INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Wednesday 3rd July

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 12:27 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #1 of 3 (740 views)
Shortcut
Wednesday 3rd July Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre Season Friendly

The Rail Ground, Retford

Retford FC 7(3) Hykeham Town 1(1)

Orange Shirts / Black Shorts Red & Blue Striped Shirts / Blue Shorts

Attendance c100

Admission 2 No Programmes Badge 3

Sausage Bap 2.50 Tea 1

Retford FC are making commendable progress both on and off the pitch. I can remember visiting Retford's other team, United, a few seasons ago with Steels. United made rapid progress up the pyramid but seemed to be spending most of their funds on their team and very little on their ground. I guess it all became too unsustainable and they now languish one level below FC in the Central Midlands League. Retford FC's The Rail Ground has two small covered areas and a 220 seat stand, admittedly uncovered, behind the goal at the bowling green end of the ground. That is probably more seating than United had when I saw them in the Northern Premier. FC's ground has recently added hard standing around the whole pitch and the tea bar had hot and cold food and drinks on offer. No progs were on offer for this PSF but the helpful official who sold me a badge did produce one of last seasons progs unrequested. On the pitch FC seem to have assembled a decent side for their first NCEL Division 1 campaign and on the night they proved too strong for the newly formed Lincolnshire League visitors Hykeham Town. The first half was end to end stuff with Town showing signs that, given time, they should be competitive in the Lincs League. FC raced into an early two-nil lead with a brace from Shay Evans-Booth. Town should have scored when they were awared a penalty but FC's keeper saved the spot kick. Town however were not to be denied and a long range strike from Dye was the first ever goal for the club. In the 28th minute Evans-Booth took advantage of a mistake by the Town keeper to complete his hat trick. After the break FC took control adding four more goals through Scott, Evans-Booth two more and Davies. Bumped into RobWaite of this parish on the touchline who proved to be as entertaining as ever!

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Jul 6, 2019, 9:50 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #2 of 3 (265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Wednesday 3rd July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FC Oswestry Town 1-1 Penycae (1-0 1st third, 1-1 2nd third) at Park Hall
Friendly
Admission: 2, Programme: None
Attendance: 32 (h/c)

Never seen a match played in thirds before, but I suppose it was a matter of time when watching friendlies. To be fair, the match was half decent with both sides taking it fairly seriously and playing some good stuff on the 3G. Oswestry took the lead a few minutes in with an inside the box finish from a decent attacking move, Penycae equalising around the 45 minute mark with a cross which went over the keeper and in. No changes to the ground since my previous visit early last season, didn't buy owt from The Venue's cafe thingy as it's expensive.

Grounds visited: 290
Last new ground: Gladstone Playing Fields (Hawarden Rangers)
Next planned fixture: Cefn Druids v Airbus UK Broughton - Cymru Premier - 23/8/19

Spennyfan_chris
First Team Sub

Jul 17, 2019, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Spennymoor Town FC & Tokyo Verdy

Post #3 of 3 (117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Wednesday 3rd July [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre Season Friendly

Stockton Town 1-1 Spennymoor Town

Admission - 4 Adult

First pre season of the season and it was a chance to see the new players in action and it was going to be a very tough one against a Stockton Town side who had done well in the 17/18 season with a top 10 finish and the times both teams have played each other have always been a very tough one, it was 2 former Spennymoor players who got Stockton's goal from James Risbrough put the ball into the box to Kevin Hayes to score (30'), but near the start of the second half, it was a free kick for Spennymoor from Mark Anderson (47') to score a fantastic free kick but it ended 1-1.

Football Love - Spennymoor Town FC (National League North) & Tokyo Verdy (JLeague Division 2)

Spennymoor Volunteer & Camera-Man

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3