Promotions and Relegations - Europe

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 26, 2019, 10:06 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 20 (3129 views)
Shortcut
Promotions and Relegations - Europe Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought a thread to allow general posts of the ups and downs across Europe during the summer

Please make clear if you are speculating, rather than confirmed

I'll start off with the the top two divisions in Austria, confirmed from the league fixtures

Bundesliga - the bottom team, Wacker Innsbruck are replaced by Wattens, who are apparently to be known as WSG Swarovski Tirol. I expect WSG to play in Innsbruck, not Wattens. The name is close or the same as when under the Swarovski sponsors, the Wattens and Innsbruck teams were merged with considerable success.

2. Liga. As a result of the relegation of Wacker Innsbruck from the Bundesliga, their reserve team has to drop out from this. Wiener Neustadt were expelled from the league, licenseless, after finishing 6th. With no team promoted from the Regionalliga Ost, there was no relegation on league positions. GAK (Mitte) and Dornbirn (West) are promoted from the other Regionalliga.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 3, 2019, 12:12 AM

Post #2 of 20 (2929 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Austria still.
Regionalliga Mitte. Bottom side FC Wels appear to still be in the league, with the two immediately ahead of them, Lendorf and Volkermarkt both heading to the Karntner Liga. The champions in Karntner (ATSV Wolfberg) and Steier (St Anna) go up along with the Oberosterreich runners-up (SV Ried II)

Regionalliga OSt. With no one going up, and Wiener Neustadt coming in, there are four relegation places, going to Parndorf, St. Polten II, Stadlau and Schwechat. The new teams are all champions, Drassburg (Burgenland), Stripfing (Niederosterreich) and Wiener Viktoria (Wien). The one uncertainty is the name Mannsdorf-Grossenzersdorf. Soccerway gives this name, but I think they will be renamed FC Marchfeld Donauauen (same club and stadium, I think)

Regionalliga West - disbanded.
The new Regionalliga (or is it Eliteliga) Salzburg is ten teams, Anif (3), Seekirchen (5), TSV St Johnann in Pongau (6), Grodig (10), Wals-Grunau (12), Pinzgai-Saalfelden (14) and Bischofshofen (last) from the Regionalliga West, along with the top three from the Salzburg Landesliga, Salzburg AK, Austria Salzburg and Kuchl

The new Regionalliga (or is it Eliteliga) Tirol, also ten teams. Wacker Innsbruck II (relegated from 2. Liga due to Wacker Innsbruck droppping into the division), Kitzbuhel (2), Kufstein (4), Schwaz (7), Worgl (8) and Reichenau (9) from the regionalliga, and Hall, Telfs, Imst and Zirls - the top four if the Tirol Liga

That leaves the Eliteliga (or is it regionalliga) Vorarlberg, with the remainder of the Regionalliga - Hohenems, Altach II and Langenegg joined by seven Landesliga teams, Wolfurt, SW Bregenz, Lauterach, Rankwwil, Rothis, Dornbirner SV and Austria Lustenau II.

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 3, 2019, 2:49 PM

Post #3 of 20 (2843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Did a little bit of checking over Regionalliga Mitte.

It appears that both the Volkermarkt and Lendorf relegations were voluntary, and came after Wiener Neustadt's enforced move to Regionalliga Ost meant that there was a vacancy (the non-relegation of Steyr).

This resulted in what appears to be a confused response on the FC Wels website, after they are reprieved despite finishing last. On the one hand, they welcomed the chance to do better this time, but they also bemoaned that the rules in their Lander (Oberosterreich), they were not allowed to take a voluntary one division drop and resigning from the Regionalliga would therefore place them lower in the system. Karntner allows their teams to drop a single division by request.

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 3, 2019, 5:57 PM

Post #4 of 20 (2809 views)
Shortcut

Let's see if I can unravel Germany. For the moment I am looking at the top four divisions, leaving the lower stuff for myself or others to post later.
The German Regionalliga, like the Austrian has fixed boundaries, although a small number of teams in North West Bavaria are permitted into the SudWest structure.

Starting with the Bundesliga, where it was good to have a challenge to the dominance of Bayern Munchen. BVB taking them to the final weeks but finishing a Liverpool-like two points short.

