Getting To Football 2019-20

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

coops
First Team Sub

Sep 29, 2019, 3:48 PM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #26 of 32 (3715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Getting To Football 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One I've noticed.
West Lancs League - Lytham Town are currently playing in Warton at Bank Lane PR4 1TB (Good for plane spotting out of Warton Aerodrome on a good day!). Bus 68 from Blackpool which I believe goes through Lytham as well gets you to the top of Bank Road.

AndyE
First Team Star

Sep 30, 2019, 10:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 32 (3544 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coops] Getting To Football 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks coops. It might have been useful if the club had told the league about the change of ground!

Stagecoach 68 does indeed run from Blackpool via Lytham through Warton and thence to Preston. The nearest station is Lytham but it's not walking distance and Lytham station doesn't get many trains, so a visitor from outside the immediate area would probably take the bus from Preston and that's the route I've gone for. The revised entry will look rather like this:

Lytham Town Bank Lane, Warton, Lancashire PR4 1TB
Preston 9 miles.
Stagecoach 68 from Preston (Friargate, Hill Street, 8 minutes walk from station) to Warton (Lytham Road, Florence Avenue) four times per hour, journey time 34 minutes.
Then retrace along Lytham Road, R Bank Lane, L into sports grounds opposite turning for The Crescent, and ground is on L opposite cricket ground (7 minutes).

AndyE
First Team Star

Oct 3, 2019, 11:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #28 of 32 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Getting To Football 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Since the October edition of GTF is ready a day early, I may as well make it available a day early and have the day off tomorrow! The October edition is an interesting shade of green which has been described as avocado, vomit, and several other things besides - so it's time to discard your pale blue August edition and update.

As previously announced, the Step 7 leagues in England are now included for the first time, which means that the guide is now somewhat fatter at 176 pages. The other content remains the same, updated as necessary. The next edition will appear between Christmas and New Year, and in that edition the sports which play summer seasons (GAA sports, football in Ireland, rugby league, and shinty) will be updated for 2020.

The October edition of GTF can be downloaded here.

Malton Seadog
Junior Team Star

Oct 15, 2019, 7:21 PM

Team(s): Scarborough Athletic

Post #29 of 32 (2642 views)
Shortcut

Hi there.

Malton station is much closer than York to Pickering. Itís around 7 miles, and the buses you mention from York stop opposite Malton station.

Scarborough Athletic FC

pete
Junior Team Sub

Oct 24, 2019, 2:10 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa

Post #30 of 32 (2103 views)
Shortcut

Hi Andy
Brimsdown in the SSM currently groundshare with Ware, not Haringey Borough

AndyE
First Team Star

Nov 2, 2019, 11:43 AM

Team(s):

Post #31 of 32 (1253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pete] Getting To Football 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've had a bit of a break from football and not been on here for a little while, so apologies for the delay in responsing to these comments.

pete, you are of course absolutely right - and what's worse, I knew that really. But Brimsdown FC fooled me by having two apparently official websites, one of which claims that they play at Haringey Borough! That will be put right for the Christmas edition of GTF.

Malton Seadog, Malton station is indeed rather closer to Pickering than York is: Google Maps says 9 miles. The problem is though, the hourly bus for Pickering leaves Malton Bus Station one minute after the hourly train from York arrives at Malton Railway Station across the road. If you're travelling to Pickering from basically anywhere (OK, anywhere other than Scarborough) you're going to travel via York and Malton, and few would want to rely on that connection working. So a person heading for Pickering who chooses to change from train to bus at Malton would have to leave York half an hour earlier, hang around at Malton Station for 59 minutes, and then pick up the bus.

You might do it if you were an Asda hopper since Malton's Asda is right next to the station. But otherwise there's no obvious reason to.

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 7, 2019, 12:25 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #32 of 32 (815 views)
Shortcut

Hi Andy

Frenford in the Eastern Counties D1 South are currently sharing at Bowers and Pitsea

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3