Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Central Midlands League 2019/20

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 25, 2019, 8:50 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #1 of 43 (7045 views)
Shortcut
Central Midlands League 2019/20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Constitutions as agreed at last night's AGM:

North Division (Step 7) - 15 teams
AFC Bentley
Appleby Frodingham
Askern
Collingham
Crowle Colts
Dinnington Town
Dronfield Town Res
Harworth Colliery
Newark Town
Phoenix
Renishaw Rangers
Retford Utd
Staveley MW Res
Sutton Rovers
Thorne Colliery

South Division (Step 7) - 16 teams
Arnold Town
Ashland Rovers
Blidworth Welfare
Clay Cross Town
Hilton Harriers
Holbrook Sports
Holbrook St Michaels
Linby CW
Mansfield Hosiery Mills
Mickleover RBL
Pinxton
Rowsley 86
Sherwood Colliery Res
Swanwick Pentrich Rd
Teversal Res
Underwood Villa

Div 1 North
Boynton Sports
Chesterfield Town
Education FC
Epworth Town Colts
Harworth Coll Res
Linby CW Res
Nottingham FC
Retford Utd Res
St Joseph's Rockware of Worksop
Wakefield Res

Div 1 South
Bakewell Town
Borrowash Vics Dev
Cromford & Wirksworth Town
Heanor Town Res
Holbrook Sports Res
Holbrook St Michaels Res
Long Eaton United Community
Mickleover Sports Res
Ripley Town
Wirksworth Ivanhoe
Woodhouse Colts

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jun 25, 2019, 8:56 AM)

WebGuy @ Tevie
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 9:33 AM

Team(s): Teversal FC

Post #2 of 43 (6945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was there last night at the AGM, and there was an audible gasp when it was mentioned that Matlock Town Reserves had withdrawn from the league.
The CMFL said they are waiting on a decision from the FA as to whether they can replace/promote another club to replace them.

WebGuy @ Tevie : http://www.teversalfc.co.uk
Tevie on Twitter : http://twitter.com/TeversalFC

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 9:38 AM

Post #3 of 43 (6932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So theres a couple of things to note here :

start with what we already knew , in regards to promotions and relegations, and that Mansfield Hosiery mills are randomly in The South step 7 division despite only a mid table finish in NSL 1 last season.

Which brings us to the Division 1's

New teams, who knows much about them ?

Woodhouse colts I assume are from Mansfield Woodhouse, where have they joined from ? or are they newly formed. St Josephs Rockware of Worksop ive seen on twitter, they are a new team playing at Worksop towns ground I believe, think they may have formerly been a sunday league club..

Ripley Town are from the Midlands Regional Alliance but finished towards the bottom of the league last season.

The one that's baffling me is Education FC, because Nottingham FC have a youth section called Nottingham Education, sometimes referred to in a shortened form of Education FC... so to me they are both the same club, yet are both in the same division, anyone able to explain this ? has there been a split ? or has there been a bit of a cock up ?

(This post was edited by Rushcliffe on Jun 25, 2019, 9:41 AM)

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 25, 2019, 9:39 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #4 of 43 (6928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WebGuy @ Tevie] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd say they have more than promoted enough - the sensible route to go down is to laterally transfer the most northern side currently earmarked for a place in the over-subscribed Premier Division of the Nottinghamshire Senior League...

WebGuy @ Tevie
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 9:46 AM

Post #5 of 43 (6909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rushcliffe] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was said the Nottingham FC (of last season) would now be known as Nottingham Education FC (although they were listed as Education FC in the constitution), and the Nottingham FC (of this season) were a different unattached team using that name.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 9:50 AM

Team(s): Hucknall Town, Nottingham Forest

Post #6 of 43 (6896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WebGuy @ Tevie] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had heard a rumour that Matlock reserves were to leave. I was not expecting to see them listed on the FA's Step 7 list.
I know Hucknall reserves left for more localised travel, the inclusion of Wakefield makes this seem like a the correct decision.

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 9:52 AM

Post #7 of 43 (6889 views)
Shortcut

Well we are playing a psf against Nottingham FC of last season, sorted through someone who is definitely part of Education FC, which would make sense, but I feel a bit confused now as to if we are playing Nottingham or Education haha

Ive just sent them an email to clarify

(This post was edited by Rushcliffe on Jun 25, 2019, 9:56 AM)

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 10:03 AM

Post #8 of 43 (6853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For some reason the NSL is determined to have an 18-team Premier division even when some of the clubs are well to the west of the CML.