Nurnberg and Hannover take the automatic relegation places, while VfB Stuttgart went into a play-off where they were beaten on away goals by Union Berlin.

Abover Union Berlin, 1. FC Koln and Paderborn took the automatic promotion places, which means I need one team (Paderborn) to complete the Bundesliga again. I'm unlikely to pick them off this season. 1. FC Koln are immediately installed as favourites for the 2. Bundesliga title in 2021 as wellSmile.

At the other end, MSV Duisburg and Magdeburg took automatic relegation, while Ingolstadt fell into the play-off position

Osnabruck took the 3. Liga title with comfort, despite losing three in a row at the end of the season. Karlsruhe finished second to go up with them. The play-off, as with the one above went to away goals, with both contenders winning the away leg. Wehen Wiesbaden finished third in 3. Liga, but lost 2-1 at home to Ingolstadt. By half time in the second leg, they had a 4-3 advantage. Ingolstadt levelled the aggregate after the break, but could not take the tie.

Bottom of the 3. Liga, it is now four teams relegated and these were VfR Aalen, Fortuna Koln, Sportfreunde Lotte and Energie Cottbus.

With four teams relegated to the Regionalliga, there is room for four, (rather than three in the past) to get promoted. There was a play-off between the Champions of the Nord and Bayern regions, with Wolfsburg II (of Nord) being the team that missed out

Both the champions of Bayern and Nord get direct promotion in 2020, with the West and NordOst teams being those in play-offs

Niedersachsen champions, Hannoverscher SC were promoted to Regionalliga Nord, along with Hamburg champions, Altona 93 and fourth placed Schleswig-Holstein team, Heider SV. I am not certain why the top three here were not permitted into a three team play-off group which also included Bremer SV from the Bremen liga.

The second placed team in Niedersachsen, played against the fourth from bottom side in the Regionalliga, with Luneburger SK Hansa winning both legs against Eintracht Northeim to retain their place at the fourth level.

From Regionalliga NordOst, Chemnitz went up to 3.Liga, while Cottbus made to opposite journey. Promotion into the division is limited to the champions of the two Oberliga, SV Lichtenberg (NordOst-Nost) and Chemie Leipzig (NordOst-Sud). The relegated teams were Budissa Bautzen (last place) and Oberlausitz Neugersdorf (15th of 18), Neugersdorf chosing to take the drop and hence a reprieve for optik Rathenow.

Two teams, Fortuna Koln and Sportfreunde Lotte were relegated from 3. Liga to Regionalliga West, with Viktoria Koln going the other way. This means the league will run with 19, rather than 18 for the season with a minium of four and a maximum of six to be relegated. The bottom four from last season, all relegated were Herkenrath, Wiedenbruck, Straelen and Kaan-Marienborn. Promoted teams are SV Bergish Gladbach (Mittlerhein champions), VfB Homberg (Niederrhein champions), Schalke II and TuS Haltern (top two in Westfalen).

Regionalliga SudWest losed Waldhof Mannheim (promoted to 3. Liga) and the bottom four, Hessen Dreieich, Eintract Stadtallendorf, Wormatia Worms and VfB Stuttgart II. In comes VfR Aalen (relegated from 3. Liga). Into the division comes the champions of Rheinland-Pfalz/Saar, RW Koblenz, from Hessen, Giessen and from Baden-Wurttemberg, Bahlinger SC. The runners-up of each of the three leagues enter a play-off group in which all games were drawn! As Bayern Alzenau were the away team in the first game (2-2) while the others were 1-1, I believe they went up due to away goals. Despite being in Bavaria, Alzenau compete as a Hessen team

Finally, Regionalliga Bayern. The champions Bayern II, beat Wolfsburg II and took promotion to the 3. Liga. The division also lost Pipinsried (bottom) and Ingolstadt II (9th). The latter were relegated to keep a two division gap with their first team who were relegated into 3. Liga. The next two teams up, Heimstetten and 1860 Rosenheim won play-off games against the runners-up of Bayernliga Nord (Gebenbach) and Bayernliga Sud (TSV Rain-am-Lech) respectively. The two champions, Aubstadt and Turkgucu Ataspor Munchen were promoted automatically. As this left a vacancy, Gebenbach and Rain played off for this, with Rain winning promotion

