Sep 8, 2019, 7:11 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #51 of 71 (3209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Warwickian] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spanish Tercera Division Group XII - Canarias
Campo de Futbol Salvador Ledesma
CD Vera 2 UD San Fernando 2
Admission: EUR 8 No paper Attendance: 125 (guess)

On holiday with Mrs Dog for a quick week's sun and seemed rude not to tick a new country off! We stay at my parents' holiday flat in Playa San Juan in the sunny south and this was played 60km away in Puerto de la Cruz in the cloudy north. Fortunately my folks have a small SEAT, so it was a 70 minute drive on TF-1, TF-82 and TF-5 skirting the Teide volcano.
Ground is easy to find off TF-5 (exit 38); fully walled perimeter with an open terrace/seating stand down one side (where all spectator accommodation is. There is lower level seating for the noisier home contingent. Pitch is 4G.
A cracking game was watched; the visitors were from Gran Canaria and had made the better start; this was week 3 of the season. Skill levels were high (this is Level 4 of the Spanish pyramid).
Home side made several chances but the away side led on 32 with a thumping header froma corner. HT 0-1.
Second half, the home side scored a beauty of a free-kick into the top corner on 55 but gave away a silly penalty on 70 which was converted at the second chance. Equaliser scrambled in after poor defending on 80 sand then a frenetic last 10.
All played under a cloudy sky, but back 'home' to a blazing hot south. Will be doijng more of these in future holidays.

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 67 Goals: 274 GPG: 4.07 New Grounds: 39

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Sep 8, 2019, 7:13 PM)

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 8, 2019, 8:04 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #52 of 71 (3091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Warwickian] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thornaby 2-2 Ossett United

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round, admission £6, coffee £1, Twix £1, att:204

A team rooted at the bottom of their step 5 league against an average step 4 side. An entertaining game where spoils were rightfully shared. Ossett did have a goal ruled out late on which would have put them 3-1 up. Thornaby equalised in the 94th minute.

Decent set up here with a stage type structure next to the open stand behind the goal. Nice seated stand on the near side. A heath robinson long cover behind the other goal and a bus shelter giving cover on the far side. On arrival at the ground I was directed along a dirt track to another football pitch from which you make your way down a steepish dirt path down to the ground. It may have been a good idea if the club had removed the concrete block from this pitch!

Whilst the roads were busy going north it kept moving and gave me time to pop in to the Lanehouse chippy for a portion of chips cooked in proper fat for £1.90. Straight forward journey home and back at 730pm.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Sep 8, 2019, 8:05 PM)

The Moose
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2019, 8:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #53 of 71 (2952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ST. PIRAN LGE WEST: ST. DAY 6 MOUSEHOLE RESSIES 0

ADM: £3 (donation). PROG: No. ATT: h/c 30

Completed this division yes’day, albeit probably only till next season when someone new from the Combo come up. Personally, I love this part of the world & despite it being over 200 miles from HQ, tiz a pleasure to keep having an excuse to visit deepest Kernow. Cracking clubhouse, with overhang cover to complement the small cover on the dugouts side. Fully railed now the leather on willow mob have finished, with the seconds pitch adjoining.

Last week they issued paper to cuddle, but not this time. It seems they’ll be a sporadic issuer i.e. Cornwall cup ties, so best to check if progs are your thing. There’s no rule saying anyone has to issue mind in the new St. Piran league, but that doesn’t detract from some lovely settings. St. Day romped to an easy win, & should’ve scored many more too. Staff / volunteers here were very polite & helpful, as you’d hope all clubs could be. Around two miles from Redruth, but easy enough to find by chariot. Need to move on to finishing the East division next!

