Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Scandinavia trip

Warwickian
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 8, 2019, 11:31 AM

Post #1 of 1 (634 views)
Shortcut
Scandinavia trip Can't Post or Reply Privately

I recently spent ten days travelling around Sweden and Norway and managed to watch three matches whilst there.
I spent a few days in Stockholm and saw a couple of matches whilst based there.

Sunday 26th May.
Enkopings SK FK. 5 Sundbybergs IF. 1
Division Two.Norra Svealand

Enkopings play at Enavallen which is a pleasant fifteen minute walk from the railway station.A large stand on one side and some open air old style wooden benches on the other side.There is a running track around the pitch.
A comfortable win for the home team against poor oppostion.Hard to imagine that there was over 9000 in the ground when they played for one season in top division back in 2003.For my match just 161 were in attendance.A basic programme was produced.
Enkoping is a 40 minute ride on the train from Stockholm and on a Sunday afternoon it is extremely quiet!!

Monday 27th May
Hammarby IF. 2 IFK Norrkoping 2
Allvenskan.

After the quiet of Enkopings the previous day a totally different atmosphere at Hammarby's impressive stadium.The Nya Soderstadion or Tele2Arena as its more commonly known. A decent modern ground which is two tiered with standing allowed behind both goals.I treated myself to a seat along the side which provided a decent view.The atmosphere is good with the home fans getting behind their team from the start with the club anthem sang by everyone apart from myself and the Norrkoping followers!An early goal for Hammarby wasnt built on and by half time Norrkoping were deservedly ahead. Hammarby eventually equalised in the 72nd minute.
Decent attendance of 22654 which is 22000 higher than my previous highest attendance for the season!!
The ground is very easy to reach from Stockholm city centre.Get the metro to Globen station and its a few minute walk from there.Afterwards it was very easy to get back into town with no waiting at all.

I must admit I did enjoy my few days in Stockholm.Its an expensive city but has some excellent bars with some very strong beers,albeit at very silly prices! My favourites were Akkurat,Oliver Twist and Ardberg Embassy.Special thanks to 'Oftenscore6' who provided me with some recommendations.

After leaving Stockholm it was up by train to Narvik.A wonderful rail journey with the part between Kiruna and Narvik not be missed if you like scenic rail lines.From Narvik I ventured across to Solvaer on the very picturesque Lofoten Islands for a few days.After a few days exploring this lovely part of the world it was back to Narvik for my final match.

Sunday 2nd June
FK Mjolner 1 ODD (2) 0
Division Two.Group 2

FK Mjolner play at Narvik Stadion which is a ten minutes uphill walk from the town centre.On a clear sunny day the views from this ground would be amazing but unfortunately it was wet and cloudy which meant alot of the snow covered mountains were hidden from view.
This game is at the thrid level of Norwegian club football and the visitors were the reserves of premier league Odd.It was a decent enough game with just the one goal from the homesters after 12 minutes.Poor finishing from both teams meant that was the only goal scored.
Narvik stadium is basically a one sided ground with a reasonable sized stand flanked on both sides by high terrracing which provided a decent view once the rain had eased off.I did a rough headcount of 180 in attendance.

Formerly known as Warwick Brake

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3