Applicants to join Step 6 for 2020/1

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2019, 8:00 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #51 of 90 (5574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pinxton are probably Clay Cross’s biggest promotion rivals and are equally ambitious.

As long as they don't wire the gate hut to the floodlights!Cool

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 16, 2019, 8:48 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #52 of 90 (5516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pinxton are probably Clay Cross’s biggest promotion rivals and are equally ambitious.

The day I read about or hear anything from a club official saying anything else other than being ambitious is the day I will take notice. Good luck to all of them but most have heard this talk time and again and it means nothing.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 16, 2019, 9:12 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #53 of 90 (5487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

The day I read about or hear anything from a club official saying anything else other than being ambitious is the day I will take notice. Good luck to all of them but most have heard this talk time and again and it means nothing.

Pinxton have applied for promotion for the past few seasons. They were applying for promotion when Lee Cook from this forum was their manager(I think he’s a Teversal now). They’ve always just missed out to slightly stronger clubs. Pretty much the same story as Clay Cross(minus Cooky). So their ambitions are exactly the same as the last few seasons. Maybe the FA will promote them both this season and good luck to them both.

Non League Projection - 2020/21: https://docs.google.com/...UTgVhKYTo/edit#gid=0
Step 1: https://www.google.com/....119447550000018&z=7
Step 2: https://www.google.com/...677250654298405&z=15
Step 3: https://www.google.com/...358611350589399&z=16
Step 4: https://www.google.com/...536616305542566&z=16
Step 5: https://www.google.com/...399355140531952&z=16
Step 6: https://www.google.com/...1556307438963813&z=9

(This post was edited by windydcfc on Sep 16, 2019, 9:19 PM)

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Hucknall Town, Nottingham Forest

Post #54 of 90 (5150 views)
Shortcut

Sherwood Coll Reserves, have started well and obviously have a ground good enough for Step 6. I'd bet a fair bit that their first team will be at Step 5 next season so will be a threat to Clay Cross and Pinxton.

Sarumio

Sep 17, 2019, 11:08 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #55 of 90 (5079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sherwood Coll Reserves, have started well and obviously have a ground good enough for Step 6. I'd bet a fair bit that their first team will be at Step 5 next season so will be a threat to Clay Cross and Pinxton.

But doesn't there need to be a 2 step gap? Therefore Sherwood Colliery Reserves cannot go up to Step 6 until the first team go up to Step 4?

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 12:26 PM

Post #56 of 90 (4989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought it was okay at steps 5 and 6, but I can't remember where I read that.

Sarumio

Sep 17, 2019, 1:01 PM

Post #57 of 90 (4963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

No it isn't. It was widely reported last year that Hebburn Town Reserves could only move up to Step 5 if the first team won promotion to Step 4. The first team didn't and so Hebburn Ressies stayed in the Wearside League, despite winnin the league and applying for promotion. Runners up Sunderland West End too the promotion place instead.

So pretty safe to say Sherwood Colliery Reserves are no threat this season.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 1:48 PM

Post #58 of 90 (4917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks I've found the rules now. I just misread/misunderstood/misremembered the rules.

alderman friend
Youth Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 3:22 PM

Post #59 of 90 (4846 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

No it isn't. It was widely reported last year that Hebburn Town Reserves could only move up to Step 5 if the first team won promotion to Step 4. The first team didn't and so Hebburn Ressies stayed in the Wearside League, despite winnin the league and applying for promotion. Runners up Sunderland West End too the promotion place instead.

hebburn town res are at step 7 and can only move up to step 6 if hebburn first team are promoted to step 4.

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 9:05 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #60 of 90 (4612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alderman friend] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Im also sure a reserve side cant go higher than step 6 regardless of what level there 1st team are at. Personally i totally agree, imagine reserve teams at the top end of non league

You wanted the best, you got the best

Chris M
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 18, 2019, 12:50 AM

Team(s): Everton, Marine, Sheffield clubs generally

Post #61 of 90 (4462 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

But doesn't there need to be a 2 step gap? Therefore Sherwood Colliery Reserves cannot go up to Step 6 until the first team go up to Step 4?

There must be a minimum of two Steps between a first and
reserve team. This does not apply at Steps 6 & 7.

The only issue is does this refer to reserve teams at either of steps 6 and 7 not being subject to the restriction, or specifically to the case of step 6 clubs with reserve teams below.

(This post was edited by Chris M on Sep 18, 2019, 12:52 AM)

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 18, 2019, 3:29 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #62 of 90 (4422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris M] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you play at step 6 your reserves can play at step 7.
If you play at step 7 there are no NLS rules about where your reserves play as they will not be part of the NLS.

They may be cases now or in the past where a club may play at step 7 but are close to the border with another step 7 league and want their reserves to play in that.
Not sure if that would be allowed.
It probably would but what happens if the reserve side in theory wins promotion to the other leagues top division at step 7. Giving the club two sides at step 7.

(This post was edited by Unicorn on Sep 18, 2019, 9:03 AM)

Sarumio

Sep 18, 2019, 11:13 AM

Post #63 of 90 (4227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alderman friend] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

hebburn town res are at step 7 and can only move up to step 6 if hebburn first team are promoted to step 4.

Sorry that is what I had meant - I typed the wrong step number. Yes, Hebburn Town Reserves could not go up to Step 6 as the first team at Step 5 failed to go up to Step 4. Had the first team gone up, the Reserves could have gone up to Step 6 thus maintaining the two step separation rule.

