Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes.....

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 9:35 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 18 (2055 views)
Shortcut
List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... Can't Post or Reply Privately

..... I am sure there are several such spreadsheets out there.

I am looking for a current list of all Clubs Steps 1 - 7 along with the postcodes of their Stadia.
This information is required by the Football Foundation who are looking to survey all such clubs and want to make sure they don't miss any out. If anyone is happy to share such a document please let me know.
Thanks.... Steve

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 9:46 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 18 (2043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Step 7 is probably the problem

just about everything from Premier League to Step 6 is on AndyE's getting to football
http://www.andyofkent.exofire.net/GTF_201920_1.pdf
Of course, you have to extract the postcodes

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 8, 2019, 10:48 AM

Post #3 of 18 (1965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had one two seasons ago (that went well below Step 7 in most cases too) also with X & Y co-ordinates to build a Google Earth layer, but didn't get much time to update it last year and probably won't get near to working on it until at least the end of October.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 8, 2019, 11:00 AM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #4 of 18 (1947 views)
Shortcut

Iíve got a spreadsheet directory of all English Saturday clubs on my laptop and Iím currently going through them to check if theyíre all up to date for this season.

Some clubs show different postcodes of their grounds on the new FullTime site compared to ones on the old FullTime site.

All clubs are listed and are from when the constitutions were announced, so will include teams who have folded.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 11:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 18 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Iíve got a spreadsheet directory of all English Saturday clubs on my laptop and Iím currently going through them to check if theyíre all up to date for this season.

Some clubs show different postcodes of their grounds on the new FullTime site compared to ones on the old FullTime site.

All clubs are listed and are from when the constitutions were announced, so will include teams who have folded.

That's great. Could you let me know when ready and I will PM you the contact details at the FF or you can just email it to me if preferred [email protected]

Cheers.... Steve

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 8, 2019, 11:29 AM

Post #6 of 18 (1906 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

That's great. Could you let me know when ready and I will PM you the contact details at the FF or you can just email it to me if preferred [email protected]

Cheers.... Steve

Hi Steve,

Iíll send you an email with a copy over the weekend.

Iíll remove all the colours from it as Iíve colour coded teams who are/have promoted/relegated/new/moved divisions since last season.

Do you want it as a spreadsheet or PDF? Iíve got other sheets in the workbook to do with the season and can send it as a separate spreadsheet if you require it that way.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 11:40 AM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 18 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Cheers.... Steve

Hi Steve,

Iíll send you an email with a copy over the weekend.

Iíll remove all the colours from it as Iíve colour coded teams who are/have promoted/relegated/new/moved divisions since last season.

Do you want it as a spreadsheet or PDF? Iíve got other sheets in the workbook to do with the season and can send it as a separate spreadsheet if you require it that way.

I guess whatever format is easier for you, they didn't specify.

Thanks very much.... Steve

AndyE
First Team Star

Aug 8, 2019, 1:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 18 (1764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

just about everything from Premier League to Step 6 is on AndyE's getting to football

Absolutely everything from Premier League to Step 6 in fact, with Step 7 coming next time! I don't think I know how to do it, but it would probably be possible to extract the postcodes using regular expressions. The postcode never breaks across a line - that looks untidy, so I don't allow it - which means that the last eight characters of the relevant line will necessarily be the postcode, with a leading space if the district (ie the 1 in a postcode AB1 9YZ) is a single digit.

One possible issue, from wherever you source all the postcodes. The postcodes map to grounds, and the further you go down the pyramid the more likely it is that the ground is not the address at which one should write to a club. A few clubs have clubhouses which are remote from the ground (this is more common in hockey and in rugby of both flavours, but not unknown in football), and a lot of clubs have the secretary's home as their mailing address.

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 3:50 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #9 of 18 (1650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Absolutely everything from Premier League to Step 6 in fact, with Step 7 coming next time! I don't think I know how to do it, but it would probably be possible to extract the postcodes using regular expressions. The postcode never breaks across a line - that looks untidy, so I don't allow it - which means that the last eight characters of the relevant line will necessarily be the postcode, with a leading space if the district (ie the 1 in a postcode AB1 9YZ) is a single digit.

