INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up

Neutral FC
Ballboy/girl

Apr 29, 2019, 2:10 PM

Team(s): All non-league Clubs, Nottm Forest, Loughborough United 'til demise in1973

Post #1 of 17 (9121 views)
Shortcut
Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up Can't Post or Reply Privately

As far as I can workout the promoted teams as best runners-up will be:-

Thornaby
Exmouth Town
Anstey Nomads
Steyning Town
Broadfields United
Amesbury Town
Harleston Town
Racing Club Warwick

The 9th appears to be a tie between:-
Newark Flowserve and Avro

I assume Newark Flowserve will take the final place through having a better goal difference.

I assume all of these Clubs ground gradings are sufficient for promotion ?

Anyone else like to make any comments.
Attachments: Step 6 Points Per Game.xlsx (11.9 KB)

Dereham Harrier
Junior Team Regular

Apr 29, 2019, 2:57 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers, Dereham Town

Post #2 of 17 (8943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Neutral FC] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if Harleston are allowed to play at Step 5 next season - they still have no perimeter fence or floodlights and rely on a dispensation to play at Step 6, I believe.

(This post was edited by Dereham Harrier on Apr 29, 2019, 3:31 PM)

BDA_85
First Team Regular

Apr 29, 2019, 3:19 PM

Post #3 of 17 (8873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dereham Harrier] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That was mentioned on here on a separate thread. Which means the next placed team on the PPG listing will be promoted. This could continue for some time so teams much further down the list that thought they weren't going to be promoted will be, well into the summer.

kivo
First Team Regular

Apr 29, 2019, 3:47 PM

Team(s): Kiveton Park, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #4 of 17 (8782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why did the FA decide to scrap Step 6 play-offs and decide the post-champion promotion spots on PPG, when at Step 4 PPG comes into play AFTER the play-offs?

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 29, 2019, 4:20 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #5 of 17 (8654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Neutral FC] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You haven’t included the extra places created. With Colwyn Bay joining the Welsh pyramid & Thamesmead folding. Newark Flowserve finished 9th. AVRO & Haughmond will also be promoted, by finishing 10th & 11th.
The only unknown is whether the 11th best runner up will be promoted(Erith & Belvedere) or will North Ferriby FC be placed at step 5 or step 6.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on Apr 29, 2019, 4:34 PM)

Dr Love
First Team Star

Apr 29, 2019, 5:27 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #6 of 17 (8426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kivo] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Why did the FA decide to scrap Step 6 play-offs and decide the post-champion promotion spots on PPG, when at Step 4 PPG comes into play AFTER the play-offs?

Only a few of the step 6 divisions used playoffs to decide promoted teams.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Apr 29, 2019, 5:51 PM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #7 of 17 (8336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dereham Harrier] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if Harleston are allowed to play at Step 5 next season - they still have no perimeter fence or floodlights and rely on a dispensation to play at Step 6, I believe.

As I understand it, they have floodlights and permission to install them , however I can't see how they can enclose the ground or reduce the distance between the changing rooms and the pitch, they are also rather short on usable cover or seating as well, so I believe there is little chance of them playing at step 5 next season.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Neutral FC
Ballboy/girl

Apr 29, 2019, 5:59 PM

Team(s): All non-league Clubs, Nottm Forest, Loughborough United 'til demise in1973

Post #8 of 17 (8316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No I haven't because I have little doubt the FA will influence the rest when they are ready. See no reason for them to delay though unless the odd team hasn't decided yet where they want to play. Having said that, if they haven't done so yet I would expect the FA will simply tell them where they are playing. I would hope the FA will announce before too long precisely what they have decided for promotion from Step 6 so Clubs can start proper planning for 2019/20. that is only fair and reasonable.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 29, 2019, 6:19 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #9 of 17 (8232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You haven’t included the extra places created. With Colwyn Bay joining the Welsh pyramid & Thamesmead folding. Newark Flowserve finished 9th. AVRO & Haughmond will also be promoted, by finishing 10th & 11th.
The only unknown is whether the 11th best runner up will be promoted(Erith & Belvedere) or will North Ferriby FC be placed at step 5 or step 6.

