simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jun 14, 2019, 1:30 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 1 (498 views)
Shortcut
Thursday 13th June 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Catforth League Division 2
Wharles 7 Fulwood Park Rangers 7 (HT 2-4)
KO 7.15pm (15 mins early)
Played at Treales Village Fields
No hard standing or spectator facilities
Crowd H/C 5

Wow - what a night in the sunshine!

I had originally planned to go to Waverley v Myerscough Blues which according to FT was played at Tanterton FC in Tanteron, just north west of Preston. So I arrived there just before 6.30pm to a lovely sunny evening (despite setting off 40 miles away in torrential rain in Rochdale). But no sign of any activity in Tanterton to suggest a game was about to happen. I gave it till 6.45 (45 mins to KO) then gave up and went to Plan B, 15 mins drive away. Given that the Waverley game was actually played tonight, I think that the FT site has the venues wrong and that they don't play at Tanterton at all.

But I am glad I went to Treales, the venue for the nearby village of Wharles games (oddly though Treales themselves actually play miles away in Scorton - and even if FT was lying about that too... they were also at home tonight in Div 1 and it certainly wasn't there)

So I arrived just after 7pm for my 1st visit. The pitch is behind a church and that provided a nice car park with a path to it, as opposed to the official way to the pitch which would have meant parking on grass I think. The ground is within earshot of the M55, although the motorway itself was hiding behind a thick row of trees. Open countryside was around most of the rest of the ground and was very pleasant.

The pitch was pretty terrible. The line markings were barely visible, but the worst bit was the really steep slope leading to one of the corners - it was so steep I couldn't see the ball or any of the bottom half of players legs when the action was in the quarter of the pitch opposite me.

The game itself was very good - and was a record for me for goals scored... my previous highest goal tally was 12 goals - first seen 25 years ago at Highfield United v Ashton United pre-season friendly and repeated in a testimonial at Old Trafford 4 years later in 1998.

12m 1-0
19m 2-0
25m 2-1
31m 2-2
39m 2-3
44m 2-4 (HT)
46m 3-4
48m 4-4
58m 5-4
59m 6-4
75m 6-5
77m 7-5
82m 7-6
91m 7-7

Great night for entertainment - can't wait to go to another one next week now!

(This post was edited by simonsm on Jun 14, 2019, 1:33 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3