KRTM :-)

NeilH
Youth Team Star

Sep 8, 2019, 10:32 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #54 of 71 (2745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stamford 1 Witham Town 0
FA Cup
Early arrival in Stamford gave us plenty of time to enjoy some beers with the locals before heading up to the new ground. I had been to the old Wothorpe Road ground a few times over the years and must admit I wasn't expecting too much excitement for the new place. On reflection didn't think it was that bad, helped by the large grass bank opposite the seated area which gave the place a bit of an enclosed feel.
Good to see some memorabilia in the club house, including a photo of Jeremy Biggs RIP, SAFC super-statto. Not so sure about the Stamford AFC beer but not a disaster.
As for the match, Stamford thoroughly deserved their victory with Witham only creating a couple of decent chances throughout the game.
Back to the town centre post-match to meet up with friends who had been to the Burghley Horse Trials before heading home via the train.

essexian
Youth Team Regular

Sep 9, 2019, 8:18 AM

Team(s):

Post #55 of 71 (2491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NeilH] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Staffordshire County Senior League Division 1

City of Stoke V AFC Alsager H/T 0-4 F/T 0-8
F&N
Attn 16 HC.

Surprised no one has covered match so far given that it was the newly named (and unmerged) clubs first game at their new home venue. More on the venue in a bit.

So, onto the match. What would you not like from your first home match of the season: certainly not what CofS got, namely being two goals down within three minutes: the first from the penalty spot and the second from a tap in at the far post after a low cross from the right wing dissected the home defence, what’s what!

It got worse on 20 minutes when a third goal was conceded, while a cock up between a defender and the home goalie (who had made a couple of useful saves up to that point as well) resulted in the fourth on 36. The home side did force two saves from the visiting keeper but the game was mostly one way traffic in the first half.

After a very short break, the second half was a little more even to start with as the home side found some shape and were able to stop the visitors from finding the space they had in the first half. Indeed, it took until the 74 minute until they made it five after the ball was hammered home from close range after the keepers first block had spun up nicely for the visiting player.

Three goals in the last six minutes including an excellent lob gave the score line a one sided look, which to be fair, the quality of the visitors play deserved. For some reason, the ref blew up 2 minutes early within seconds of the restart after the eight goal had gone in.

I saw AFC a couple of weeks back on a rubbish pitch and thought they could hardly play. Put them on an excellent pitch like the one at CofS and their passing and movement will cause issues for any club at this level. I expect them to walk this league….so go and watch them lose tonight (Monday) at Ball Haye Green!

Right a few words on the new venue…. To find it, go to the middle of nowhere and there it is! Actually while it is in the middle of nowhere: there is one house within half a mile of the ground I would say, it’s easy to get to being just off of the A53 near J15 of the M6. I doubt there is any public transport nearby so a car may be needed. Care however is needed when accessing the A53 is a very fast and the turn to the venue an almost dead one meaning you need care when approaching. The same when leaving as the sightlines aren’t very good. There is a large overflow car part capable of holding far more cars than will ever attend a match here.

The venue itself has large unused club house with loos (please put locks on the doors!) and a main pitch which is railed on three sides. There is no cover and a slight slope from one side to the other although this did not cause any issues in play. I don’t think this is a venue for midwinter as I can see it being quite cold as its quite exposed.

(This post was edited by essexian on Sep 9, 2019, 8:20 AM)

KnowYourMarket

Sep 9, 2019, 9:55 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #56 of 71 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [essexian] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So what is the venue? I can only assume you are referring to North Stafford Sports Club in Whisper Lane?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 10:20 AM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #57 of 71 (2326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nobody's Heroes] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round

Charnock Richard 0 Irlam 4

Mossie Park, Charnock Richard

Admission - £5 Programme - £2 Attendance - 209

Irlam eased their way into the 2nd qualifying round by scoring two in each half in this fixture which paired two clubs from the NWCFL Premier Division.

Mossie Park was a picture in the early Autumn sunshine with a golf course to one side and Charnock St. James taking on Mawdesley in a cricket fixture on the other. Indeed, the hour before kick off was spent watching Mawdesley toil at the crease to an eventual 89 all out and a 5 wicket defeat (was easy to watch the cricket during breaks in the football also).

Excellent parking facilities next to the ground and a programme worthy of the £2 cost gave an excellent early impression. The ground is very neat and tidy with the clubhouse situated across the road from the new ground on the location of their previous pitch. One small seated area down the golf course side and a small covered standing area behind one goal were suffice on a day when standing in the sunshine was preferable. Also a very firendly tea hut where team sheets were readily available as were club badges.

Easy access to and from the M6 after the game and a smooth run back into north Wales, home by 7.30pm.