WebGuy @ Tevie
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 10:06 AM

Post #9 of 43 (6843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Changes behind the scenes have led to Matlock Town Reserves' demise.
They have advertised for a new manager, but little interest (or so I've heard), plus some of the MTFC Academy teams staff have moved on (to Buxton!?). They had two academy teams, both of which won their leagues and contested both Cup finals between themselves (one team was made up of first year students, the other second year). From what I've heard this season it will now be one team in the NPLFA as a mix of students. Plus the Reserves team was mainly a Saturday mix of the Academy team players plus returning injured first team players.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 10:10 AM

Post #10 of 43 (6830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Me again, does anybody know where the leaving clubs have gone to?
Hucknall promoted
Hucknall reserves left to NSL to become 'development'
Welbeck Lions & reserves folded ?
Cromford and Wirksworth Town merged (guess which club that is!)
AFC Kilburn 1st left during last season.

Leaving Alfreton res, Crowle, Shirebrook Rangers, and Sutton Rovers

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 10:13 AM

Post #11 of 43 (6819 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
For some reason the NSL is determined to have an 18-team Premier division even when some of the clubs are well to the west of the CML.

They are over subscribed and having to turn teams down for entry, I personally would like them reduce all divisions to 16 rather than 18 and add an extra division, they would need 10 new teams but they get plenty of new applicants each season.

Its our new clubs first season (Rushcliffe FC) but we were advised by several, clubs and officials, not to apply to NSL for our first season as we would likely be turned down due to the number of applicants, and had to instead join the midlands & Notts Alliance, which in turn lost us 4 good players who didn't want to play at that level.

Being honest it may be better for us to start lower down at first anyway, but we formed with the intention of joining the NSL so it was a bit of a dampner to us.

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 10:51 AM

Post #12 of 43 (6763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rushcliffe] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

spoken to them in regards to our friendly now so the situation with Nottingham FC / Education FC is:

Education FC is a youth set up with links to pro clubs, the club is geared up to gain their players trials with pro clubs.
The fella who runs the club is a Sheffield United Scout.

Nottingham FC was then set up by a merger by education fc and a sunday league team to go to Saturdays and provide game time to those who haven't secured pro deals so that can remain in the game learning to become coaches or to try to get themselves a deal at semi pro club.

But there was apparently a fall out over philosophy, so Education fc decided to go it alone and split back away from Nottingham Fc, who have themselves also decided to go it alone.
So our clubs pre season friendly is against Education FC rather than Nottingham FC.

(This post was edited by Rushcliffe on Jun 25, 2019, 10:52 AM)

Bob L. Hatt
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

Team(s): Derby County, Belper Town, Derry City

Post #13 of 43 (6741 views)
Shortcut

St Josephs Rockware - play on Sandy Lane but not same ground as Worksop Town, it's just before it on the left hand side as you drive in.

Woodhouse Colts - looks like a junior set up moving into senior football, and from what i can gather they play at Forest Town Welfare (AFC Mansfield)

No idea where Shirebrook Rangers are but may well have gone back to the MRA, AFC Kilburn I believe have re-formed and will also be in the MRA.

Education / Nottingham - thanks for the clarification Rushcliffe, I am assuming both will play at Melbourne Park?

Sniff my blog....

https://bobblestravels.blogspot.co.uk

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

Post #14 of 43 (6739 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Me again, does anybody know where the leaving clubs have gone to?
Hucknall promoted
Hucknall reserves left to NSL to become 'development'
Welbeck Lions & reserves folded ?
Cromford and Wirksworth Town merged (guess which club that is!)
AFC Kilburn 1st left during last season.

Leaving Alfreton res, Crowle, Shirebrook Rangers, and Sutton Rovers

Sutton Rovers and Crowle were promoted to Central Mids South (guess you just missed that lol ) Ive seen Shirebrook Rangers advertising for PSF's so they must have moved to another league, potentially midland & Notts alliance ? whos AGM is Thursday so may find out then.
As for Alfreton Res, I didn't even notice until you just pointed them out as missing, not sure where

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 11:09 AM

Post #15 of 43 (6735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob L. Hatt] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Assuming Nottingham/Education will both be at Melbourne park, but I know they've at times used Brian Wakefield Memorial ground. Our Friendly against Education is Melbourne park.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 11:21 AM

Post #16 of 43 (6701 views)
Shortcut

Sorry, I did know that. It what comes of being on here when I'm supposed to be concentrating on paying the bills.

DarkSithLord
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 25, 2019, 1:10 PM

Team(s): Alfreton Town

Post #17 of 43 (6507 views)
Shortcut

Alfreton Town Res have left to joined a newly formed National League Under 19 North Division against other Conference Academies

"the force is strong with this one"

(This post was edited by DarkSithLord on Jun 25, 2019, 1:16 PM)

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 29, 2019, 4:39 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #18 of 43 (5737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob L. Hatt] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Woodhouse Colts - looks like a junior set up moving into senior football, and from what i can gather they play at Forest Town Welfare (AFC Mansfield)

I drove past Bilsthorpe's old ground on Eakring Road a couple of times last season, and it certainly looked like Woodhouse Colts have taken over the lease there - maybe that's where they will play their CML fixtures?

