Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
EU Withdrawal Negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 Next page Last page  View All

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 8:03 AM

Team(s):

Post #4176 of 4292 (987 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Richard Rundle] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

This is a UK/Eire issue predominately and an UK/EU issue secondarily.

No, 100% wrong. It's a matter between the UK & the EU. Ireland have made this clear over the last three years.

Ha ha ha......No you 100% misunderstand.

Yes, Eire have reneged on their Sovereign responsibility......I completely agree with you on that.

What I'm saying is that once the Irish pull their heads out their arse and Varadker stops playing Johnny Big Bollox, they'll realise that to stop mayhem in the Emerald Isle actually engaging with the UK and not being Brussels puppet is the way to go.......I'm sure even you can see that if you're honest.

Try reading the report in the previous post........its very interesting!

MelChester
Junior Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 9:34 AM

Team(s):

Post #4177 of 4292 (967 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Surely on the whole it's leavers who want "yesterday's" job and remainers who embrace new jobs. I agree many jobs are doomed due to advancements.

Surely you didn't just post that and actually mean it?

That's tongue in cheek, am I right?

No it's from personal experience, infact it's blatantly obvious to many millions of folk.Many leavers don't want to embrace advancement, still want the old jobs, hanker for the old days. Remainers are the proactive ones who embrace technology, accept things are changing. Leavers denie climate change, remainers embrace renewable energy. The list is endless. Being in the EU with all it's many faults will see advancement, leaving without a deal will put the UK back 30 years. Isolation is not the way forward, and that is what Brexit is. You walk into a Wetherspoons and survey the long term unemployed, they on the whole will have voted leave, the majority are unemployed because they are unemployable nothing to do with the EU. You give them a job and they won't turn up. False promises and sound bites cost nothing, but in the end they are unachievable.

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 23, 2019, 10:09 AM

Post #4178 of 4292 (948 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [MelChester] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

People don't like change, that's nothing new.

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Aug 23, 2019, 2:29 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #4179 of 4292 (880 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Surely on the whole it's leavers who want "yesterday's" job and remainers who embrace new jobs. I agree many jobs are doomed due to advancements.

I'm not so sure that it's as simple as that Mel.

As alcohol is not my drug of choice I could neither agree nor disagree with your Wetherspoons observation.

My reason for voting to leave the EU had nothing to do with economics.
It was purely a political decision on my part.

I have no desire to see a federalised Europe led by Germany and France. I value my nations independence far more.

But it would seem from most of the contributors on here and our political elite, especially the Lib Dems and Labour parties, that maintaining the status quo economically is driving their opposition to our quitting the project.

I'm still convinced that the EU will implode sooner rather than later as recent events in Italy unfold and Germany the powerhouse economically of the bloc enters recession.

I've just returned from visiting relatives and friends in Germany and the current debate there is the 7:1 ratio and its effects. That is that it currently takes 7 workers to produce a standard internal combustion engined vehicle; whereas it only requires one worker to produce an electric powered vehicle. Currently there are some 800,000 involved in producing vehicles, representing 20% of that nations GDP.

What will happen when half a million lose their jobs to new technology is open to speculation. But to the credit of the Germans they are well aware of it and both the unions and business leaders with active government participation, are seeking to redeploy the engineering skills that this sector provides into new sectors such as green technologies.

Clearly this movement to a new digital age has not been fully embraced by the leaders and supporters of our political parties, although as I have stated in the past business is making great strides toward this new world.

We currently lead the world in offshore wind production and I can foresee a future where the UK is energy self sufficient whether we leave the EU with or without a deal.

It's time we left the 1970s solutions to our economic future behind and embrace the new age and its benefits that beckon.

ps..as a conservative nation we have been loath to embrace the new industries that currently thrive in the US, Canada and Portugal. To that end I support the legalisation of marijuana and its attendant health and other benefits. The tax take alone would go a long way to solving the funding problems of the NHS, but I don't expect to receive too much support for such radical ideas on this forum which is addicted to alcohol and all its attendant social problems. But that's another story altogether Wink

(This post was edited by Ronsdog on Aug 23, 2019, 2:50 PM)

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 2:51 PM

Post #4180 of 4292 (865 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Ronsdog] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

A Clever move by Angela Merkel

Johnson is no match for Angela Merkel as a politician. She's light years ahead of him. She's already seen off 4 UK prime ministers with Johnson likely to be the 5th. She's left him with an unsurmountable challenge. One that, if he accepted it would leave him with only one realistic course of action. The one that gives the EU what they want.

