Eniola Aluko and the FA black & whitewash

jon b
First Team Star

Aug 24, 2019, 2:22 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #1 of 3 (287 views)
Shortcut
Eniola Aluko and the FA black & whitewash Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is the first time I've seen Aluko's side of the story re her accusations of racism at the England Womens set-up whilst Mark Sampson was Manager, and the lack of support from teammates.

https://www.theguardian.com/...after-whistleblowing

It sounds worryingly credible.

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 28, 2019, 7:27 PM

Post #2 of 3 (183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Eniola Aluko and the FA black & whitewash [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You always have to bear in mind that this is one side of the story, but I find her very credible in the way she talks about things and I'm afraid my experiences of football (and society) don't work against what she says. Moreover, I cannot detect any motive for her to make these accusations unless they are genuine. She is a successful footballer with a high profile. Even if she were not performing to the level that she or others would like, for England, it's a big risk to start making those accusations, true or not.

On balance, I believe her and I'm disappointed at the way she was treated, and ashamed of my national FA for making such a pig's ear of the whole situation.

derekn
First Team Star

Aug 28, 2019, 10:10 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #3 of 3 (168 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Eniola Aluko and the FA black & whitewash [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

She was dropped, so sour grapes and/or revenge has to be possible. She's also a lawyer so making nonsense plausible will be second nature.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3