Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
Canada football below the new Canada Premier League.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 3, 2019, 1:26 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 5 (635 views)
Shortcut
Canada football below the new Canada Premier League. Can't Post or Reply Privately

From the blog, again not proof read or double/double checked facts.

Canada, football below the Canadian Premier League.

The Canadian Professional Soccer League is coming , Sat April 27th to be precise but what ‘s below this level of soccer ?

The Canadian Soccer Association has designated 2 leagues to be the next in line , purely within Canada of course I will refer to them as Tier 2. The 2 leagues are the League1 Ontario ( L1 O)and the Premiere Ligue de Soccer du Quebec. (PLSQ) As it says on the packet the L1 O is regionalised around the Toronto area and the PLSQ around the Montreal area.
Both in this guise are fairly new leagues with the L1 O being formed in 2013 and commencing with the 2014 season whereas the PLSQ has been around a couple of years more starting with the 2012 season.
Teams have come and gone in both , but both have been adding teams recently as time progressed until this season when the L1O is reduced to 16 teams from the season high of 17 the previous season.

The L1 O began in 2014 with 9 teams which gradually grew to 17 and nowhas 16 for the 2019 season, meanwhile the PLSQ began in 2012 with 8 teams which lasted 2 seasons before dropping to 6 in 2013 since then however they have crept up to a high this season 2019 of 9 teams.

The winners of both of these leagues enters the prestigious Canadian Championship for 2020. The entrants for the 2019 edition are Vaughan Azzuri of the L1 O and A S Blainville of the PLSQ,

There is another Association the Soccer Federation of Canada (SFC) and another league the ‘Canadian Soccer League'(CSL) that claim to be at this level, more on them later.

Constitutions and grounds for 2019.

eague1 Ontario.

1 division of 16.

Alliance Utd @ Mount Joy Turf , 6140 16th Avenue, Markham OR Centennial College, 941 Progress Avenue, Scarborough. Aurora FC @ Stewart Burnett Park , 1396 Wellington St, Aurora.
Darby FC @ Whitby Soccer Centre Dome, Rossland Rd West , Whitby.
Durham Utd @ Bay Ridges Kinsmen Park , 705 Sandy Beach Rd, Pickering OR Pickering Soccer Centre, 1975 Clements Rd, Pickering.
FC London @ German/Canadian Field, 1 Cove Rd, London.
Master’s Football @ L’Amoreaux Sports Centre, Silver Springs Rd, Toronto.
North Mississauga FC @ Parramount Fine Foods Centre, (AKA Hershey Centre), 5500 Rose Cherry Place, Toronto.
Oakville Blue Devils @ Sheridan Trafalgar Centre, Trafalgar Rd Campus, Oakville.
Ottawa South United Force @ Quinns Pointe Field, 3490 Cambrian Rd, Ottawa.
Pro Stars FC @ Victoria Park Stadium, 20 Victoria Crescent, Brampton.
Sigma FC @ Parramount Fine Foods Centre, (AKA Hershey Centre), 5500 Rose Cherry Place, Toronto.
Toronto Skillz FC @ Birchmount Stadium, 5735 Rose Cherry Place, Scarborough, Toronto.
Unionville Milliken SC @ Bill Crothers Turf, 44 Main St, Unionville, Markham.
Vaughan Azzuri @ North Maple Regional Turf ,11085 Keele St ,Vaughan OR McNaughton Turf, 20 McNaughton Rd, Vaughan.
Windsor Toronto F C @ Alumni Field, University of Windsor South Campus, College Avenue, Windsor. (Satellite club of Toronto FC).
Woodbridge Strikers @ Vaughan Grove Turf 1, 7401 Martin Grove Rd, Woodbridge.

Premiere Ligue du Soccer de Quebec.

AS Blainville @ Parc Blainville, 425 Avenue 22 East, Blainville.
CS Fabrose @ Cegep Montmorency, 475 bvd de l’Avenir, Laval.
CS Longueuil @ Laurier 1, Rue Laurier 2095, Longueuil.
CS Mont – Royal Outremont @ Terrein Mont Royal , 60 Roosevelt Avenue, Mount Royal.
CS Montreuil @ Stade Dejardins AKA Bois de Boulogne 1, Laval.
CS St Hubert @ Roseanne Laflamme, 7405 Terrasse du Centre, St Hubert.
Dynamo Quebec @ Polyvalente Benoit Vachon Stadium, 919 Route Saint Martin, Sainte Marie.
FC Gatineau @ Mont Bleu P4, Secondary School Mont Bleu, 241 bvd de la Cite des Jeunes.
FC Lanaudiere @ Parc Eschallions 1, L’Achigan High School, 60 Montee Remi-Henri, St Roch de l’Achigan.

And now the 3rd league that claims to be at the same level as the 2 above , but unfortunately nowadays it’s affiliated to an organisation not recognised by FIFA or CONCACAF, so it’s a ”pirate’ league.
The league being the ‘Canadian Soccer League’ which is affiliated to the ‘Soccer Federation of Canada’ and not the official ‘Canadian Soccer Association’. More in next post.