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 12:53 PM

Post #5 of 20 (2706 views)
Shortcut

BELGIUM
Very few leagues can be as confusing as Belgium, and I am typing this out as I look through the file. This was supplied by the "lurker" known as Abbswolf

One change at the top level (Division 1A) with Lokeren relegated and replaced by Beerschot (I think)
Mechelen had won promotion, but as a result of the match fixing case, they were not allowed promotion, they have also been banned (by the Belgium FA) from European football for one season (I guess the next time they qualify, if ever), and the FA Cup for one season (I guess 2019-20, although that means a bye as the first and second round numbers have not been adjusted for this). I am still waiting for confirmation that the appeals have all gone against Mechelen, (except the "cheeky" one from Tubize, that suggested that Mechelen should drop to First Amateur).

As it is not difficult to guess from the above, it is Tubize who finished in the relegation spot from division 1B. They are replaced by Excelsior Virton. Virton won the end of season play-off with four wins and two draws, hence easily overturning a four point deficit in the accrued points (half points from the regular season are added to those won in the final six games.

Virton are out on a limb as far as travel is concerned. I believe the longest journey amongst the other seven teams is 176 km from Roeselare to Lommel (google maps), the shortest journey for Virton will be 190 km to Union St Gilloise.

I have to go out now, so I'll be back later when I work out the amateur changes

Fat AND Pompous.

Attachments: Belgian League Compositions 2019-20.docx (30.2 KB)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 3:25 PM

Post #6 of 20 (2682 views)
Shortcut

Virton's title takes them out of 1st Amateur League, with Tubize replacing them
The bottom three in the First Amateur were Knokke, Eendracht Aalst and Geel and all were relegated, along with Oudenaarde who could not retain their place through the play offs.

The three champions of the Second Amateur were St. Eloois-Winkel Sport (VFV A), Patro Eisden Maasmechelen (VFV B) and La Louviere Centre (ACFF), Vise (runners-up in ACFF) took the eventual play-off crown to complete the division

Oudenaarde and Knokke are relegated to VFV A, (Basically Flanders West). Olympia Wijgmaal move to VFV B, along with Londerzeel, DiegemThe bottom two, Brakel and Tempo Overijse were relegated automatically, with third from bottom, Eppegem beating City Pirates for a hope of staying up, but then losing this when Vise were promoted.
Vigor Wuitens Hamme transfer from VFV B to VFV A, along with Temse and Sportring St. Niklaas
Merelbeke (Champions 3rd Am, VFV-A) and Vorwaarts Zwevezele (3rd place, 3rd Am, VFV-A via play-offs) Promototed into VFV A

Eendracht Aalst and Geel are relegated to VFV-B, with the three transfers each way as shown above between VFV-A and VFV-BThe bottom three, Heur-Tongeren, Turnhout and City Pirates were all relegated. In the case of the Pirates, this was after defeat by Eppegem, but as things turned out, they would have been down anyway.

That leaves places for Tienen (Champions 3rd Am, VFV-B) and Pepingen-Halle (4th Place, 3rd Am, VFV-A via Play-offs)

From the ACFF, two teams (La Louviere Centre and Vise) went up, and none moved in the opposite direction.

Three teams were scheduled for relegation, Walhain (14th), Olympic Charleroi (15th) and Ciney (16th of 16). Walhain and Ciney are in the 3rd Amateur Leagues (ACFF-A and ACFF-B respectively). Olympic Charleroi have once again morphed and merged and now appear in the name and number Olympic Charleroi-Chatelet-Farciennes - this means the merged club (formed of merged clubs which in turn were formed by mergers) in in the 1st Amateur League.
The champions of ACFF-A were Union Namur Fosses, and the champions of ACFF-B were Stockay Warfusee - both promoted with the play-off winners Verlaine (4th, ACFF-B) and Onhaye (5th, ACFF-B). The play-off between the losers in the play-off finals finished with Givry (2nd ACFF-B) beating Tournai to claim the additional place in ACFF

