Jul 1, 2019, 9:18 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #1 of 7 (1328 views)
Shortcut
Monday July 1 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Djurgardens 2 Kalmar 0
Swedish Allsvenskan League
Admission 300 kronor Programme (eventually) Free

Djurgardens now share the Tele2Arena in Stockholm with Hammarby. Itís a bland, functional new build, 2 tiered seating all around, with some terracing either end, itís blandness not helped by the fact that all the seats are in 3 shades of grey. Excellent sight lines all around though, and no running track between pitch and spectator area. Not a patch on the old Olympia Stadion though for charm. As the crow flies, itís only around 5 miles from the Olympia to the new stadium, but travel time is around 30-45 minutes, which probably explains why attendances for Djurgardens games are greatly reduced from Hammarbyís. Also, the ultras of Hammarby and Djurgardens use different ends. As for the game, it was 75 minutes of mainly Djurgardens possession, albeit short passes along the back line, eventually daring to go forward until losing possession by either a pass going astray, a poor shot, or an opposing player going down with a scream of pain, only to get up and walk away after the free kick had been given. With 15 minutes left, the home side started to panic, seeing 2 points slip away, and more urgency and speed came into their play, and the game got exciting. Eventually after 87 minutes, Kalmarís rearguard was broken, and Djurgardens took the lead. As Kalmar came forward in search of an equaliser, they were hit on the break in the 90th minute by a second goal. Prior to the game, I went in search of a programme, but no one seemed to know where they were sold from, and I saw no fans with one, so assumed that they had stopped issuing. However at half time, I read on their website that programmes were available for sale for 30 kronor at the game, or 10 kronor online. So after the game I again went in search one, and after getting pushed from pillar to post was eventually directed to the press room, where there was some laid out on a table and I was told to help myself. Sure enough the cover price did say 30 kronor, but they said I could have one, so thought I deserved a free one for persistence and shoe leather!

Divisions completed: SW Peninsula League Premier Division West, Welsh Premier League, JD Cymru South Division, JD Cyrmu North, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

(This post was edited by nervous rec on Jul 1, 2019, 9:40 PM)

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Jul 2, 2019, 8:57 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #2 of 7 (1127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Monday July 1 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llandyrnog &District Village Clubs Summer League
Rhewl 1 Henllan 3
No admission or prog, raffle £1
Tea £1, snacks available
Attendance 60 appx.

With the title all but with Llangynhafl this was about securing the runners up spot for Henllan. The lead but were brought level in the early stages. Henllan dominated much of the second half to deservedly win.

No changes here since last season. Enclosed and roped/fenced down the sides. A clear but decidedly cool evening and seemingly especially so after a week in southern Italy.

Post match call in at The Colemendy Arms in Cadole. Superb as always with sample ales from Acorn and Moorhouses breweries.

dtr1989
Youth Team Sub

Jul 2, 2019, 9:13 AM

Team(s): Bury

Post #3 of 7 (1112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Monday July 1 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Atherton Colleries 0-1 Salford City
Pre season friendly
The Skuna Stadium (AKA Alder Street)
Admission £5, Programme £1

Atherton have just been promoted to the Evostick North Premier following a title win in the league below. Salford City have just made it into the big time EFL League 2 following having millions thrown at them.

First visit to Alder Street in Atherton, Wigan. The ground is tucked away however the postcode off Google was correct and took me straight there. Plenty of free street parking. Single entry turnstile with an eccentric man running it calling every bloke 'love' and 'darling'. Believe me working in Salford. calling a bloke that could cause trouble, good job he was behind the gate.
The first thing that struck me was the steep decline of the pitch down to the far end. If you look at my blog, you can see how steep it was as you can see half of the stand before the full stand appears further up! The next thing I spotted was the 'visit Iraq' advertising hoarding. I know Atherton isn't the most appealing place however I couldn't think of anything worse than visiting Iraq.
There are 2 stands at the Skuna. Both on the touchlines that run half the length of the pitch, however they are diagonal from each other. The stand by the dugouts is fully seated, the stand on the opposite end is half seated and half standing. In total the seating capacity is 250, the total capacity is approx. 2000. There is a social club in the stadium, a craft beer stand, refreshments etc.

The game itself was hard work. Salford were attacking up hill first half. The chunky Atherton goalkeeper made 3 good saves to keep Salford at bay. Salford tried to play possession based football, but looked for the over the top ball a bit too much. Atherton didn't have much of the ball so tended to punt the ball forward to the lump of a striker who couldn't hold up a cup of coffee. However on the rare occasion Atherton did have the ball on the ground they actually looked half decent.
The 2nd half saw Salford field a completely different 11. This time the strikers were more of a handful with quick movement. There were less clear cut chances this half however the Atherton substitute keeper made one of the best saves I have ever seen from a header following a Salford corner. The breakthrough came in the 85th minute when a cute pass was played to Salfords striker to tuck it home.

