Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Faroe Isles weekend.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 26, 2019, 12:14 PM

Post #1 of 3 (950 views)
Shortcut
Faroe Isles weekend. Can't Post or Reply Privately

From Hampshire Lad

6pm Thursday 23 May
FA Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
Vikingur Gota 0 Skala 0
(1-1 on agg VG win on away goals)
Adm none visibly taken, no turnstiles
No paper, infact nothing on sale
Att 700ish half and half

After arriving 1pm at the Airport there was plenty of time to do 2 laps of the country if wanted to but a gentle drive from Sorvagur to Nordragota sufficed for this 6pm kick off.

Parked directly behind the goal, the weather was so bad that most parked up on the hillsides and stayed in their vehicles. The game was completely ruined by the weather, a very strong wind blowing across the pitch. Two very evenly matched sides, this was going to penalties had I not known about the away goals rule.

Big seated stand with standing at the top, amazing views and surrounds. Nordagota is a good central location.

11am Saturday 25 May
1.deild
EB/Streymur II 1 NSi Runavik II 3
No admission and nothing for sale
Att 30ish

Really good game between two young sides. I think the II XI's representing the clubs are the best of the youngsters whereas the III XI seem to be more local players who just want to play for their local team. This was bottom v top but didnt really show until 2nd half.
This game was played in Eidi, the home team being a merge between Eidi and Streymnes which had worked wonders bringing titles and European excursions. Eidi old ground is in the distance a 5min walk away but it now only a campsite, if you searched Eidi campsite you will see this ground.
The new place is seated on one side in a much more sophisticated manner than the Vikingur stand, and once again gives great views of the town, church and surrounds, the view from the road above onto the ground is wonderful, not much open in Eidi on a Saturday morning..

3.30pm Sat 25 May
1.dield
07 Vestur 2 Ki Klasvik II 2
Adm none and nothing for sale.
Att 80ish

From the northernmost ground in use there was plentiful time from the 1.15pm finish to make way to the most westerly ground and make a trip to see the waterfall.

Wonderful setting in a very quiet Sorvagur town, very few things open until the evening. Green 3 step seating ran the full length on one side of the ground, a bit of banking before you hit the beach. Ok game this was 2nd v 4th at the start of the day. Got very lucky with the weather only needed 3 layers in the beautiful sun.

Currently on the ferry to Suduroy island for the TB prem fixture v IF. Sunday ferry times are 11am out and 17.30 return back to Torshavn.

So game will be based around that, on this ferry is the NSi Runavik u21 team who just so happen to be the same group of lads representing the II I saw up in Eidi yesterday. They have a 2pm game in Vagur, ferry arrives 1pm... plenty of kids teams on board too.

Faroe islands can be done as cheap as you want it to be. We have a motorhome but parking and pitching up for the night is not allowed which is a shame as its so quiet it seems an odd rule. We have made use of camp sites at Vestmanna and Torshavn both 20 for the night (10 per person) with hot showers and toilets and free wifi, excellent really.

We have done the 6 islands connected by car, absolutely stunning, jaw dropping really.

For football I have used Faroesoccer.com and soccerway which has been ahead of the game for some fixtures. All prem games are on subscription TV and the beitrideildin Facebook will tell you the games 3/4 days in advance. There is in fact a 3.deild but you have to look on the independent club websites and Facebooks to find them, 07 vestur had a game finishing when I arrived for example but cant find what game it was etc.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 26, 2019, 1:27 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 3 (911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Faroe Isles weekend. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

For football I have used Faroesoccer.com and soccerway which has been ahead of the game for some fixtures. All prem games are on subscription TV and the beitrideildin Facebook will tell you the games 3/4 days in advance. There is in fact a 3.deild but you have to look on the independent club websites and Facebooks to find them, 07 vestur had a game finishing when I arrived for example but cant find what game it was etc.

From cloudy Tbilisi, ? , I always use (set on 3.deild Group B at moment) http://www.fsf.fo/Default.aspx?ID=2196

07 Vestur look in Group A.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 26, 2019, 1:28 PM)

Callum
Youth Team Sub

May 28, 2019, 10:05 AM

Post #3 of 3 (677 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Faroe Isles weekend. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks splodge and dottirofhod

Made the trip Sunday to Suduroy on the only 2 ferries available the 11 out and 17.30 return, pay on return visit 28 for 2 adults and 1 car. Walk on passengers should only be 80kr. Ferry is similar size to Dover Calais and terminal is in Torshavn port alongside Nolsoy ferry which is on 50kr and has many more trips and only takes 20mins. Bus station to Airport and Klasvik is also there 90kr one way.
Also on this ferry were the NSI Runavik U21 team who won 0-14 at a ground in Vagur which I turned up to to get a pic of. Beautiful location.
From the 1pm arrival I managed to drive down to Sumba and see their derelict ground(the southernmost of the Faroes) and all the way back up to Sandsvik which passes Hvalba which host Royn FC ground on the beach side.
I then made my way back to watch TB Tvororyri for 3pm which from what I can work out in 2016 merged all the Suduroy teams together to try and compete a bit more in the Faroese Prem. The ground is not the ground shown on the groundhopper app (Svemyri) which is also now disused, it's the new ground on the bend of the town and therefore walkable from the ferry pre and post match.

Sun 26 May
Tb Tvoroyri 1 IF Fuglafjordur 0
Att given as 200
No admission taken and nothing sold

Very dour game, every game seemed to take the same time to settle down. TB grew in confidence and 2nd half really put on the pressure finally scoring with 10 to go. Thought their CB was the best player on the park, a 36 year old Senegalese chap who's been in the country since 2008!
Ground is good, steep banking once side, modern new stand with external seating on the sides , bank at far end , school playground at the car park end. IF came back on the boat with the few fans looking downbeat, probably should have put in a bit more effort then!

(This post was edited by Callum on May 28, 2019, 11:47 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3