Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

May 15, 2019, 4:18 PM

Team(s): Barry Town United

Post #1 of 14 (4398 views)
Shortcut
Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

From the C&SN Twitter account:

The eight new teams being recommended to join the League are AFC Weeting Res., AG Athletic, Costessey Sports Res., Dilligent FC, FC Viking, Firside Athletic, Hornets and Redgrave Rangers Res. The League wishes a very warm welcome to all of them.

I, for one, look forwards to visiting the Norfolk towns or villages of AG, Dilligent, Hornets and especially Viking next season.

I've been told I should get out more. More?!

mxhornet
First Team Star

May 15, 2019, 6:15 PM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #2 of 14 (4199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lionel de Lion] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
From the C&SN Twitter account:

The eight new teams being recommended to join the League are AFC Weeting Res., AG Athletic, Costessey Sports Res., Dilligent FC, FC Viking, Firside Athletic, Hornets and Redgrave Rangers Res. The League wishes a very warm welcome to all of them.

I, for one, look forwards to visiting the Norfolk towns or villages of AG, Dilligent, Hornets and especially Viking next season.

But not Firside ?

AG Athletic are Deopham based Sunday side expanding in to Saturday football
Dilligent - no idea
Firside Athletic are a youth side stepping up to adult football based at Firside School Hellesdon (but not sure there's a full sized pitch there)
Hornets - again no idea
FC Viking - I thought Postwick but on checking it appears they now use FDC Open Academy on Sundays, another expanding in to Saturday football

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

May 16, 2019, 10:01 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #3 of 14 (3767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A wild guess, but Beccles Town have a couple of Under 8 and Under 14 teams called Hornets. Maybe they've developed a slightly older age team to take part in this league?

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

May 16, 2019, 9:40 PM

Post #4 of 14 (3434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah, no. I was unclear.

I'd found (correctly,as it turns out) an area of Norwich that may be called "Firside". I do look forwards to going there too, but especially the teams with no geographical clues in their names.

mxhornet
First Team Star

May 28, 2019, 10:22 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #5 of 14 (2731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lionel de Lion] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lakenheath Casuals are a late addition.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

May 29, 2019, 7:38 PM

Post #6 of 14 (2381 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Unless they've been exceptionally casual with their team name, that's going to be far to easy to find.

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

May 30, 2019, 9:15 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #7 of 14 (2180 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Unless they've been exceptionally casual with their team name, that's going to be far to easy to find.

I'm sure Lakenheath Casuals were in the Cambridgeshire County League until a few seasons back.

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

May 30, 2019, 12:38 PM

Post #8 of 14 (2051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The draft 2019/20 constitution has been announced by the C&SN Twitter account:

Division 1 draft constitution is Briston, Castle Acre Swifts Res., Dereham Taverners, Dussindale Rovers Res., Hethersett Athletic, Hockering, Mundford Exiles, Norwich Medics, Redgrave Rangers, Rockland Utd., UEA A, Watton Utd. Res.

Hethersett Athletic and Rockland United reprieved. Redgrave Rangers, Hockering, Dussindale Rovers Reserves and Mundford Exiles promoted from Div.2.

Division 2 draft constitution is Bar 33, Brandon Town Res., Bridgham Utd., Briston Res., Dereham Taverners Res., Feltwell Utd., Gressenhall, Hingham Athletic Res., Longham Res., Tacolneston Res., Wensum Albion, Yaxham.

Dereham Taverners Reserves and Bar 33 reprieved. Longham Reserves, Feltwell United, Wensum Albion and Hingham Athletic Reserves promoted from Div.3.

Division 3 draft constitution is AFC Weeting, Bacton, Bowthorpe Rovers, Cockers, Hempnall Res., Hockering Res., Litcham, Narborough Res., Rockland Utd. Res., Sprowston Athletic Res.

Bacton reprieved. Sprowston Athletic Reserves, Hempnall Reserves, Rockland United Reserves, Litcham, Hockering Reserves and Narborough Reserves promoted from Div.4.

Division 4 draft constitution is AG Athletic, Colkirk, Costessey Sports Res., Dilligent FC, FC Viking, Firside Athletic, Home Care Utd., Hornets, Lakenheath Casuals, Necton Res., Redgrave Rangers Res.

Home Care United relegated from Div.3. AG Athletic, Costessey Sports Reserves, Dilligent FC, FC Viking, Firside Athletic, Hornets, Lakenheath Casual and Redgrave Rangers Reserves are new to the league.

So with Longham having left for the Combination and Bar 33 Reserves disappearing, every team finishing in a bottom two position in 2018/19 with the exception of Home Care United have been reprieved.

(This post was edited by Lionel de Lion on May 30, 2019, 12:51 PM)

Noah's Dad
First Team Sub

May 31, 2019, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex, Bury Town, Ipswich Town, Spanish football, Groundhopper

Post #9 of 14 (1804 views)
Shortcut

Now if only the North East Norfolk League had as much interest from teams looking to join....

Assume Lakenheath Casuals at the Nest?

2019/20 new grounds: 6 Matches: 8
Total grounds: 2,266

Last game: WHU 0 Man City 5 19.8.19

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 31, 2019, 10:15 AM

Post #10 of 14 (1777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm sure Lakenheath Casuals were in the Cambridgeshire County League until a few seasons back.

Yep, last seen with two teams (in Divisions 3B & 5A) in 2016-17.

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

May 31, 2019, 5:07 PM

Post #11 of 14 (1651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Central & South Norfolk League 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to Full Time their matches were played at Lakenheath Recreation Ground (while Lakenheath's were listed as being at The Pit/The Nest) so it'll be interesting to see where they'll play next season.

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

Jun 10, 2019, 7:56 PM

Post #12 of 14 (1302 views)
Shortcut

There's yet another late application to join the league (they've not said from whom). Hopefully there'll be more info following Thursday's AGM.

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

Jun 14, 2019, 3:25 PM

Post #13 of 14 (1027 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
There's yet another late application to join the league (they've not said from whom). Hopefully there'll be more info following Thursday's AGM.

I lied. Weasenham Wanderers and West Row have also joined the league at last night's AGM. Whether or not the resultant rejigging will earn a reprieve for Home Care United (or whether Bar 33 asked if they could please not be reprieved) has yet to be announced.

Lionel de Lion
Youth Team Sub

Sep 6, 2019, 7:46 PM

Post #14 of 14 (665 views)
Shortcut

AG Athletic have quietly disappeared from the Division 4 table. I didn't spot any tweet about this, so don't know when it happened.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3