Budapest november

highlandcowden
Junior Team Sub

Sep 5, 2019, 9:09 AM

Team(s): cowdenbeath

Post #1 of 7 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Budapest november Can't Post or Reply Privately

im away in Budapest in late November-ive checked the fixtures for that weekend on soccerway but what im wondering is how much of a pain is it to get into a game there-can tickets be purchased on the day of the game at the ground,do I need a fancard/passport etc?any advice gratefully received

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Sep 6, 2019, 4:08 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #2 of 7 (835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [highlandcowden] Budapest november [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
im away in Budapest in late November-ive checked the fixtures for that weekend on soccerway but what im wondering is how much of a pain is it to get into a game there-can tickets be purchased on the day of the game at the ground,do I need a fancard/passport etc?any advice gratefully received

Have only done Ujpest but you needed to show your passport at the ticket office. No problems in getting tickets after that. Only discovered this when we were sat in a bar following receipt of a message that the speedway in Debrecen, which we had gone over for, had been rained off.

A quick check on their website as we were setting off for the ground, revealed this requirement , so we sent the younger and fitter member of our group of 5 back to the hotel, to get them, while the rest suffered over a further couple of beers.

Obviously the match is the thing, but we chose Ujpest owing to them doing programmes, which were in plentiful supply on each seat and in boxes next to the stands. It however seems that most if not all Budpaest teams issue, if that floats your boat. Whatever, enjoy.

highlandcowden
Junior Team Sub

Sep 6, 2019, 6:41 PM

Post #3 of 7 (809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Budapest november [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Have only done Ujpest but you needed to show your passport at the ticket office. No problems in getting tickets after that. Only discovered this when we were sat in a bar following receipt of a message that the speedway in Debrecen, which we had gone over for, had been rained off.

A quick check on their website as we were setting off for the ground, revealed this requirement , so we sent the younger and fitter member of our group of 5 back to the hotel, to get them, while the rest suffered over a further couple of beers.

Obviously the match is the thing, but we chose Ujpest owing to them doing programmes, which were in plentiful supply on each seat and in boxes next to the stands. It however seems that most if not all Budpaest teams issue, if that floats your boat. Whatever, enjoy.

so it was just passports required to get the tickets,no fan card?when was this?
assuming all the top division games ko at the same time I fancy ujpest anyway,its near an attraction I want to see.
thanks for the reply

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Sep 6, 2019, 9:24 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #4 of 7 (781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [highlandcowden] Budapest november [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

so it was just passports required to get the tickets,no fan card?when was this?
assuming all the top division games ko at the same time I fancy ujpest anyway,its near an attraction I want to see.
thanks for the reply

It is a couple of years ago now. Although they were playing fellow Budapest team, MTK, it was not classed as a top category match, like Honved or Ferencvaros would be. Although club cards are the norm it still says on their website that passports are OK for overseas fans, so I would assume this applies to all clubs.

Our only slight concern was, if you do take in Ujpest, there was only one bus back to the metro station (IIRC the first Ujpest one and not the terminus) after our evening kick off and far more people at the stop than it would carry. However the driver got everyone on. Laugh

highlandcowden
Junior Team Sub

Sep 7, 2019, 8:39 AM

Post #5 of 7 (731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Budapest november [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

It is a couple of years ago now. Although they were playing fellow Budapest team, MTK, it was not classed as a top category match, like Honved or Ferencvaros would be. Although club cards are the norm it still says on their website that passports are OK for overseas fans, so I would assume this applies to all clubs.

Our only slight concern was, if you do take in Ujpest, there was only one bus back to the metro station (IIRC the first Ujpest one and not the terminus) after our evening kick off and far more people at the stop than it would carry. However the driver got everyone on. Laugh

again,all very helpful so thanks again

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 12, 2019, 7:35 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #6 of 7 (550 views)
Shortcut

Not sure if they’re at home that weekend but for the benefit of anyone else going to Budapest if not, you need to register in advance at the ground for any Ferencvaros home game. They will check your passport and take a palm print. Whilst they will give you a paper ticket, it’s your palm that will get you in on a scanner at the turnstiles. I never showed the ticket at all as I recall, I think it would only be to move between sections inside perhaps, and as a souvenir.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (956) Wellington 0-2 Exmouth Town
With FC United: 134
On the agenda:
15/10 FC United v Basford United
16/10 Ashland Rovers v Underwood Villa
19/10 Atherton Collieries v FC United

highlandcowden
Junior Team Sub

Sep 17, 2019, 8:10 AM

Post #7 of 7 (310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Budapest november [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

aye I read in a recent "football weekends" article about the palmprints at ferencvaros,very handy to know as theyre home that weekend

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3