I am pleased that you posted that.
i was trying to work it out this afternoon and completely forgot about Colwyn Bay.
The prediction makes sense now.

windydcfc

Apr 29, 2019, 6:45 PM

Post #10 of 17 (8165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

As I understand it, they have floodlights and permission to install them , however I can't see how they can enclose the ground or reduce the distance between the changing rooms and the pitch, they are also rather short on usable cover or seating as well, so I believe there is little chance of them playing at step 5 next season.

There is zero chance of them playing at step 5. They’ve failed the ground grading inspection & are fully aware that they will not be promoted under any circumstances.

Dereham Harrier
Junior Team Regular

Apr 29, 2019, 8:32 PM

Team(s): Kidderminster Harriers, Dereham Town

Post #11 of 17 (7837 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

There is zero chance of them playing at step 5. They’ve failed the ground grading inspection & are fully aware that they will not be promoted under any circumstances.

I wait to hear a cunning plan. Ground share at Diss until they can do a lot of work at their own place? Why else bother with buying lights, getting permission and not installing them?

alderman friend
Youth Team Regular

Apr 29, 2019, 9:13 PM

Post #12 of 17 (7729 views)
Shortcut

]

I wait to hear a cunning plan. Ground share at Diss until they can do a lot of work at their own place? Why else bother with buying lights, getting permission and not installing them?

thought you could not groundshare to gain promotion.

Lionarm
Youth Team Regular

May 4, 2019, 10:17 AM

Post #13 of 17 (5982 views)
Shortcut

So, apart from counting chickens, the Deres ARE going to be promoted? And who is the next possibility re other vacancy?

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 4, 2019, 10:55 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #14 of 17 (5871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lionarm] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
So, apart from counting chickens, the Deres ARE going to be promoted? And who is the next possibility re other vacancy?

Looking that way but also seems that SCE could be 2 clubs short at step 6. As will be the Southern Combination.

windydcfc

May 4, 2019, 11:11 AM

Post #15 of 17 (5843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Looking that way but also seems that SCE could be 2 clubs short at step 6. As will be the Southern Combination.

I emailed the FA, about whether their aim was to fills the leagues before they’d think about relegations. Their reply was that their aim was league’s of 18-20 clubs at step 6.

BDA_85
First Team Regular

May 5, 2019, 8:42 PM

Post #16 of 17 (3790 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I emailed the FA, about whether their aim was to fills the leagues before they’d think about relegations. Their reply was that their aim was league’s of 18-20 clubs at step 6.

Can you share the full response please? Seems a very straightforward response from the FA.

windydcfc

May 6, 2019, 2:30 PM

Post #17 of 17 (2795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Step 6 - Best 9 Runners-Up [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

These are the responses I received from the West Riding FA:
1)
The West Riding County Amateur league will fold and will cease to exist In season 2019/20. The YAL have been granted feeder status by the FA. That being said, only the Premier League of the WYL have supply league status (promotion to Step 6).

There is no plan to have a single feeder league. The FA have confirmed that the West Riding would be better serviced by two leagues opening at ‘step 7’/feeder league) status and these will comprise of the WYL and YAL for season 2019/20.
2)
The season finishes on the 31st May. They will then host a AGM where the league will be officially dissolved.

YAL are in the process of assessing their clubs against Step 7 criteria. They then submit to the FA and the FA approve. I cannot see why the FA wouldn’t approve. I am not sure of the exact date for assessment.

The CFA has no intention to engineer an East / West split. Teams have a freedom of choice as to which league they apply to. An East/West split would only be fair if an equal standard of football could be guaranteed, which, at this stage, cannot.

It is not in the CFAs gift to mandate any team to complete in either league.
3)
The alternative would to be to operate the Step 7 leagues in distinct areas based on East and West geography. This assumes that the clubs that a) have the grounds to fulfil ground grading and b) the potential on the pitch are equality spread across the County. This is not the case unfortunately.

This is the response from the FA:
The league are due to present the current position in time for the next FA Leagues Committee meeting.

On face value we hope to approve this year, although a couple of clubs may need the first season to complete grading requirements.

With the move towards NLS Feeder Leagues it is likely that the footprint of each league is dealt with at County FA level.

(This post was edited by windydcfc on May 6, 2019, 2:32 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3