INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Step 3 attendances

swjoduk
Reserve Team Star

Aug 18, 2019, 6:57 AM

Team(s): Taunton Town, Exeter City, Swindon Town, Westcountry football as a whole

Post #1 of 23 (3449 views)
Shortcut
Step 3 attendances Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is 64 a new record low for a step 3 game or has there been fewer in the past?

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 18, 2019, 8:27 AM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #2 of 23 (3404 views)
Shortcut
Re: [swjoduk] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Which game?

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 18, 2019, 8:50 AM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #3 of 23 (3381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blackfield & Langley 3-4 Metropolitan Police

007Dale
First Team Star

Aug 18, 2019, 10:38 AM

Post #4 of 23 (3276 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I’m fairly certain if you went back to the days of isthmian being a step 2 league and looked up some Purfleet or Yeading attendances in the nineties you’d find some worse than that.

Riverside64
Junior Team Regular

Aug 18, 2019, 10:47 AM

Post #5 of 23 (3266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Assuming we can rely on the accuracy of FootballWebPages then ...

In 2015/16 Met Police had a 62
In 2014/15 VCD had a 54

(This post was edited by Riverside64 on Aug 18, 2019, 10:59 AM)

Jimbo
Youth Team Regular

Aug 18, 2019, 10:57 AM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 23 (3246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riverside64] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Knowsley United struggled for any sort of support back in the '90s. Looking at a copy of the Non-league Directory from 1995-96 (when they were in the NPL Premier), there are numerous home attendances in the 40s. The lowest is 33.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 18, 2019, 12:47 PM

Post #7 of 23 (3077 views)
Shortcut

In the post-2004 SL Premier there have been plenty in the 50s and 60s. Hungerford, Arlesey, St. Ives, Cirencester and Evesham feature. Most are evening games, the lowest of all 47 at Cirencester v. Halesowen on a Tuesday in Feb 2011. The lowest I can find for a Saturday is 61, also Cirencester in the following season.

windydcfc

Aug 18, 2019, 7:30 PM

Post #8 of 23 (2695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know the title of this thread is step 3 attendances. I’m trying to find out how many were at Highgate Utd yesterday. I’m interested to know if Newark Flowserve has a large following. Because they have a really decent home support.

ladderman

Aug 18, 2019, 7:31 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #9 of 23 (2694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I’m fairly certain if you went back to the days of isthmian being a step 2 league and looked up some Purfleet or Yeading attendances in the nineties you’d find some worse than that.

Both appeared to count the players on the pitch as part of the attendance, as well

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 18, 2019, 8:12 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #10 of 23 (2645 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I know the title of this thread is step 3 attendances. I’m trying to find out how many were at Highgate Utd yesterday. I’m interested to know if Newark Flowserve has a large following. Because they have a really decent home support.

buncranaboy

Aug 18, 2019, 8:48 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #11 of 23 (2595 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I’m trying to find out how many were at Highgate Utd yesterday. I’m interested to know if Newark Flowserve has a large following. Because they have a really decent home support.

Really ? Attendance on my visit was 18! How many were there when you went then ?

windydcfc

Aug 18, 2019, 9:03 PM

Post #12 of 23 (2545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I’m trying to find out how many were at Highgate Utd yesterday. I’m interested to know if Newark Flowserve has a large following. Because they have a really decent home support.

Really ? Attendance on my visit was 18! How many were there when you went then ?

I used to live around the corner from Flowserve and the last time I was the Willy Hall Cup final that I played in, for Newark Squires. I reckon a few hundred were there. This wasn’t a Flowserve game. I reckon I’ve seen quite a few there whenever they played Southwell City.

paulh66

Aug 18, 2019, 9:15 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #13 of 23 (2519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I’m interested to know if Newark Flowserve has a large following. Because they have a really decent home support.

156 when I visited for a league game on a Tuesday night last October. 212 average for last season according to this site, with a low of 80.

kirby knitters

Aug 18, 2019, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #14 of 23 (2492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
I’m interested to know if Newark Flowserve has a large following. Because they have a really decent home support.