Also at this, breaking journey on way up to the Lake District for a weeks holiday. Really liked the club and thought their approach to playing style much easier on the eye than Irlams, just impotent in front of goal. Penalty looked hugely doubtful from where I was standing, and the ref only played six seconds added time when there had been at least 4 subs in the second half. I feature in blurred form in a red jacket in the report/picture in the NL Paper! Scooped Mrs WBs Palace from NT/Old Rufford Hall and we continued without problem up to Bowness.

2019-20 - 32 games, last Loughborough Foxes v Nottm Forest Women 10/10, goals 101, avgpg 3.15, new grounds 9. Last - Loughborough University 10/10.
New Grounds in 2019 - 22. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1215.
RL Grounds - 34 (Last - Craven Park, Barrow - 8/9/19), Speedway Tracks 50.

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 12:00 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #58 of 71 (2262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Westfields 5-1 Ardley United (HEL)
- played at Allpay Park, Widemarsh Common, Hereford from 3.0pm

Att – 154 (official); Entry - £7; Prog - £1.50; Cuppa and Chips for £2
Weather – lovely mild day with sun breaking through
Travel – 6-hour round trip .. using the direct routes
Colours – claret tops and light blue shorts for the hosts .. yellow tops and black shorts for the visitors.

Well with Mrs hh losing her fixture at Fratton .. and she then wandering off in the direction of Gunwharf for shopping .. I set about completing the Hellenic Premier, which allowed the reconnoitring of Herefordshire, which always helps when knowing you’ll be back another four times this season, to take in more of those Hellenic Div 1 West clubs.

First stop was "next door" to our chosen game today, to see how County FA and Hereford Lads are getting along, awaiting the completion of their all-weather .. and given the fencing is still going up and only the base tarmac down, there could be some pressure on the contractor about now, given that the Lads first planned home fixture of the season is due in a couple of weeks .. so I can see their fixtures getting reversed this month at least .. but still good to see developments, which I’ll revisit in the depth of winter, when the rains come and the synthetic required.

Next door however, was the main event and where we found another small car park and Allpay Park .. what a gem this is .. yes, the pitch is undulating down the far end and those pitch-side barriers will need infills in time but with a great Clubhouse, good information over the tannoy, a straight forward ample sized main stand and a couple of covered terracing sections each side of the dugouts on far side .. then just add the simple food hatch and picnic tables, before seeing six goals and the hosts easing their way to the top of the Hellenic Premier League.

.. which was somewhat strange and not expected as Ardley came in unbeaten after their first five games and unfortunately found out in this one, having a tough day out west .. conceding a couple in the first half on 4 and 17, to their only response on 10 mins .. and then blown away in the second, when another three were dispatched on 49, 52 and 65 .. with some very well taken goals .. all very enjoyable for the neutral, as we moved on home, wishing both clubs all the best for the season.

Grounds = 621, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 80; New Grounds (19/20) = 65; Goals (19/20) = 352; Ave goals/game = 4.40; Last new ground = Barton Rovers; Next = Weds 23rd Oct 2019

bomaya
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 12:38 PM

Team(s): Merstham and Chelsea

Post #59 of 71 (2202 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Windy] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round - Liversedge 0 Stockton Town 2 - Admission £6 - Programme £1.50 - Attendance 286

I did say on Tuesday that I apologised in advance to whichever club I visited today as my record of successive away wins had reached 7 - well, make that 8 now and again, a hearty sorry to whichever club I go to for a cup replay on Tuesday night.

Also at this and don't worry it was actually my fault.. Three times I've now seen my new local club and I've yet to see them win. Thought they shaded it in the first half too which was a surprise.

Agree about the poor quality of the programme. Shame as rest of the experience (sun and beer watching half-decent football) was pretty good.

richiejenn
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 1:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #60 of 71 (2166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 7th September 2019 @2.45pm
Kent County League Premier Division
HAWKINGE TOWN 7-1 OTFORD UNITED
Sports Pavilion, Off Canterbury Road CT18 7AY (sat nav)

Admission: free
Programme: sometimes but not today
Attendance: 22

A stagecoach dayrider ticket was all I needed to travel to today’s match. 2 buses with the change and stop off in Canterbury with nice food at Panteli’s and a drink at the Wetherspoon, Thomas Ingoldsby.