Canadian Soccer League.
Constitution and grounds. 2019.

Brantford Galaxy @ Heritage Green Turf , 447 1st Rd W, Stoney Creek.
CSC Mississauga @ Hershey Centre (AKA Paramount Fine Foods),5500 Rose Cherry Place, Mississauga.
FC Vorkuta @ Ontario Soccer Centre, 7601 Martin Grove Rd, Vaughan.
Hamilton City @ Heritage Green Turf , 447 1st Rd W, Stoney Creek.
Kingsman S C @ Esther Shiner Stadium, 99, 1 Ailsa Craig Ct, North York.
CS Real Mississauga @ Huron Park Recreation Centre, 830 Paisley bvrd W, Mississauga.
SC Waterloo @ RIM Park, 2001 University Ave E, Waterloo.
Scarborough FC @ Birchmount Stadium, 93 Birchmount Rd, Scarborough.
Serbian White Eagles @ Centennial Stadium , 256 Centennial Park Rd, Etobicoke.
Ukraine United @ Centennial Stadium , 256 Centennial Park Rd, Etobicoke.

A quick update about what’s happened during the short lives of these leagues.

L1 O.

The league champions title has been dominated by Oakville Blue Devils and Vaughan Azzuri both winning the title twice with Toronto FC Academy winning it in its first year.
Toronto FC Academy were actually Toronto FC III team and spent all 5 seasons in the league until dropping out for 2019.
Of the 5 Cups that have taken place the Azzuri have 3 wins with Woodbridge Strikers the other 2.
For some reason the Cup is not being contested in 2019.

PSLQ.

The PSLQ has had 4 different winners in its 7 years , CS Mont Royal winning it 3 times , AS Blainville twice and CS Longueuil and FC St -Leonard once each.
FC St-Leonard were a Montreal side who only spent the first 2 seasons in the league winning it in its first season of 2012.
The cup has only been played since 2014 and has 4 different winners AS Blainville twice and one apiece for Lakeshore SC, FC Gatineau and FC Lanaudiere.
Lakeshore SC were a short lived PLSQ side from Montreal spending just 2 seasons in it and winning the cup in 2015.

For info on the pirate Canadian Soccer League there is a separate post on this thread for that league !

Now the Canadian teams playing outside of the leagues above.

USA Tier 1. – MLS.

Montreal Impact @ Saputo Stadium, 4750 Sherbrooke St East..
Toronto FC @ BMO Field, 170 Princes’ Bvd.
Vancouver Whitecaps @ BC Place , 777 Pacific Bvd.

USA Tier 2 – USL Championship.

Ottawa Fury @ TD Place AKA Frank Clair/ Lansdowne Park, 1015 Bank St.

USA Tier 3 – USL 1.

Toronto FC II @ BMO Training Centre, 85 Carl Hall Rd.

USL Tier 4 – USL 2.

Calgary Foothills @ Foothills Composite High School Stadium, 229 Woodhaven Drive, Okotoks.
Thunder Bay Chilli @ Fort William Stadium, 300 Legion Track Drive.
Technology Support Services (TSS) FC @ Swangard Stadium,3883 Imperial St, Burnaby, Vancouver.
Victoria Highlanders @ University Centennial Stadium, Saanich, Victoria.
World Soccer Academy (WSA) Winnipeg @ Haverley Soccer Complex (AKA Ralph Cantafio, 900 Waverley St .

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 274 /232 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 16 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 18.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 3, 2019, 6:37 AM)

dottirofhod

May 3, 2019, 1:35 AM

Post #2 of 5 (631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Canada below the new Canada Proessional Soccer League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The other Canada Football Association / League.

This is the 'Canadian Soccer League' (CSL) and the 'Soccer Federation of Canada'(SFC).

Both are not recognised by FIFA or CONCACAF.

The league considers itself alongside League 1 Ontario and the Premiere Ligue de Soccer du Quebec at a level just below the new 'Canadian Premier League' for 2019 season , it's been a well established league in the Ontario / Quebec area for many years.

Starting life as the 'National Soccer League' (NSL) between 1926 - 1993 then becoming the 'Canadian National Soccer League (CNSL) between 1994 - 1997 and then the Canadian Professional Soccer League ( CPSL) between 1998 - 2005 and finally becoming the 'CSL' in 2006.

The league was originally affiliated to the 'Canadian Soccer Association. (CSA) , this association being a member of FIFA & CONCACAF but after accusations of money laundering / match fixing between 2009 and 2013 they were finally expelled from 'CSA' in 2013 with violation of rules and regulations given as the reason , they were given a one year stay of execution to allow teams and the league to sort themselves out.
There was no improvement during 2013 season and the league immediately joined the newly formed 'SFC' in time to start the 2014 season. The acceptance into the 'SFC' is purely insurance cover against personal injury liability , there is no football accountability / governance by the 'SFC'.

