Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND ....

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jul 3, 2019, 3:21 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #1 of 14 (4968 views)
Shortcut
Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... Can't Post or Reply Privately

BT Sport chosen Stockport v Maidenhead for fiest early ko of the season (12.30) those in the area, where else could you get too quickly enough to double up with a 3pm ?

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 3, 2019, 3:26 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 14 (4947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A jog or even a brisk walk will get you from there to Cheadle Heath Nomads in time for a 3pm KO! By car, Cheadle Town, Wythenshawe Amateurs, Wythenshawe Town, Stockport Town and Stockport Georgians would also be do-able. There may be others too - Altrincham and Hyde United maybe, at a push.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jul 3, 2019, 3:43 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 3, 2019, 6:17 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 14 (4650 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am sure I walked the Stockport/Cheadle Town double - but I suspect that the County kick off may have been 11.00 (Jamuary 1989!)

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 3, 2019, 10:09 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #4 of 14 (4356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We're you fat AND pompous in those days? :)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 3, 2019, 11:13 PM

Post #5 of 14 (4264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Merely overweight and pompous

Fat AND Pompous.

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Jul 4, 2019, 12:00 AM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #6 of 14 (4192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheadle Heath Nomads is a good bit nearer to Edgeley Park than Cheadle Town is - even fat people could hope to make it on foot!
I think the NWCL starts that day, although fixtures are not out yet, but the Northern Premier League won't have started. Altrincham are at home,but it's quite a big game against York City, so I would expect a queue at the turnstiles as well as possible parking difficulties (there is a dedicated car park off Moss Lane) for anyone arriving at the last minute.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 4, 2019, 12:22 AM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #7 of 14 (4172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sure most will prefer competitive games in NWCFL, FC United v Runcorn Linnets friiendly would be reachable. May do that double myself

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (957) Kingsway Park Ashland Rovers 2-0 Underwood Villa
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
22/10 Rocester v NKF Burbage
27/10 Floriana v Senglea Athletic

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 9:00 AM

Team(s): Various

Post #8 of 14 (3900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Much appreciated all !

Will wait for the NWFL fixtures to come out before deciding for sure.

The Fat, Pompous and rather annoying SWP Secretary is a lazy git who doesn't start his season proper to the 10th Aug so the 3rd Aug is good hopping time esp as I really prefer real games to friendlies for my ticks.

Yes I know, I'm another dinosaur !

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

(This post was edited by SWP-Phil on Jul 4, 2019, 9:02 AM)

aiwa
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 4, 2019, 6:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 14 (3381 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I am sure I walked the Stockport/Cheadle Town double - but I suspect that the County kick off may have been 11.00 (Jamuary 1989!)

Stockport v Scunthorpe 7/1/89? I doubled with Macclesfield at 3pm and was on the train, so must have been 11 or 11.30 KO (I no longer have the prog).

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 7:23 PM

Post #10 of 14 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aiwa] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was 11.30, £3 to get in and 60p for the programme. 2656 people were watching.
Scunthorpe took the lead after 2 minutes (Andy Flounders) and increased it just after the break (Tony Daws), Tony Hancock pulled one back but that was the end of the scoring.
Cheadle was 50p to get in, 48 watching and I have made no note as to programmes. No goalscorers

Fat AND Pompous.

Sale Holmfield
First Team Regular

Jul 16, 2019, 7:35 PM

Team(s): Altrincham, Conwy Borough

Post #11 of 14 (2355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am sure you have already seen, but, just in case you haven't, Cheadle Heath Nomads are at home to Stone Old Alleynians that day at 3PM, and as was said, that's the nearest ground to Edgeley Park.

binkerton
Ballboy/girl

Jul 24, 2019, 6:40 PM

Post #12 of 14 (1661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sale Holmfield] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was pleasantly surprised with the ground for our friendly there a couple of weeks ago, obviously they don't have much dosh but the facilities improve each year. Will be a fair number of County fans going. Not sure what their record crowd is since the 2004 merger but I expect it'll be beaten

(This post was edited by binkerton on Jul 24, 2019, 6:41 PM)

pokal02
First Team Star

Jul 25, 2019, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #13 of 14 (1380 views)
Shortcut

...and looking further ahead, Stockport v Barnet is on the NW Groundhop day. I just need the last three hop venues that day, so if I'm tempted by Edgeley Park I can only do one @ 19:45). I imagine it'd be easy to do the 11:00 @ Wythenshawe Ams beforehand.

town ender
Youth Team Sub

Jul 27, 2019, 9:11 AM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 14 (974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Stockport Sat 3rd Aug 12.30 AND .... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Comfortably so. Itís walkable in the time available or fairly close to the number 11 bus route which passes Edgeley Park.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3