Jun 28, 2019, 7:42 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #1 of 4 (965 views)
Shortcut
Friday 28 June 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Örebro Sk 0 Helsingborg IF 1
Swedish Allsvenskan (Premier) Division
Admission 300 krona Programme Free

Ground accurately described by Buncrana Boy, WDYG 6 June 2015, nothing appears to have changed, and nothing further to add, except the programme has been slimmed down to a 2 side A5 sheet, with squad names on one side and match details on the other. As for the game, Helsingborg looked slightly the better side, defended well, and created a few chances, mostly tame shots straight at the keeper, except for one which beat the keeper on 38 minutes. Örebro were poor, and didn’t really look like scoring. An early flight this morning meant that I had time prior to the game to look around the castle, cathedral and spend time relaxing in the warm sunshine by the river prior to the game.

Football seen in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Italy Czech Republic, Ukraine, Gibraltar, Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, U.S.A., Canada, Portugal, and Slovakia.

Divisions completed: SW Peninsula League Premier Division West, Welsh Premier League, Welsh Championship South Division, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

(This post was edited by nervous rec on Jun 28, 2019, 7:51 PM)

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 28, 2019, 8:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 4 (938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Friday 28 June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Jersey 0, Exeter City 5; att 367

at Springfield 6.30p.m.

Temperature 26C (23C at final whistle)

Ryan Bowman 19 & 32, Pierce Sweeney 28, Lee Holmes 55, Ben Seymour 57

Admission £5, 4 page A5 colour programme & VIP team sheets

Exeter City

Lewis Ward (Jonny Maxted 46)
Pierce Sweeney (Will Dean 29)
Aaron Martin (Jordan Dyer 46)
Alex Hartridge (Jordan Tilson 46)
Tom Parkes (Dean Moxey 46)
Lee Martin (Harry Kite 29)
Randell Williams (Lee Holmes 46)
Jake Taylor(c) (Jack Sparkes 29)
Archie Collins (Ben Seymour 46)
Ryan Bowman (Alex Fisher 46)
Matt Jay (Joel Randall 46)
Gary Warren (not used)

Jersey

Euan Van der Vliet (Dan Birrell 69)
(Van der Vliet returned for injured Birrell 89)
Jonny Le Quesne (Luke Shirley 79)
Jay Giles
Jack Cannon(vc) (James Carr 69)
Stuart Andre(c) (Harry Curtis 52)
Kamen Nafkha
Zeljko Martinovic (Fraser Barlow 60)
Adam Trotter
Karl Hinds (Ruben Mendes-Pestana back on 80)
Ruben Mendes-Pestana (Jake Prince 38)
Sol Solomon (Joe Kilshaw 79)

Referee - Steven Hughes (Brighton)
Assistants - Luke Nerac, Neil Giannoni, Mark Le Cornu (all Jersey)

(This post was edited by John Treleven on Jun 28, 2019, 9:04 PM)

Nobody's Heroes
Youth Team Regular

Jun 30, 2019, 8:13 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, CPD Porthmadog, Ross County

Post #3 of 4 (480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Friday 28 June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SSI Airtricity Division 1

Drogheda United 1 Bray Wanderers 0

United Park, Drogheda

Attendance - 1100 Admission - 15 Euros Programme - 3 Euros

Having seen Bray Wanderers play in my first fixture of 2018/18, it was coincidental that I should also see them play in my last fixture of this particular season.

Friday morning ferry from Holyhead and then the 50 minute train journey from Dublin Connelly to Drogheda and an overnight B & B before the same journey in reverse on the Saturday.

The Drogs are celebrating their 100 year centenary since formation this year and are currently well placed in Division 1 with a play off place looking most likely at this juncture. The centenary was celebrated during this particular game with a host of ex-players from the 1970's and 80's being introduced to the crowd during the half time break. The game was non-descript, maybe down to the warm and humid conditions or the fact that this was the first game back for both teams since the mid-season break. The game looked a 0-0 banker until the home side scored in the 90th minute to claim the points.