The nearest bus stop is Reinden Wood on bus 16 which is a 10 minute walk from the ground. The club has a modern building with large screen and a cafe inside. Outside there are 2 junior pitches that you walk past to get to the first team pitch which is roped off on one touchline for spectators and has temporary chairs on the opposite sides for the 2 team technical areas. The pitch is lined with threes on 3 sides to give a more closed in feel.

The match was very entertaining with Hawkinge playing with half a team under 18 years old, including the goalkeeper who pulled of a great save reminiscent of Gordon Banks from Pelé in 1970. The home side was 2-0 up at the break but Otford looked like they would get back into the match until a free kick on the hour hit the top corner to make it 3-0. A thrashing then ensued including a hat trick from number 7. This should help confidence after the heavy defeats so far this season including a 10-0 reverse at Staplehurst.

Tim

Sep 9, 2019, 5:15 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #61 of 71 (1956 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barnstaple 1 Fremington Reserves 2 (North Devon League Senior Division) Att: 20 h/c f&n

Described nicely above. The ground was better than I expected with permanent dugouts for each of the pitches. Fine company from Paul and Andy as ever, which helped during some of the slower moments of the game.

Then onward to:

Hartland Clovelly 0 Park United 2 (North Devon League Brayford Cup) Att: 18 h/c f&n

This was a much better game, and much closer than expected. Park dominatd the first half, two goals not really reflecting the difference between the teams. Hartland's defence was much improved after the break but they never really threatend to score. Very good standard of football and although quite competitive, all very well behaved too.

The ground, in North Street, is a cracker, with a fine side to side and end to end slope, large permanent dugout block on the far side and crscking views across north Devon. I'm really glad I sat in the caravan and tractor-led queues - it was well worth it in the end.

Fine day out and many thanks to DesselSportsFan for flagging up the early kick off. Keep 'em coming, Paul....

Chris1963

Sep 9, 2019, 8:47 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #62 of 71 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Saturday 7th September 2019 @2.45pm
Kent County League Premier Division
HAWKINGE TOWN 7-1 OTFORD UNITED
Sports Pavilion, Off Canterbury Road CT18 7AY (sat nav)

Admission: free
Programme: sometimes but not today
Attendance: 22

The nearest bus stop is Reinden Wood on bus 16 which is a 10 minute walk from the ground.

The match was very entertaining with Hawkinge playing with half a team under 18 years old, including the goalkeeper who pulled of a great save reminiscent of Gordon Banks from Pelé in 1970. The home side was 2-0 up at the break but Otford looked like they would get back into the match until a free kick on the hour hit the top corner to make it 3-0. A thrashing then ensued including a hat trick from number 7. This should help confidence after the heavy defeats so far this season including a 10-0 reverse at Staplehurst.

I don't know if you have seen my WDYG report on Hawkinge the previous Saturday but I apologise if you had been expecting a programme as a result of that report. It appears that if they are going to issue for a particular home game, then they will show a picture of it on twitter.

Another point to make - I mentioned in my report that the nearest bus stop to the ground is route number 73. This stops outside Cricketers Close. The ground's address is Pavilion Road according to Google Maps although there is no physical signage at the road itself.

Anyway, quite a surprising result even though Otford are currently second from bottom of the table.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 9, 2019, 11:47 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #63 of 71 (1630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Takeley 0-1 Potters Bar Town
Attendance 160
Admission £2 including programme

Engineering works meant trains from my local area were diverting via Staines and it would have taken two hours to get from Brockenhurst to Clapham Junction so drove to Sunningdale where all trains were making an additional stop at Vauxhall which meant an easy connection on the Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale where I caught the Stansted Express to the airport, about a 35 minute walk to Takeley.

Liked the ground more than expected with two brick built stands, one on each side, a ramshackle cover the other side of the dugouts from the smaller of the two stands and a slight overhang of the clubhouse on the main stand side. Also a small single step terrace behind the near goal. Ground enclosed by trees on three sides with a footpath behind the north side which I believe was once a railway line, the main road which slopes down a steep gradient past the ground at the west end is called Station Road, a mobile home park surrounds the south and east sides with a strange wooden tree house like building overlooking the ground in the corner.

