First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Fanatic
First Team Star

May 26, 2019, 11:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 40 (9969 views)
Shortcut
Do they still exist? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Following on from the Eton Manor thread, does anyone know whether any of the following clubs are still extant as adult Saturday teams?

Bardon Hill
Bloxwich Town
Farnborough North End
Ibstock United (still going as a youth club, but no adult side?)
London APSA
Pelsall Villa
Prudhoe Town (they have a team in the Hexham & District Sunday League, but not sure if they are still playing Saturday football?)
Ringmer (seems they still exist as an entity but are involved in AFC Ringmer?)
Southam United (still going as a youth club, but no adult side?)
Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers
York Railway Institute (still going as a youth club, but no adult side?)

Also, whether the clubs that dropped out of leagues mid-season in 18/19 will be reappearing next year?

Appledore
Bicester Town
Carterton
Chipping Norton Town Swifts
Oldbury United
Ramsey Town

I assume we've seen the back of AC London?

Dave 56
First Team Sub

May 27, 2019, 12:03 AM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #2 of 40 (9924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

See new grounds thread on this section for details of Southam.

Full details of the USA tour is on international hopping.

Fanatic
First Team Star

May 27, 2019, 12:47 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 40 (9868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Are they planning to try and rejoin the Midland League?

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 27, 2019, 1:01 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 40 (9853 views)
Shortcut

When Carterton dropped out I recall reading they wanted to focus on kids and youth football. Their Twitter feed and website are still active and suggest this is still the case, with no mention of an adult team in the pipeline. Not sure if that poses a threat to their FA Charter Standard status and, if it does, whether they're bothered about it.

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

May 27, 2019, 4:30 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Borough

Post #5 of 40 (9768 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Are they planning to try and rejoin the Midland League?

From what i've heard they will be rejoining the Midland League next season at Div 3 .

kirby knitters

May 27, 2019, 7:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 40 (9632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sunny Nunny] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There was a meeting at Bardon Hill a couple of months ago with talk on starting up a first team again for next season providing they could get the off field numbers behind them but all has gone very quiet on how things went.

Ibstock United as far as I know are now not playing at any level, well certainly not on the Welfare ground anyway so in all probability not at all.

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 27, 2019, 8:26 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #7 of 40 (9561 views)
Shortcut

York RI are looking to reinstate a senior men's team for 2019-20. They have a senior women's team (in the North East Regional League's South Division), and plenty of teams for boys and girls.

The club's May 2019 newsletter (which, though not mentioning anything about the plans for a senior men's team, indicates how active the club are):

https://mailchi.mp/...rk-ri-afc-newsletter

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on May 27, 2019, 8:32 AM)

Andrew H
Junior Team Star

May 27, 2019, 8:32 AM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #8 of 40 (9546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AFC Ringmer are a different club to Ringmer. AFC will, hopefully, be moving to their new ground in the autumn. Ringmer very unlikely to play in the near future, if at all.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 27, 2019, 9:23 AM

Post #9 of 40 (9451 views)
Shortcut

Appledore still exist, their reserve team carried on playing in the North Devon League, winning the Senior Division (second tier) and their thirds struggling in Division One (third tier).

These will presumably become the first and second teams for 2019-20.

Fanatic
First Team Star

May 27, 2019, 12:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 40 (8987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrew H] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
AFC Ringmer are a different club to Ringmer. AFC will, hopefully, be moving to their new ground in the autumn. Ringmer very unlikely to play in the near future, if at all.

Is there some kind of link between the two clubs? Ringmer's twitter feed is full of AFC stuff.

Sarumio

May 27, 2019, 3:21 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #11 of 40 (8813 views)
Shortcut

Some info for you

Chipping Norton Town's first team resigned mid season from the Witney & District League Premier Division. But the Reserves carried on in Division Three. Assuming they'll become the first team next season. Also, they don't have Swifts on the end of their name any longer.

Farnborough North End are still alive and kicking, just! They are continuing their descent down the leagues, which is presumably their aim, as they seem to be doing very well at it. Season just gone, they finished bottom of the second tier of the Aldershot & District League. The only good news for them is that there is no third tier to the league and nothing else below it. So the only way is up for them!

The latest incarnation of Bloxwich Town are still going, they're just called Lane Head - in the Midland League Division Two (Step 7).

Ramsey Town are also still going - they dropped a few division voluntarily, but are currently in the Peterborough & District League Division Four.