156 when I visited for a league game on a Tuesday night last October. 212 average for last season according to this site, with a low of 80.

Two home games this season have seen 345 (Cov Utd) and 300 (Worcester) they probably need decent gates with the dough they are forking out to certain players.

buncranaboy

Aug 18, 2019, 9:46 PM

Post #15 of 23 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have they moved then? The ground address in my records is Lowfields Works but I see they now give it as Hawton Lane.
Very little at the ground as I recall and not much at Hawton Lane according to google maps. Is this the same place re-badged ?

adamthurston
Youth Team Sub

Aug 18, 2019, 11:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 23 (2342 views)
Shortcut

The lowest attendance at a game I attended at that level was 54 at Cirencester v Paulton in the Southern Prem in Feb 15/16. The club blamed the cold and Champions League (!). Their average was 139 that season.

Grounds Visited : 279. (2019/20 - 10 Matches, 65 New Grounds)
Last New Ground Visited - Bedfont Sports Recreation Ground (Bedfont Sports 2-3 Beaconsfield Town)

buncranaboy

Aug 18, 2019, 11:23 PM

Post #17 of 23 (2318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adamthurston] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

44 at Coventry Sporting vs Milton Keynes City when SLM was Step 3.

Nothing to do with the weather; they were both shit!

windydcfc

Aug 19, 2019, 6:56 AM

Post #18 of 23 (2086 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Have they moved then? The ground address in my records is Lowfields Works but I see they now give it as Hawton Lane.
Very little at the ground as I recall and not much at Hawton Lane according to google maps. Is this the same place re-badged ?

Lowfield Works was the address off Hawton Lane. Worthington Simpsons, Ingersol Dresser Pumps & then Flowserve were the historical former owners of the factory. The sports field & club were originally the works sports facilities. When the site was wound down, there was concerns that the sports facilities would be turned into housing. I believe this hasn’t happened and the ground is safe. The facilities have drastically improved over the past 20 years & as KK mentioned a lot of money is being spent on players wages.

dottirofhod

Aug 19, 2019, 7:00 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #19 of 23 (2084 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Lowfield Works .The facilities have drastically improved over the past 20 years & as KK mentioned a lot of money is being spent on players wages.

New tick for Paddy then.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 19, 2019, 1:15 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #20 of 23 (1734 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My records for a visit in 2005 (attendance 40) show the ground as Lowfield Works, Hawton Lane.
Crowd may have been low, as it was pissing down with rain. At that time it was not possible to accomodate everyone under cover

(its funny that I remember the rain and cover clearly, but many games I cannot recall at all, whether it is 14 years or 14 days since I went)

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

KnowYourMarket

Aug 19, 2019, 1:56 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #21 of 23 (1653 views)
Shortcut

Newark Flowserve haven't moved it's just been done up. A bit like Slough Town since you wentLaugh

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

chienmort
First Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 10:29 AM

Team(s): Poole Town FC, Queens Park RANGERS.

Post #22 of 23 (813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Step 3 attendances [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Newark Flowserve haven't moved it's just been done up. A bit like Slough Town since you wentLaugh

Do9n't understand your point about Slough Town. Theirs is a brand new stadium.

Poole Town FC - les couilles du chien

chienmort
First Team Sub

Aug 21, 2019, 10:41 AM

Team(s): Poole Town FC, Queens Park RANGERS.

Post #23 of 23 (802 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

You have to remember that B&L are a village team in the area known as Fawley (Pop 13K). MY team, Poole Town is from an area with a population approaching 150K. If Poole attracted support in proportion to B&L they would have an average gate close to 800, in fact we were just short of 500 last season.

Of course you could bring up the old chestnut as to whether village or small town teams should be allowed at Step 3 or above. Beware the wrath of Khan if you do.

Poole Town FC - les couilles du chien

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3