Therefore there is no scope for Sherwood Colliery Reserves to go up this year.

Sarumio

Sep 18, 2019, 11:19 AM

Post #64 of 90 (4224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If you play at step 6 your reserves can play at step 7.
If you play at step 7 there are no NLS rules about where your reserves play as they will not be part of the NLS.

They may be cases now or in the past where a club may play at step 7 but are close to the border with another step 7 league and want their reserves to play in that.
Not sure if that would be allowed.
It probably would but what happens if the reserve side in theory wins promotion to the other leagues top division at step 7. Giving the club two sides at step 7.

I believe there is a rule in place and one that has been enforced in the past on at least two occasions.

1. When the North Riding League was elevated to Step 7 status (and thus on a level footing with the Wearside League), NRL member Redcar Athletic Reserves were forcibly demoted from the Premier Division to Division One, due to the fact the first team at the time were in the Wearside League
2. Despite twice finishing in a promotion place, Pocklington Town Reserves have twice been denied promotion to the York League’s Premier Division, due to the first team’s continued membership of the Humber Premier League’s Premier Division (also at Step 7).

(This post was edited by Sarumio on Sep 18, 2019, 1:34 PM)

BDA_85
First Team Regular

Sep 18, 2019, 12:55 PM

Post #65 of 90 (4129 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sorry that is what I had meant - I typed the wrong step number. Yes, Hebburn Town Reserves could not go up to Step 6 as the first team at Step 5 failed to go up to Step 4. Had the first team gone up, the Reserves could have gone up to Step 6 thus maintaining the two step separation rule.

But Sherwood Colliery Saints could apply...

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 18, 2019, 2:38 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #66 of 90 (4053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

But Sherwood Colliery Saints could apply...

AFC Dunkirk could too. Despite being our de facto reserve side, they're registered as a separate club to get round the NSL's "no reserves in the Premier" rule.

And I am aware that Sherwood are in the CML, not NSL

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 8:00 AM

Post #67 of 90 (3656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If Dunkirk FC are not promoted this season, could AFC Dunkirk theoretically join them in the same division next season? I know this would probably be impractical

(This post was edited by Reborn Yellow on Sep 19, 2019, 9:22 AM)

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 5:27 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #68 of 90 (3357 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If Dunkirk FC are not promoted this season, could AFC Dunkirk theoretically join them in the same division next season? I know this would probably be impractical

In theory, yes

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2019, 11:34 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #69 of 90 (2612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to clarify the situation re Lyne of the Surrey Elite Intermediate league, I hopped them yesterday and asked a committee member, who said the groundshare with Ascot United was sanctioned by the FA last May, so promotion shouldn't be an issue if they finish high enough in the SEIL this season.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Lyne committee man confirmed there'd been no problem with neighbouring non-League clubs re getting a groundshare - they were simply made a very good offer by Ascot United.

(This post was edited by Ashtree RockBee on Sep 22, 2019, 11:53 AM)

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Sep 23, 2019, 11:19 AM

Post #70 of 90 (2184 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
These are the clubs that are either planning to apply or are weighing it up in the northeast:
NRL: Grangetown Boys Club, Redcar Town & Boro Rangers
WL: Horden Community Welfare, Wolviston, Richmond Town & Hebburn Town Reserves(there will be more)
NA: Newcastle Blue Star, AFC Killingworth & Blyth Town

Rugby Borough have made the necessary ground improvements and will be applying from the LSL.

South Liverpool, Allscott Heath, Foley Meir, Euxton Villa, Rochdale Sacred Heart, Stockport Georgians, Newark Town, Harworth Colliery, Clay Cross Town, Pinxton, Woodthorpe Park Rangers, Lincoln Moorlands Railway, Ilkley Town, Harleston Town, Buckhurst Hill & Shirehampton are all either applying or having committee meetings on whether they’re applying.

I take it Alscott Heath know they need floodlights right?

There weren't any when I went past it the other day.

KnowYourMarket

Sep 23, 2019, 2:12 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #71 of 90 (2030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HollowTalker] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They need planning permission for lights and the necessary funding in place before the deadline but not the lights just yet.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

windydcfc

Sep 23, 2019, 3:13 PM

Post #72 of 90 (1970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rochdale Sacred Heart issues are pitch size, floodlights & covered accommodation. Stockport Georgians issues are the same, except the pitch size is okay.

Non League Projection - 2020/21: https://docs.google.com/...UTgVhKYTo/edit#gid=0

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 23, 2019, 3:43 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #73 of 90 (1932 views)
Shortcut

Stockport Georgians have a splendid covered terrace. Just no seats - not that they'd need them immediateiy upon entry to step 6 anyway.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Sep 23, 2019, 5:28 PM

Post #74 of 90 (1830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Step 7 applicants 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why are Eastwood Dev in the NSL Premier? Are they a 'separate' club?

windydcfc

Sep 23, 2019, 6:43 PM

Post #75 of 90 (1750 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Why are Eastwood Dev in the NSL Premier? Are they a 'separate' club?

If my recollection is correct, they were in the CML1S and won promotion to step 7. It was the season that the FALC decided to move a few clubs around at step 7. So a couple of clubs moved from the CML to the NSL & vice versa. There doesn’t need to be a two step gap for clubs & their Reserves between steps 6 & 7.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3