Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 31st August 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 8:31 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #76 of 78 (333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coops] Saturday 31st August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SkyBet League 2

Boundary Park, Oldham

Oldham Athletic 0(0) Colchester United 1(1)

Blue Shirts & Shorts White Shirts / Grey Shorts

Attendance 3091 (145 Away)

Admission 10 (Old Gimmer) Programme 3 Parking (in nearby hospital car park) 5 ouch!

Chicken Curry Onion Bhaji Pie (!) 3.50 Tea 2

Having missed our cup win at Selhurst Park in midweek and being back up north I decided to head over the hills to Oldham. The game was never going to be a classic but three league points were very welcome. The only goal of the game came from a Frank Nouble break down the left followed by an excellent finish across the Latics keeper.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Sep 10, 2019, 12:10 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #77 of 78 (296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Saturday 31st August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sky Bet Championship

Brentford (3) 3 v 0 (0) Derby County

Season Ticket , Programme 3.50 , Attendance: 11,055 (1,676 away fans)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also here, Brentford dominated the game and unlike the Birmingham fixture at the beginning of the month, they took their first half chances scoring 3 times. Derby were poor, however Brentford were unable to add to their score.

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 10:47 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #78 of 78 (203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 31st August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Midlands League Division One Allscott Heath 9 Gornal Athletic 2 Admission 1 concession with free programme Attendance 60
A day trip by train for Airdrieonians v Falkirk had long been booked but on arrival at Coventry Station I discovered that a fatality at Canley had led to there being no trains to Birmingham until 10 so it was back home to consult my trusty Traveller where I eventually decided on one of the three WML grounds I needed, coupled with the two GBG pubs in Wellington. I was unable to follow the very precise (and entirely necessary) directions on the club's Full Time page as I had set off from Wellington. The postcode took me to a farmer's field and I spent sometime trying to find the ground, finally arriving 8 minutes late - and just as they kicked off.The ground is set in the wilds of rural Shropshire and it is clear that a lot of work has been done here with the aim of getting promotion. A new housing development is being built just over the road and the club are hoping to attract some of them as fans and already have planning permission for floodlights. There is a substantial car park with wooden fencing separating it from the ground, then a pay hut beyond this. On the right are all the buildings on the site which consist of the changing rooms and a refreshments room where toilets are also situated. There is hard standing as far as the dugouts on this side with a small area of cover for part of it which includes two metal benches and a chair. The hard standing stretches round behind the near goal but not to the far side which borders a cricket ground. There are a couple of Heath Robinson style seats on this side of the ground. A thrilling first half saw five goals including all three set piece goals for Allscott. However, it was one way traffic in the second half with Gornal's heads going down more and more as the goals kept rattling in.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3