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 6:56 PM

Post #7 of 20 (2647 views)
Shortcut

The final part of my Belgium run down, looking at the third Amateur League, which has two Flemish Divisions, VFV and two Walloon, ACFF

From VFV-A, seven teams have left, three were promoted (Merelbeke, Zevezele and Pepingen-Halle) as detailed in the last post

Four teams at the bottom end, Woluwe-Zaventem, Kampenhout, Wervik and Oostkamp were relegated. In the case of Oostkamp, they won a play-off but were relegated anyway due to the knock on effects from above

Seven replacement teams are Brakel, Tempo Overijse and Eppegem (relegated from VFV-A at 2nd Amateur level)
Bornem (from VFV-B), Ninove (Oost Vlaanderen Champions), Lochristi (Oost Vlaanderen 5th, Play off winners) and Oostniewkerke (West Vlaanderen Champions)

From VFV-B, Tienen were promoted (see previous post) and Bornem switched to VFV-A (above)

The bottom four, all relegated were Racing Mechelen, Leopoldsburg, Nijlen and Ternesse

Heur-Tongeren, Turnhout and City Pirates join from the level above while the promoted teams are Witgoor Sport Dessel (Antwerp Champions), Beringen (Limburg Champions) and Linden (Brabant/VFV Champions)

From ACFF-A, there was only one exchange with the higher division, Champions Union Namur Fosses being replaced by relegated Walhain.

The bottom three, Binche, Stockel and Tamines were all relegated, but although 13th placed Ganshoren lost their relegation play-off, neither they (nor Oppagne-Weris who beat them) went down.

Aische get transferred from ACFF-A to ACFF-B

Incoming are Tetre Hautrage (Hainaut Champions), Gosselies (Hainaut 3rd), Kosovo Schaerbeek (Brabant/ACFF 2nd) and Pont a Celles Buzet (Hainaut, 8th).

ACFF-B, as said above had four teams promoted in Stockay Warfusee, Givry, Verlaine and Onhaye, and also three get relegated, Condruzien, La Calamine and Longlier

Incomers already mentioned are relegated Ciney and transferred Aische

In addition, we get Jodoigne (Brabant ACFF Champions), Habay le Neuve (Luxembourg Champions), Raeren-Eynatten (Liege Champions), Spy (Namur Champions) and Rochefort (Namur 3rd)

Fat AND Pompous.

zebedee
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 7:41 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #8 of 20 (2636 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
BELGIUM
Mechelen had won promotion, but as a result of the match fixing case, they were not allowed promotion, they have also been banned (by the Belgium FA) from European football for one season (I guess the next time they qualify, if ever), and the FA Cup for one season (I guess 2019-20, although that means a bye as the first and second round numbers have not been adjusted for this). I am still waiting for confirmation that the appeals have all gone against Mechelen, (except the "cheeky" one from Tubize, that suggested that Mechelen should drop to First Amateur)

Mechelen won the Belgian Cup last season, so theoretically should be going into the group stage of this season's Europa League

(This post was edited by zebedee on Jul 4, 2019, 7:42 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 8:14 PM

Post #9 of 20 (2627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, I had not checked that.

UEFA are waiting on the Belgium courts. They have placed Antwerp (against Viitorul Constana) in the second qualifying round, but if the decision goes against Mechelen, AA Gent will replace Antwerp. Antwerp will then enter in the next round and Standard Liege will get the group stage place.

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 10:23 PM

Post #10 of 20 (2602 views)
Shortcut

Netherlands
Not only did the bottom team in the Eredivisie (NAC Breda) get relegated, but neither of the next two up (De Graafschap and Excelsior) survived the play-offs, so it is three down, with the replacements being Eerste Divisie Champions Twente, along with RKC Waalwijk (2nd) and Sparta Rotterdam (8th)

There is no movement between the Eerste and the Tweede Divisie - so AFC (Amsterdamsche Football Club) stay at the third level (Tweede Divisie)

An agreement to reduce the number of reserve teams to two, means that Jong Almere City as the lowest placed second team (finishing 16th of 18) were relegated instead of going into the play offs. Barendrecht finished bottom and went down, Lienden and VVSB were in the play-offs, but did not survive.

