First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Jun 10, 2019, 8:21 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #1 of 54 (9042 views)
Shortcut
Admission Prices Info Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is there a particular website or forum where admission prices can be looked up, as some team's sites don't seem to always post this information?

I am trying to plan my preseason visits with the 14 year old boy in tow, and don't want to find myself without enough cash on the gate.

Thank you

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 14 new grounds.
Newest ground visited, JP Mitchell Stadium, Herns Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Southern Central Div 1 - Step 4

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 10, 2019, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 54 (9008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can't think of any but look at club sites nearer the time of games you are planning on doing and they should have relevant information.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 10, 2019, 9:37 PM

Post #3 of 54 (8890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For pre-season matches some clubs will have different prices based on different opponents anyway, so collating this info centrally will be nigh on impossible.

Your best bet maybe to tweet the clubs concerned a couple of days beforehand to ask them directly.

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Jun 10, 2019, 10:34 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #4 of 54 (8798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thank you... so far I've come across some variation... free entry (Spartan S Midland Premier) to £15!! (National League)
So do I give the boy free choice of match??
Laugh

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 14 new grounds.
Newest ground visited, JP Mitchell Stadium, Herns Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Southern Central Div 1 - Step 4

Smithy B
Junior Team Regular

Jun 11, 2019, 10:58 PM

Post #5 of 54 (7940 views)
Shortcut

Just take £50 with you, you won't spend it all unless you get stuck in a revolving turnstile.

paulh66

Jun 19, 2019, 8:54 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 54 (7241 views)
Shortcut

St Albans City are maintaining their reputation for fleecing the punter with pay on the gate admission set at a whopping £18 for adults next season. Full pricing details at: https://www.stalbanscityfc.com/...sion-prices-2019-20/.

Smithy B
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2019, 9:42 PM

Post #7 of 54 (7162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
St Albans City are maintaining their reputation for fleecing the punter with pay on the gate admission set at a whopping £18 for adults next season. Full pricing details at: https://www.stalbanscityfc.com/...sion-prices-2019-20/.

Two things I hate about modern football.

1, Over priced tickets.
2, Charging more on the day for a ticket.

For the last 3 season I've been doing quite a bit of non-league ground hopping, mainly the FA Cup qualifying and the Vase but if a club I thought was charging too much I'd give them a miss and St Albans are one of them.

BDA_85
First Team Regular

Jun 20, 2019, 12:11 PM

Post #8 of 54 (6794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Smithy B] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Agree to a point. I also consider child admission prices too when deciding. I do a lot of groundhopping with my son and if he is admitted for free then I don't mind paying more.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2019, 12:25 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #9 of 54 (6771 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

To be fair (and I know that's difficult) it's their first increase since they were in Conference National. That said, £18 (a £3 increase) is ridiculous.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

paulh66

Jun 20, 2019, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #10 of 54 (6724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fair point. Although as they were charging £12 at step 3 over five years ago (a time when most others at that level were charging under a tenner) and £15 since they got back to step 2 (even for county cup games, and as much if not more than I paid at some National League games) I'm not inclined to give them credit for not making additional increases in the meantime.

It's an unusual pricing approach these days but, having almost gone bust a decade or so ago, it's a model that presumably works for them now. Must put off any floating support though.

kirby knitters

Jun 20, 2019, 2:05 PM

Post #11 of 54 (6622 views)
Shortcut

With gates averaging nearly 850 they can surely justify such prices, as for putting off floating fans well id not describe myself as such but it has been the one reason I have steered clear of the place along with another forum member.

Wijit99
Junior Team Star

Jun 20, 2019, 10:35 PM

Post #12 of 54 (6330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St Albans will be charging £3 more than any other club in the division. The others on £15 are all either teams who have just been relegated or have the option of buying in advance for a discount.

I can tell you their has been a huge backlash to this news from everyone in the league. Going by the St Albans forum it seems there is a lot of discontent from their fans too.

