Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Belgium Sat 17/08/19 Sun 18/08/19

tigerman48
Youth Team Star

Aug 19, 2019, 1:14 PM

Post #1 of 1 (517 views)
Shortcut
Belgium Sat 17/08/19 Sun 18/08/19 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Double Header in Belgium this weekend didn't expect to be going to either game butrail strike and not feeling too good made my decision to head to FC Dender and my prior event on Sunday was less time than anticipated so fancied a trip to Royal Saint Gilloise being easy from Bruxelles Midi.

Saturday 17 August 2019.
Belgium Cup Round 4
FC Dender 1 Seraing 3
Admission 10 euros
Programme none ,teamsheet available.
Beer 2 via ticket system.
Attendance 300-400.

Ground approximately 15 mins from the station . Ticket bought from Ticket booth outside. Clubhouse for beer crisps seperate van for hot dogs burgers etc.

Surprised at the standard of the ground . Did find out they used to be in the first division recently.
Three stands which all had seats behind one goal no accomodation.

A good bright side by the home side saw them take the lead but after the visitors equalised they seemed to lose their way and bowed out of the Belgian cup.

Sunday 18th August 2019
First Division B
Union Saint Gilloise 3 Lokeren 1
Admission 10 euros
No programme / badge.
Beer 2 euros
Burger 5 euros .

I have a soft spot for Lokeren as they were Opponents of Hull City in our only ever Europa League campaign.
However I stood with the home fans and met an English fan who watches Saint Gilloise regularly .

About 20 minutes by tram from Bruxelles Midi.
An impressive ground large old seated stand an uncovered popular side end with seats not used and the Lokeren fans behind one goal.

I stood in the popular stand which had food and beer huts.

A nice big crowd and a well fought match fairly even until Saint Gilloise took the lead and then increased it. The game fizzled out until a late home goal followed by a consolation for the visitors. An enjoyable afternoon was impressed by Saint Gilloise on and off the field.

A good weekend away and even with a weak pound admission was very reasonable.

New Grounds 2019/20 :20
Total Games :28
Total Goals : 86
Av Goals Per Game : 3.10
Last new Ground: 19/10/19 FC Wohlen 2 Zug 94 0
LAST NEW WETHERSPOONS -1007 Liskeard

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3