Lastly, London APSA changed their name to Newham, and carried on in the Essex Olympian League until two years ago.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

May 27, 2019, 5:34 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #12 of 40 (8559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The latest incarnation of Bloxwich Town are still going, they're just called Lane Head - in the Midland League Division Two (Step 7).

Not sure if they are the same club, Lane Head were formed in 2004 as a youth set up and they formed a senior club last season. Maybe they merged but in that case I would have thought they would have used the Bloxwich name.
They certainly play at the Red Lion Ground but are the latest in a long line of clubs to do so. Has any ground hosted as many clubs over the years?

Fanatic
First Team Star

May 27, 2019, 6:30 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 40 (8456 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Lastly, London APSA changed their name to Newham, and carried on in the Essex Olympian League until two years ago.

The club were still going as London APSA in the Essex Alliance until the end of the 17/18 season, but didn't reappear this season.

Richard Rundle

May 27, 2019, 6:31 PM

Post #14 of 40 (8452 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Chipping Norton Town's first team resigned mid season from the Witney & District League Premier Division.

Did they? I have them down as resigning before the season. If they did play one or more games I can amend my records.

paulh66

May 27, 2019, 7:02 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #15 of 40 (8372 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

The club were still going as London APSA in the Essex Alliance until the end of the 17/18 season, but didn't reappear this season.

They did change name to Newham for their last year or two in the Essex Senior but reverted back to London APSA after dropping down to the Olympian.

Sarumio

May 27, 2019, 8:39 PM

Post #16 of 40 (8205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Chipping Norton Town's first team resigned mid season from the Witney & District League Premier Division.

Did they? I have them down as resigning before the season. If they did play one or more games I can amend my records.

I only noticed they'd gone after the season had started, around October time. It might be that they didn't take up their place in the Premier and thus didn't play any games. I just assumed they had!

TonyD
Reserve Team Regular

May 27, 2019, 8:42 PM

Team(s): Sutton United, Crystal Palace

Post #17 of 40 (8201 views)
Shortcut

T&M Wanderers resigned from the Middlesex League in October 2017 after one game which was awarded to Kensington Borough. Their "record" was expunged from the league for that season. I've not heard from them since and assumed that they had given up. They were a ridiculous venture anyway, started by an individual who fell out with the T&M United Board.
And in the same locale;

Has anyone any news on whether AC London are ever going to restart?
And what about Croydon Municipal, who played one season in the Combined Counties League?

Dylan's Dad
Reserve Team Regular

May 29, 2019, 1:30 PM

Team(s): Gillingham

Post #18 of 40 (7468 views)
Shortcut

I live in Pelsall and I have seen nothing to indicate that Pelsall Villa will be fielding a team again any time soon............

La la la
La la la
Life is football
-- Robb Johnson

Sarumio

May 29, 2019, 1:45 PM

Post #19 of 40 (7444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Not sure if they are the same club, Lane Head were formed in 2004 as a youth set up and they formed a senior club last season. Maybe they merged but in that case I would have thought they would have used the Bloxwich name.
They certainly play at the Red Lion Ground but are the latest in a long line of clubs to do so. Has any ground hosted as many clubs over the years?

I am fairly certain that they did merge.

There would be no other justification or reason for Lane Head to have been parachuted into Midland League Division Two.

But agree it was strange they didn't use the Bloxwich name. It may have been more of a takeover?

shaun harley
Ballboy/girl

May 30, 2019, 6:38 PM

Post #20 of 40 (6857 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I only noticed they'd gone after the season had started, around October time. It might be that they didn't take up their place in the Premier and thus didn't play
any games. I just assumed they had!

Chipping Norton Town (reserves) finished the season in Div3 of the Witney and District league playing at Enstone. I am led to believe they will be entering the Witney and District again next season.

In Reply To

villan
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2019, 4:25 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #21 of 40 (5942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shaun harley] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can I boost this thread by enquiring what has happened to some venues I have missed over last 12 years of keeping records re grounds in leagues I have otherwise currently completed.
1 Staffs County premier
a) Sandyford CC Shelford Road....I have Goldenhill Wanderers playing there 2007-10 but nothing since. GW reappeared 2017 but at Trubshaw Cross & not showing in 2018. Is venue still present but just cricket now?
b) Stallington Hospital Fulford lane...... I have Stallington FC in 2007 & then Tunstall Town in 2013 but nothing since. I believe hospital was closed some years back but does football still exist on site & if so who plays there.