Promoted teams to the Tweede were ASWH (7th place, Saturday), Noordwijk (Champions, Saturday), Quick Boys (Runners-Up, Saturday), Jong Volendam (Champions, Sunday) and TEC (Runners-up, Sunday)
As a reserve team won promotion, the agreement was that another reserve should also be relegated. It appears from the league table that this should be the reserves of Sparta Rotterdam, but the fixtures on Soccerway are still showing them and instead have Jong Vitesse missing. As Vitesse are not showing in the Derde for 2019-20, my guess is they have dropped out completely
Note that TEC did not enter the play-offs, but were given their promotion directly.

Of the teams relegated from the Tweede Divisie, Jong Almere, VVSB and Barendrecht went into the Derde Divisie (Saturday) League, with only Lienden going to the Sunday League.
The bottom two teams from each of the Saturday and Sunday Derde Divisie are relegated directly to Hoofdklasse
These were ASV De Dijk and Achilles 29 (Saturday), Quick 20 and HBS Craeyenhout (Sunday).
The four Hoofdklasse Champions were promoted, these are Ter Leede (Saturday A), Excelsior '31 (Saturday B), DEM (Sunday A), and Groene Star (Sunday B). Naturally, the Saturday teams will play in the Derde Divisie (Saturday) and the Sunday teams stick to the Sunday League

The rest of the rules were decided by a special Netherlands committee for complicating promotion and relegation play-offs. In short, two teams finishing 15th and 16th in each of the Saturday and Sunday Derde Divisie, plus three period winners (or substitutes in the case of multiple period winners, or the period winner winning the title), from each Hoofdklasse would take place in play-offs to decide Three Places in the Derde Divisie.

With the loss of Vitesse added in, this means each Derde Divisie is reduced from 18 to 17 teams.
The play-offs were arranged with one Saturday contest, including both teams fighting against relegation (so only one could survive), and a Sunday Contest under similar rules. Each of these would be five teams, with three of the period winners (or substitutes) in each. The third play-off section involved three period winners (or substitutes) from each of the Saturday and Sunday Hoofdklasse, with the only Saturday v Sunday match being the final tie.
None of the sides coming from the Derde Divisie survived, so out went Eemdijk (Saturday 15th), SJC (Saturday, 16th), JVC Cuijk (Sunday, 15th) and OJC Rosmalen (Sunday 16th). JVC withdrew without playing in the play-offs. I have not seen the Hoofdklasse for 2019-20 to see if they have played in this.
The three teams going up via play-offs were Sparta Nijkerk (third place in Saturday Hoofdklasse B - via the all Saturday play off), Hoogland (fifth place in Sunday Hoofdklasse A - via the all Sunday play off) and Gemert (second place in Sunday Hoofdklasse B - via the mixed Saturday/Sunday play off).

No team has to switch between the Saturday and Sunday Derde Divisie.

One final complication, at least in need of confirmation. GOES are not showing on Soccerway for Derde Divisie (Sunday), with ADO Den Haag II apparently taking their place.

Fat AND Pompous.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 4, 2019, 11:02 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #11 of 20 (2588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

GOES are going Saturday for a trial season.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 110 / 93 / 17 / 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 20 / 11 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-0-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Strad
Junior Team Regular

Jul 5, 2019, 1:00 PM

Post #12 of 20 (2522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anyone shed any light please...The Belgian top league / Court cases . I have looked everywhere and have emailed the Belgian FA and used Facebook messages to no avail also but I am looking to go away for the first weekend of the season to Waasland Beveren plus another. But, the fixtures For Waasland Beveren have a note next to them saying that the fixtures are subject to confirmation ( I presume in case they then get relegated due to the court case maybe?? ) so I don't want to book anything until I am sure.

Anyone know when everything will be settled for sure please and if Waasland Beveren are actually implicated??

Any help would be appreciated by those more in the know that me !! Thanks

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 5, 2019, 1:17 PM

Post #13 of 20 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Strad] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I believe Wassland-Beveren were found to be not guilty of match fixing. A couple of their officials were suspended for one year only for not reporting the attempted fix.

Fat AND Pompous.

