Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
Re: [markust] F.A. Cup 2019-20

exile
Youth Team Sub

Jul 12, 2019, 2:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 10 (3314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markust] F.A. Cup 2019-20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Both Hall Road Rangers and Rylands are in the draw. Have the rules been changed?

royboy
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 12, 2019, 6:52 PM

Team(s): Borrowash

Post #2 of 10 (2715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [exile] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Both Hall Road Rangers and Rylands are in the draw. Have the rules been changed?

I have not ploughed through the fixtures but I have both clubs notated as playing in the vase but not the cup. I think another poster mentioned a 3rd club.

So the answer to your question seems to be no but I will know more when I have finished writing everything up.

markust
Youth Team Star

Jul 12, 2019, 6:59 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royboy] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rylands certainly weren't in it

https://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/...articles.php?id=6921

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 12, 2019, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 10 (2637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [exile] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

It's unclear. The competition rules on the FA website state that non-league clubs "must have competed in either The FA Challenge Trophy or The FA Challenge Vase Competitions in the previous season...." (Rule 5(c) at http://www.thefa.com/...p-rules-2018-19.ashx).

However, these rules are undated, although the Word document itself includes 2018/19 in its title. Whether there's a new version waiting to be uploaded or these are extant, I don't know.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 12, 2019, 7:56 PM

Post #5 of 10 (2592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rylands at least appeared in the Vase draw last season, but withdrew (or were removed) without playing a match. I believe this was due to a delay in getting their floodlights installed and thus not having a ground with the suitable grading at the time the match was due to be played.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 12, 2019, 8:02 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 10 (2579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They did, but were one of several clubs who were removed at the last mnute for not having lights at the relevant cut off date, which was months earlier. Their initial acceptance into the competition appeared to have been an error by the FA and I do recall clubs fuming when their ties were called off literally days before they were due to take place.

Whether these clubs can be deemed to have "competed" in last season's Vase is possibly open to interpretation!

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jul 12, 2019, 8:12 PM)

ThornburyTom
Junior Team Regular

Jul 13, 2019, 1:58 PM

Team(s): Thornbury Town, Bristol City

Post #7 of 10 (2428 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
They did, but were one of several clubs who were removed at the last mnute for not having lights at the relevant cut off date, which was months earlier. Their initial acceptance into the competition appeared to have been an error by the FA and I do recall clubs fuming when their ties were called off literally days before they were due to take place.

Whether these clubs can be deemed to have "competed" in last season's Vase is possibly open to interpretation!

I think that rule was removed. We’re making our Vase and Cup debut this season after one season at step 6.

markust
Youth Team Star

Jul 21, 2019, 6:11 PM

Post #8 of 10 (2165 views)
Shortcut

Still no updated 2019/20 FA Cup rules, but this link on the Essex Senior League page about the application process seems to contain a subtle difference to previous years.

The "Must have completed in the FA Trophy/Vase" has changed from the previous season to the current season.

It seems that now as long as you apply for the trophy/vase alongside your FA Cup application then it doesn't matter whether you were in the Trophy/Vase the year before or not.

https://essexseniorleague.co.uk/...riteria-for-2019-20/

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 28, 2019, 1:45 PM

Post #9 of 10 (1688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [markust] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Since there is already a thread for this seasons FA Cup I will post here.

With Bury being expelled from the EFL and the FA stating that they won;t be allowed to compete in the FA Cup this season then some rejigging needs to happen.

To make up the numbers for the 1st round proper than there are 2 options. Option 1 is to give a bye to 1 club in the 1st round. Option 2 will be to give byes to clubs in the 4th qual round.

Since non-league clubs have had direct entry to the 1st round proper in the past, well into the 1990's, then this would be the best option. 2 clubs would have to be given a bye.

1) 2 highest placed teams at the end of 2018/19 - Notts County & Yeovil
2) 2 highest placed teams at the time of the draw
3) 2 randomly drawn teams from the NL

Should Bolton be expelled then this would need to be raised to 4 teams.

In the end this is the FA and anything could happen.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 28, 2019, 2:32 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #10 of 10 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] F.A. Cup 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Since there is already a thread for this seasons FA Cup I will post here.

With Bury being expelled from the EFL and the FA stating that they won;t be allowed to compete in the FA Cup this season then some rejigging needs to happen.

To make up the numbers for the 1st round proper than there are 2 options. Option 1 is to give a bye to 1 club in the 1st round. Option 2 will be to give byes to clubs in the 4th qual round.

Since non-league clubs have had direct entry to the 1st round proper in the past, well into the 1990's, then this would be the best option. 2 clubs would have to be given a bye.

1) 2 highest placed teams at the end of 2018/19 - Notts County & Yeovil
2) 2 highest placed teams at the time of the draw
3) 2 randomly drawn teams from the NL

Should Bolton be expelled then this would need to be raised to 4 teams.

In the end this is the FA and anything could happen.

I think that may be wishful thinking. When Manchester United did not enter the FA Cup as they were in the Intercontinental Cup in Brazil, there was just a 3rd round bye.

Technically you could also have an extra tie at the 4Q, 2 extra at 3Q, 4 at 2Q and 8 at 1Q etc. in order to achieve the standard number of teams into 2P. That would have reduced the number of teams required to enter at a round earlier than others at their step, or extra teams to enter at the EP stage. But I think that would only be practical if the explusion had happened before the 1st draw. Now, I would expect the bye in 1P.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3