INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Monday 8th July 2019

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Jul 8, 2019, 11:42 PM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #1 of 11 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Monday 8th July 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony Evan's Memorial Shield Preliminary Round
Clawddnewydd 3 Henllan 6 (aet 90 mins 3-3)
No admission or prog, raffle £1
Tea bar opened after half time
Att. 50 appx.

An excellent game. The hosts led 2-0 but were pegged back and then lead again. Henllan levelled and we headed for extra time but Clawdd went down to ten before the end as a player got a second yellow. Henllan scored three quick goals at the start of the extras and then controlled the remainder.

The only possible change is a single permanent dug out on the road side.

Good to see Huw again plus the Henllan regulars.

Post match call in at The Colemendy Arms in Cadole. Magnificent as always with five to choose from.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 9, 2019, 8:21 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #2 of 11 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Clydesdale Cup Semi Final
Forth Wanderers v Lanark United, 0-1, H.T. 0-1, Att c.180, Admission £5, No paper, Coffee £1
At Kingshill Park, Forth

The Clydesdale Cup may be played pre-season but it is a highly competitive tournament. Local pride means a lot to the four competing clubs who see this as the start of the season proper, not some training exercise.

This is reflected in attendances. I reckoned around 180 were in attendance at Kingshill Park including a big contingent from Lanark. That does not include those who watched from their cars behind the goal – presumably to keep out of the road of the midgies. Forth’s ground is one that is particularly badly afflicted by the flesh-eating raptors and they were out in their tens of thousands for this one. Quite a number of the Forth fans were there in full protective gear – heavy duty hooded jackets etc – despite mild temperatures. I took a wee dauner behind the goal at one stage and looking at the crowd, two-thirds of then were engaged in swiping, flapping and swearing at the insects.

Spectators got the added bonus of seeing a former Lanark player return to his roots. Dougie Imrie started his career with Lanark and then played mainly for Morton and Hamilton, toting up over 500 SPFL appearances. He returned at the end of last season but stated a wish to end his career where it began, so he turned out for Lanark in this one. Playing at left back, he sprayed passes and generally organised things very effectively.

Lanark dominated the first half and threatened to overrun the home side. A one goal lead did not reflect their dominance. Forth were much better in the second half and by the end it was Lanark who were holding on. Play got a bit heated with a few cards dished out and one Lanark player carted off to hospital.

Other than the wildlife I really like Kingshill Park. Sensible people watch from the pavilion side or the elevated banking behind the top goal. Groundhoppers, of whom there were a few, take their lives in their hands by trying to circumnavigate the ground – the far side and the bottom end are almost impassable due to trees, bushes and hidden deep holes. The Pie Shop and Bevvy Dispensary has moved temporarily from the portacabin into the main pavilion building. Forth have problems with vandalism and their wee howff was wrecked not that long ago. Pies, Soft Drinks and Alcoholic Beverages are dispensed at reasonable prices.

Leeds Phil was also in attendance en route from Yorkshire to Aberdeenshire. He sampled the steak pies and they must have been on given the rate at which it disappeared.

Parking is easy on the main road outside the ground. It’s a nightmare to get to by public transport. The nearest station is Breich which is served by around two trains a day. Fauldhouse is the best bet if you pre-order a taxi from there. It will not be cheap as Fauldhouse to Forth involves crossing the border into Lanarkshire from West Lothian. Buses run from Lanark but I’m not sure if any are late enough to accommodate an evening game.

The other Semi Final is on Tuesday at Carluke with Lesmahagow visiting. The Final is next Monday at Lanark’s wonderful Moor Park. I cannot wait.

Digdagdog
First Team Regular

Jul 9, 2019, 8:55 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #3 of 11 (1123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSF
Rectory Park, Middlesex FA 3G
Southall 1 Chesham United 4
F&N Attendance: 100-ish

Kicked off at 1935hrs instead of 1945hrs as 'everyone was ready'!
Decent competitive game between Step 5 hosts and Step 3 visitors. We got a good and lively encounter. First half, with what appeared to be Southall's 'best' team, they matched CU and led with a fine goal into the bottom corner. CU were wasteful in response and a little sluggish but equalised on the stroke of HT with a header.
CU were dominant after the break, with their replacements far better than the hosts' and they rattled in 3 high quality goals as the hosts tired.
Situated in a seedy bit of Northolt, there is a small but well appointed club-house and several 3G pitches, the main one with two seated stands (5 rows of seats) and spectator access down one side only. Hot food available before 2000hrs. 120 bus and Central Line back to hotel

