Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Helsinki again

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 6, 2019, 3:13 PM

Post #1 of 1 (508 views)
Shortcut
Helsinki again Can't Post or Reply Privately

My wife decided she would like to return to Helsinki and in view of Barry Town being away we decided on the date and it looked like HJK would be playing in the Europa League. Unfortunately they lost on away goals to Riga. We managed however to get 2 revisits in to grounds I enjoy.

Sat 31 August Mustapekka Areena IF Gnistan 2 SalPa 1 Kakkonen Group B
Entry bought online 4.50 plus 1.50 = 6 Euros Pensioner rate. There is only one stand. Programme Free 4 page Badge 5 Euros Beer a bottle with club name on 7.30 Euros

This was my 3rd visit but the first time I have seen anyone win. SalPa started well and took the lead with a 19th minute penalty. Gnistan replied in the 58th with the winner with an excellent chip in the 77th.

We caught a 52 bus from its first stop Munkkiniemi and alighted at Norrtaljentie.The ground is on the opposite side of the road.

Gnistan remain top of the division by 10 points after the weekend.

Sun 1 September Telia 5g Areena HJK 2 RoPS (Rovaniemi) Att 7931 Entry 25 Euros (main stand) pensioner Programme was a team sheet. Only appeared to be in main stand. After game did not see others with one. Badge 3 Euros Beer a half litre 8 Euros

My 6th visit however my first to see a top Finnish game. All the others have been UEFA club tournaments. Ground is easily found by tram 2 4 10 from the city centre. Match tickets bought on the day. Mine was 10 euros less than my wifes. At both grounds it was 5 euros more to buy tickets than online. We had thought about Lahti which was the reason not bought in advance. An early home goal set the tone for an excellent game with RoPS scoring 2 before a 73rd minute equaliser.

The crowd was more than expected with around 150 away supporters although in view of the distance not sure how many actually live in Helsinki.

There is now a split like many countries. HJK finished 4th with RoPS 10th.

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on Sep 6, 2019, 3:20 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3