Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Tottenham new ground opening delayed

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Mar 18, 2019, 8:28 PM

Post #101 of 112 (2015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
And if it happens then THFC are paying TfL (I think)
£14m for the privilege.

That seems less than clear now. This article includes the quote:
"There are reports that TfL had been trying to make Tottenham pay at least £14.7 million for the renaming, but somehow the club looks to have managed to wrangle it for free — instead settling for a rather vague "unique brand partnership between TfL and Tottenham Hotspur"."

It also mentions that TfL official position is that it is still subject to a consultation.

https://londonist.com/...ed-tottenham-hotspur

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 9, 2019, 2:53 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #102 of 112 (1570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/fixtures-results
I notice a differnece of 52168 (81332 - 29164) between Spurs' highest and home lowest league attendance this season - albeit an unusual season. Any of the stattos out there know if this has ever been beaten? Possibly by a big Spanish or Russian club? In % terms (smallest 36% of biggest) I'd imagine a few teams hosting Aldershot or Wimbledon when they were "starting again" could probably beat that quite easily.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 9, 2019, 2:57 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #103 of 112 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't have the exact stats to hand but when we visited about four years ago Dinamo Zagreb would pull in around 30,000 for a game with Hajduk but some of their other league games would be down to little more than 1,000.

Oxford Stone
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 9, 2019, 3:11 PM

Team(s): Maidstone United

Post #104 of 112 (1560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hamilton 1174 -> 5827 in successive games a few weeks ago... Rangers in S Div 3 would probably produce some extremes.
Back on subject, big waiting list for tickets at the new ground I believe?
I only went to one game at WHL - 2005 Vase Final. (I've also been to Arsenal's ground without seeing Arsenal - Brazil-Argentina - and West Ham's ground without seeing them - Depeche Mode)

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 9, 2019, 4:43 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #105 of 112 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oxford Stone] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I notice a differnece of 52168 (81332 - 29164) between Spurs' highest and home lowest league attendance this season - albeit an unusual season. Any of the stattos out there know if this has ever been beaten? Possibly by a big Spanish or Russian club? In % terms (smallest 36% of biggest) I'd imagine a few teams hosting Aldershot or Wimbledon when they were "starting again" could probably beat that quite easily.

For clarification, I am taking this from Wiki and not checking back to source

Tractor Sazi and Persepolis are the two teams who have recorded 80,000 crowds in the Persian Gulf Pre League (Iran) this season. Tractor Sazi's ground was closed to spectators for the first game of the season, so crowd of zero. The lowest when spectators were pemitted in was 29,700 (difference of 50,300).

For Persepolis, the lowest attendance of the season was 15,000 (difference of 65,000) while Esteghlal record a highest of 78,000 and a lowest of 12,000 (difference of 66,000)

Still according to Wiki, the largest stadium capacity used in the league is the Azadi at 78,116 - while Sahand Stadium (Tractor) supposedly only hold 66,833 (leaving questions over the highest crowds).

The league certainly has one of the biggest crowd ranges, with some league crowds as low as 100.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

scottywalds
First Team Star

Apr 10, 2019, 11:51 AM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #106 of 112 (1349 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

What about Queens Park, when they hosted Rangers? From 30,117 to 842 within 4 days!

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 10, 2019, 7:08 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #107 of 112 (1213 views)
Shortcut

Back on subject, big waiting list for tickets at the new ground I believe?

There's a big waiting list for season tickets but anyone can buy a membership (two categories of which are available) which gives next priority for individual match tickets on a first come first served basis. General sale, of course, is also on a first come first served basis.

The Moose
First Team Star

May 23, 2019, 9:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #108 of 112 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It may help a few others on here, as I’ve just managed to snaffle two tickets for Spurs v Inter Milan PSF on Sun 4th August. They’re now on general sale & appear to have plenty still available (at the moment). Naturally I’d prefer a league match, but needs must to get the 92 done once again.

KRTM :-)

pokal02
First Team Star

Jul 19, 2019, 6:58 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #109 of 112 (540 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think Spurs v Inter is in some funny cup, the name of which escapes me. So I guess those that count e.g. the Hinchinbrooke Cup or Salisbury Hospital Cup as a competitive game could count this one.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 19, 2019, 8:34 PM

Team(s):

Post #110 of 112 (510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spurs v Inter Milan is in the ‘international champions cup’ tournament, which means PSF in English. That said, tiz Spurs 1st team so that’s good enough for me.

If you can get a ticket for an early midweek Lge cup tie v a Lge Two side or an early Euro game v some obscure side you’ve never heard of, then good luck to you. Chances are mind, a lot of ressies will be playing & not all the first team.

It being a weekend match suits me just fine, so I ‘guess’ I will be counting it as my 92 top up. More chance of me getting in for the Inter game than having to be either a STH or paying to be a ‘One Hotspur Member’, for the sake of one visit.

If only we were back in the 80’s, when you could pay on the day for a local derby at the Lane. Then of course we wouldn’t have the problem of trying to find a match where the ordinary punter could attend. If I’m watching a first team game & tiz one we can get in to see, then that’ll do, but each & every to their own.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 19, 2019, 10:22 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #111 of 112 (469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Spurs v Inter Milan is in the ‘international champions cup’ tournament, which means PSF in English. That said, tiz Spurs 1st team so that’s good enough for me.

If you can get a ticket for an early midweek Lge cup tie v a Lge Two side or an early Euro game v some obscure side you’ve never heard of, then good luck to you. Chances are mind, a lot of ressies will be playing & not all the first team.

It being a weekend match suits me just fine, so I ‘guess’ I will be counting it as my 92 top up. More chance of me getting in for the Inter game than having to be either a STH or paying to be a ‘One Hotspur Member’, for the sake of one visit.

If only we were back in the 80’s, when you could pay on the day for a local derby at the Lane. Then of course we wouldn’t have the problem of trying to find a match where the ordinary punter could attend. If I’m watching a first team game & tiz one we can get in to see, then that’ll do, but each & every to their own.

Wouldn't you consider Tottenham v Arsenal in the WSL on November 7 as a tickable game?

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 22, 2019, 2:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #112 of 112 (310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Tottenham new ground opening delayed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Personally, no I wouldn’t but if others wish to, then of course that’s their prerogative. My background when first doing the 92, was before women’s footy started to become popular. Therefore I will always prefer to watch men’s footy, as that’s what I grew up with. As a wise prophet once said however, there are no rules in groundhopping! Either way, me & the lad are looking forward to going now.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3