INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Monday 10th June 2019

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Jun 11, 2019, 12:02 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #1 of 6 (1229 views)
Shortcut
Monday 10th June 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llandyrnog & District Village Clubs Summer League
Ysceifiog 3 Llanrhaeadr 2
No admission, prog or refreshments
Att. 50 to start with but it gradually diminished

There was a minutes applause prior to the game for Alan Bridson who died last week. Some flowers were also presented to his family.
Ysceifiog got off to an awful start trailing after a minute and two down on five after the ref awarded a foul apparently for a push only he saw. Ysceifiog gradually got more into it though and levelled before half time. The winner came early in the second half and it was end to end thereafter. An excellent game.

Fully enclosed and railed off this is a decent ground. Not changed since I last visited.

Post match saw a quick call in The Fox in Ysceifiog. Weetwood Eastgate was in good nick. A couple of others (Banks and Thwaites Wainwright) on but nothing unusual which has been the case for the last few years now. What is on offer is always looked after though

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Jun 11, 2019, 8:54 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #2 of 6 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Monday 10th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Republic of Ireland 2 Gibraltar 0
Euros qualifier , Admission E45
Programme E5 for 68 pages,
Att, about 25,000

A case of a good trip ruined by the football. Gibraltar were awful , Ireland better but lack creativity , flair , tempo and their languid performance played into the hands of the packed defence of the visitors.
McGoldricks deflected shot on the half hour broke the deadlock and despite dominating possession, it was not until added time that Brady headed home a rare decent cross to seal the win.
Had Ireland been more inventive then a repeat of the 7 goals from the previous encounter in Dublin would have been matched easily. However the quality of passing and crossing was generally poor.

The Aviva Stadium is excellent. My two friends and my seats wereopposite the tunnell high up and gave a good view of the ahem , action and where the roof line lowers, into the city. Acces to and from was good too with the Dart train service running well.
I am sure many on here will have good knowledge of what the city has to offer and it has not let us down. Back to Stansted this afternoon courtesy of 48 quid returns from Ryanair.

(This post was edited by Bigaitch on Jun 11, 2019, 9:41 AM)

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Jun 13, 2019, 6:03 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #3 of 6 (619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Monday 10th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Banchory Thistle 4-1 Banchory Youth
Mid Deeside Summer League, Littlejohn Cup SF
f&n, h/c 80

Not many weeks after I'd been here for (winter-football) Banchory Amateurs in the Aberdeenshire AFA, I was back at the pleasant tree-lined King George V Park in central Banchory for my 3rd of the 7 Mid Deeside members. Great that this one had been moved from last Friday when the other SF had been played, thereby yielding me a Monday (bracketed) tick. Joined here by Veteran, but Yorkieexile decided to head to Elgin for a game at Dovecot in the Forres & Nairn since that venue has previously eluded him ...and did so again tonight with an unannounced P-P, so he had to make do with a poor Plan B of yet another user of Pinefield.
Meanwhile, we were treated to a quick burst of action, then going through the motions. Only 2 minutes on the clock when a Banchory Youth player turned it into his own net. 7 minutes 2-0 and 8 minutes 3-0. All over. 4-0 in the 35th.
Perhaps feeling sorry for the visitors, the ref let it stand when they scored from MILES offside on 66 (4-1), a fact that riled the hosts. Even more so when just one minute later there was a blatant penalty foul up the other end but the ref waved it away!! All too much for the decked forward, who told the ref what he thought of his two-minutes of incorrect decisions and therefore got a straight red. And that was that. Home in half an hour.

3 down, 4 to go.

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Jun 15, 2019, 6:05 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #4 of 6 (470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Monday 10th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ukraine 1 Luxembourg 0 Euro 2020 qualifier All details the same as for the game against Serbia on Friday. The same glossy programme (which Eddie S. managed to procure for 100 HUA - around 3) covered both fixtures but had precious little Roman script in it.
As expected the Luxembourgish parked the bus and stopped Ukraine from playing; although the home team (unchanged) looked exhausted by their efforts on Friday night and rarely threatened to extend their 6th minute lead in another sold out crowd. In truth Luxembourg are much improved and will not be push overs for anybody with the quality of the defensive organisation the showed here. They had a first half equaliser ruled out for offside which must have been a very tight decision. Really they deserved a draw but the home fans were not bothered by that as they raided the roof on the final whistle to secure the 6 points from two games they must have targeted. We were even quicker back to the city tonight - I would really recommend using a little bit of local knowledge when booking transport here.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 15, 2019, 9:15 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #5 of 6 (398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Monday 10th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ukraine 1 Luxembourg 0 Euro 2020 qualifier All details the same as for the game against Serbia on Friday. The same glossy programme (which Eddie S. managed to procure for 100 HUA - around 3) covered both fixtures but had precious little Roman script in it.
As expected the Luxembourgish parked the bus and stopped Ukraine from playing; although the home team (unchanged) looked exhausted by their efforts on Friday night and rarely threatened to extend their 6th minute lead in another sold out crowd. In truth Luxembourg are much improved and will not be push overs for anybody with the quality of the defensive organisation the showed here. They had a first half equaliser ruled out for offside which must have been a very tight decision. Really they deserved a draw but the home fans were not bothered by that as they raided the roof on the final whistle to secure the 6 points from two games they must have targeted. We were even quicker back to the city tonight - I would really recommend using a little bit of local knowledge when booking transport here.

The Wall and myself were also at this one and are grateful to Totallyuntameds party for giving us a lift to and from the ground, saving us from missing valuable drinking time in this splendid city.

We flew out to Lviv on Wizzair from Luton on the morning of Saturday 10th so only managed to see one game. Normally such a poor haul would have put us off going but Arena Lviv doesn't get full very often so this was a good chance to go, and also to explore the city.

Lviv has changed hands many times over the years resulting in a rich variety of architecture and monuments. The pedestrian area around Rynak Square is awash with pavement cafes and of course bars. The microbrewery scene is vibrant, the prices are cheap and the city appears to be very safe. I don't know what they do with old people here but everyone seemed young, but I suppose they are compared to us!

The Lviv Half Marathon took place on Sunday morning but we had omitted to take suitable footwear so remaind frustrated onlookers. The city was buzzing and the atmosphere was terrific. My advice to anyone looking for a 'hidden gem' should visit Lviv. I would certainly return for a Karpaty Lviv fixture and anything else that I could find.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Jun 15, 2019, 9:50 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #6 of 6 (376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Monday 10th June 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In total agreement with Colpic on the charms of Lviv. I too would love to return to see a Karpaty match (they did play at the Arena but regarded the rent as too high and are playing elsewhere in the city).

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3