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

Finchley Tiger
Junior Team Sub

Jun 30, 2019, 4:22 PM

Team(s): Worksop Town

Post #19 of 43 (5307 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
So theres a couple of things to note here :

start with what we already knew , in regards to promotions and relegations, and that Mansfield Hosiery mills are randomly in The South step 7 division despite only a mid table finish in NSL 1 last season.

Which brings us to the Division 1's

New teams, who knows much about them ?

Woodhouse colts I assume are from Mansfield Woodhouse, where have they joined from ? or are they newly formed. St Josephs Rockware of Worksop ive seen on twitter, they are a new team playing at Worksop towns ground I believe, think they may have formerly been a sunday league club..

Ripley Town are from the Midlands Regional Alliance but finished towards the bottom of the league last season.

The one that's baffling me is Education FC, because Nottingham FC have a youth section called Nottingham Education, sometimes referred to in a shortened form of Education FC... so to me they are both the same club, yet are both in the same division, anyone able to explain this ? has there been a split ? or has there been a bit of a cock up ?

I assume St Josephs Rockware of Worksop will be playing on the Rockware ground in Worksop; this is where Worksop Town Juniors are based. It is on Sandy Lane, not too far from where Worksop Town & Handsworth FC play.

There has been a successful Sunday League side called St Josephs in the Worksop Sunday League. They were runners up last season and won both cup competitions.

Sundowner
Ballboy/girl

Jul 1, 2019, 1:15 PM

Post #20 of 43 (4864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Finchley Tiger] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At the Notts Senior League AGM the Committee said they had received no communication from Mansfield Hosiery Mills with regard to their move to the CML and had therefore reported it to The FA.

They stated the FA had wrote to The CML asking them to explain the "poaching" of MHM within 14 days.

They concluded that they expected Mansfield Hosiery Mills would play in The CML next year but they couldn't just let it go unchallenged.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Jul 1, 2019, 2:47 PM

Post #21 of 43 (4781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sundowner] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had mistakenly assumed the Mansfield HM team in NSL1 were their reserves. I had thought the FA had moved them, but it seems the farce between the CML/NSL continues.

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Jul 1, 2019, 3:17 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #22 of 43 (4726 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I had mistakenly assumed the Mansfield HM team in NSL1 were their reserves. I had thought the FA had moved them, but it seems the farce between the CML/NSL continues.

might be a few clubs facing action regarding transfers between the 2 leagues

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

Rushcliffe
Junior Team Star

Jul 1, 2019, 3:21 PM

Post #23 of 43 (4716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would it be niave of me to assume central Midlands league likely weren't at fault and the more probable scenario being MHM just didn't resign according to rule from the NSL

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Jul 1, 2019, 3:22 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #24 of 43 (4715 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Would it be niave of me to assume central Midlands league likely weren't at fault and the more probable scenario being MHM just didn't resign according to rule from the NSL

from what I've heard, they aren't the only ones

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 30, 2019, 3:24 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #25 of 43 (3871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Central Midlands League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks like Selston FC reserves and FC Sez are late additions to the CML's Division One line-ups.

Cup draws...

BUCKINGHAM INSURANCE LEAGUE CUP - Round One
Ripley Town v Appleby Frodingham
Long Eaton United Community v Harworth Colliery
Dinnington Town v Nottingham Education
Dronfield Town Reserves v Hilton Harriers
Sutton Rovers v Wakefield Reserves
Cromford & Wirksworth Town v Thorne Colliery
Epworth Town Colts v Phoenix
Holbrook Sports v Heanor Town Reserves
Mickleover RBL v Woodhouse Colts
Sherwood Colliery Reserves v Askern
Linby Colliery v Swanwick PR
AFC Bentley v St Josephs Rockware of Worksop
Arnold Town v Rowsley 86
Pinxton v Nottingham FC

MACRON STORE STOKE DIVISION ONE CUP - Round One
Boynton Sports v Holbrook St Michaels Reserves
Cromford & Wirksworth Town v Harworth Colliery Reserves
Retford United Reserves v Wakefield Reserves
Long Eaton United Community v Chesterfield Town
Nottingham FC v Mickleover Sports Reserves
Linby Colliery Reserves v Wirksworth Ivanhoe
Holbrook Sports Reserves v FC Sez

...http://centralmidlandsleague.pitchero.com/draws-for-league-and-division-cups-1st-round-57943

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3