Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 30, 2019, 2:07 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #1 of 7 (1549 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 30 June Can't Post or Reply Privately

10.15am
Manchester Summer Cup, Group A
Stretford Victoria Athletic 1 Prestwich United 3 (att 3)

Concluded my 2018/19 season with a decent match in the Manchester Summer Cup played on a newish 3G facility at Dean Trust Ardwick, a school that opened in 2015. The ground became home to Parrswood Celtic in the Lancs & Cheshire Amateur League during the season.

Both these sides play Sunday football in the winter, and based on Summer Cup results so far I expected an easy win for Stretford. They looked the better footballing side, but once Prestwich got a fortunate goal to go in front they defended well.

Stretford had most of the possession and the bulk of the chances, but paid for not taking them. When they did get a shot on target the Prestwich keeper was on good form. Prestwich made the most of their chances, doubling their lead an an hour played, and adding a third with two minutes left. Stretford's consolation came in stoppage time.

My 2019/20 season should begin next weekend.

More on this game on my blog https://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...tic-v-prestwich.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Jun 30, 2019, 6:39 PM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #2 of 7 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Sunday 30 June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PATTINGHAM OLD BOYS (0) 0 WOLVES ALL STARS (0) 2 Charity at Pattingham Park Bowl.Admission with programme £2.Att: 400 estimate. A fairly strong Wolves team which included Mel Eves,Colin Taylor,Tony Dinning,Jody Craddock,Seyi Olofinjana and Nigel Qhasie were too strong for the home side.A grass bank runs along one touchline and most of the large crowd were gathered here in the sunshine.Not sure if any Saturday team play here.Over £700 was raised for the Compton Hospice.

(This post was edited by hotchkiss on Jun 30, 2019, 10:50 PM)

nervous rec
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 30, 2019, 6:58 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #3 of 7 (1369 views)
Shortcut

AIK 0 Malmo FF 0
Swedish Allsvenskan League
Admission 389 kronor No Programme

AIK play at the Swedish National Stadium in Stockholm, the Friends Arena. It is a 3 tiered stadium, with the top tier closed for this game, and the middle tier over half empty. The official attendance this afternoon was 19,141. The game was nothing to write home about, neither side really troubled the opposition goalkeeper. Both sides looked evenly matched, and Malmo will be happier with their point as they remain 6 points clear of AIK, who move up to 2nd place as Djurgardens don’t play until tomorrow.

Divisions completed: SW Peninsula League Premier Division West, Welsh Premier League, JD Cymru South Division, JD Cyrmu North, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Jul 1, 2019, 12:50 AM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #4 of 7 (1148 views)
Shortcut

Tom Hunter (Highland Welfare) Cup, R1
Kingussie 2-0 Longside Thistle
@ Carrbridge - no club currently playing here

f&n
h/c 6 @ KO, rose to an eventual 11.

This one was impossible to resist - not only a(nother) bracketed tick home venue for a Kingussie game during their ongoing inability to play at their home venue due to problems with the goals, but it also being a now-rare chance to see a game at Carrbridge - no club plays here nowadays, indeed Kingussie had to come the day before to paint some lines since it was just plain meadow.
This level of detail came courtesy of the Kingussie number 11's girlfriend, back from uni, who struck up conversation with me, there being so few of us at KO. But when one of her pals + boyfriend (a shinty player) turned up later, the details of who is sleeping with whom in Kingussie were laid bare. I'll spare you the details.

Kingussie with only 11, as they had been the night I'd seen them ship double figures at Grantown United. No manager, no committee, no subs, Apparently the manager and one other player were in Croatia going to a festival.
So quite shameful for Longside Thistle with subs and manager that they couldn't even match Kingussie, who were deserved winners with goals 7 minutes from the start and 7 minutes from the end. The near-Peterhead visitors lost it, mouthing at the ref, despite his warning, so a red was shown.

The Carrbridge pitch adjoins the village's car park - this is a tourist destination for its steeply-arched ancient bridge. How on earth the horses didn't get run over by their carts on the steep downhill side is beyond me. Plenty of establishments ready to separate tourists from their money in this village, including a series of pubs. Best is the GBG-listed Cairn Hotel, with three handpumps, CAMRA discount, and a decent Sunday roast that I partook of pre-match. Nearby in Grantown is the brew-café home of the Two Thirsty Men brewery, but I've previously had all theirs in there.

