Saturday 17th August 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 20, 2019, 11:21 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #76 of 84 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The snapper] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sky Bet Championship

Brentford (0) 1 v 1 (0) Hull City

Season Ticket , Programme 3.50pm , Attendance: 11,000 (995 away fans)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Grounds Season 2019/2020 = 4
Last New Ground : Corby Town 31st July 2019

auchinleckian
Youth Team Star

Aug 20, 2019, 5:13 PM

Team(s): Auchinleck Talbot; Grimsby Town; Wales (rugby and football)

Post #77 of 84 (980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Scottish FA Cup Preliminary Round 1 replay
Auchinleck Talbot 6-1 Dundonald Bluebell
Beechwood Park, Auchinleck
Admission 7/4 (grandstand +0.50)
Attendance 700
Programme - I assumed there weren't any until I saw one in somebody's back pocket as I was leaving the ground.

Beechwood Park was looking good for this Scottish Cup replay - the pitch being in perfect condition despite the recent deluges. All is neat and tidy inside - in contrast to the main street beyond its walls. There is no sign yet of any preliminary work going on ahead of the intended installation of floodlights . East Ayrshire Cooncil has just presented a cheque for 1,000 to Talbot in recognition of their Scottish Junior Cup win earlier this year. The money will be put towards the erection of the lights.

By all accounts Talbot were fortunate to come back from Fife with a draw last week. This week Bluebell were fortunate not to be sent back over the Forth with a double figure drubbing. Talbot scored six while another half dozen good scoring chances went abegging.

The home side were ahead in 5 minutes and following an absolute cloudburst which forced me to shell out 50p to sit in the grandstand (and I still got wet) they converted a penalty (I've no idea why it was awarded) on 20 minutes. Goals on 40 and 42 minutes took the tie out of the 'Bell's reach and Talbot still had time to miss two sitters before the half time whistle brought blessed relief for the hard-pressed Senior visitors.

Within minutes of the restart Talbot rattled the crossbar, with the ball bouncing down onto the line but we just had to wait a few more minutes for the inevitable fifth.

With around 10 minutes to go Bluebell scored with a neat lob over the Talbot keeper. Talbot replied by going straight back upfield and restoring their five goal lead. The player celebrations for this goal included the linesman getting a peck on the cheek from one of the players. He took it in good spirit!

Despite their thrashing today Bluebell weren't all that bad. They look a big strong team who can play some neat football but they didn't stand a chance against a rampant home side. Talbot had more nous, were more direct and were altogether more incisive. It was a perfect example of the contrast between the top Ayrshire Juniors and the teams from the East. The visitors moved the ball about prettily but rarely threatened, whilst Talbot simply went for the jugular.

Talbot's win makes it a full house of junior teams into the next round. Auchinleck travel to Camelon and if they want to avoid the fate of Ayr United, Cove Rangers and their EoSL colleagues at Fortress Beechwood, Camelon had better do what Dundonald failed to do - settle it at the first time of asking.

On the way home the heavens opened once more and the Ayr by-pass was completely awash. It's time the cooncil cleared some drains.

Programme sold out 40 minutes before kick off, hence your not being able to purchase one. Print run was just 120, and with sponsors accounting for about 30 pre match, and my pre order of 10, that left just 80 for the paying punters. When I realise they'd sold out so quickly I thought the three extra I'd bought on top of my pre match orders would do okay on ebay later. They went within minutes and the Regeneration Fund was 7.50 better off as a result!

Confirm your report. Opposition looked nice up to the last third of the pitch but not much after it - see their glaring howler of a miss at 2-0 down! The goals we scored now means that we've scored 94 goals in the Scottish Cup in 32 games, and am hoping we get through the 100 mark this season. Really looking forward to our trip to Camelon, a nice friendly club based on our previous experience there previously.

scottsas
Youth Team Star

Aug 21, 2019, 12:43 AM

Post #78 of 84 (785 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is now played as a Saturday / Sunday round as there are no longer any available midweeks in which to play it.As a result of an extra UEFA round in late June / early July, UEFA now use every midweek in July and August.Given that the European entrants may well be involved in UEFA competition in August, the round therefore has to get played at a weekend.Simple as that!

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 22, 2019, 2:02 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #79 of 84 (557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsas] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ISTHMIAN ONE NORTH

West St

Coggeshall Town 3-1 AFC Sudbury

Adm:
6 - no progs left

Att: 212

Directions: M4/M25 clock (v slow up to jn19 and again round nr Enfield) - M11 N to A120 E - Coggeshall is within a loop of the A120 between Braintree and Colchester. West St as the name suggests is at the western edge of the town - ground clearly visible off the main road down on the left

Facilities: - overflow parking was in use - up to a point - but they seemed to have closed access to it pretty early - and not many cars were parked on the adjacent field.
- we arrived about 10' before KO - I parked on the main road toward the town.

Nice new build feel to the clubhouse and bar: - food outlet - apparently the sausage rolls are a speciality. Draught Adnams in the bar.

Patio/decking up above the pitch with a covered standing area below. Seated stand small and narrow along a steep grass bank where a lot of fans were sprawled in spite of the notices asking them not to sit there.....

Only access on three sides - dugout areas 'blocked off' to fans.

Co-owner and muso-celeb Olly Murs was in attendance - I think he opts to sit in he dugout - was happily chatting, signing things and posing for selfies with fans home & away, after the match .

Match:
1-0
2-0

Ht

2-1 - game almost sprang to life at this point as AFC pressed more
3-1 - last minute settler in favour of 'The Seed Growers' .

