Home: Non League Football Information: Other Cup Competitions:
2018/19 Shropshire County cups - help needed

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 13, 2019, 3:29 PM

Post #1 of 4 (249 views)
Shortcut
2018/19 Shropshire County cups - help needed Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi, can anyone who knows answer a few questions about the higher county cups in Shropshire this season please?

There are pages for the Senior Cup and the Huddersfield Cup on the county FA's site, but neither have any results/data behind them. Are they one and the same or two separate competitions, and does anyone have a list of results for this season from either?

Thanks

(I'm OK for the Premier Cup and the Challenge Cup)

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 13, 2019, 3:48 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 4 (244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] 2018/19 Shropshire County cups - help needed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can only give you an initial pointer. The final of the Huddersfield Cup (which was a new one on me) was played on May 3, Whitchurch Alport 3-3 Market Drayton on a neutral ground (vaguely recall it was at Shrewsbury Town but can't be sure) with Alport winning 4-2 on pens. Alport beat Telford 5-4 on pens in the semifinal on April 11 after a 1-1 draw (source NWC website).

Ipeland
First Team Sub

May 13, 2019, 7:20 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #3 of 4 (204 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] 2018/19 Shropshire County cups - help needed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Huddersfield Cup:
Semi finals
Newport Town 0-7 Market Drayton Town - 4/4/19
Whitchurch Alport 1-1 AFC Telford United (5-4 on pens) - 11/4/19

Final
Whitchurch Alport 3-3 Market Drayton Town (4-2 on pens) - 3/5/19 (at AFC Telford)

Senior Cup
Final
Shrewsbury Town 1-1 AFC Telford United (4-3 on pens) - 19/3/19 (at Market Drayton)

As far as I can tell the Senior Cup is now a one off game between Shrewsbury and the winner of the previous season's Huddersfield Cup. The Huddersfield Cup is for non-league sides down to step 5 plus winners of the previous season's Premier Cup. The Premier Cup is for teams at step 6 and 7. Not exactly the easiest structure to understand.

Grounds visited: 273
Last new ground: School Lane Ground (Cemaes Bay)
Next planned fixture: Unsure

(This post was edited by Ipeland on May 13, 2019, 7:24 PM)

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 13, 2019, 9:58 PM

Post #4 of 4 (166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] 2018/19 Shropshire County cups - help needed [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Many thanks to you both.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3