2 Notts. senior premier
a) Trent Vale Road Beeston Rylands....I had Boots Athletic in 2008 but nothing since. I think this was old Plessey/Siemens site & social club closed but does football exist still & if so who plays there.
b) Carrington Sports Ground off Mapperley Hall Drive. I think this is cricket ground with entrance off Alverstone road. I have Caribbean Cavs. 2008-09 &then FC Cavaliers 2010-13 but nothing since. Is this just cricket now?
C) Carlton Hill B686 I have Gedling Southbank up to 2013 but they went to ground sharing after that. Is this still used for football?
d) Vernon Road Basford I have Vernon Villa in 2011 but nothing since & cannot trace an adult team for them now. Is this used just for youth/junior football now?
e) Nottingham University Ground University Boulevard.... I have Attenborough there for 1 season in 2012 but nothing since. Is this same venue as Highfields sports complex used by Bridgford United last season. It is listed on same road.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 16

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2019, 4:41 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #22 of 40 (5910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Can I boost this thread by enquiring what has happened to some venues I have missed over last 12 years of keeping records re grounds in leagues I have otherwise currently completed.
1 Staffs County premier
Stallington Hospital Fulford lane... I have Stallington FC in 2007 & then Tunstall Town in 2013 but nothing since. I believe hospital was closed some years back but does football still exist on site & if so who plays there.

Looking on Google Aerial photos, the pitch is overgrown, surrounded by trees. Looks like the changing room/bar building is standing.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Jun 15, 2019, 12:57 AM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #23 of 40 (5287 views)
Shortcut

2 Notts. senior premier
a) Trent Vale Road Beeston Rylands....I had Boots Athletic in 2008 but nothing since. I think this was old Plessey/Siemens site & social club closed but does football exist still & if so who plays there.

Beeston play there, but they have to give way to cricket

b) Carrington Sports Ground off Mapperley Hall Drive. I think this is cricket ground with entrance off Alverstone road. I have Caribbean Cavs. 2008-09 &then FC Cavaliers 2010-13 but nothing since. Is this just cricket now?
I think it is just cricket, but there might be some Sunday and midweek action.

[i[C) Carlton Hill B686 I have Gedling Southbank up to 2013 but they went to ground sharing after that. Is this still used for football?
There's still a pitch marked out on the only flattish park of the park

d) Vernon Road Basford I have Vernon Villa in 2011 but nothing since & cannot trace an adult team for them now. Is this used just for youth/junior football now?
I've not seen any trace of an adult/open-age team there

e) Nottingham University Ground University Boulevard.... I have Attenborough there for 1 season in 2012 but nothing since. Is this same venue as Highfields sports complex used by Bridgford United last season. It is listed on same road.
Highfields Sports Complex and Nottingham University Ground are, as far as I know, the same place. Notts County used to have Academy matches there.
It's primarily used by the various sports clubs of the University for BUCS matches, but I know of clubs who've hired it out for tournaments simply due to the size of the grounds.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.
No problem, but I'm sorry I couldn't provide much more

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

villan
First Team Star

Jun 17, 2019, 12:29 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #24 of 40 (4668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shimtoan] Do they still exist? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for your response & help. I had Beeston listed at Leyton Crescent which I think is Beeston Rylands Community Centre. According to full time I believe they played there until May when they played last game at Ron Steel Lenton lane perhaps because of cricket. Their website does refer to Trent Vale though & also reference to a failed grant application for improvements/security matters. I wonder whether Trent Vale is just used for juniors at present?? They seem to have a 99 year lease on the place!! I will check it out next season probably.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 16

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Jun 17, 2019, 5:06 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #25 of 40 (4470 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks for your response & help. I had Beeston listed at Leyton Crescent which I think is Beeston Rylands Community Centre. According to full time I believe they played there until May when they played last game at Ron Steel Lenton lane perhaps because of cricket. Their website does refer to Trent Vale though & also reference to a failed grant application for improvements/security matters. I wonder whether Trent Vale is just used for juniors at present?? They seem to have a 99 year lease on the place!! I will check it out next season probably.

Cricket is why they finished the season at ours. Left the dressing room clean, which is a bonus for us.

Trent Vale can actually refer to 3 places - the school field, a junior pitch (no cricket), and the Sports Centre (cricket). I played on all 3 as a kid for Centurions.

I now want to go check to see if the old pavilion has been done up. It'd be a lot more convenient than having to traipse across the canal and road from the changing rooms on the weir field, where you have to take all your togs out with you during the match

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3