As for the game, the visitors, 2 leagues higher, put the hosts under pressure in the first half hour but couldn't break them down. A more even second half until the last 15 minutes when the visitors stepped it up again, the closest they came was rattling the crossbar from 20 yards out but it looked like the hosts would hold out until deep into stoppage time when a cross from the left was met at the far post by Bradley Sach whose downward header bounced up over the keeper who got a hand to the ball but couldn't prevent it going into the net. Cheered the goal just as loudly as the vociferous away support as I had avoided a 0-0 by the skin of my teeth! Saved on bus fare by walking back to Stansted Airport station making the 1730 train with 4 minutes to spare, road has pavements but no street lighting even in built up Takeley so not a walk you can make in midweek or after the clocks go back.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Sep 10, 2019, 12:58 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #64 of 71 (1606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Montpelier Villa 4 v 2 Worthing Town Southern Combination Div 2 Admission Free & Prog Free Att 18
Montpelier Villa play at the Falmer Sports Complex which is on the opposite side of the A27 to Brighton's ground. Not much parking here not helped by a hockey match being played on an adjacent pitch. Montpelier Villa play on a 3G pitch inside a cage spectators allowed on one side which is covered. Henfield Bee advises that he saw them play here on a grass pitch, now seems the pitch has been converted from grass to 3G. Programmes were left in a box, they had a £2 price tag but no one to collect the money.
Montpelier Villa dominated the match, but went behind after 30 minutes thanks to an own goal, the home defender not looking at his keeper and heading the ball over him into the net. Despite having a large number of shots at goal the home team found themselves 2 goals behind in the second half when a Worthing forward shot from the edge of the area and the home keeper was slow in diving, allowing the ball to go under him. The home teams continued pressure finally came to fruition when they scored 4 goals in the last 20 minutes.

bd
Youth Team Regular

Sep 10, 2019, 9:09 AM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #65 of 71 (1467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A first trip to:
Wantage Town (0)0-(2)3 Supermarine
FA Cup First Round Qualifying
Att 168

Not been here before despite it being fairly close to home.
An unremarkable game that we comfortably ran out winners in with the home side rarely testing our keeper.
Goals in the first and 36 minutes meant the second half was played at an almost pre-season processional pace with very little of note happening on a very hard and bumpy pitch.
Veteran striker Stuart Fleetwood sealed the game with 6 minutes remaining.
Main stand down one side with the rest of the ground hard standing around the pitch. A large grassy run off area behind the goal at the clubhouse end, gave it an old school Stamford Bridge feel, or somewhere where there may previously have been a dog or speedway or athletics track around the outside.
Hosts very welcoming, very friendly club all round.
One for the "if they're playing and nobody else is local" clubs list I feel.

Chris1963

Sep 10, 2019, 3:41 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #66 of 71 (1281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bd] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Juniors, West Region Championship (2 pm)

Irvine Victoria 0 Darvel Juniors 1 (H/T 0-0)

Programme - £1 for 28 pages

Crowd – c. 180

With dry weather being forecast for the west of Scotland this Saturday (in fact, it actually felt warmer than had been forecast, thanks to the sunshine and calm conditions) I thought that this would be an ideal time to tick Irvine Victoria’s current ground, given that the club may have to stop playing there in the foreseeable future. This was the second time in just under three years that I had been to the town since my visit to Irvine Meadow (a WDYG post for that match can be found on here) and while I would have preferred a bigger interval between the two trips, the fact that Irvine Victoria’s ground is under threat forced my hand. Unlike the trip I made to Blantyre two weeks previously, I did not oversleep and so was able to travel up on the 06.05 train. This arrived on time and the train to Irvine also ran without any problems. In contrast with my visit to Irvine Meadow, I did not bring a map with me this time because the ground is clearly visible right next to the railway line as the train approaches Irvine from Glasgow. It took me just seven minutes to walk from the station to the ground, which is located at the end of Boyle Street, a cul-de-sac which was known as Cochrane Street when the ground first opened in 1937.