No football furniture, although the kiddies' playpark is very well equipped and has rustic picnic tables that served as seated viewing. The pavilion is off alongside a BMX park on the other side.

Some spectators were distracted by going to the aid of a French family who had yale-locked their rented camper-van with its keys inside, so needed help to break open one of its windows and shovel a small child through. More drama than on the pitch!

In other news in this cup, Aviemore Thistle again failed to find eleven players, scratching late-on for which (11's girlfriend told me) they'll be fined, and that on top of the fee they'd had to pay to keep Aviemore's Leisure Centre open beyond its normal Sabbath hours, ultimately unnecessarily.

coops
First Team Sub

Jul 2, 2019, 3:55 AM

Team(s): Tamworth

Post #5 of 7 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotchkiss] Sunday 30 June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
PATTINGHAM OLD BOYS (0) 0 WOLVES ALL STARS (0) 2 Charity at Pattingham Park Bowl.Admission with programme £2.Att: 400 estimate. A fairly strong Wolves team which included Mel Eves,Colin Taylor,Tony Dinning,Jody Craddock,Seyi Olofinjana and Nigel Qhasie were too strong for the home side.A grass bank runs along one touchline and most of the large crowd were gathered here in the sunshine.Not sure if any Saturday team play here.

Castlecroft Rangers used to play there in the Birmingham AFA but I don't think any Saturday side use it now.

pokal02
First Team Star

Jul 8, 2019, 8:39 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #6 of 7 (396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Sunday 30 June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Zimbru Chisinau 0-2 Petrocub Hincesti
Moldova National Division
Att est 1000 Adm 30 lei (about £1.30) No Prog

My intended game at Real Succces on Saturday was moved by a month at 24 hours' notice, so just this one for me on a 8 day tour of Moldova.

A roughly English Championship sized all seater in green and yellow on a main road about 2.5 miles south of town centre offering good views. Large Soviet-style apartment blocks tower over two corners.

There wasn't any noticeable segregation, judging fron the reaction to the goals, with almost no-one wearing club colours.

Chisinau, 2nd bottom, were pretty poor and once the visitors, from about 40 miles south, scrambled a goal from a corner on 30 mins there was likely to be only one result. A run past the offside trap and neat finish on 75 mins clinched it.

I had a driver for this one but am sure there would have been buses back to town afterwards, even with the 20:00 KO.

I liked the country, one of Eastern Europe's many ethnic melting pots. The people are generally warm and friendly (except the Transnistrian border officials, but that's another story), English is fairly widely spoken in the capital and it's impossible to spend much money, a decent 3-course meal for two in a modest restaurant setting us back less than £15.

(This post was edited by pokal02 on Jul 8, 2019, 9:13 AM)

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 8, 2019, 10:55 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #7 of 7 (336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Sunday 30 June [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

14-00.
NPSL.
FC Buffalo v Rochester Lancers.
Robert E Rich ''All High'' Stadium.

A late Buffalo equalizer on Friday night at Eerie meant Buffalo had to win this game to qualify for play/offs , Rochester already qualified.

It drew in a decent crowd only for Rochester Lancers to equalize an early goal and hang on for a 1-1 draw much to FC Buffalos pain.

3-8 miles / 8 mins to-
Not doable in time, tardy start /water breaks/lengthy stoppages/, would have meant missing at least 5 minutes, NO THANKS.
16-00.
Buffalo & D Div 1.
Celtic 1888 v Crimson SPAL.
Kenmore West H S, Crosby Field

18-00.
Buffalo & D Premier.
Pendleton United v BSC International.
Sweet Home H S Panthers Field.

Buffalo & District top tier, Pendleton bottom & BSC 4th, bit of a shock with Pendleton earning a point in their relegation fight. 1-1.

Prompt start and not much play acting meant a chance of reaching Sparky Adams , it was done with 2 minutes to spare.
So a possible 4 turned into a treble , JUST.

6 miles / 9 mins to -

20-00.
Buffalo & D Premier.
BSC Raiders v Lackawanna FCY.
Kenmore East H S Sparky Adams Field.

Another top tier clash , this time between the top 2 , Raiders were 2nd and Lackawanna top. Both having won 6 and drawing 1 with LFCY on top with GD.
Lackawanna FCY were everybody's favourite to win the division after 2 leading Yemen sides combined, FC Yemen & Yemen Elite joined to form LFCY.

Great performance by Raiders to win 3-0 , this not going down well with the Yemen followers in the decent crowd !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3