but it must have been when Man City messed up with my ticket and they played Charlton on a Sunday and won 4-2.

I went to the ticket office the morning of the game, they arranged a replacement, but never took the money off my debit card Smile

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

pottersbarbee
Youth Team Regular

Oct 2, 2019, 9:52 AM

Post #13 of 16 (1749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Towards the end of 17/18 it was £10 to stand on the awful tin terrace at 'the Hive London'

kreader
Youth Team Sub

Oct 2, 2019, 6:54 PM

Team(s): Charnock Richard , Derby County

Post #14 of 16 (1441 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pottersbarbee] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember when you could pay less than 10p for a league game at the Baseball Ground, the now demolished home of Derby County. In the late 1950s it was 1/9 (8.5p in decimal money) for admission on the Popular Side, standing of course, no segregation.

bob lilliman
Junior Team Star

Oct 2, 2019, 9:39 PM

Post #15 of 16 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kreader] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Paid £5 for Fulham v Wigan on Friday

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 11, 2019, 5:18 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #16 of 16 (593 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bob lilliman] Last time you got in to a Football League game for £10 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have just waded my way through a trunk of old ticket stubs and found one for a tenner for...

Tuesday 25th March 1997~
Portsmouth 1-0 Reading

...in the second tier (then called Division One).

Think that might have been my last FL match for a tenner entry normal price.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3