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 27 Goals: 105 GPG: 3.89 New Grounds: 19

(This post was edited by Digdagdog on Jul 9, 2019, 8:56 AM)

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Jul 9, 2019, 2:45 PM

Post #4 of 11 (893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We’re you allowed to enter through the turnstiles without the use of a registered QR code. I only ask because Hants FA have recently said you will need one to enter the new AFC Stoneham facility and presumably for Winklebury for when Basingstoke move in. On my visit to Rectory Park 2 months after it re-opened for a Middx Prem game I was told not told to bother, just seems a way for the FA to tell the government their projects are doing well.

http://www.hampshirefa.com/news/2019/jun/18/register-to-use-stoneham-lane-football-complex

Digdagdog
First Team Regular

Jul 9, 2019, 3:08 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #5 of 11 (876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
We’re you allowed to enter through the turnstiles without the use of a registered QR code. I only ask because Hants FA have recently said you will need one to enter the new AFC Stoneham facility and presumably for Winklebury for when Basingstoke move in. On my visit to Rectory Park 2 months after it re-opened for a Middx Prem game I was told not told to bother, just seems a way for the FA to tell the government their projects are doing well.

http://www.hampshirefa.com/news/2019/jun/18/register-to-use-stoneham-lane-football-complex

I wandered in through the cafe, which leads to a terrace and then you can wander straight on to the 3G!

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 27 Goals: 105 GPG: 3.89 New Grounds: 19

Steelback
First Team Star

Jul 9, 2019, 10:21 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #6 of 11 (706 views)
Shortcut

So you need to scan a QR Code to enter the ground as a spectator?

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Jul 9, 2019, 10:24 PM

Post #7 of 11 (701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes that is why they are saying currently , but like Rectory Park I’m sure it will quickly get disused?

Steelback
First Team Star

Jul 9, 2019, 10:32 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #8 of 11 (682 views)
Shortcut

Things sure have changed on Walton’s Mountain CrazyCrazy

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 10, 2019, 1:10 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #9 of 11 (604 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So you need to scan a QR Code to enter the ground as a spectator?

Not necessary at Rectory Park, I was waived through those gates without one.

I was heading to/from the ground on the E7 Ealing bus. None of the beers at the Northfields micropub pre-game were particularly notable, but the price of a pint at Questers Theatre GBG bar was though - £2.40 for an Itchen Brewery beer.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (938) Hollyhedge Park Wythenshawe Amateurs 2-5 Abbey Hey
With FC United: 133
On the agenda:
17/8 Grantham Town v FC United
18/8 Riga v Liepaja

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Jul 10, 2019, 1:11 AM)

bakis
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 11, 2019, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers

Post #10 of 11 (299 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

May be worth pointing out that Breich, after a substantial investment for a previously very poorly used station, now enjoys a roughly hourly service. The main road walk to the ground (around 3.5 miles if the ground is on the left at the start of the village coming from the north?) doesn't look too inviting although there are occasional buses. The service from Lanark to Forth seems much better, with an evening service which many larger settlements might envy.

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Jul 15, 2019, 5:19 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #11 of 11 (141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Monday 8th July 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rhewl 2-4 Ysceifiog (1-2 HT) at Ty Isa
Llandyrnog Summer League Shield Preliminary Round
Admission: Free, Programme: None, Raffle: £1, Tea: £1
Attendance: 52 (h/c)

Another revisit in this league, this one rounded off the tick as my previous visit was for a Shield final. Thought this would've been the most competitive of the three games on offer judging by the league positions but it ended up being quite one sided, with the visitors mostly in control save for a few blips. They took the lead about 5 minutes in before Rhewl equalised from a free kick with around 10 minutes left of the half, their first real chance of the match. Ysceifiog went in at the break ahead however with an injury time goal, and extended their lead in the 64th minute through a deflected effort, forcing a couple of good saves out of the home keeper in the meantime. A fourth soon followed with Rhewl securing a late consolation with a couple of minutes to play. No changes to the ground since my previous visit, one of the better grounds in this league as it has some kind of building, usual great hilly backdrop. Rained on and off throughout.

Grounds visited: 288
Last new ground: Townfield Lane (Barnton)
Next planned fixture: Unsure

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3