Anything else and it's "Nein".

Its even more clever than that. it's got him and Britain's problems off the EU's back for 30 days. They can get on with their business while the Tories prepare for their conference. The 30 days will be up during the Labour Party Conference. Labour will have all the media focused on them when Johnson goes back to the EU and gets the bums rush. Even Corbyn can make something of that.

Then, having failed dismally, Johnson will have to come back to the Tory Party conference with nothing to show for all his bluster. No glorious victory. No deal to boast about. No cake and eat it. No easiest trade deal in history.

Nothing.

And there will still be more than a month to go before the 31 October departure date. A lot can still happen in that time.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 3:12 PM

Post #4181 of 4292 (850 views)
Shortcut

No it's from personal experience, infact it's blatantly obvious to many millions of folk.Many leavers don't want to embrace advancement, still want the old jobs, hanker for the old days. Remainers are the proactive ones who embrace technology, accept things are changing. Leavers denie climate change, remainers embrace renewable energy. The list is endless. Being in the EU with all it's many faults will see advancement, leaving without a deal will put the UK back 30 years. Isolation is not the way forward, and that is what Brexit is. You walk into a Wetherspoons and survey the long term unemployed, they on the whole will have voted leave, the majority are unemployed because they are unemployable nothing to do with the EU. You give them a job and they won't turn up. False promises and sound bites cost nothing, but in the end they are unachievable.

I get where your coming from in my Local with many xenophobic old folks.
Tried to convince them that many of their fellow pensioners who most
Of them hate Helped to save 4500 uk jobs.

According to them the foreigners are either taking all the local peoples jobs or are all on benefits. Both at the same time!

coops
First Team Sub

Aug 23, 2019, 3:38 PM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #4182 of 4292 (835 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Towlawtom] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

According to them the foreigners are either taking all the local peoples jobs or are all on benefits. Both at the same time!

Schroedinger's Immigrants.

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 6:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #4183 of 4292 (784 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Gosh, who knew that the 17,400,000 Brexit voters were all unemployable Wetherspoons regulars.

Btw, how do you explain the fact that Leave won the InfoWar during the referendum , which involved 'Technology'.

But best of all ....Only Remainers want renewables!! Brilliant!

Btw, didn't you leave off a zero when you put '30 years', lol!

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 6:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #4184 of 4292 (783 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I bet they f*cking love it when you shuffle over and tell them how it is!

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 6:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #4185 of 4292 (781 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Btw, your reference to Scunthorpe is conflating seperate issues, You know that and I will highlight your disingenuity every time you do it!

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 6:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #4186 of 4292 (779 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [coops] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Schroedinger's Immigrants.

So the pensioners are correct!

MelChester
Junior Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 6:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #4187 of 4292 (777 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Gosh, who knew that the 17,400,000 Brexit voters were all unemployable Wetherspoons regulars.

Btw, how do you explain the fact that Leave won the InfoWar during the referendum , which involved 'Technology'.

But best of all ....Only Remainers want renewables!! Brilliant!

Is it Friday on your planet, come 31st October if we leave we will see. If my thoughts are wrong I will hold my hands up, if your thoughts are wrong I hope you do. It seems millions maybe billions havs been wasted over the years on people studying Economics as 90% plus of them are going to have egg on their face come the"bring back control "revolution.. I can remember the 70's I don't want to go back there but Life on Mars (oxygen required) is a far better prospect the a Boris Britain.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 7:15 PM

Post #4188 of 4292 (762 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I bet they f*cking love it when you shuffle over and tell them how it is!

Well I have to put them right Yatesman because they always come up with the same old bullshit like

1) Not being able to make our own laws
2) Unelected bureaucrats
3) Taking back control of our borders
4) The EU immigrants are a burden to our economy
5) They need us more then we need them.
6) Boris is a man of the people he will see us right.

Know what I mean !