One possible issue, from wherever you source all the postcodes. The postcodes map to grounds, and the further you go down the pyramid the more likely it is that the ground is not the address at which one should write to a club. A few clubs have clubhouses which are remote from the ground (this is more common in hockey and in rugby of both flavours, but not unknown in football), and a lot of clubs have the secretary's home as their mailing address.

Sorry, Andy - I was not meaning to say your work was anything less than fantastic

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Brightside
Junior Team Star

Aug 8, 2019, 4:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 18 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Map of some step 7 leagues for 2019/2020 https://drive.google.com/...4HBY&usp=sharing

(This post was edited by Brightside on Aug 8, 2019, 4:43 PM)

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 8, 2019, 4:47 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #11 of 18 (1576 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I am looking for a current list of all Clubs Steps 1 - 7 along with the postcodes of their Stadia.
This information is required by the Football Foundation who are looking to survey all such clubs and want to make sure they don't miss any out.

I'm bemused if they can't readily obtain this information from the FA. Then again, if it's reliant on fulltime...

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 8, 2019, 9:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 18 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
This information is required by the Football Foundation who are looking to survey all such clubs and want to make sure they don't miss any out.

I'm bemused if they can't readily obtain this information from the FA. Then again, if it's reliant on fulltime...

Perhaps they can but having dealt with the FA myself they most likely, as I would, think that if such a document exists already it would be far easier to source it from the forum members here who actually care.

That's just a supposition without any knowledge, I'm just responding to a support ticket request but it seems to have worked so everyone is happy.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 8, 2019, 10:03 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #13 of 18 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Yes but the FF is a close stakeholder of the FA and you're presumably not! Not unusual to share database info in such cases so just seems odd that it'd need help from an Internet forum - even one that thinks it cares more than the FA. Merely an observation, nothing more.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 9, 2019, 10:37 AM

Post #14 of 18 (1006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can think of 2 clubs immediately which the bog standard that's the postcode is an issue

Fareham Town- Clubs postcode is for Highfield Avenue, alas there's a barrier blocking entrance to the car park from that end, so its a 1 1/2 mile detour from there to the road leading to the ground - use PO14 1RH

Winchester Castle - bar the sports ground, M3 slip road and A31, there;s nothing around there so the Royal Mail have never given it a post code.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

Richard Rundle

Aug 9, 2019, 10:43 AM

Post #15 of 18 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I can think of 2 clubs immediately which the bog standard that's the postcode is an issue

Fareham Town- Clubs postcode is for Highfield Avenue, alas there's a barrier blocking entrance to the car park from that end, so its a 1 1/2 mile detour from there to the road leading to the ground - use PO14 1RH

Winchester Castle - bar the sports ground, M3 slip road and A31, there;s nothing around there so the Royal Mail have never given it a post code.

SO21 1HB seems to work quite well for Winchester Castle.

I've got a few notes which suggest using different postcodes for SatNav travel rather than plotting them on a map:

Diff for Sat navs
Nat P FC Halifax Town HX1 2YS
Nat P Solihull Moors B92 9EJ
Nat N Leamington CV33 9SA

W Lan 3 Ladybridge BL6 4NN

Essex Wadham Lodge, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow E17 4LL

Dors P Hamworthy Rec BH21 3AP

Wessex Prem Fareham Town PO14 1RH

Lan Am Chaddertonians all teams M24 2QW
Old Mancunians M14 6TZ

Again, all this is two seasons old so may not still be relevant.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 9, 2019, 11:08 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #16 of 18 (976 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

GDPR?

Richard Rundle

Aug 9, 2019, 11:23 AM

Post #17 of 18 (970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If all it is is a list of clubs and addresses/postcodes, there should be no personal data involved so GDPR does not apply.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 9, 2019, 11:30 AM

Post #18 of 18 (964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] List of Clubs Steps 1-7 with postcodes..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If all it is is a list of clubs and addresses/postcodes, there should be no personal data involved so GDPR does not apply.

For each team in my directory all Iíve got is:
League, Division, Team, Location, Stadium, Postcode, County FA, their main county cup they play in and if theyíre in the FA Cup/Trophy/Vase.

I donít keep any personal information on there.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3