Overall Salford showed their superiority and were the better team however I was impressed with Athertons work rate and team cohesion. I will catch up with Atherton in the season to see how they fare in the Evostick Premier.

https://thepartialview.sport.blog/

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 2, 2019, 1:38 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #4 of 7 (961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Monday July 1 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Evo-Stik's marketing campaign is wasted on youWink

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

dtr1989
Youth Team Sub

Jul 2, 2019, 7:55 PM

Team(s): Bury

Post #5 of 7 (793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Monday July 1 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Evo-Stik's marketing campaign is wasted on youWink

Took me a while to get that, but i finally realised Laugh

https://thepartialview.sport.blog/

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jul 5, 2019, 7:57 AM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #6 of 7 (323 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Monday July 1 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Atherton Colleries 0-1 Salford City
Pre season friendly
The Skuna Stadium (AKA Alder Street)
Admission £5, Programme £1

Atherton have just been promoted to the Evostick North Premier following a title win in the league below. Salford City have just made it into the big time EFL League 2 following having millions thrown at them.

First visit to Alder Street in Atherton, Wigan. The ground is tucked away however the postcode off Google was correct and took me straight there. Plenty of free street parking. Single entry turnstile with an eccentric man running it calling every bloke 'love' and 'darling'. Believe me working in Salford. calling a bloke that could cause trouble, good job he was behind the gate.
The first thing that struck me was the steep decline of the pitch down to the far end. If you look at my blog, you can see how steep it was as you can see half of the stand before the full stand appears further up! The next thing I spotted was the 'visit Iraq' advertising hoarding. I know Atherton isn't the most appealing place however I couldn't think of anything worse than visiting Iraq.
There are 2 stands at the Skuna. Both on the touchlines that run half the length of the pitch, however they are diagonal from each other. The stand by the dugouts is fully seated, the stand on the opposite end is half seated and half standing. In total the seating capacity is 250, the total capacity is approx. 2000. There is a social club in the stadium, a craft beer stand, refreshments etc.

The game itself was hard work. Salford were attacking up hill first half. The chunky Atherton goalkeeper made 3 good saves to keep Salford at bay. Salford tried to play possession based football, but looked for the over the top ball a bit too much. Atherton didn't have much of the ball so tended to punt the ball forward to the lump of a striker who couldn't hold up a cup of coffee. However on the rare occasion Atherton did have the ball on the ground they actually looked half decent.
The 2nd half saw Salford field a completely different 11. This time the strikers were more of a handful with quick movement. There were less clear cut chances this half however the Atherton substitute keeper made one of the best saves I have ever seen from a header following a Salford corner. The breakthrough came in the 85th minute when a cute pass was played to Salfords striker to tuck it home.

Overall Salford showed their superiority and were the better team however I was impressed with Athertons work rate and team cohesion. I will catch up with Atherton in the season to see how they fare in the Evostick Premier.

I can safely say Atherton isnít in Wigan - borough, maybe, but it also has a Manchester postcode and part of Leigh and Bolton West parliamentary constituencies!

Missed the game as Iím currently in Cyprus, but the Ďvisit Iraqí is related to new training kit sponsors Lupine Travel, the company behind the well-publicised Ďtrain trip to North Koreaí, offering a package that begins with a Collís game as featured here
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/north-korea-wigan-train-tickets-atherton-greater-manchester-pyongyang-lupine-travel-a8956841.html?amp

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Jul 6, 2019, 9:11 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #7 of 7 (161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Monday July 1 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd 2-4 Cefn (1-2 HT) at Oakland's Bridge
Llandyrnog Summer League
Admission: Free, Programme: None, Tea: £1, Big slice of chocolate shortcake: £1
Attendance: 35 (h/c)

Another trip into this league, a revisit this time though to the closest team in this league to me. Both sides stuck in mid table with nowt to play for but they served up an entertaining fixture. Llanfair took the lead and were the better side in the opening stages but let Cefn equalise with one of their first real attacks. The hosts then missed a penalty, apparently the bloke who took it had missed a few this season, which turned the game somewhat and allowed the visitors back into it, leading to them taking the lead a few minutes before the interval. Llanfair managed to equalise from a corner around 5 minutes after the restart, and from then on the game was in the balance. A bungled in own goal gave Cefn the lead with a quarter of an hour left and the decisive blow was struck in injury time with a close range finish, although both sides missed quite a few chances to add to their tally.

No changes since my previous visit, still a well kept farmers field full of sheep poo. Tea table also still in operation from the back of a car. Great weather, nice hilly backdrop, tea in a mug, dodgy football, what's not to like? Might go for a Shield game next week.

Grounds visited: 298
Last new ground: Welfare Ground (Brandon United)
Next planned fixture: S Shields v Atherton Colls - NPL Premier - 5/10/19

(This post was edited by Ipeland on Jul 6, 2019, 9:13 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3