The clubs chairmen announced the prices had increased due to the club making such big losses every year. Instead of the obvious choice of reducing the playing budget they have decided to punish the innocent fans.

£18 for level 6 football is extortionate!!!

ARNOLD241
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 20, 2019, 10:50 PM

Post #13 of 54 (6308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wijit99] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You can watch League 1 at Burton for £20, pay on the day. £18 in advance. (Same as last season)

agamemnon3
Youth Team Sub

Jun 20, 2019, 10:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 54 (6308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wijit99] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm not usually one to whinge about pricing, but in this case I have to agree with everyone here --- St Albans are beyond the pale.

It's a pity, because they are one of my local clubs, and one that I enjoy visiting, but £18 a game, when only a few miles away, (and at a level higher), Boreham Wood are doing season tickets for £99, is absurd.

(This post was edited by agamemnon3 on Jun 20, 2019, 10:54 PM)

kirby knitters

Jun 21, 2019, 7:43 AM

Post #15 of 54 (6166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [agamemnon3] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Last season average crowd was in fact up on the previous campaign and that threw me but it may have had more to do with the travelling numbers from Torquay and Dulwich etc.

Mishi

Jun 21, 2019, 9:08 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #16 of 54 (5887 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I didnít go to St Albans last season as I was not long out of hospital & not well enough to travel. But I was told that we took between 300 to 400 fans for a very easy one to get to by public transport, the game being described as the Thaneslink derby! At those prices, with lots of fans including myself calling for a boycott, I wouldnít be surprised if our travelling support didnít reach three figures.

Grounds visited: 744
Last new ground:Sutton Athleticl FC; London Hire Stadium, Hextable, Kent. (Southern Counties East Football League First Division)
Last game: Wednesday 11th September 2019: FC Elmstead 4, Lewisham Borough 1. [Southern Counties East Football League First Division]
Matches watched this season: 37
2017/18-New English grounds: 6; & foreign: 0

kirby knitters

Jun 22, 2019, 8:35 AM

Post #17 of 54 (5718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I didnít go to St Albans last season as I was not long out of hospital & not well enough to travel. But I was told that we took between 300 to 400 fans for a very easy one to get to by public transport, the game being described as the Thaneslink derby! At those prices, with lots of fans including myself calling for a boycott, I wouldnít be surprised if our travelling support didnít reach three figures.

A crowd of 1,088 attended that one and seeing as it was played in April with what was at stake I kind of take your point on Dulwich fans boycotting it. Can't fault them but if this club treats own fans in this way it will not worry about visitors not showing up in protest.

ladderman

Jun 22, 2019, 2:48 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #18 of 54 (5561 views)
Shortcut

I think a lot of Conference South fans still go to watch their team there but refuse to spend a penny inside the ground. Given that St Albans has a plethora of decent pubs, that's not a big sacrifice for us piss-heads. But given that the "proper" price for step 2 football in the south is probably £13/14, SAFC are probably still making on it.
The family ticket is reasonable value, but there's a debate to had about why a bloke who goes to football as an escape from his family should subsidise people with kids.
I can't see the point in joining their membership scheme, you'd basically be buying a bit of a season ticket. Nor do I see why there's a need to buy in advance at that level.

steveking
Reserve Team Star

Jun 23, 2019, 9:00 AM

Team(s): Ware, Everton, Kingstonian, Leicester, Portsmouth

Post #19 of 54 (5380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St Albans don't have a decent clubroom from which to make money outside of football. Their two backers are also, I understand, reducing their input for the coming season.

The implication is obvious. Cut the budget or raise prices.

Someone has said that they're taking it out on "innocent supporters". I'm not defending the price rise but supporters want success, they are not entirely innocent especially if they complain when a club goes on a bad run or gets relegated. That fact impacts on how the club's management have responded to the situation.

