Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 18, 2019, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #51 of 59 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
But you're saying Moreton didn't want the travelling involved in the Glos County League, yet are now all of a sudden willing to travel all over Herefordshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and a fair bit of Oxfordshire.

Funny that!

Was the Oxfordshire Senior League not an option for them if they didn't want the Glos Co.

Regardless of the whys or wherefores of Moreton's intentions, can anyone confirm whether or not, BOTH Moreton Rangers and Bourton Rovers passed ground grading for Step 6 football, by the same cut off point that everyone else in the country had until.

You know...that same cut off point that Ilkley, Buckhurst Hill and Letchworth all failed to get their respective works done and were thus denied promotion to Step 6 as a result....

Bourton will have the seated stand & floodlights in place by August

So...,the answer is no then!!

I’m sure the likes of Buckhurst Hill, Staplehurst, Peckham, Letchworth and Ilkley would all have had their grounds up to standard by August had they been dealt with the same way! Absolutely ludicrous.

And Moreton? Fully compliant by March 31st I presume?

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 18, 2019, 11:37 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #52 of 59 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wrong again I'm afraid. As has already been pointed out. clubs do not need seats or lights straight away in order to be allowed up to step 6. They have until the following March to get the necessary grade (including seats) but the lights need to be in place by end of September. There are numerous examples where this has been the case, certainly in recent seasons - surely you've noticed.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 18, 2019, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #53 of 59 (1580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
But you're saying Moreton didn't want the travelling involved in the Glos County League, yet are now all of a sudden willing to travel all over Herefordshire, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and a fair bit of Oxfordshire.

Funny that!

Was the Oxfordshire Senior League not an option for them if they didn't want the Glos Co.

Regardless of the whys or wherefores of Moreton's intentions, can anyone confirm whether or not, BOTH Moreton Rangers and Bourton Rovers passed ground grading for Step 6 football, by the same cut off point that everyone else in the country had until.

You know...that same cut off point that Ilkley, Buckhurst Hill and Letchworth all failed to get their respective works done and were thus denied promotion to Step 6 as a result....

I’m sure the likes of Buckhurst Hill, Staplehurst, Peckham, Letchworth and Ilkley would all have had their grounds up to standard by August had they been dealt with the same way! Absolutely ludicrous.

Bourton don’t need to have lights until 30th September & a seated stand until 31st March next year. They only had to have a covered stand to among other things to pass the H Grading.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2019, 7:41 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #54 of 59 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have always thought that the period of grace to get floodlights up and certain other things done during the coming season just applied to clubs that are promoted from step 7 in the normal way.
But a club promoted from outside the NLS had to have the full required grading now. These 4 are from outside the NLS.
Is that not the case?

paulh66

Jun 19, 2019, 8:34 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #55 of 59 (1266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you could tell us the source of that information then it might help move the conversation along. The regs themselves merely refer to meeting the entry criteria.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2019, 8:45 AM

Post #56 of 59 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If you could tell us the source of that information then it might help move the conversation along. The regs themselves merely refer to meeting the entry criteria.

Well obviously i can't give you the source of the information because that's why i am asking the question.

paulh66

Jun 19, 2019, 8:51 AM

Post #57 of 59 (1219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Steps 1-6 provisional allocations 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you've always thought something I assumed you'd know why. Fair enough, though, if it was just a general impression rather than based on anything specific.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2019, 9:01 AM

Post #58 of 59 (1202 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
If you've always thought something I assumed you'd know why. Fair enough, though, if it was just a general impression rather than based on anything specific.

Yes something in the back of my mind that i read somewhere but as we know many things that are written on websites tend to be inaccurate.

ramblingrover
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2019, 10:39 AM

Post #59 of 59 (998 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I have always thought that the period of grace to get floodlights up and certain other things done during the coming season just applied to clubs that are promoted from step 7 in the normal way.
But a club promoted from outside the NLS had to have the full required grading now. These 4 are from outside the NLS.
Is that not the case?

Depends how you read the regulations, as with everything from the FA.

The regulations state that such clubs must meet the entry criteria for the step they enter at.

For step 6 that differs for clubs already at step 6 or above and clubs being promoted from step 7. It doesn't state what they are for new clubs from outside.

If you treat them as an existing club they must have Grade G - i.e all the work done.

If you treat them as promoted from step 7 then they have the grace periods for the lights and stands.

In this case the clubs are being treated as "promoted" which is probably the intention within the regs.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3