(This post was edited by Towlawtom on Aug 23, 2019, 7:16 PM)

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 23, 2019, 7:23 PM

Post #4189 of 4292 (758 views)
Shortcut

You have to laugh at the pro brexit right wing press who have really tried to talk up Boris's visit to Merkel & Macron in trying to open up the withdrawal agreement

Merkel has just said to Johnson "we cant think of a way Britain can be outside the EU while Irelands in the EU and not have a border between one side in the EU and the other side out of the EU. But if you come up with one, good luck you great steaming buffoon. You've got one month"

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 23, 2019, 10:29 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #4190 of 4292 (722 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

No, 100% wrong. It's a matter between the UK & the EU. Ireland have made this clear over the last three years.

Yes, Eire have reneged on their Sovereign responsibility......I completely agree with you on that.

What I'm saying is that once the Irish pull their heads out their arse and Varadker stops playing Johnny Big Bollox, they'll realise that to stop mayhem in the Emerald Isle actually engaging with the UK and not being Brussels puppet is the way to go.......I'm sure even you can see that if you're honest.

Quite right - we should be a London puppet as opposed to a Brussels puppet. Not.
Your ignorance of the subtleties is not surprising as a perpetual blusterer. Johnson is full of shit and hasn't got a practical thought in his head. Maybe he'll build a garden bridge between the two entities - who knows what's in his head, but he's nowhere near as astute as Varadkar. Do we trust Brussels more than we trust London? Go on, have a wild guess..........
Still, carry on belittling all of lesser intelligence than you, which seems to be just about everyone according to you but three years down the line, millions of wasted words and wasted pounds later, it all comes back to what I said two years ago would undermine the entire Brexit strategy.
As I recall, you came up with some half-soaked comment about solving the issue through technology and two years later it's still a figment of someone's imagination.
100% off beam I'm afraid. Again.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 24, 2019, 8:15 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #4191 of 4292 (672 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

"During an appearance on BBC Radio 5 Live, Lucy Harris a member of the Brexit Party who is running in the European Elections in Yorkshire and Humber claimed that we might not see any benefits for another 30 years.

The clip, which also features pro-EU activists Femi Oluwole and Madeleina Kay, as well as presenter Nicky Campbell, Harris, states that Brexit must take place 'at any cost.'"

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-party-eu-elections-lucy-harris-economy-30-years-8919786

007Dale
First Team Star

Aug 24, 2019, 9:54 AM

Post #4192 of 4292 (654 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
"During an appearance on BBC Radio 5 Live, Lucy Harris a member of the Brexit Party who is running in the European Elections in Yorkshire and Humber claimed that we might not see any benefits for another 30 years.

The clip, which also features pro-EU activists Femi Oluwole and Madeleina Kay, as well as presenter Nicky Campbell, Harris, states that Brexit must take place 'at any cost.'"

To certain extent you canít put a price on sovereignty;
- freedom to make all your own laws
- freedom to trade with who you want to
- freedom to set and implement your own regulations
- freedom to allow who you want into your own country

Enough people were screaming about the economic impact during the referendum, but it still didnít matter to the 52%, because they put a higher price on those freedoms.

Many countries over the last century have put those freedoms ahead of economic benefit when declaring independence. Personally, iím Proud that in this day-and- age we, as a country, have had the balls to do it.

Good on us.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 24, 2019, 11:11 AM

Post #4193 of 4292 (622 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [007Dale] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

That's a load of bollox Mr Dale.

So all 17.4 million leave voters were happy to be poorer

I thought we were an independent country with the tory/democratic unionist party ruling our country or is that incorrect!

This is worth a read re your sovereignty nonsense

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/

(This post was edited by Towlawtom on Aug 24, 2019, 12:22 PM)

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 24, 2019, 11:48 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #4194 of 4292 (606 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [007Dale] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

To certain extent you canít put a price on sovereignty;
- freedom to make all your own laws
- freedom to trade with who you want to
- freedom to set and implement your own regulations
- freedom to allow who you want into your own country

Enough people were screaming about the economic impact during the referendum, but it still didnít matter to the 52%, because they put a higher price on those freedoms.

Many countries over the last century have put those freedoms ahead of economic benefit when declaring independence. Personally, iím Proud that in this day-and- age we, as a country, have had the balls to do it.

Good on us.

And don't forget the blue passports.

It's just as well it's priceless. It's cost so far, and we haven't even left, is around £70,000,000,000. £1000 per person.

A bargain.