It is a rather ramshackle old ground, with concrete terracing on two sides but nothing on the other two sides. The west side has three shallow steps of concrete terracing for its full length, with two separate covers on this side. A large dugout for the home team has been constructed over the terracing on this side, but the gap from the touchline on this side is so narrow that there is a risk of players becoming injured if they collide with the breeze-block perimeter wall. There is a corrugated iron fence supported by wooden posts forming the tight ground perimeter on this side. Beyond the ground on this side is lots of open land, mostly covered by vegetation or bare concrete (perhaps the site of an old factory) which could be attractive to a housing developer, as is shown in the link to a local newspaper report which I have provided elsewhere on this forum. Behind the north goal is a large grass practice area, with not even a rope to provide a barrier. The east side is also not open to spectators as there is no room for anything other than the visiting team’s dugout, with a steep embankment leading up to the railway line. Behind the south goal is the largest amount of spectator accommodation, with up to around ten or so steps of shallow concrete terracing divided in the middle by a clubhouse/dressing-room building. This building may well date back to 1937 but it is hard to tell as it is wrapped in modern steel cladding. The interior is rather cramped, a situation made worse by the fact that the small clubroom is situated between the dressing-rooms, and this means that spectators are not allowed to use it during half-time. The clubroom has a very old photograph of Queen Victoria on the wall, perhaps as a nod to the club’s name. If the club are forced to leave, at least any new ground they move to can only be an improvement on Victoria Park.

Darvel, who were top of the table, had brought a large following with them, perhaps over half the crowd in fact. Some of their fans were wearing replica shirts and scarves. This was very impressive considering that Darvel is only a small village, although the fact that the team was top of the table was obviously the main reason for the sizeable travelling support. Unlike the match at Blantyre in the same division two weeks previously, it was pleasing to see that there were neutral referee’s assistants officiating in this match. The game started at a fast pace, with both sides going close in the opening 20 minutes or so, but then quietened down somewhat without ever becoming dull. I was starting to wonder if a goalless draw was on the cards when the visitors headed home a corner in the 74th minute for the only goal of the game. After the game had ended, I caught the 16.06 train which arrived back at Glasgow Central on time (16.40) which was also the time that the penultimate direct train to London was due to leave. This was delayed by about five minutes, so I was able to board it rather than having to wait for the 17.40 train. By the time the train had reached Carlisle, the delay had increased to around 18 minutes, but the train somehow managed to recover the lost time after then and arrived back at Euston punctually.

Ancient Wolf
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 10, 2019, 3:43 PM

Team(s): Middlesbrough and Norton and Stockton Ancients

Post #67 of 71 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Madeley White Star 7 Wyrley Titans 1 Staffordshire Senior League division 2 ht 2-0 att 25
Excellent day out and good to see two first teams in this division which is nearly all reserves and development sides. Madeley play on a roped pitch off pitch behind the school sports centre. They issued a 12 page programme for a quid and a portable tea bar was set up next to the pitch serving hot and cold drinks and sweets. Kieran Brown got another four goals. I got the hourly bus from Crewe station (D & G 85) which takes 25 minutes and stops outside the school.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 10, 2019, 10:07 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #68 of 71 (1145 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Takeley 0-1 Potters Bar Town
Attendance 160
Admission £2 including programme

Slip of the keys, admission was £7. Programme was listed as £2 on the board but the gateman only charged me £7 for both.

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 10:14 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #69 of 71 (824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks to Dottirofhod for clearing this up. He found out from Rugby's Twitter account. Rugby were playing at Kilsby Lane where of course Rugby Borough are also playing, along, I believe, with their reserves. There are two pitches there, one of which is 3G. All very confusing especially as I have done the 3G pitch but not the other one.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

Sm1d
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 12, 2019, 5:39 PM

Team(s): Heed & Toon

Post #70 of 71 (695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

New York City 2-1 New England Revolution
MLS East Conference
Admission $30

https://100groundsclub.blogspot.com/...-yankee-stadium.html

http://100groundsclub.blogspot.co.uk

#HeedHopper

Forest Gump
Youth Team Star

Sep 13, 2019, 9:01 AM

Post #71 of 71 (582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sm1d] Saturday 7th Sep. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Epping 2-1 Corinthian
Essex Olympian League Cup

Fiesty game between two sides both promoted from the 4th division to the 2nd in the summer.

10-man Epping scored in the 88th and 119th minutes for a deserved victory.

Full report and more photos: http://andrzejperkins.co.uk/...rinthian-aet-7-9-19/

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3