Richard Watts
Youth Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 1:39 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet FC, Surrey CCC

Post #20 of 54 (4625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I didnít go to St Albans last season as I was not long out of hospital & not well enough to travel. But I was told that we took between 300 to 400 fans for a very easy one to get to by public transport, the game being described as the Thameslink derby! At those prices, with lots of fans including myself calling for a boycott, I wouldnít be surprised if our travelling support didnít reach three figures.

"Lots of fans calling for a boycott"? That's the first I've heard of it. There's a thread on this topic on the Hamlet forum on which 3 individuals have so far indicated they won't or may not go again because of this issue, but none of them was encouraging anyone else to do the same. That's no more than 1% of those who went last season, yet you're suggesting that numbers travelling could be down from close to 400 to under 100.

I'm no happier about the price they're charging than anyone else, and I think it's the wrong approach. Normally I spend nothing else inside the ground at clubs who charge above the norm, but I was doing that already at St Albans who were one of only two clubs where I couldn't get in for under £15 last season. If the club is losing money it needs to get more people into the ground, not pump the existing support for more and more. However, as an away fan who wants to see my team, there's no way I'm committing to stay away on principle. I may be less likely to go. Depending upon other factors that might put me off this could be the decider.

We go there in late March when the weather is likely to be getting nicer at the end of the winter, we could be pushing for a play off place (as opposed to being in the lower half of the table after 5 months without an away win like last season) and it's one of the nicer days out in the division with frequent direct train services from local stations in South London and relatively cheap fares compared to other operators.

You've seen the people who travel to our more attractive away games these days. A lot of them could easily spend 50 quid each and think little of it when you add the cost of a few beers and some food to the train fare and ground admission. Do you really think three quarters of them will boycott the game over an extra 3 quid if they fancy a day out and a Hamlet game that's easy to get to?

dudsey
Youth Team Star

Jul 5, 2019, 8:35 AM

Team(s): Non League, mainly Evo Stik and Ncel Football.

Post #21 of 54 (4344 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Can't think of any but look at club sites nearer the time of games you are planning on doing and they should have relevant information.

I`m not sure if it`s the `trickle effect` from the big money spending clubs at higher levels but I`m amazed to see the differences in cost for a season ticket at varying clubs in the NPL this season.

Nomadic Footie Fan in search of a decent game.

kirby knitters

Jul 5, 2019, 8:45 AM

Post #22 of 54 (4335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dudsey] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I`m not sure if it`s the `trickle effect` from the big money spending clubs at higher levels but I`m amazed to see the differences in cost for a season ticket at varying clubs in the NPL this season.

The "trickle effect" has been quite rightly blamed for many of the prices that clubs, even low down the ladder are inflicting on fans these days. What's the highest/lowest you've seen in the NPL ?

dudsey
Youth Team Star

Jul 5, 2019, 9:20 AM

Team(s): Non League, mainly Evo Stik and Ncel Football.

Post #23 of 54 (4306 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The "trickle effect" has been quite rightly blamed for many of the prices that clubs, even low down the ladder are inflicting on fans these days. What's the highest/lowest you've seen in the NPL ?

As low as £140 at (Morpeth) up to £225, the bulk being around the £150 mark. It`ll be interesting to see the `Match Day` admission variations.

Nomadic Footie Fan in search of a decent game.

kirby knitters

Jul 5, 2019, 9:44 AM

Post #24 of 54 (4292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dudsey] Admission Prices Info [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

As low as £140 at (Morpeth) up to £225, the bulk being around the £150 mark. It`ll be interesting to see the `Match Day` admission variations.

Morpeth as with most clubs offer a further discount for early purchase but the price you quote (available to 31/7) are no longer on offer. Interesting to see the number sold!

agamemnon3
Youth Team Sub

Jul 5, 2019, 10:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 54 (4033 views)
Shortcut

While we're all having a go at St Albans City, I notice that newly-relegated Dunstable Town will be charging £8 admission to their Spartan South Midlands League games this season.

This, in a division where every other club will be charging five or six pounds.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3