There was one game proven to have been fixed , that was the Trois-Rivieres Attak against Toronto Croatia fixture on September 12, 2009 with Approx £13,000 being paid in bribes to Toronto Croatia player Antonijo Zupan to spread among the team to ensure a loss , Croatia lost 4-1 with Zupan missing a penalty to make it 2-2.
There were many more games in Canada and elsewhere being looked at by the RCMP , Interpol & the Canadian Gaming Commission .

6 members of a German on line betting group were jailed at Bochum court with the 2 leaders Marijo Cvrtak and Ante Sapina both getting a 5 and a half years jail sentence , this was including the Canadian case and many other football games including a World Cup 2010 qualifier between Lichtenstein and Finland in Sept 2009 where the Bosnian referee Novo Panic was bribed to ensure 2 goals in the second half of game, the second of which came from a disputed penalty !This was amongst the 200 odd games alleged to have been fixed.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/...ation-hits-home.html

I saw 3 games in the NSL in 1979 , those at London City v Bradford Marshlanders 2-0, ( 02/07) , Toronto Ukrania v Bradford Marshlanders 1-1, (09/07) & Montreal Stars v Bradford Marshlanders 5-0, (14/07) and I have no recollection of anything untoward happening during the games , but then I also can't remember what happened yesterday !
I can remember an ex Stockport County pro Tommy Henderson playing for Bradford , he was amazed when I struck up a conversation with him at the first of those games , in Montreal he accused me of stalking him when having a post match drink on the team coach back to Toronto.

The league went down from 16 clubs in 2012 to 12 when teams jumped ship for the 2013 season , first to go before the start of the 2013 season were the Academy sides of FC Toronto and of Montreal Impact.
Toronto had won the 2nd division with Montreal finishing second in the top div and reaching the Play/Off Final losing to Divisional champions Toronto Croatia in the P/O Final . The teams had to be wary of being involved in what was / is a ''pirate' league / Association.

Allegations of match fixing were still rife and before season 2016 started the Royal Canadian Mounted Police became involved in February 2016 in investigations which led to all league games in season 2016 being monitored by league officials for odd events ! The league is still going and as mentioned it considers itself just below the Canadian Premier League.

Quote from Francesca Baranca , General Sec of Federbet a company that monitors sports gambling -
“The Canadian Soccer League is a disaster, many bookmakers will not touch the league but when they do allow betting, the games are suspicious. In 2016, we still see crazy odds movements that makes us think that a lot of games are fixed.”

Constitution for 2019.

Div 1. (May-Oct).

Brantford Galaxy @ Heritage Green Turf , 447 1st Rd W, Stoney Creek.
CSC Mississauga @ Hershey Centre (AKA Paramount Fine Foods),5500 Rose Cherry Place, Mississauga.
FC Vorkuta @ Ontario Soccer Centre, 7601 Martin Grove Rd, Vaughan.
Hamilton City @ Heritage Green Turf , 447 1st Rd W, Stoney Creek.
Kingsman S C @ Esther Shiner Stadium, 99, 1 Ailsa Craig Ct, North York.
CS Real Mississauga @ Huron Park Recreation Centre, 830 Paisley bvrd W, Mississauga.
SC Waterloo @ RIM Park, 2001 University Ave E, Waterloo.
Scarborough FC @ Birchmount Stadium, 93 Birchmount Rd, Scarborough.
Serbian White Eagles @ Centennial Stadium , 256 Centennial Park Rd, Etobicoke.
Ukraine United @ Centennial Stadium , 256 Centennial Park Rd, Etobicoke.

Div 2. ( June - Sept).

Consists of 6 Reserve teams , Brantford Galaxy, CSC Mississauga, Hamilton City, Kingsman, Serbian White Eagles & Vorkuta.

State / City Leagues below these will appear on the blog in the future.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 274 /232 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 16 / 06 / 2019.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 3, 2019, 7:03 AM)

Gricehead
Youth Team Sub

Jun 5, 2019, 1:46 PM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #3 of 5 (194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Canada below the new Canada Proessional Soccer League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to note that all the links on the index page at https://eccentricity.video.blog/ take you to a wordpress login screen rather than to a blog entry.

They're all of the form of wordpress,com/post/eccentricity.video.blog/<n> rather than eccentricity.video.blog/<date>/<post title> which is where the link in your opening post of this thread heads. I can navigate forwards/backwards using the links at the bottom of the page, but a navigable index would be nice.

dottirofhod

Jun 5, 2019, 2:14 PM

Post #4 of 5 (186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Canada below the new Canada Proessional Soccer League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ta. All is OK on my phone and a computer I was using yesterday (not mine). From the click able links I went straight to posts concerned.
I am a novice at blogs so not too sure what you are saying. I only added links last night.

Gricehead
Youth Team Sub

Jun 5, 2019, 3:18 PM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #5 of 5 (174 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ta. All is OK on my phone and a computer I was using yesterday (not mine). From the click able links I went straight to posts concerned.
I am a novice at blogs so not too sure what you are saying. I only added links last night.

At a guess you're already logged in to Wordpress.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3