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 24, 2019, 8:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #4195 of 4292 (515 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Quite right - we should be a London puppet as opposed to a Brussels puppet. Not.
Your ignorance of the subtleties is not surprising as a perpetual blusterer. Johnson is full of shit and hasn't got a practical thought in his head. Maybe he'll build a garden bridge between the two entities - who knows what's in his head, but he's nowhere near as astute as Varadkar. Do we trust Brussels more than we trust London? Go on, have a wild guess..........
Still, carry on belittling all of lesser intelligence than you, which seems to be just about everyone according to you but three years down the line, millions of wasted words and wasted pounds later, it all comes back to what I said two years ago would undermine the entire Brexit strategy.
As I recall, you came up with some half-soaked comment about solving the issue through technology and two years later it's still a figment of someone's imagination.
100% off beam I'm afraid. Again.

Thanks for berating me and accusing me of belittling other posters and the proceeding to belittle me yourself ................ I can't quite work out the logic in that !!

Anyone who has commented on the border issue has said that technological solutions are two years away from developing..............So if I said that was a possible solutuon two years ago I guess that had Remainers in Gov't ,Parliament and their cohorts in the wider world not spent the last two years bent over hollering up their anuses we could have that solution to hand right now!!!

Never mind, it's all good over here in Brexit land.

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 24, 2019, 8:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #4196 of 4292 (513 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-party-eu-elections-lucy-harris-economy-30-years-8919786

Femi-Sorry is a sad case.

Who pays for his campaign ?

Do remind me!

Yatesman
First Team Regular

Aug 24, 2019, 9:00 PM

Team(s):

Post #4197 of 4292 (502 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I thought we were an independent country with the tory/democratic unionist party ruling our country or is that incorrect!

I do pity you poor , deluded, frightened Remainers.

The UK is about to fall off a cliff, suffer a car crash economic meltdown, a catastrophic No Deal Brexit etc, etc
We will have no food, no medicine and no jobs..........We will be living in a post apocalyptic, dystopian hell on Earth...........

Well guess what.............I don't believe you.

I reckon you're full of shite.

You can't prove anything you say. It's just miserable, negative, reckless fearmongering and guesswork based on nothing more than your refusal to accept you were on the losing side in the referendum.

Sad as fuck to be honest.

And it has hampered our negotiations, emboldened and given succour our opponents and those that wish to see the UK harmed and suffer and created a divided society.

You have a lot to be truly ashamed of.

The funny thing is here in Brexit Britain everything is good

Our dream is soon to be reality and a bright future beckons

I feel so positive about this country's future I want to kiss the next person I meet x

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 25, 2019, 1:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #4198 of 4292 (421 views)
Shortcut

Could you watch the language please. It doesn't help the point you are trying to make.
Whatever that may be.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 25, 2019, 3:53 PM

Post #4199 of 4292 (373 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I do pity you poor , deluded, frightened Remainers.

The UK is about to fall off a cliff, suffer a car crash economic meltdown, a catastrophic No Deal Brexit etc, etc
We will have no food, no medicine and no jobs..........We will be living in a post apocalyptic, dystopian hell on Earth...........

Well guess what.............I don't believe you.

I reckon you're full of shite.

You can't prove anything you say. It's just miserable, negative, reckless fearmongering and guesswork based on nothing more than your refusal to accept you were on the losing side in the referendum.

Sad as fuck to be honest.

And it has hampered our negotiations, emboldened and given succour our opponents and those that wish to see the UK harmed and suffer and created a divided society.

You have a lot to be truly ashamed of.

The funny thing is here in Brexit Britain everything is good

Our dream is soon to be reality and a bright future beckons

I feel so positive about this country's future I want to kiss the next person I meet x

As I say if the brexiteers had talked up brexit over the past couple of years only half as much as the Remainers have talked up remain. it should have been a piece of piss to have had it delivered in March.

I'm not ashamed of anything. Hampered our negotiations! . What a load of crap.! You brexiteers blame everyone from Gary Lineker, lily Allen, remainers. Sunshine, price of diesel. moonlight, good times, EU and boogie for failing to get your undeliverable project achieved.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 25, 2019, 6:04 PM

Post #4200 of 4292 (343 views)
Shortcut

And of course we all really Know the main reason why the referendum was called for

First page Previous page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3