United Park (or Hunky Dorys Park) is situated a good half hour walk from the railway station and is adjoined to the home park of O'Raghallaighs Gaelic Football Park, the home stadium of Louth's Gaelic Football Team with its 7000 capacity.

United Park was homely if not a little ramshackle. There was a minimal uncovered standing area behind one goal and non at all behind the other with a large walled area behind the goal. The far side of the pitch housed the majority of the 1500 seats with a standing area behind these and seemed to house the vast majority of those in attendance. The nearside of the pitch which also included the main entrance housed a smaller seated area as well as a covered standing area as well as the bar/clubhouse situated up a flight of stairs.

There was also an air of celebration on the evening with the announcement that Drogheda United, Drogheda Boys and the Drogheda District School Children's League were joining forces to form a development pathway for local youngsters to be known as 'One Drogheda'. Good luck to them with this worthwhile venture.

A good was to end the 2018/19 season with 2019/20 kicking off for me with The New Saints in Europe on July 9th.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 6, 2019, 3:37 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #4 of 4 (97 views)
Shortcut

Sweden, Division 2 (Sodra Svealand) 7.30pm

Assyriska FF 3 Arameisk-Syrianska IF 1 (H/T 0-0)

Entry – 80 Swedish krona (glossy colour ticket with list of home fixtures for 2019 printed on it)

Programme – none (but at least I had got programmes at the other two Assyriska home games attended in the past)

Crowd – given as 500, although I think it was closer to 300.

My third different ground which I had ticked in the town of Sodertalje alone, and all three being for Assyriska FF home games! How did such a situation arise? This game was not being played at the home side’s usual ground (the Sodertalje Fotbollstadion) as work was taking place to replace the pitch there with a new one. Instead, it was played at the Ostertalje IP. a much more basic venue in the Sodertalje suburb of Ostertalje. This is the home venue of Sodertalje FK, who play in the same division. As I had already seen Assyriska play two home games before (at the Barsta IP in 2001 and the Sodertalje Fotbollstadion in 2006) I would have preferred to tick this ground for a Sodertalje FK home game, but this was the only new tick this evening, with the only other fixture in the Stockholm area being at Farsta, and that would have been a revisit for me. So, in the end I was grateful for the late and unexpected change of venue for this Assyriska home fixture.

I walked to Stockholm city centre from my hotel and then travelled on a SL train to Ostertalje from the new ‘Stockholm City’ station, which was the first time I had used it since its opening in 2017. This was built underneath the Stockholm Central station in order to get rid of the congestion and delays that were previously experienced when SL trains had to share the main station’s tracks with SJ trains. There is also a lot of work going on to the immediate south of the main station to replace the road and rail bridges and this will not be fully completed until 2022 - this means that at certain times, southbound long-distance trains have to start from Flemingsburg rather than the central station.

The Ostertalje IP is around eight minutes walk from Ostertalje station, on the SL train line from Stockholm to Sodertalje Centrum. The walk is best done by using signposted footpaths and then using a footbridge to cross the road where the ground is located, as this road does not have a pavement. As already mentioned, the ground is rather basic. There is no cover for spectators and the pitch is not even roped off. The only facility for spectators is an open bleacher-type stand with wooden terracing and some steel crush barriers. located off-centre on one side of the pitch. The dressing rooms are located in a large building some distance from the pitch. It would be possible to view for free through the tall wire mesh fence that surrounds the ground, but not very many people did this, preferring instead to wait until after half-time when gate money was no longer being taken.

After a scoreless first half, the game had a dramatic conclusion when the home side scored twice in stoppage time (the first of these goals being a penalty) to the delight of the crowd (Assyriska have retained a sizeable core of support following their time in the ‘Allsvenskan’ some years back) and they probably deserved their victory, particularly as the penalty award was basically uncontested, if not quite as clear-cut as the one I had seen the previous evening.
It took me less than ten minutes to wait at Ostertalje station after the game for a train back to Stockholm, but instead of going all the way into the city centre, I alighted at Alvsjo station and from there it was only about 35 minutes walk to my hotel, the later stages of the walking route overlapping with the route I had taken back from the Hagsatra IP the previous evening.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Aug 6, 2019, 3:39 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3