Strad
Junior Team Regular

Jul 5, 2019, 1:20 PM

Post #14 of 20 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Perfect, thanks very much. Sounds more than promising that the they will be in the top league so will start planning....Thanks again.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 5, 2019, 1:44 PM

Post #15 of 20 (2507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
GOES are going Saturday for a trial season.

Thanks, Hod - that explains, but of course something had to move the other way to level the numbers.

I do not know how it was worked, but while as I mentioned Den Haag's second team appeared in the Derde Divisie (Zondag), it was Groningen's second stream that were removed from Derde Divisie (Zaterdag)

Fat AND Pompous.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 8, 2019, 9:28 PM

Post #16 of 20 (2334 views)
Shortcut

Czech - looks complex apart from the two professional divisions
With the two teams in play-offs both retaining their top division status, it was just one up (Ceske Budejovice) and one down (Dukla)
The two relegated teams from the second division (Narodni) were Taborsko and Znojmo
These are replaced by MSFL Champions Lisen and CFL Champions Slavoj Vysehrad

Znojmo drops into the MSFL, while the league takes on the top two (Blansko and Slovan Rosice) from Divizie D
No promoted from Divizie E, as far as I can see.

Four reserve teams, from Slovacko, Banik Ostrava, Sigma Olomouc and Zlin get parachuted into the Division
The bottom four (Hodonin, Jiska Rymarov, Hulin and Valasske Mezerici) are relegated as numbers increase from 16 to 18

The CFL is split into two, CFL A and CFL B, each at 16 teams. Last season should have been 18, but Viktorie Jirny did not complete the season.
Taborsko drop to CFL-A, where they are joined by four reserve teams (Slavia, Sparta, Pribram and Plzen), seven from last season's CFL (Benesov, Loko Vltavin, Pisek, Karlovy Vary, Jiska Domazlice, Kraluv Dvur and Stechovice) and four more (Admira Praha and Ratovnik, 1st and 3rd in Divizie A, Sokol Hostoun and Motorlet Praha, 1st and 4th in Divizie B).

That leaves Sokol Zivanice, Ustni nad Orlici, Slovan Velvary, Zapy and Sokol Bazany in CFL B along with the reserves of Teplice, Liberec, Hradec Kralove, Mlada Boleslav, Jablonec, Dukla, Pardabice and Bohemians 1905, and Prepere who finished second in Divizie B
The last two names in CFL-B are unknown to me, Zbuzany 1953 and Chlumec nad Cidinou, I am not certain where they competed last season

No one is missing from last season's CFL through relegation, but four teams are missing in Radotin (4th), Prevysov (6th), Litomericko (7th) and Dobrovice (8th)

There are now six divisions at level 4, (up from 5) with apparently three on the MSFL side, and three on the CFL side, (i.e. not two under each of the tier 3 leagues). I have spotted all the teams relegated from MSFL in these, except Hulin - but none of those missing from the CFL

Fat AND Pompous.

Gricehead
Youth Team Regular

Jul 12, 2019, 3:04 PM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #17 of 20 (2169 views)
Shortcut

France

Ligue 1 --> Ligue 2
Caen
Guingamp

Ligue 2 --> Ligue 1
Metz
Stade Brestois

Ligue 2 --> National
Gazélec Ajaccio (via playoff)
Béziers
Red Star
(Sochaux, Nancy, AC Ajaccio all initially relegated, but successfully appealed)

National --> Ligue 2
Rodez
Chambly
Le Mans (via playoff)

National --> National 2
Tours (additionally relegated administratively to National 3)
Marignane-Gignac
L'Entente SSG
Drancy

Nationa 2 --> National
Créteil
Bastia-Borgo
Le Puy
Toulon

National 2 --> National 3
Nice II
Stade Montois
Le Havre II
Arras
Feignies-Aulnoye
Pontarlier
Boulogne-Billancourt
Bordeaux II
Athlético Marseille (administratively)
PSG II (dissolved)
(Mantes, Jura Sud and Martigues all initially relegated, but successfully appealed)
(Haguenau, Nîmes II and Monaco II all reprieved)

National 3 --> National 2
Angoulême
Angers II
Bourges Foot
SC Bastia
Louhans-Cuiseaux
Mulhouse (initially denied promotion, successfully appealed)
Montpellier II
Saint-Quentin
Rouen
Guingamp II
Gobelins
Chamalières