NOTE: was intrigued to learn afterwards that the other club in the town - United - were reportedly only set-up in 2017 and ground share here. No evidence of logos/badges for them that I noticed at the time.
The rate they seem to be progressing, they could well join their landlords at this level before long?

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Aug 22, 2019, 6:01 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #80 of 84 (530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barnton 0-2 Cheadle Heath Nomads (0-1 HT) at Townfield Lane
NWCFL First Division South
Admission: 5, Programme: Yes, Tea: 1, M&P pie: 2
Attendance: 54

After a solid 11 mile walk in the Clwydians in the morning I didn't have enough time to get to my first choice at Llanrhaeadr, however Barnton was still pretty doable and I got in the ground around 5 minutes before kick off. Reasonable fayre on offer here but Barnton never really threatened so Cheadle Heath eased to a win and probably should've scored a couple more. Goals came from a Kieran Herbert effort from distance around the half hour mark and a Dan Browne shot in the 64th minute. Decent enough ground situated behind the village hall, can definitely tell it's been built up from not very much. Seated stand situated in the centre of one side with a row of seats on a bench adjacent also under cover, covered terracing over the other side which stretches about half the length, picnic benches at the entrance end close to the tea bar/clubhouse building. Fully railed off and hard standing all the way around.

Grounds visited: 298
Last new ground: Welfare Ground (Brandon United)
Next planned fixture: S Shields v Atherton Colls - NPL Premier - 5/10/19

BA21
Junior Team Star

Aug 23, 2019, 7:46 PM

Team(s): Yeovil Town

Post #81 of 84 (424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lizard Argyle 1 Rosudgeon 0
Cornwall Combination
Admission & programme - by donation
Attendance 32 h/c

Lizard Argyle is one of those grounds that falls into the must visit category although in essence it is a roped off pitch. Do not let that put you off though as the views over the Atlantic are stunning, the ground is bordered by coloured houses on one touchline and sheep, Cape Cornwall and the aforementioned ocean on the other. Just inside the entrance gate there is a green pavilion that was possibly the dressing rooms many years ago. There is a great clubhouse selling a wide variety of beers too.

We left at around 9.30am arriving in West Cornwall some four hours later, the game was Rosudgeons first fixture in The Cornwall Combination League and they put in a rather underwhelming display losing to a stunning free-kick. To add to their woes they missed a late penalty.

Grounds 661 International/Football League/Senior non-league
Football League 2019/20 86/92 - last 12/05/19 Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton, Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Fixtures at 120 Football League grounds
Last new - 21/09/19 Hutton vs Brislington Reserves, Somerset County League division two
New 2019/20 Abergavenny Town, Chepstow Town, Lizard Argyle, United Services Portsmouth, Hutton

(This post was edited by BA21 on Aug 23, 2019, 7:51 PM)

bd
Youth Team Regular

Aug 25, 2019, 3:05 PM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #82 of 84 (324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BA21] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Made a week of it in Cornwall as made the long trek for:
Southern League Premier South
Truro (1)1-(0)0 Supermarine

A less than warm welcome from the staff at Truro who claim that due to new owners, refused to let in committee members and staff before 2pm due to insurance purposes. An exchange of words between our secretary and the security person took place and in we all went!
Pitch from a distance looked ok given the deluge we had on the Friday, but on close inspection, resembled nothing better than a council maintained Sunday league pitch.
Away dressing room had no hot water for the players to shower in, also perspex walls/ceiling made the place hotter than a greenhouse.

Game wasn't the best. ref failed to give us a penalty for one of the most blatant handballs you are ever likely to see. We hit the post in the last minute. The week away made the trip though not the game.

Won't be looking forward to visiting their ground again.
Infrastructure around the pitch is fine. Couple of small seated stands down one side and what looks like 2 seated stands from a golf tournament down the other and a small one at the far end behind the goal.
at the top end, a terraced area with strict rules about where you can and can't drink which the home stewards are very keen to police.
I'm sure some clubs with a more rowdy following will run into problems down there.

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Aug 25, 2019, 9:24 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #83 of 84 (276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sky Bet Championship

Brentford (0) 1 v 1 (0) Hull City

Season Ticket , Programme 3.50pm , Attendance: 11,000 (995 away fans)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also here, a fairly even game with Hull taking the lead in the second half, before Brentford's substitutions and tactical switch saw them equalize through Watkins.Only 21 League games left at Griffin Park.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #84 of 84 (174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 17th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wessex League Premier Division

Reynolds Close, Cowes

Cowes Sports 1(1) Bashley 1(1)

Blue & White Striped Shirts / Black Shorts Green Shirts & Shorts

Attendance 135

Admission 6 Programme 1 Badge 3

Cheeseburger 2.40 Tea 1

Travelled by train to Southampton Central, bus to the Red Jet Terminal and the Red Jet catamaran to West Cowes. The visiting Bashley team were on the same ferry as me and I followed them walking up to the ground. Sports Reynolds Close home is a decent Step 5 ground with a good sized stand and a club house with bar and tea bar. On a sunny afternoon shade rather than shelter was sought. The game was average entertainment. Sports raced into a first minute lead through an Ash Brett header from a left side corner. Bashley levelled six minutes later when Harry Morgan ran onto a pass from the right and stroked it first time past the Sports keeper Ed Hatt. A minute before the break Hatt saved a pen from Bashley's Harry McGrath. The second half was mostly forgettable. A swift getaway at full time allowed me to catch the 17:15 Red Jet to get to Southampton Central about the same time as half the Saints and Liverpool supporters from St Mary's!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3