National 3 --> Regional 1
Pau II
Cestas
Montmorillon
Chauray
La Suze
Saint-Nazaire (administratively)
Amilly
Saint-Jean-le-Blanc
Bastelicaccia (relegated, then reprieved, then relegated again. Considering legal action)
Cannet-Rocheville
Le Pontet (relegated further administratively to District 1)
ÉF Bastia
Saint-Rémy (dissolved)
La Charité
Avallon
Grandvillars
Nancy II
Épernay
Lozère
Tarbes
Senlis
Dunkerque II
Tourcoing
Chantilly
ASPTT Caen
Bayeux
Deville-Maromme
Montagnarde
Atlantique Vilaine
Le Mée
Meaux Academy
Olympique Noisy-le-Sec
Moulins
Ytrac
(Laval II, Sarreguemines and Agde reprieved)

Regional 1 --> National 3
US Changé
Pouzauges Bocage FC
AS La Châtaginerie
FC Balagne
EUGA Ardziv (replacement)
US Mandelieu (replacement)
US Salinières Aigues-Morte
Auch Football
AS Béziers II
AF Virois
Grand-Quevilly FC
AG Caen
SO Châtellerault
UA Cognac
FC Bassin d'Arcachon
FA Illkirch-Graffenstaden
AS Prix-les-Mézières
FC Metz II
Hauys Lyonnais
Le Puy FC II
US Saint-Flour
FC Guichen
US Trégunc
Ergué Gabéric Paotred Dispount
USM Saran
Saint-Cyr-sur-Loire EB
FC Drouais
Noisy-le-Grand FC
FC Saint-Leu 95 (initially denied, appealled successfully)
US Torcy PVM
Entente Roche-Novillars
FC Sens
FC Valdahon Vercel
Stade Le Portel
US Vimy
Valenciennes FC (res)
(Carnoux FC and ROS Menton denied)

(This post was edited by Gricehead on Jul 12, 2019, 3:05 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 22, 2019, 5:25 PM

Post #18 of 20 (1978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Switzerland
The top divisions are one up, one down

Grasshoppers were relegated from the Super League, replaced by Servette
Neuchatel Xamax avoided relegation by beating Aarau on penalties after both teams had won the away leg of the play-off by 4-0!

Rapperswil-Jena went down from the Challenge League, replaced by Stade Lausanne-Ouchy.

Stade Lausanne-Ouchy were refused a license at the Stade Samaranch, so instead will play in Nyon at the Centre Sportif de Colovray (sharing with Stade Nyonnais)

After play-offs, Black Stars (Basel) and Etoile Carouge were promoted to the 1. Liga Promotion, replacing Wohlen and La Chaux-de-Fonds

Fat AND Pompous.

Gricehead
Youth Team Regular

Jul 23, 2019, 10:47 AM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #19 of 20 (1886 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Promotions and Relegations - Europe [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
France

National 2 --> National 3
PSG II (will now take place in National 3)

National 3 --> Regional 1
Limoges (administratively)
Pau II (reprieved due to administrative relegation of Limoges)
Brétigny (relegated due to PSG II taking National 3 place)

Regional 1 --> National 3
USC Corte (legal challenge via administrative court in Bastia)
FC Balagne (now not promoted due to USC Corte decision. Appealing)

Too late to edit, so changes to the post above.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 29, 2019, 7:21 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #20 of 20 (1643 views)
Shortcut

FC Andorra have secured a double promotion to Segunda B. They replace crisis stricken club Reus after owner Gerard Pique paid €452022. https://app.football-espana.net/...footballespana-79500

Non League Projection - 2020/21: https://docs.google.com/...UTgVhKYTo/edit#gid=0
Step 1: https://www.google.com/....119447550000018&z=7
Step 2: https://www.google.com/...677250654298405&z=15
Step 3: https://www.google.com/...358611350589399&z=16
Step 4: https://www.google.com/...536616305542566&z=16
Step 5: https://www.google.com/...399355140531952&z=16
Step 6: https://www.google.com/...1556307438963813&z=9

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3